Xiaomi ZMI MF855 - Discussion | [mifi] [ltemodem] Lte router and powerbank at 7800 mAh

Rep: (979)
DiscussionXiaomi ZMI MF855
Discussion | Selection and Comparison | Modem unlock codes

Attached Image

Attention!
  • There are two versions of the device: MF815 and MF855
    MF815 is designed for the domestic market of China and does not work with mobile networks in Russia. The MF855 version supports all major Russian 2G, 3G and 4G networks (FDD-Lte).
  • The default admin password is zimifi.
Photo
    Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

• WEB interface settings
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

• Android mobile client interface
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

• mobile client interface for iOS
    Attached Image

Specifications
Dimensions: 102 * 75 * 22.3 mm
Battery Capacity: 7800 mAh
Rated power: 5V 2.1A
Battery Number: 3
USB interface: 1
Interface microUSB: 1
SIM card: Micro SIM
Package Contents: Router Г— 1; USB / microUSB Г— 1 cable; warranty card / instruction / certificate Г— 1

Useful
Software

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 12.09.18, 12:36
Reason for editing: Renewal, completed by SKALDEK

Rep: (0)
I don’t understand, what about the tariffs?

Rep: (323)
* teuda despite the fact that if you are planning to use cheaper tariffs intended for smart, such as UNLIMITED OR POST-FREE PAYLINE or Iota for smart, you need to change your name and TTL in the modem, which is still very tight

Post has been editedkarendressig - 11.08.16, 09:35

Rep: (23)
teuda c yopta will be arbayten. Yota operates in the 7th LTE band. Judging by specs, Xiaomi ZMI MF855 supports this range.
It will not work only withBand 20.For many, this is critical ...
And as correctly notedkarendressig, make the router work on SIM cards iota for smart / tablet, do not particularly plan.

In general, someone uses this device, which operator do you use and what tariff

Rep: (45)
I live in Petersburg. I have been using this router for two weeks on a regular basis.

1.) The main operatorMegaphone , MegaFon Online-Corporate tariff (6 GB / month for 275 rubles). The employer pays.
The city has an excellent LTE signal, the average speed according to the Speedtest results: ping 16; Reception of 16 Mbps; 23.5 Mbps transmission. Outside the city you have to turn on 3G mode.
With the MegaFon network, the ZMI MF855 works better than their own branded router Megafon MR100-2 (Yota Many). The signal is stronger and the speed is slightly higher.

2.) I inserted a SIM card into it several timesTele 2 . Archival tariff "Very Black" (15 GB / month for 250 rubles).
The city has an excellent LTE signal, the average speed according to the Speedtest results: ping 15; 33.5 Mbps reception; 22.5 Mbps transmission. Out of town with Tele2 is bad.
Due to the fact that Tele2 charges home traffic throughout Russia, it is convenient to use it when traveling around the regions. In Veliky Novgorod, Tele2 also works fine.

3.) A week ago I went to Finland. They have a good LTE coverage area, even in rural areas, but they can cut speeds of up to 20 Mbps. But unlimited for 1 euro per day. Virtual operatorSaunalahti (network operator Elisa).

4.) I also used a router in Berlin a week ago. Virtual operatorAldi talk (network of operators E-Plus, Medion). I did not even switch to 3G mode, everywhere LTE. The reception speed in the region of 10 Mbps. Unlimited daily rate for 1.9 euros.

P.S.
None of the listed operators are involved in marauding like Yota and TTL does not track. That is, the Internet is distributed from the router without speed limits.

Post has been editedHejer - 12.08.16, 16:16

Rep: (2)
Hedjer @ 08/12/2016, 16:00*
I live in Petersburg. I have been using this router for two weeks on a regular basis.

1.) The city has an excellent LTE signal, the average speed according to the results of Speedtest: ping 16; Reception of 16 Mbps; 23.5 Mbps transmission. Outside the city you have to turn on 3G mode.
With the MegaFon network, the ZMI MF855 works better than their own branded router Megafon MR100-2 (Yota Many). The signal is stronger and the speed is slightly higher.

2.) Several times I inserted a SIM2 Tele2 into it. Archival tariff "Very Black" (15 GB / month for 250 rubles).
The city has an excellent LTE signal, the average speed according to the Speedtest results: ping 15; 33.5 Mbps reception; 22.5 Mbps transmission. Out of town with Tele2 is bad.

Thanks for the review.
How well does the device work as a power bank?
How stable is the 4G connection in severe conditions relative to other devices except the Megaphone MR100 (if there is anything to compare with)?

Rep: (11)
Dansator @ 08/12/2016, 18:19*
How well does the device work as a power bank?

I join the question ...
Is the actual capacity known?

How long is LTE?

Rep: (1)
Is it possible to connect an antenna?

Rep: (13)
* ajhev,

No, there is no antenna connector.

Rep: (1)
Hooray! Updated application for iOs. Now everything is in English officially.

Hello!
A dream came true and I became the proud owner of this miracle. I searched the entire Internet in search of information and applications for the router in Russian. I read this topic - I think this is the most complete information. Slightly conjured with the Androyd application. It turned out to be Russified, but I ask you not to throw stones at me, I translated it as I could, because I have no technical education. Russian language. should automatically earn.

Attached files

Attached fileZMI_MF855_v1_0.apk(19.98 MB)

Tell me, can you configure this device using both android and windows?

Post has been editedteuda - 22.08.16, 11:23

Teuda @ 08/22/2016, 12:22*
Tell me, can you configure this device using both android and windows?

Yes. After connecting the PC to the WiFi network of the router, you must dial 192.168.21.1 in the address bar of any browser. After that, you get to the router’s web interface. The default administrator password is zimifi. In mythe messagethere are a couple of screenshots.

Rep: (8)
I have been using it for three months in Moscow, the MTS operator is a corporate tariff with unlimited Internet. 4G works fine. The can is recharged one and a half times by Xiaomi Mi Max (4850mAh) - times from 0% to 100 and the second time somewhere up to 40-60%.

I decided to measure the speed of access to the Internet from various operators.
On all SIM cards, tariffs without speed limits are connected. Yota has a modem tariff for 2 hours.
All SIM cards connected to the network in 4G (Lte) mode.
Yota
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Mts
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Tele 2
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Megaphone
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (10)
Phantomaa @ 08/29/2016, 12:11*
In general, it’s a pity that there is no such function ... I don’t think that you need two radio modules, there is such a Lexand LPB-78W router, cheap China, so it has a repeater function in it, I don’t think there are two radio modules.

insert a whistle fromXiaomiand you will be a repeater

Rep: (12)
Kllerk @ 08/29/2016, 17:39*
insert the whistle from Xiaomi and you will have a repeater

In principle, an option (you mean Xiaomi Mi Repeater + WiFi), for example, at the moment I need to increase the coverage area of ​​the video nanny (she has her own wifi network). It is necessary to search whether he can realize it.

Of course, the real size of the Xiaomi ZMI MF855 battery is also interesting. I really want to buy this device, but something confuses :)

Post has been editedPhantomaa - 29.08.16, 18:22

Rep: (12)
Strange, I talked with a Chinese seller claims that it can work as a repeater, maybe as related to the Englishification?

Phantomaa @ 08/30/2016, 16:36*
Strange, I talked with a Chinese seller claims that it can work as a repeater, maybe as related to the Englishification?

Once again, I climbed into the web interface of the router. There are no settings for the repeater mode. First you need to connect it to another network and somewhere to enter a password from it so that the router starts broadcasting this network. Found nothing of the kind.
The Chinese are notable storytellers. Ask him to send screenshots of these functions in a web interface or in a mobile client.
And most importantly - specify which version of the router it is going to sell to you! MF815 will work only in China.

Post has been editedHejer - 30.08.16, 17:39

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/09/19, 08:31