Compatible models
Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge +, Note5
Memory
External memory
MicroSD (Up to 256 GB)
Camera
Sensor
CMOS, 15.0 MP x2
Default Output Pixel (Count Equivalent to)
25.9 MP
Video recording resolution
360 В° (3840 x 1920) @ 30fps
f Number
f / 2.0
physical characteristics
Dimensions (H x W x D)
56.3 x 66.7 x 60.1 mm
Weight (g)
Battery
Standard battery capacity
1350 mAh
Removable battery
Yes
Video Recording Time (Dual 2560x1280 @ 30fps)
Up to 140 m
Video Recording Time (Single 1920x1080 @ 30fps)
Up to 160 m
Audio and Video
Video Recording Format
Mp4
Video Recording Compression
H.265 (HEVC)
Audio Recording Compression
AAC
Number of MIC
GEAR 360 Known Issues
1. The alignment of the horizon in PHOTOS, with automatic stitching using a PC and ActionDirector DOES NOT PERFORM !!!

Treatment Using third-party software and manual merging of sources.

2. Lens fogging
Examples ofcondensate problemson the picture (turn the mouse wheel zoom and look at the loss of detail)

Example of Fogging 1 (1/4000 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 2 (1/3200 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 3 (1/800 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Examples ofcondensate problemson VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0abnke06ec

Treatment condensate inside the chamber link .

3. Overheat.
Overheating causes two problems at once, the first one described above is condensate, and the second is that the camera is simply cut off after 12-15 continuous video shoots from overheating.
Treatment - homemade radiator: examples of homemade radiators for cooling Gear360

4. A very severely limited number of officially supported phones (these are only SGS 6 and SGS 7 (now also SGS8)).
Treatment - The use of modified applications, with the removed zalochki under the manufacturer, and for very weak (old) devices also with the cut out LiveView module.

- Modified Gear360Managerwith the support LiveView (i.e. real-time viewfinder), however, this version only works on top-end flagship devices (SONY Z5, etc.) from other manufacturers. And does not support devices like SGS4. (On condition of sufficient power and modernity of the phone, it supports the full functionality of the Gear 360 Manager, but because of this the range of supported phones is not too wide).
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager Bin4ry mod
If this mod did not work on your phone, try to install the RVFX360 mod with the cut out LiveView.

- Modified Gear360Managerwithout LiveView support and auto-flashing in the phone, BUT supporting any phone model with Android 5.0+ (except Android 6 like). The ROSTOVisualFX mod only allows you to use the phone as a remote control and also change camera settings, such as shutter volume, turning off red LED indicators, changing white balance, exposure compensation, limiting the maximum possible ISO values, and turning on HDR mode.
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager RVFX360 mod

- The new official Gear 360 Manager with support for two models of Gear 360 (2016) and Gear 360 (2017) cameras, but on old phones still does not work (only Galaxy S8, S8 +, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge +, S6, S6 edge, A5 (2017), A7 (2017))
Install from Google.Play

5. Severe lack of accessories (in particular, Aquabox).
Treatment - Search Used on Avito and other sites
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Gear 360 (old)
Aperturef2.0
Photo360Лљ:30MP (7776 x 3888)
Video360Лљ:3840 x 1920 (30fps)
Battery:1350 mAh

Gear 360 (2017)
Aperturef2.2 (worse)
Photo360Лљ:15MP (5472 x 2736) (worse, at such a low resolution, your panorama will not even be accepted for 360cities service)
Video360Лљ:4096 x 2048 (24fps) A low frame rate kills the advantage of a meager increase in video resolution (24p video looks rather worse than 30p in the old version of the camera).
Battery:1160 mAh(weaker)
Comparison of Gear 360 (2016) with peers from competitors:

LG is not even considered a competitor, because You on YouTube can see for yourself the awful even sparse video quality of LG’s counterpart that is not close.

Comparison of Samsung Gear 360 with Nikon and ricoh (Post by ganzikov # 59323802)
Useful

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRu4kin - 18.10.17, 13:37

Rep: (0)
Hello!
I just got the camera available, but there is very little information. Immediately interested in several questions:
1. How to make a live broadcast from the camera to the Internet and what is the best way to do it?
2. Is it possible to try to control the camera with iphone 5 s through dancing with a tambourine (the system is not hacked, there is no sidia). To buy for this purpose, the Samsung phone is not recommended.
3. How can I install new firmware again without a Samsung phone?

From the available while there is only a software:http: //org.downloadcen..ctionDirector_1718.exe

Thank you all in advance!

Rep: (0)
Some new information is here!http://rec360.ru/spherical-cameras/gear-360.html
And here in English:http: // 360camerasforum ... amsung-gear-360-forum /

Rep: (1)
I also bought an iPhone 5s yesterday too. You can connect to the camera from the phone through the Google Street View program and take a photo that will be saved to the card and to the phone. But there’s no big point in this :)
I, like you, absolutely not tempted to buy S6 / S7 or Note5. I read that the application was broken and you can run it on any Android device, but I don’t have any suitable one even with a little android device and I don’t want to.

What interests me the most is how easy it is to upload panoramic photos? Yes, you can be on Facebook, but you want to publish them on the site .. Can someone tell me an intelligent service that has the ability to embed content on third-party sites, such as the same YouTube? Flickr can do this, but through some special application again, but there is no application. There is a JPG from the camera, where would you put it directly from the computer?

360 support is declared on Facebook, they say, just upload, and then it itself. You load and get a standard view - two spherical panoramas side by side (two circles), no automatic conversion to you .. Something from this camera I have so far so-so impressions, painful many questions and no answers at all

In general, through the PC application, photos can also be .. uh .. how does this translate? In general, you can make a stitch to equirectangular projection, that is, convert to another projection, it is already understood by Facebook.

On another English-speaking forum, I saw a mention that the hacked / ported version of the application was launched on Xiaomi Note. But what version of the laptop is not specified, I asked the question .. for now silence. I think to buy, I really want to see live view and exposure control, but at least 2 of them are relevant on different chipsets.

I bought this device, I studied it for three days, today I went back and passed it.
Made perfectly, good software, ergonomics, convenient control.
In this device everything is fine.
But a fly in the ointment kills all these charms.
The main function is shooting video 360, and it is removed of course. only here the line of stitching and its processing, the so-called stitching leaves much to be desired.
A strip of stitching, it is not just visible, a piece of space falls out on this strip, if a person gets there, he will lose much weight :)
Plus, the geometric shift periodically manifests itself, that is, not joining straight lines
In detail, the guys studied these effects, you can see
http: //holographica.sp...amsung-gear-360-3-4900there is a vidos on which a person was placed on the gluing line.

There is also a negative effect which is manifested in the fact that the front and rear cameras give out different contents in color temperature due to different lighting conditions.

With all of this today, when I handed over the camera in the store, I saw a flown update that was supposedly designed to significantly improve the color reproduction and its synchronization between the front and rear cameras.
Maybe with stitching something will do with time.

In the settings there is about autocorrection of angles and stabilization of shaking, but did not notice that it really works.

I also found recommendations to sew not with the Samsung software but with the autopanno program, as if it could pull it all out and sew it normally. Need to try.
Gnarled stitching killed all the devices and deprived of the pleasure of owning this device.
So far, Allie camera is the leader in video quality among what I have tested, although it gives only 20 fps and has a problem with the white balance.

* skyfish777,
stitching is not perfect, that's for sure, but not deadly bad, in my opinion
Worse, Samsung didn’t support all other phones .. only its flagships

For gluing through autopano, you need to cut the source into two files, sprinkle the right and left sides, this is very dreary, especially when you have a few pieces of video recorded

ViGilant @ 07/02/2016, 15:02*
360 support is declared on Facebook, they say, just upload, and then it itself.

Something on Facebook doesn't work ... shows just a sheet and translates nothing ((

It works, you must first shove (or make a Stitch on the phone) in the Action Director of the photo, after stitching (I don’t know how to say it correctly in Russian), Facebook is doing everything right.

Rep: (82)
Facebook is doing everything right.

I do not. While I’m uploading everything in Google Photos, he understands the realms perfectly ...
The problem, I personally, in the other - totally goes de-focus. As a rule, sharpness on objects within a radius of several tens of centimeters - everything that is further blurry ... Sometimes you walk all day, you fot - everything is clear, and on another day everything is blurry. Fotayu (I only fotayu - I don’t really understand why such a video is for an ordinary person :)) - without a smart, with a stick, I pressed the red button - and put a stick - she paused and made a photo.
Who else has problems with defocus?

* zveris on facebook you don’t have to push the spheres, but already a rectangle that after processing in Action Director is obtained. I do not take a photo, so I can't say anything about the defocus. The video seems to be in focus.

* zveris
I noticed here that both faces sweat from the inside ... exactly in the center, if you shoot for a while on the street
Samsung says, this is supposedly normal, the camera heats up, what do you want .. mda

Thus, the middle of the picture from each lens becomes blurred.

I noticed here that both faces sweat from inside

So far, so hmm .... FICHI :) I have not watched myself

Rep: (14)
Or maybe someone from the owners of this device, posting examples of original photos and videos

Extracted the original

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedzveris - 26.08.16, 13:45

* zveris Thank you, but I meant the originals are those that have not yet been sewn, in the form of two circles

Vlad30 @ 08.26.2016, 12:44*
but I meant the originals are those that are not yet sewn, in the form of two circles

Hmm ... We need to pick the card ...

I just want to try how the stitching of these two angles will take place in programs such as PTGui and Kolor Autopano, since I don’t have a Samsung phone

Vlad30 @ 08.26.2016, 12:57*
I just want to try how the stitching of these two angles will take place in programs such as PTGui and Kolor Autopano, since I don’t have a Samsung phone

I mined the original

Rep: (17)
as one of the few active owners of GEAR360 I will share my observations and of course I will answer questions (if they arise)
1. Purchase
I took the camera on pre-order and received it by July 1, and immediately began to torment me, the benefit was on the sea and there were many reasons for taking a picture ...
With the camera, Samsung made a number of gifts, for which I am grateful to him:
- VR helmet - while I am useless, because I have no Samsung flagship
- 64 gigabyte memory card - useful thing
- box for storage and carrying, convenient on the road, because The box is shaped like a camera and hard, in a word, a great gift

2. Use
As everyone knows, Samsung says that the camera can work fully only with flagships (or through a hacked manager with other flagship phones), I unfortunately did not work, and therefore had to learn PTGUi (I did not like the rest) ...
But in fact, without a SAMSUNG smart there are 3 Usage Scenarios:
- we go with the camera and click everything around, we get 2 frames (as shown above) we cut them in Photoshop (well, I’m used to it, and I wrote the macro in 30 seconds) and then process PTGUi (there you can create a template)
- we go for a walk with any smart phone and camera + loaded by Google Street View, here we use smart as a console and auto-stitching panorama, photos are saved directly on the smart, and then how you want you can upload to the card, you can watch at home
- the third option is not obvious and no one has written about it (well, I haven’t met either on Russian or on enemy forums), you can walk, click the camera and at the same time get IMMEDIATELY stitched panoramas in the camera memory ...

3. Camera advantages
- Of course, the convenience of shooting for those who are professionally engaged in real estate, travel, tourism ... may be useful in compiling directories of interesting places to visit by guests of the city, and just to show friends and relatives something that they cannot see because remoteness
- ease of use
- relatively high quality shooting for "soap dishes"

4. Cons
- the inability to set and fix the ISO from the camera menu, in connection with which shooting in the evening or in cloudy weather, is virtually impossible due to poor quality
- to that CLOWN, who placed the shutter button on the top, must put his mouth on the heel ... in any version of hand-shooting (without using a timer), fingers fall into the frame ... and, well, we need long and very thin fingers
- The camera is not an action !!! Any, not even a big drop can lead to scratches on protective lenses, and this will inevitably worsen the final image ...
- Ok, they tied the camera to the Samsung ecosystem, but did not release a protective box to it from the start of sales, etc. this is the height of stupidity ...
- The quality of the cameras is not stable ... different people have lines at the cross-links, a sharp color imbalance on the matrixes, etc., it is also worth noting that overheating during a long video shoot ...

In short, the impressions of use ... now I have a new hobby, I put all less interesting places on the map of my city, let it be ... If anyone is interested in shooting examples (in 90% this is autosurfing) you can dial on Google map "Murmansk Icebreaker" Lenin "" and look at least my entire album ...
If you have questions, ask ...

Shl ... While I'm playing ONLY with photos, the video does not seduce me, and not interesting, maybe later ...

Post has been editedRu4kin - 11.02.17, 00:01
Reason for editing: in the header

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 21:23