Cube i7 Book - Purchase and Accessories
Survey (please respond only if you have already ordered a tablet)
Where did you buy the tablet?
Aliexpress (Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited) stock 12.07.16 [ 9 ] ** [12,33%]
Aliexpress (Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited) without stock [ 10 ] ** [13,7%]
Aliexpress (So Cube) for stock 11.11.16 or without stock [ 11 ] ** [15,07%]
Aliexpress (another seller) [ 4 ] ** [5,48%]
Banggood [ 21 ] ** [28,77%]
GearBest [ 15 ] ** [20,55%]
Another Chinese store [ 1 ] ** [1,37%]
Another non Chinese store [ 2 ] ** [2,74%]
Total votes: 73

Rep: (206)
Cube i7 Book - buy and accessories
PictureCube i7 Stylus 2.0, Cube i16
Discussion | Purchase and accessories
  • Attention! To ensure greater security of the parcel do not publish the tracking number, index, address to a successful receipt.
  • Before buying readFAQ on buying portable devices abroad.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Links to sellers
  1. So cube. Scoreis anCertified Cube Retailer.
  2. Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited(Linda). Also a proven store and official retailer. Set up a sale in July, but at a sale of 11.11 the price was higher than that of So Cube.
    * Do not forget about cashback services when buying on Aliexpress. Really return $ 25-30 (7-10%) of the price of this tablet. Otherwise, the money will get himself Aliexpress :)There is also a double cashback chip (you’ll get about $ 20-30 more)already irrelevant.
  3. banggood- according to the ceb380 or b2b6b8 promotional code, it is $ 270 (actual as of January 23, 2017).
  4. GearBest. Also a certified retailer. True, there were several unpleasant incidents (including with other Cube models):time, two, three.
How to get a tablet and what to check immediately after unpacking
  1. In connection with the frequent cases of theft of equipment by Russian Post employees, I recommend at least not to put the name and signature in the notice before inspecting the package for opening, also ask you to weigh the tablet, there should not be a significant discrepancy with the weight indicated when checking the track on the Russian Post website. If everything is correct, then in principle you can put a signature and take the tablet home. Although some write that it is better to open the tablet in the compartment (sometimes there is a special table under the camera), then think for yourself.
  2. Record the unpacking of the tablet on the video, at the beginning of the recording, show the package on the camera from all sides, let the track and the piece of paper with the recipient's address get into focus.
  3. After opening the box, inspect the case for damage and dents (the tablet should not go out of the frame), if you suddenly find a defect, bring this place closer so that you can clearly see it.
  4. In the same video, turn on the tablet, let Windows boot. If you want to open a dispute in the plans due to unlicensed Win10 - in advance, save yourself with a flash drive, write a program on itProdukeyConnect through the adapter from the kit and bring the received key to the camera so that it fits completely.
  5. If you bought with the original stylus - try to draw in a program that supports the degree of pressing the stylus. Win10 has a built-in OneNote, but it requires you to log into your Microsoft account. More programs: Adobe Illustrator, Mypaint, Clip Studio Paint, Fresh Paint, Sketchable.
  6. If you wish, you can check: Wi-Fi connection (stock up on a point in advance, you can give it out from a smartphone), the work of a card reader, ports, camera, sound, power supply (is charging), a display on broken pixels (not the fact that you win the argument due to several broken) programAttached filedead pixel test.exe(272 KB)
    , uptime, and SSD enable counts via crystal disk info
  7. These are basic checks. Do not immediately confirm receipt of the goods. It is advisable to actively use it for a week or two (just don’t miss the deadline for order protection)
Good video examplefromSaymon_xxx.
Accessories
Keyboards
  1. The original keyboard. Cost ~ 57 $. Weight 660 grams. It has a touchpad and two USB 2.0 connectors on the sides. It is connected to the tablet via a 10-pin POGO connector (it takes power from the tablet). You can connect it reversely, i.e. use it as a stand:
    Attached Image

When buying fromShenzhen Ele Technology LimitedYou can order another engraving of the Cyrillic alphabet for $ 5. True, the result is different, sometimes crooked.
  2. Here issuchkeyboard case It is necessary to connect the cable to the micro-USB connector. Unfortunately there is no touchpad. On i7 Book it was not checked, but it should fit in size, as in the i7 Stylus themewas buyingNGP user.
  3. Such a keyboard (review)

Compatible Stylus
These styluses work with i7 Book:
1. The original stylus from the kit. Cost ~ 30 $. Supports 1024 degrees of depression.
2. Original styluses for Galaxy Note 3/4/5. But there are 256 degrees of depression.
3. Bamboo feel, Bamboo smart stylus
4. Fujitsu Digitizer Pen T5000
5. Fujitsu CP323611-01 Stylus Pen (review)
6. There are Chinese stylus clones for Galaxy Note for $ 1. There is only one degree of depression, there is a marriage and scratches the film.

These stylusesdoes not work with i7 Book:
1. Stylus for Wacom Intuos Graphic Tablets, Graphire, and Bamboo Series for Graphic Tablets (Capture, Connect, Splash, and Create)
2. Styluses from N-trig
Joysticks
Docking stations
ORICO Laptop Docking Station ANS6 -buggy
Covers
1. There issuchcase. Not perfect: weak magnets and thick (+1 cm to the thickness of the tablet). As a stand you can use, the tablet does not fall.
2. Recently appearedsuch. Feedbacktime, two
3. Such
Bags
Films / Glass
Powerbank
Energizer XP18000A
Powerbank6 battery 18650 (buy them separately). They are connected in series and in parallel, therefore they can deliver sufficient amperage for charging.
PD USB Type C Portable Charger RAVPower 26800mAh
Power supplies
Charging from the standard DC connector:
Universal power supply with voltage selection (not tested)

Type-C Charging:
Apple 29W - works
iVoler 75W USB Type C Charger with Power Delivery -works
iKits Type-C PD 4-port USB Charging Hub 60W + -works
Ugreen Type-C PD 30W -works, but only if you connect before running Windows

AUKEY USB C 29W PD 5V 3A, 9V 3A, 14.5V 2A- does not work (review zaduvalo)
iKits PD 2-port 36W 5V / 9V / 12V 2A- does not work (review zaduvalo)
CHOETECH 50W Quick Charge 3.0 -Does not work
AUKEY Amp USB Charger Quick Charge 3.0 - NOT working
iVoler 24W Quick Charge 3.0 - DOES NOT work

Conclusion: for charging from Type-C you need a powerful power supply with support for Power Delivery, NOT Quick Charge! Still, the process will go slower than through the factory BP.
USB 3.1 Type-C Adapters ->HDMI, USB
Simplest this type . There is a marriage and does not work, be sure to check before confirming receipt.
There are adapters with an additional full-sized USB port. For exampleCube i7 Book (Post woow_ # 52569485), although for some reason USB does not work:Cube i7 Book - buy and accessories (Post woow_ # 52609165)
Another userworks.

TechOrbits USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C & Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible) to DisplayPort 4K UHD -works

Another suchCube i7 Book - Purchase and Accessories (Post 23512pod # 54895370)

Cablor USB-C to HDMI / Ethernet / USB 3.0 / Type C / F Charging Port Adapter пїЅ works

Adapters for DisplayPort:
KiWiBiRD USB 3.1 Type C to DisplayPort 4K Adapter пїЅ works
Spare parts
Display
The display in the i7 Book is the same as in the i7 Stylus / Mix Plus / Surface Pro 2 (LTL106HL01-001).On request "LTL106HL01-001" Aliexpress you can find a ready-made panel (display + touch + glass) at a price of about $ 37. The only thing in the glass from the Surface will be extra holes for sensors that are not in Stylus.According toReview from Lentz, it is impossible to use this assembly in i7 Stylus: the location of loops is different. There is no information about the separation of the display and its separate permutation.
Another option is to ask the seller.So cubeDoes he have a display and how much.
Glass
Either contact the seller So Cube to find out, or search on Aliexpress for "cube Touch 10.6". You can find a glass with a tachem for Cube i10. I can not say, but most likely the glass is suitable for i7 Book.
Original battery
It comes with a controller board, because a rare product. The only place I have foundSo cubeon aliexpress. Need to write in a personal seller and negotiate. Price $ 40 (learned in August 2016). This is not cheap, so if you work with a soldering iron, it will be cheaper to buy separate cells on Aliexpress for $ 7-10 apiece the same size as the old ones and rewire instead of them to make it consistently (you need to look at the capacity for capacity, but the actual capacity is hardly more than 5000 mAh).
Sales History i7 Book
  • 12/28 - price for Bangood $ 270 with promo code.
  • 11/22/01/12 - again sale at So Cube. Again the price dropped to $ 299.99. After graduation, they raised it to $ 336, and a week later they raised it to 454.
  • November 11, 2016 - Sale at So Cube. The price of the tablet dropped to $ 299.99 (20,263 rubles). Applying the pre-assembled coupons could be reduced to $ 286 (19,318 rubles), and with an epn cashback (10.5% for the promo code), it would return another $ 30. After the end of the sale, the price increased by several days to $ 309, then to $ 318.
  • November 2016 - sale on Gearbest. Price $ 290.
  • July 12, 2016 - Sale from Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited. The price of the tablet has decreased to $ 299 (19,765 rubles).

Post has been editeddim565 - 24.11.18, 12:26
Reason for editing: Error in display module replacement information

Rep: (0)
Order already, as I understand it, you can.So cube Is this the official seller from the manufacturer?
http: //www.aliexpress....1080/32664271952.html

Post has been editednikulin.ivanevg - 21.05.16, 15:52

* nikulin.ivanevg,
So Cube is official, but there’s no order button, so for now it’s not.

The order button, it seems, has appeared. Or I'm wrong?

* nikulin.ivanevg,
I also wrote "Unfortunately, this product is now unavailable."

The seller on Ali said that the i16 model would not be produced at all. Somewhere around the same day, Chinese engineers grunt it.

Remains the choice of an old i7 and i9.
I really want the WACOM stylus, so I tend to i7. Moreover, he has no problems with heating. But it will already read the corresponding branch.

* nikulin.ivanevg,
Here the Chinese give :) But they should release something to replace the i7 Stylus. Thanks for the information.
UPD: The new model Cube i7 Book (Stylus 2.0 is also called). On the seller page .

WACOM, so leaning towards i7.
Just do not confuse the i7 and i7 Stylus, these are two different models, the WACOM styli of the i7 Stylus.
Moreover, he has no problems with heating.
There are problems, in heavy tasks trotting and power reduction, you will find information in the appropriate topic :)

Post has been editeddim565 - 15.06.16, 09:28

Rep: (3)
I really liked the keyboard, (half an hour with a soldering iron and will fit the first stylus)

Rep: (12)
Ordered with Klava and stylus. ~ 30 thousand minus 3 thousand cashback kogdanit. I asked the cheholchik to give, see what happens. In general, they promised to send on Monday, it is doubtful, but we'll see.

Rep: (19)
In general, I also signed up waiting for this device :)

My tablet is safely stuck in payment verification .. There are some shoals there and they say, they say, wait for 3 working days ..

Along the way I orderedSdshkuandbidenwhere old stick. At the rate of the savings bank, by the way, it’s more profitable today, if something was allayed on the course.

Rep: (19)
Hotcooler @ 07/04/2016, 21:05*
stuck in payment verification

Very strange, my payment went fine. He also paid in dollars with a SAT card.
Hotcooler @ 07/04/2016, 00:12*
Therefore, it will be possible to lower the max TDP and thereby reduce the temperature in theory

Here I am also counting on it. True, the experience of using Cube i7 Stylus warns that things may not be so rosy: with normal surfing in a native browser, the minimum frequency and the work of one core consumes 1 W of power and the temperature of the probe rises to 48 degrees. The back cover of the tablet at the same time heats up very noticeably.

My good seems to have left. Unfortunately, judging by the track, it will go through Mongolia .. As I understand it, it’s as fast as Finland will be. For as I understand it is 100% of the way by train.

Post has been editedHotcooler - 06.07.16, 12:33

Rep: (2)
Hey. I have been eyeing these devices for a long time. Manufacturers reduce the number of required ports, so the question arose about a universal adapter for them. Found minix neo c - expensive and a lot of unnecessary. Dell DA200 - there is an unnecessary port and no power. j5create JCA374 is my ideal, but very expensive. On the Chinese sites available to me it is not. They sell on Amazon and ebay for the price of 80-90 dollars and probably not with our plug. I saw a price for 50 on one site. Actually, maybe someone will be interested in this accessory and share information where you can buy cheaper, or maybe there is already an analog of this functionality. Separate options are not interesting (I do not like wires).

Hello,* arishka2003 .
I was somehow interested in Type-C hubs, looked at Aliexpress, but I could not find anything cheap with the Ethernet and HDMI ports.
Suchfor $ 89,such a bandurafor $ 110. And in cheaper ones only HDMI and USB, without a network.
Ask betterhere, there was also a topic for choosing a hub.
From July 12 to July 13 (up to 10 MSK), the Cube i7 Book can be bought for $ 300 (299.99) from Shenzhen Ele Technology Technology Limited (a verified seller, last year they arranged for the sale of the Cube i7 Stylus in summer and autumn).
+ You can take a coupon for a discount of $ 3, and if the amount of the purchase is above $ 399 (you never know who wants to buy a keyboard and stylus), then there is a coupon for $ 10.
+ promise gifts (the first 500 bag, 501-1000 wireless mouse, 1001-1500 pad). Last year did not cheat with this.
+ you can still return ~ $ 20-24 through cashback services

Link to product page.
If you issue during the promotion, then you need to have time to pay within 30 minutes, otherwise it will be automatically canceled.

Rep: (2)
Hey. I ordered this accessoryhere. I would be grateful if you clearly explain how and which phones you can charge by connecting it to the tablet. And globally, if there is a phone with type c and this accessory, then the image output from the phone to a large monitor is possible if the phone is on a full 10 windows?

* arishka2003, Hey.
You can charge any smartphones. Connect the mobile phone to the USB 3.0 port of the adapter (at the end of the cable should be just such a connector) and charging should begin. The truth is not sure that the tablet will be able to produce a large current, without testing, do not know.

If the phone has a full-fledged Windows 10 (although I’ve heard about this for the first time), then through the Type-C port you will most likely be able to display an image through this adapter. Although dependent on the manufacturer, it must implement such a function.

Rep: (9)
What service can cashback be done through?

* xSRx so that it doesn't look like an advertisement, you can search Google's TOP cashback services, now there are plenty of them. I use the service that gives 7% cashback (you can find the promotional code for 8%). At the time of registration they wrote that the most profitable, as I do not know now. The main conditions of cashback to read, it will be a shame if it is not counted.

Post has been editeddim565 - 12.07.16, 15:08

Rep: (30)
* dim565 will it be even cheaper than that? Original 10.6 "Inch Cube Book Tablet PC Intel Core I7 M3-6Y30 (Skylake) Windows 10 Tablet PC 4 GB RAM 64 GB ROM
http://s.aliexpress.com/zqMNrEvy
(from AliExpress Android)

Already found ... damn, I almost just did not take three by 330) wait until tomorrow)

Although it’s still dumb ... there is a bitter experience with this store ... I bought for $ 50 momo8w 5pcs, all the cables were like ... plus two of them died ...
* dim565 on tomservice that I use - shows immediately after payment. If it did not work out (and this is almost unreal), you can cancel the order and try again. The only thing that the money will have to wait a couple days later.

Post has been editedSaymon_xxx - 11.07.16, 21:31

Rep: (1)
Already the 12th, and the price does not change. As was 399 and remained. Or something I do not understand?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 16:10