> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

RoverPad Sky Q8 3G - Discussion | Tablet, 8.0 "

Rep: (2)
DiscussionRoverPad Sky Q8 3G
PictureRoverPad Sky Q8 3G
Discussion пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications
  • Iron: 4 core Cortex-A7, Mali-400
  • Memory: RAM 1 GB, ROM 8 GB, Micro-SD up to 32 GB
  • Battery: Li-Ion, 4000 mAh
  • Weight: 350 g
  • Dimensions: 207.4 x 123.5 x 9.8 mm
  • Photo: 2 MP, flash, no autofocus
  • frontal: 0.3 MP
  • Music: MP3 player, 3.5 mm audio output
  • Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
  • Navigation: GPS, A-GPS
Firmware
useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 12.01.18, 13:41
Reason for editing: Getting Root on Roverpad Sky Q8 3G

I bought one of these days this unit. For reading and surfing the internet is optimal. Good screen, the resolution rules, IPS, low price. There is only fly in the ointment - on a bright background can be seen lit up at the display matrix (lower right if the tablet is held horizontally, the volume rocker up). On a dark background, and any other color is not visible. On a light background - dull spot of 1.5 mm. If it presses on the inside of the matrix. Lightly press down on the cover with the back side of the stain reacts, but does not disappear. If you keep Planche vertically, the defect is not visible. But annoying point is still present. Redeliver or treat? Any idea? We observed similar in their copy?

Rep: (802)
M
Topic moved to subsectionRoverpad

Rep: (0)
I took it for work, I only use it for a day. The speaker is rubbish, you can’t hear anything at all.

Rep: (5)
Also yesterday I bought a replacement Asus 176CX. In general, for 4.5 tr - very good - speed, battery, screen resolution, wi-fi is excellent, even the assembly is decent. Of the minuses, I immediately see that the rough glass of the screen, fingers and micro-scratches are inevitable.
The actual question is which cover to buy? Universal under 8 'do not inspire confidence - fall out of the holders. On Ali, there is nothing for this particular model yet.

Rep: (3)
I plan to buy this tablet, what should I pay attention to? And who has already bought how he is at work, there are jambs?

Gold bought yesterday. Works quickly, smooth interface, the screen is good - the main advantage (mainly due to him and bought, yes, dull speck barely noticeable is, as they say above, but if you do not look closely - unnoticed, only visible on a white background, and at certain angles). Rough screen, swipe unpleasant - once the protective film should be to glue. Housing no backlash, the assembly is good, with one hand, like a telephone - the minimum scope of the left and right allow. The biggest drawback - a little free memory to install applications. The inner disk is divided into 2 sections, and on the system was about 400MB total available. Part of the problem is solved rutovaniem devaysa (KingRoot), transport (app2sd) applications on the 2nd section and removing unnecessary. But still there is little space, very little. The trouble here ... Cameras for show - slag. Speaker sound - like a Chinese receiver placed in a pail - edge, disgusting and poorly understood speech (headphones are OK). good battery. GPS is not checked. WI-FI is great. .. And yes, there's even an FM radio has what is))) Software Glitches noticed. Interface is translated partially.

Bottom line: suitable for web surfing, watching movies and as a reader.

Measured battery loss
For 10 hours of sleep mode - 1%, excellent result!

Good day. Share the firmware for this device, on the site the link is broken.

Rep: (1)
alex_mak26, download from the official, already repaired.
========
The question is everyone, yesterday this device was ruled by KingRoot, as it was written above, if I am now flashing with the new firmware - will all applications be deleted and will I need to root the tablet again later?

Zed79 @ 07/11/2016, 17:33*
Yesterday this device was ruled by KingRoot

Lucky? Then there were no problems?
Give, plz, a link to the instructions.
Zed79 @ 07/11/2016, 17:33*
if I am now flashing with new firmware - will all applications be deleted and will it be necessary to root the tablet again later

In theory, first you need to remove the root, in order to avoid, just in case.
From the experience of owning Asus 176РЎРҐ - with each flashing everything is restored, including Remote and frozen applications + need a repeated root.

Post has been editedeko456 - 12.07.16, 13:38
Reason for editing: corrected

eko456 yes without instructions above sevg81 wrote that he ruled KingRoot'om, went to https://kingroot.net, downloaded the application for Windows. Installed. In the tablet I turned on "USB debugging", of course the tablet was connected to the computer. I started the program and clicked on the buttons :-) The program still downloaded something. The program interface is Chinese, so just click on a single button :-) Then the tablet rebooted ... and then there was also one button "Try" - clicked. On the computer, the Chinese program issued one of 2 options, such as downloading 2 programs of 3-4 MB, I did not choose anything here, I just closed it.
Then I downloaded app2sd and broke the flash drive into 2 sections. It rebooted several times so that the tablet sees the ext section.

How to flash it? I downloaded the firmware from the site site, there are 2 files in the .img archive, this device is on mtk i.e. Through the flashlight in any way.
Through recovery, the archive writes installation aborted, without the archive the files cannot be seen. Thank you in advance.

Gentlemen, it would be necessary to cooperate somehow so that the instruction / recipe onre-layoutwork out.

I successfully received the root without dancing with a tambourine, just installing the latest Kingroot under Android :). Additionally checked SDmaid ohm, there is full access to deletion, freezing, etc.

The screen is rough due to the matte film, if that)
it’s factory there, in addition to information, it just somehow quickly put a scratch on the screen, and only then saw that it was a film

Throw the instructions for re-partitioning, with such a memory capacity it is very sad: with
And so a solid workhorse, something to see / surf in the Internet - that's it. The display sometimes flickers, which is a little annoying, but there are no specks or broken pixels, so it's bearable.
There is still a spare film glued, from the lower corners you can pry.

Rep: (4)
Akirachi @ 07/18/2016, 07:40*
There is still a spare film glued, from the lower corners you can pry.

And under the film, what, glass or plastic is unknown? Judging by the weight, plastic.

* MobiDick
it looks like plastic, but the film on the screen is just disgusting, a day later there are already a lot of scuffs and small scratches, although on the strength it carried one hour in a case with a clean sheet of paper: scratch_one-s_head:

How to flash it? I downloaded the firmware from the site site, there are 2 files in the .img archive, this device is on mtk i.e. Through the flashlight in any way.

Yes, I'm shocked myself. There lies the firmware for some device on the rk30xx chip. Now it’s in a complete dead end, since while experimenting with the root and the “link” of applications, I managed to send google play services. A bug happened, now the market does not work normally, you can’t really install applications. I do not know what to do. Maybe someone kind will share apk-shniki from the native firmware, try to palm off and help? Since the officials have some slag instead of normal firmware.

If anyone is interested. The battery is soldered, marked 4000mah
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 20.07.16, 15:52
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/09/19, 19:33