Version: 1.0
Last update in the header: 06/20/2016

Brief description of the game:
simulator

Genre: not really a game
Android version: any

Full description of the game:
Immediately see the following problems with 3d:
1 The image of 3d objects is not smoothed (the edges are highly jagged).
2 Individual objects from some distances can be seen turned inside out, from other distances it is normal. Objects consisting of one polygon are not fully visible or not visible at all, even if there are no overlaps with other objects.
3 Between some polygons visible slits.
4 Some parts of objects look flat, although they actually have a convex shape.
Are these problems somehow treated?

There was also a problem with the interface turning the head. How do you usually solve it?

I have never written such applications before - they are interested in all useful tips / comments on it.

Files:
Attached filepdd.apk(21 MB)
mihail_13
Message#42
08.07.16, 22:18
Guru
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 2155
Check in: 21.03.14

ProgramZistor @ 07/08/2016, 21:41*
Not quite cutting. Imagine, the side of the bus is cut off, that is, the front part is drawn normally, and the back part is with a bug.

Right now, I got a damn - not quite there. The front part is not visible at all, the side are visible (one outside the other from the inside) and the rear (partially closed near side)
mastersmit
Message#43
08.07.16, 23:21
Krutyak
[offline]

Messages 5623
Check in: 27.01.10
ZTE Nubia Z17 6 GB RAM

And I could not even get under way .. The belt is fastened, the turn signals even turn on and a truncated ..

--------------------
Acer Aspire E15 ([email protected], 2x4Gb DDR3-1600 Kingston, HD5500 + GF 940m 2Gb, 500Gb HDD, Win10)
Huawei U8860 Honor >Sony Xperia ZR C5503 >Nubia Z17 6/128 Stoke 6.10
Nuclear/Nuclear world
ProgramZistor
Message#44
08.07.16, 23:28
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622
Check in: 25.02.16

Mastersmit @ 07/08/2016, 11:21*
And I could not even get under way
It is necessary to put the transmission, add gas and slowly release the clutch.

--------------------
They say time is money. They lie! Time is more valuable than money, because time cannot be bought!
A bad tool multiplies your efforts by zero, a good one by one. Excellent - by the number more than one!
Do not confuse concepts: appreciate things, love people.
mastersmit
Message#45
08.07.16, 23:29
Krutyak
[offline]

Messages 5623
ZTE Nubia Z17 6 GB RAM

* ProgramZistor,
And this is all a mouse? : rofl:

Ah, it came) start only from 7000 rpm: rofl: less - stalls .. do not have enough air? : D

Post has been editedmastersmit - 08.07.16, 23:36

--------------------
Acer Aspire E15 ([email protected], 2x4Gb DDR3-1600 Kingston, HD5500 + GF 940m 2Gb, 500Gb HDD, Win10)
Nuclear/Nuclear world
ProgramZistor
Message#46
09.07.16, 00:49
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

Mastersmit @ 07/08/2016, 11:29 PM*
And this is all a mouse?
The program is actually for android.
start only at 7000 rpm
Yes, you can, and with 2000, only slowly let the clutch.

Mihail_13 @ 07/08/2016, 10:06*
and on all androids everything will be fine
On my "android" buseslikenormal. But on top - not very.
Attached Image

I inform about one more bug: I drove into the bus! And then other buses drove into this bus.
Attached Image

This is how the control looks on a small screen.
Attached Image

--------------------
They say time is money. They lie! Time is more valuable than money, because time cannot be bought!
A bad tool multiplies your efforts by zero, a good one by one. Excellent - by the number more than one!
mastersmit
Message#47
09.07.16, 07:56
Krutyak
[offline]

Messages 5623
ZTE Nubia Z17 6 GB RAM

* ProgramZistor,
It is impossible from two. Even if you set 5000. Though you can quietly release the clutch, the speed decreases down to 0.

--------------------
Nuclear/Nuclear world
mihail_13
Message#48
09.07.16, 08:40
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

Ah, it came) start only from 7000 rpm: rofl: less - stalls .. do not have enough air? : D

About the management of the ProgramZan box, I have already told better than me, I will not repeat. And when starting at 7000 revolutions in your cabin and within a radius of 50 meters around you will stink and you will have to change the clutch a couple of times a year. But there are no penalty points for this exam. And how to portray the smell on the android, I have not yet invented (not to offer to shoot the android - a simulator - it is in order to learn without loss)

On my "android" buses seem to be normal. But on top - not very.

Yes, this is very bad news. Back obviously climbed through the roof. Probably the muzzle in the mirrors does not disappear, but is blocked by other parts. Apparently all the same is not the correct sequence of output polygons. And here it is not in the mirrors. For this camera, the mirrors are not calculated at all.
What kind of ambush is that ?!

I inform about one more bug: I drove into the bus! And then other buses drove into this bus.

How did you manage to do this? It seems that there was a head-on collision. Is it really true?
I tried to “drive through” parked buses - collision was always fixed. And the moving ones I could not catch up and I calmed down on that. It didn’t occur to me to go head-on, it will flatten me ...
A car for any accident stops here immediately (to avoid technical problems, it’s stopped where you can’t drive and therefore you can’t leave). And the buses really slow down to zero speed. Since the application involves learning and not crashing buses, they do not become deformed if the distance is less than the stopping distance occurs.
But the fact that you entered the bus and not he in you is definitely a bug, I will rule (this is easier inverted polygons).

This is how the control looks on a small screen.

Since the working stroke (from touching the discs to full compression) of the clutch pedal on all machines (except nexia) is 8-10 mm, it had to be done the same on all devices. Since its location in the general pedal course, a rather random pedal stroke on all devices also had to be made the same (in millimeters). The length of the scroller for the steering is also desirable, the same - and with a shorter and longer it will be more difficult to drive (either on bends or on a straight line). Therefore, the controls have the same size (in millimeters) on all types of screens (at least it should be so) except screens less than 5 "where you have to do smaller because it just does not fit into the screen.
At the same time, on small ones, management seems huge and everything is blocking, on large ones everything is compressed into one place and very compact, although the space on the screen is a carriage. Both are bad, but there is no good idea.

But CPS is very upset. (The latest version is more optimized, but there buses still go and slow down even more)
mihail_13
Message#49
09.07.16, 08:49
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

It is impossible from two. Even if you set 5000. Though you can quietly release the clutch, the speed decreases down to 0.

Approximately 1200 are recommended on the road, on the overpass 2000-3000.
Release the clutch to the touch (the speed starts to fall, and the real car starts to shake harder, I don’t know how to simulate the second), then gently let go until the start of the movement, hold the clutch at that place until the car starts to go and smoothly and then completely clutch.
(on the overpass, the starting technique is different)

I tried to implement the physics of the manual gearbox as precisely as possible, since this problem (called “throwing a clutch”) arises for the majority of those who start learning to drive a car (many people stall at the exam not once, but there are penalty points for it). It was possible or not necessary to ask an experienced driver, and friends have long ride on the machine.

Post has been editedmihail_13 - 09.07.16, 08:54
ProgramZistor
Message#50
09.07.16, 09:02
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

Mihail_13 @ 07/09/2016 08:40*
It seems that there was a head-on collision
Yes, it was a head-on collision. Other buses continued to go! One also got stuck, the rest drove by. Probably, you can now capture video from a running application and send it to you. Where? I can lay out on Yandex disk.
And how to portray the smell on the android, I have not yet invented
You can nadymit as it should. But, I'm afraid, it will slow down everything. Is it really such a bad engine?
Apparently all the same is not the correct sequence of output polygons.
Make all polygons and normals face out in the model editor. Then try to turn on
DefaultShader.defaultCullFace = any integer;
If the bus triangles do not disappear - then the order is normal.
And then - a crutch: sorting buses, with frequent switching materials. But I don’t know how to sort buses in LibGDX. And, I'm afraid, everything will finally slow down from switching materials.
And it seems that LibGDX is made for 2D. What is there to slow down - just move the box!

Post has been editedProgramZistor - 09.07.16, 09:03

--------------------
mihail_13
Message#51
09.07.16, 10:00
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

Yes, it was a head-on collision. Other buses continued to go! One also got stuck, the rest drove by. Perhaps you can now make a video capture.

When I wrote this application, I realized that without real I couldn’t do it properly and it turned out that I tested and went to the exam in the same period and for me it was like the same thing. It didn’t occur to me to go head-on to the bus — I’m not a kamikaze. But this is a simulator, so I can repeat it myself (this problem in my code looks the same everywhere - it will be cured).

You can nadymit as it should. But, I'm afraid, it will slow down everything. Is it really such a bad engine?

Smoke will interfere with seeing everything, and there is only a smell, everything is visible, but it is impossible to breathe.
They write that libgdx is faster than unity, I probably still have a lot of errors in the organization of the scene, therefore it slows down, but 12 is absolutely terrible.
How much should be on S3 to be sure that everyone will be tolerated?

Make all polygons and normals face out in the model editor. Then try to turn on

In the latest version (which is posted on this topic), the buses are made from Box. The bottom edge is removed, one texture is stretched on the others.
(in the previous version it was not so, one face was turned over and there was a separate texture for each face, but it slowed down more)

If the bus triangles do not disappear - then the order is normal.

If I don’t do it, the car’s roof flies, and if I’m doing it, the muzzles fall off on the desktop by the buses

And then - a crutch: sorting buses, with frequent switching materials. But I don’t know how to sort buses in LibGDX. And, I'm afraid, everything will finally slow down from switching materials.

It is easy to sort, and judging by the tests, the switching of the material is done at any node change and even more so the model, regardless of whether the materials are different or identical and there are textures in them or not, therefore the buses now alternate random order because ordering is useless).

And it seems that LibGDX is made for 2D. What is there to slow down - just move the box!

It seems to be for the one and for the other, but most people use it only for 2d. (I have the first part 2d, the second and third 3d + 2d)
ProgramZistor
Message#52
09.07.16, 10:39
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

Mihail_13 @ 07/09/2016 10:00*
switching material is done with any change of node
Then it's a disaster, not an engine!
so buses and now alternate
On my computer, yellow mobile buses after gray mobiles are drawn.
If I don’t do it, the car’s roof flies, and if I’m doing it, the muzzles fall off on the desktop by the buses
So standard boxing is so bad?
I probably still have a lot of mistakes in the organization of the scene
And in my opinion, not you.
Write that libgdx is faster than unity
Well, what can I say after studying the facts: lie!
My games made on Unity work. Here is this gameSurvive and not to forgeteven with a flashlight more than 20 FPS gives.
Another game goes:Tank Exist - welcome to open beta test!
True, not all. Some of the stalker ports slow down.

--------------------
mihail_13
Message#53
09.07.16, 11:19
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

On my computer, yellow mobile buses after gray mobiles are drawn.

The color of the bus is set randomly and changes many times, and they are always displayed according to the list, if all the same colors are displayed first and then all of the other, then libgdx still sorts them, although I was told that this could not be and I could not see it.

So standard boxing is so bad?

A standard box is just six rectangular polygons on eight vertices - what could be wrong there?
If you make each polygon separately, it will slow down more.

And in my opinion, not you.

Maybe, but the first version of the city gave 2 frames per second (then there was only an "empty city"), now it is 25 "with moving vehicles"
I watched three driving simulators (but everything is on unity and it looks like one engine) - they have no mirrors, no traffic lights, and there are no more than 2-3 non-static objects in the frame (except the car itself). This is what I have now (mirrors is understandable very strongly) continues to put pressure on cps. I do not know how to measure cps in someone else's application, but it’s not 30 either, abuts and 10 (but it’s possible to deceive the eye).
ProgramZistor
Message#54
09.07.16, 12:31
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

Mihail_13 @ 07/09/2016, 11:19*
six rectangular polygons on eight vertices - what could be bad there?
Apparently, some polygons are turned inside out, and are not drawn when turning on "backface culling" - that is, cutting off the back side.
As far as I understand, in all games "backface culling" is used - this allows not to draw the opposite side - half of the same box.

--------------------
mihail_13
Message#55
09.07.16, 12:37
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

Looked on a larger scale. All the same, the muzzles do not fall off, and the back and the far side walls are drawn on top of them, and depending on the distance to the bus, it (the muzzle) can be considered all the farther, it can be all closer, or it can cross them (then it partially closes) This is not a polygons output error. Those. the depth buffer seems to work, but somehow very strange.

Attached Image

The muzzle covers part of the back side (as well as the ceiling and the road), the back side covers part of the muzzle

But libgdx itself, instead of openGL, can figure out which part of the polygon will be visible, and which will not?

Post has been editedmihail_13 - 09.07.16, 13:16
Reason for editing: added picture
mihail_13
Message#56
09.07.16, 12:44
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

DefaultShader.defaultCullFace = any integer;

in libgdx prohibits
reverse side clipping.

(regardless of what is written in the documentation)

As far as I understand, in all games "backface culling" is used - this allows not to draw the opposite side - half of the same box.

Tests show that it does not affect cps at all.

Post has been editedmihail_13 - 09.07.16, 12:46
ProgramZistor
Message#57
09.07.16, 13:21
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

About the bus guessing.
buses made from Box
Is this box of 3d max or libgdx? If from libgdx, then try to do it in a 3d editor.

--------------------
mihail_13
Message#58
09.07.16, 13:27
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

Is this box of 3d max or libgdx? If from libgdx, then try to do it in a 3d editor.

Everything up to the individual rectangular polygons is done in 3ds max, in libgdx / openGL I myself and I will not draw one vertex.
(I can show but the .max .fbx files do not appear here)
mastersmit
Message#59
09.07.16, 15:00
Krutyak
[offline]

Messages 5623
ZTE Nubia Z17 6 GB RAM

* mihail_13,
Naturally it was not possible to implement the mechanics) not to bring up to 7000 turns so as not to stall)
And the recommendation in 1200 is a somewhat wrong recommendation. In any case, it is necessary to bring in momentum more, then yes, the momentum drops a bit and goes .. I traveled a few years on the mechanics (Nissan laurel spirit, 2 buses Toyota town ace of different years, Nissan primera), I passed the exams on the fifth model tin (with a buggy clutch). Now CVT and finally do not care))

--------------------
Nuclear/Nuclear world
mihail_13
Message#60
09.07.16, 15:24
Guru
[online]

Messages 2155

I traveled a few years on the mechanics

Apparently it was a long time ago, now on Logan and from a place you won't move without 7000.
Here on the site there are demos showing how you need to do the exercises.
You can look at the tachometer there - no 7000 is required. The platform (except for the overpass) is generally done almost without gas or completely at idle (different cars come across).

And the principle of the variator is to accelerate the speed first, and then the car and from the traffic light it goes slower than all the other boxes - here the owners of the variators and press the gas to the floor.
mastersmit
Message#61
09.07.16, 16:18
Krutyak
[offline]

Messages 5623
ZTE Nubia Z17 6 GB RAM

Mihail_13 @ 07/09/2016, 10:24*
slower than all the other boxes

Actually, faster than a classic automat. Almost on par with conventional mechanics ..

Post has been editedmastersmit - 09.07.16, 16:18

--------------------
Nuclear/Nuclear world

25 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 20.05.19, 08:35