Compatible models
Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge +, Note5
Memory
External memory
MicroSD (Up to 256 GB)
Camera
Sensor
CMOS, 15.0 MP x2
Default Output Pixel (Count Equivalent to)
25.9 MP
Video recording resolution
360 ° (3840 x 1920) @ 30fps
f Number
f / 2.0
physical characteristics
Dimensions (H x W x D)
56.3 x 66.7 x 60.1 mm
Weight (g)
Battery
Standard battery capacity
1350 mAh
Removable battery
Yes
Video Recording Time (Dual 2560x1280 @ 30fps)
Up to 140 m
Video Recording Time (Single 1920x1080 @ 30fps)
Up to 160 m
Audio and Video
Video Recording Format
Mp4
Video Recording Compression
H.265 (HEVC)
Audio Recording Compression
AAC
Number of MIC
GEAR 360 Known Issues
1. The alignment of the horizon in PHOTOS, with automatic stitching using a PC and ActionDirector DOES NOT PERFORM !!!

Treatment Using third-party software and manual merging of sources.

2. Lens fogging
Examples ofcondensate problemson the picture (turn the mouse wheel zoom and look at the loss of detail)

Example of Fogging 1 (1/4000 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 2 (1/3200 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 3 (1/800 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Examples ofcondensate problemson VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0abnke06ec

Treatment condensate inside the chamber link .

3. Overheat.
Overheating causes two problems at once, the first one described above is condensate, and the second is that the camera is simply cut off after 12-15 continuous video shoots from overheating.
Treatment - homemade radiator: examples of homemade radiators for cooling Gear360

4. A very severely limited number of officially supported phones (these are only SGS 6 and SGS 7 (now also SGS8)).
Treatment - The use of modified applications, with the removed zalochki under the manufacturer, and for very weak (old) devices also with the cut out LiveView module.

- Modified Gear360Managerwith the support LiveView (i.e. real-time viewfinder), however, this version only works on top-end flagship devices (SONY Z5, etc.) from other manufacturers. And does not support devices like SGS4. (On condition of sufficient power and modernity of the phone, it supports the full functionality of the Gear 360 Manager, but because of this the range of supported phones is not too wide).
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager Bin4ry mod
If this mod did not work on your phone, try to install the RVFX360 mod with the cut out LiveView.

- Modified Gear360Managerwithout LiveView support and auto-flashing in the phone, BUT supporting any phone model with Android 5.0+ (except Android 6 like). The ROSTOVisualFX mod only allows you to use the phone as a remote control and also change camera settings, such as shutter volume, turning off red LED indicators, changing white balance, exposure compensation, limiting the maximum possible ISO values, and turning on HDR mode.
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager RVFX360 mod

- The new official Gear 360 Manager with support for two models of Gear 360 (2016) and Gear 360 (2017) cameras, but on old phones still does not work (only Galaxy S8, S8 +, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge +, S6, S6 edge, A5 (2017), A7 (2017))
Install from Google.Play

5. Severe lack of accessories (in particular, Aquabox).
Treatment - Search Used on Avito and other sites
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Gear 360 (old)
Aperturef2.0
Photo360Ëš:30MP (7776 x 3888)
Video360Ëš:3840 x 1920 (30fps)
Battery:1350 mAh

Gear 360 (2017)
Aperturef2.2 (worse)
Photo360Ëš:15MP (5472 x 2736) (worse, at such a low resolution, your panorama will not even be accepted for 360cities service)
Video360Ëš:4096 x 2048 (24fps) A low frame rate kills the advantage of a meager increase in video resolution (24p video looks rather worse than 30p in the old version of the camera).
Battery:1160 mAh(weaker)
Comparison of Gear 360 (2016) with peers from competitors:

LG is not even considered a competitor, because You on YouTube can see for yourself the awful even sparse video quality of LG’s counterpart that is not close.

Comparison of Samsung Gear 360 with Nikon and ricoh (Post by ganzikov # 59323802)
Useful

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRu4kin - 18.10.17, 13:37

Rep: (17)
Samsung is not in a hurry to bring an underwater box for the camera to Russia, which is certainly a pity (well, of course, it isn’t happy with the price that was asked for in the enemy stores), but self-made boxes and options for using extraneous cellophane began to appear ...

and here is the linkhttp://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1674034

Rep: (8)
Found a very interesting fact.Google Street View clogs the place 4 times more than actually useful stuff removed!

Had free space3.36GB in the internal memory.
Stripped off85 panoramas (on average, one panorama weighs from 9 to 13mb), which occupy together only 934 mb , and there was no space left on the phone at all (64kb, even I couldn’t save the screen).
The question is where is the place? We go inSettings - Options - Application Manager - Street View (Google Street View) see what else is busy 2.4gb in the Data field.
I don’t have a ROOT, please, who has a ROOT, see what kind of data Google Street View stores in the phone secret from us. Maybe there is something interesting there.

Judging by the fact that the size of the hammered place is 2.5 times higher than useful,Google street view most likely it keeps at its source and a duplicate of the finished stitched panorama. Because if we move panoramas to a computer from an open storage location, then in Google street view we can still view them.
Honestly, I thought the camera was transmittingGoogle street view already stitched panorama. But judging by the occupied place, this is most likely not the case.
Those. virtually every panorama is saved about 4 times on the phone! There is so little internal memory, just tin and not Google.

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 11.09.16, 07:59

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/11/2016, 07:58*
Google Street View clogs the place 4 times more than actually useful stuff removed!

I'll try to see in the evening ...

By the way there is the opportunity to make a remote control for shooting (though again through STREET VIEW), if interested, I will describe ...

Gear360 @ 09/12/2016, 12:53*
By the way there is the opportunity to make a remote control for shooting (though again through STREET VIEW), if interested, I will describe ...

Of course it’s interesting! Waiting for a way!

I just realized by testing that it’s better to shoot without stitching, because although CyberLink compresses the photo to 2mb, it stitches much better than Google Street View! Google always has a bad stitching, there is an obvious seam across the sky, and most importantly, the nifig tile below does not fit perfectly! Although more than 50cm distance is enough for perfect stitching. When stitching through CyberLink on a computer, the stitching quality is perfect.
In addition, having the source if you wish, you can always change it in the professional editor and get the maximum quality.

Again, experts think I could find which thread the Cyberlink ActionDirectora config is, and fix the setting because of which it compresses the photo to 2mb.

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/13/2016, 07:51*
Of course it’s interesting! Waiting for a way!

so another invention obtained from nefig do :))

1. We take the remote for ANDROID games (any, which is convenient, the main thing is that there would be a stick for controlling the cursor and buttons)
2. Connect the remote to the device (communication through a broomstick)
3. Turn off the sleep mode on the device (make the screen constantly on) and launch STREET VIEW on the device
4. Connect the camera to the device (there is already Wi-FI)
5. Using the stick, move the cursor to the button in the lower right corner and forget about the stick
6. Now we can put the device anywhere, the main thing is not to poke the screen once again ... in the car I put in the glove compartment, when shooting indoors, I just put it in a backpack in an empty compartment on the street, as well in a backpack ... in a case, then you definitely don’t poke the screen
7. Use the remote control as usual poking at any convenient button ...
8. Stitching and embedding in STREET VIEW occurs as usual ...

Surely it will also work with an apple, if the remote control approaches it ...

PS ... the issue price is 200 p. (the remote took on EBAY like this)

Posted on 09/14/2016, 10:44:

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/13/2016, 07:51*
When stapling through CyberLink

Why not PTGUi? in the same place everything seems to be simple and stitches decently + plugins, etc. and of course it’s not squeezing size (2 meters for 360 panoramas - this is IMHO very bad, and so the quality to put it mildly is not a fountain ...)
Now, if GOOGLE released an application for WIN, it would be great, connected the camera to a notation / tablet and immediately uploaded or stitched third-party software, uploaded it and immediately placed it, as well as dancing with tambourines ...

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (83)
It would be interesting to add a blue-tooth remote directly to it, otherwise the eye sits on a stick, a blue-tooth, and it was just a matter of clicking the button with a button ...

Why not PTGUi? in the same place everything seems to be simple and stitches decently + plugins, etc. and of course it’s not squeezing size (2 meters for 360 panoramas - this is IMHO very bad, and so the quality to put it mildly is not a fountain ...)

Yes, firstly, the program is paid, and secondly, as far as I know there, you must first manually cut the original panorama from two circles in one file into two separate files, otherwise the program does not understand that you can stitch a panorama from one photo. This is awesome! If you only really use it for commercial purposes, then you can get confused, and for yourself laziness, all the more I know that the source is saved anyway and if you wish or need someday a very successful panorama can be rebuilt in a professional editor such as PTGUi or Autopano Giga ( as well as Autopano Video Pro).

And again, why these troubles, if for sure you can just fix the Cyberlink ActionDirector config so that it does not pinch the panorama to 2mb and that's it!

As for the fountain, I would not agree to put it mildly - if you shoot for 7 minutes, then turn off the battery and let the Gear 360 cool down for 7 minutes, then you can continue high-quality shooting. Those. DO NOT LEAD TO FOGING LENSES, then wait less until it recovers!
Ideally, you have two cameras, one took 7 minutes, turned off, took out the battery, you shoot for the second, took 7 minutes, turned it off, again you shoot for the first.

So did anyone look who has a ROOT what kind of data keeps Google Street View on the phone secret from us? After all, it’s not a joke on each panorama to occupy a place on the phone another 3 me by weight! Maybe there are source codes there? Since I would not recommend using Google Street View at all - it sews BAD! And you lose the source code (although it may be stored in the data of the program itself, and having the root it can be saved from there)!

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 14.09.16, 11:34

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/14/2016, 11:30*
Since I would not recommend using Google Street View at all - it sews BAD

As for stitching from Google, it’s not all clear, in nature and if there are no small parts around, you can sew very well from obvious shoals - these are sweep wires, there will be 90% error, if you sew indoors, you can easily get a good result ( given the speed of the work, the quality can be considered acceptable, again people are delighted with the process itself, and do not look at the little things (you can see here -http://familyphotostudio.ru/studiorent )

Regarding PTGUi, everything is simple there; a 1-n macro in PS cuts the picture and, if desired, stretches in sharpness and the template in the program itself 90% of panoramas are sewn well, you have to bother with the rest .... \

It would be interesting to add a blue-tooth remote directly to it, otherwise the eye sits on a stick, a blue-tooth, and it was just a matter of clicking the button with a button ...

not one of the available ones is screwed on :(

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/14/2016, 11:30*
So somebody looked who has a ROOT

I do not have ROOT sad ...

and meanwhile, there was unconfirmed information that “Samsung employees intend to demonstrate the updated version of the Gear 360 Pro camera along with the flagship Galaxy S8. Information regarding the technical characteristics, as well as the estimated cost of the new product has not yet been reported. (Insider # 699: Xiaomi Mi5S, Samsung Gear 360 Pro, Qiku F4S and WattUp Wireless Charging Technology
as well as “Samsung Gear 360 Pro should get improved camera modules that can boast the best quality photos and videos, as well as many new features, but so far we do not have more detailed data. We are also in a hurry to tell you that the Seoul company is working on the Gear application 360 for the iOS mobile platform, which will provide support for 360-degree cameras.Unfortunately, there are no signs that this application will appear in the Apple Store in the near future.Not so long ago, Samsung began beta testing the Gear Manager application for the iPhone, which s users can connect these smartphones smartchasy and fitness trackers -. According galaxy-droid.ru "

But something tells you that SAMSUNG will traditionally leave compatibility with the flagship (already with S8, and better with S8 Gear360PRO edition) and work to make connecting to other phones even more inconvenient ...

PS ... as a positive delirium:
1. Releases photo auto-attachment application
2. Will make an application to connect to any phone
3. The remote control and underwater case will be immediately attached to the camera in the kit

Guys who bought officially in Russia, please write off, Gear 360 shoots a video from you30 frames per second or 25 frames?
I just ordered from Korea, it’s almost 10k cheaper, and delivery is only 5 days, and I’m happy I take 30 frames, it’s just interesting how it shoots from us, because inside the application came an icon at 50p and 60p, there are probably versions of PAL and NTSC for different markets.

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 19.09.16, 13:01

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/19/2016, 1:00 p.m.*
I just ordered from Korea,

We, I think, are more interested in whether the "Korean" eye is sweating? :) at work, like "Russian", and, in my case, "Lithuanian"?

Post has been editedzveris - 19.09.16, 14:09

We, I think, are more interested in whether the "Korean" eye is sweating? while working, like "Russian", and, in my case, "Lithuanian"?

And you reread all my messages on the last 2 pages and there will be no questions! It also sweats, all Gear 360 cameras are made in VIETNAM, what humidity you can imagine there. Naturally, the costs of dehumidifying the air in production in Vietnam would negate all labor savings.

It also seems to me that the whole 99% difference in cameras is in picking at the time of purchase, as I wrote, I had a 64 gig memory card and a hard carry case for transportation, well, plus VR glasses, which made buying a camera not in July RF is almost pointless ...
By the way, I tried shooting and taking pictures on the street for a long time, fogging did not appear ... the truth is on the street no higher than +8

Really respected Gear 360 owners can’t take their video files from Gear 360 on a computer, right-click, select Properties, go to the Details tab, and say how many frames per second their camera takes?

Posted on 09/22/2016, 08:16:

Gear360 @ 09/20/2016, 12:33*
on the street for a long time, fogging did not appear ...

How long? 30 minutes in a row? 1 hour?

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 22.09.16, 08:17

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/22/2016, 08:15*
How long? 30 minutes in a row? 1 hour?

as for photographing (GSV), then it takes 1.5-2 hours (but from the car and on the move) and the video is not more than 30 minutes, I’m just bored to shoot and then pick it up ... here I’ll buy it on NG, S7 here then maybe I’ll be pampered with the video, especially since there is a child’s morning party ... I’ll wash down high technology in the kindergarten :)

And I faced fogging once, I wrote above, it was in crocodiles in Tunisia, but there was +35 air and wild humidity (with this there is a complete ass) there, after 30 minutes of shooting, a fogged lens was clearly visible, 15 minutes of shutdown allowed to remove fogging and no longer manifested, although he continued filming feeding the creatures ...
PS ... which is interesting, fogging did not affect the quality of the pictures ... although I expected nasty things in the pictures ...

Gear360 @ 09/22/2016, 10:46*
interesting fogging did not affect the quality of the pictures ...

On the contrary, visually I didn’t see any perspiration on the lenses, but judging by the sharply deteriorating quality of the photo, the pictures become very blurry (and do not fit anywhere), the clarity and detail disappear completely after 15 minutes of shooting at an air temperature of 30. It remains to be hoped for in the winter. So it was necessary to call Gear 360 Winter Edtiton (Not for use in Summer!).

25 or 30 frames takes off, continue to ignore my question (

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/22/2016, 08:15*
Really respected Gear 360 owners can’t take their video files from Gear 360 on a computer, right-click, select Properties, go to the Details tab, and say how many frames per second their camera takes?

Attached Image

Plyusanul, but you are not from Russia, so the question is valid. But thanks anyway!
But I do not exclude that Samsung could have thought of making 29.97p for all countries (since 25p looks awful), and the high frame rate mode for some is at 50p and for others at 60p. Otherwise, why put the icon at 50p?

So, please look at the shooting mode with a high frame rate, in the camera itself or from the remote control, what does it say 50fps or 60fps?
Only then do not forget to return to the maximum settings, otherwise tell me that because of me half a year they shot in low quality.

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 24.09.16, 20:24

Rep: (7)
2. Will make an application to connect to any phone

If Samsung does not, then we will do it for them :)

Introducing a New Application ModificationGear 360 Manager compatible with most phone models of any manufacturers!
Attached Image

Now, as a remote control for Gear 360, you can use any phone with Android 5.0 or higher!
We managed to achieve this level of compatibility due to the fact that our programmer cut out the LiveView module (real-time preview).
Therefore, even on weak and outdated phones like Samsung GALAXY S4 and Note 3, this application works and allows you to change the Exposure, White Balance, HDR settings and also set ISO restrictions. And the most important thing is to control the shutter release of the Gear 360 spherical camera remotely by taking a picture at the right time, and not when the timer expires.
Attached Image

The advantage of shooting using the modified native Gear 360 Manager application is that, unlike Google Street View, we still have a high quality non-cross-linked source that can be qualitatively stitched in the native program on the computer (although it will receive a compressed file, but the panorama will be qualitatively stitched , seamlessly) or sew in a professional editor for the maximum possible result! When shooting through Google Street View, we lose the source! But Google doesn’t stitch it.

You can always download the current version on the official page of the developers of this modification:
Modified Gear 360 Manager for any phone model

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 25.09.16, 10:38

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/20/19, 11:37 a.m.