> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

2525 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Samsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.8 "/ 6.2"
bullik01
Message#1
15.06.16, 21:13
Teamsavagemessiahzine.com
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 6838
Check in: 31.07.12
Oneplus 5T 8/128

DiscussionSamsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus
PictureSM-G950F / SM-G955F
Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion | Official S8 firmware | Official firmware S8 + | Unofficial firmware S8 | Unofficial firmware S8 + | Purchase | S8 Accessories | Accessories S8 + | Marriage and Repair | Camera talk | Owners Club | power usage | Modifications and decorations | Operator versions | Additional topics | Music Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus

Specifications
Size S8:148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm, 155 g
S8 + size:159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173 g
Screen:Infinity Display 5.8 "/ 6.2" 2960x1440 (Quad HD +), 18: 9, curved Super AMOLED, 3D glass. S8: 570 ppi; S8 +: 529 ppi
CPU:Exynos 8895 or Snapdragon 835 (8 cores), 10 nm; Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor / Octa-core (2.35GHz Quad + 1.9GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor
DAC:Cirrus Logic CS43130 for Exynos version, and Aqstic WCD9341 for the Snapdragon version (see under spoiler in Additional Information)
Graphic Accelerator:Mali-G71 or Adreno 540
Memory:4GB RAM (LPDDR4)
Built-in memory:64GB (UFS 2.1).
Camera:Dual Pixel 12MP AF, OIS (Optical Stabilization), F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.4µm, Sensor size: 1 / 2.55 ", FOV: 77, Maximum zoom: 8x (digital), PRO mode (manual settings), Panorama , Slow motion, Hyperlapse, Food mode, save to RAW.
Front-camera:8MP AF, F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.22 µm, Sensor size: 1 / 3.6 ", FOV: 80, wide-angle selfie.
Video Recording:4K video recording at 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabilization), Digital zoom 8x, High CRI LED Flash, Slow Motion support for 720p video at 240 fps, Hyper-light video with stabilization, Video Continuous autofocus, Face detection, Autofocus tracking, 9 megapixel photos while shooting 4K video, Tags in the video location.
Audio:UHQ 32-bit & DSD support, PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64 / 128,
Battery:3000/3500 mAh
Network:LTE Cat.16
Wireless network:Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 / 5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM
Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT +, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)

Expandable Memory and SIM Card:Single SIM mode: one nano SIM and one microSD card (up to 256GB)
Dual SIM mode (Hybrid SIM slot): one nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD card.

Connectors:USB Type-C and 3.5mm output
Sensors:light sensor, proximity, IR-LED-indicator, iris scanner
Additional features:Bixby voice assistant, IP68 water and dust protection, iris scanner, data protection using Samsung Knox, support for Samsung Pay payment system, wireless charging, AKG tuned headphones
Additional Information
The first flagship without a physical button "Home"

Screen:
Only the virtual button "Home" at the bottom of the screen will be sensitive to the force of pressing.

Interface:
The updated design, which has undergone a simplified interface, is styled as an elongated display.

Voice Assistant:
Bixby will first appear in the Galaxy S8. Through the voice assistant user can manage all operations associated with the interface of the smartphone.

CPU:
The United States, China and Japan will receive a Snapdragon 835, all others - Exynos.

RAM:
4GB for everyone, 6GB for South Korea.

Color Options:
In total there will be 7 color options:the black, blue, pink, gold, silverandpurple.

Scanners:
Fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, face recognition function in 0.01 second.
Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Additional photos
Reviews, videos, tests
Applications / Wallpapers
Additional Information
All information about the DAC: https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs43130/ (thanks to SW. Woglinde)
Galaxy S8 does not support Google Daydream. A source:Samsung Galaxy S8 does not support Google Daydream
Power Adapter from S8:Voltage: 100 ~ 240V, 50 ~ 60Hz / Output: DC 9V, 1.67A or DC 5V, 2A
Model numbers and their belonging to regions and operators: link, thanks uv.maxperevod
Useful
Samsung official website
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 + User Manual (pdf)
Service codes
A lot of useful information about the device: Phone-info | AIDA64
Call recording without root: CallrecorderorACR
Reassigning the Bixby Button - bxActions - Remap Bixby button | Samsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus - Discussion (Post t4547 # 60961267)
BxActions work correctlymanual on setting fromElsobako
Reduce the size of the navigation bar
How to hide the lower navigation bar (opens with a swipe up)
Lock the label on the screen
Manual for regional unlock using a SIM cardfrom useralex735
Detailed instructions on regional unlocking using simtravel tourist sim cardfromLutkarma
Instructions for regional unlocking without a SIM cardfrom userKalych
How to make wipe cache
How to enable 4G mode onlyand furtherthe way
How to transfer data from IPhone to Galaxy S8 | Another way to transfer data from IPhone to Galaxy S8
Samsung pay mobile payment service
Help in finding programs for Android OS- if you are looking for some program on your phone.
Package Disabler Pro [Samsung] | Package Disabler Pro- disabling programswithout root(does NOT work with root).use CAUTION - there may be problems that can only be solved by flashing clean
Disable programs without root
How to beat the false positives in your pocket bag
Guglozvilke step by step instructions
Option to deal with a pink screen
Bixby and bxaction observation and addition
Turning off the program Reminder
If you accidentally delete the desired contact
How to find out the date of production of the phone
What do the CSC xxx / xxx / xxx values ​​mean?
The solution to the crooked transfer of words under the icons in Tachwiz
Instructions for quick and easy installation of bxActions
If nothing is installed from the market, hangs waiting for download
Backup and Restore Method with almost full backupfromall4happy
Managing gestures with the removal of the navigation panel without root`a
Regional unlock methodfromGongofer2000
Gesture control WITHOUT RUTA
Voting results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attention:Dear users, the topic is cleaned daily from flooding and offtopic.

For questions about filling the caps contact the Curator of the topic.sinner ™in QMS

Post has been editedKUGGA - 11.03.19, 13:00
Reason for editing: Android 9 PIE FAQ
SandrBAS
Message#2
15.06.16, 21:55
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1439
Check in: 06.06.11
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

K
Technical post

Post has been editedvladseverrr - 23.09.17, 11:54

--------------------
In the end, what's the difference, whose phone shoots better if everyone in general removes shit? © sokich
bullik01
Message#3
15.06.16, 22:09
[offline]

Messages 6838
Oneplus 5T 8/128

* SandrBAS,The source states that microSD can be inserted exactly 2 pieces, i.e. The slot (as I understand it) is separate from the slot with SIM-cards / card: blush:

Post has been editedbullik01 - 15.06.16, 22:10

--------------------
Weblok
Message#4
25.09.16, 01:02
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 807
Check in: 16.10.11
Apple iPhone X

* elektrokot777,
Won lg c g5 pre-experimented, g5 has failed sales, such that even v20 is launched only in Korea, it seems that the top manufacturers decided to dance on rakes of experiments. And samsa in general would sit below the grass, with a note of 7, they spoiled their reputation.

--------------------
Well, you are cunning people, Azhn aback takes!
Anyone else thinks a freak, Despite the fact that he is a freak.
Gnomeblack
Message#5
25.09.16, 01:10
[offline]

Messages 6488
Check in: 04.05.06
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL 4/128

I was going to take Note 7. On the day when I decided to issue a pre-order, I bore the Nosimo site (our official Samsung store), and the pre-order did not go through. A couple of days later, they began to inflate the hype with fires. I didn't give a damn about it, but even with my attitude, the reliability of the device is a bit dampened, and I don’t really like devices that are a little more unreliable than all the others. I also looked at the new iPhone - also while in thought, mainly because of the jack ("there was a place for the jack" (c) :-D). I looked at the S8 renderings - I think that there is, perhaps, a reason to wait for it. Note Edge is not asking for a dump, which means there is time.

Post has been editedGnomeblack - 25.09.16, 01:11
mpv77
Message#6
26.09.16, 19:31
User
[offline]

Messages 57
Check in: 23.07.05

Yeah ... Note7 wet pants, unfortunately .... there is no sense to take.
Wait for s8 ... hope that they would be thrown out on the counters earlier so as not to lose sales ...
Obviously Aplovo sabotage with the battery .... because the State Department financed their startup for nothing.
And when the war is clearly lost - all means are good!

--------------------
SUMMER - BIKER, WINTER ALSO
Gnomeblack
Message#7
26.09.16, 19:35
[offline]

Messages 6488

Mpv77 @ 09/26/2016, 19:31*
Appello sabotage with battery

Hardly. Rather, it is an internal disassembly Samsung. Someone needs to hook someone. Of course, no one needs to ruin the company, for what is the use of it then.

However, the tarnished reliability of Note 7 will play a role. And some will wait just for the S8. I, too, in principle, is tuned to this, because I still have the size of the role plays - huge phones are a little tired.
mpv77
Message#8
26.09.16, 19:53
User
[offline]

Messages 57

I’m generally attending to the idea of ​​taking an iphone se ... 2 pieces ... and as before .... to wrap them with an elastic band and voila (this is how I went for a couple of weeks with 4) :-)
.... if you could work with files like in a bucket ... then you would.
Or I "do not know how to cook them)))"

Post has been editedmpv77 - 26.09.16, 19:55

--------------------
bullik01
Message#9
28.09.16, 16:21
[offline]

Messages 6838
Oneplus 5T 8/128

* mpv77,as an option, you can search for more good smartphones among lesser-known brands ... I think there will be some decent devices (without a retina scanner :() ...

--------------------
mpv77
Message#10
29.09.16, 06:21
User
[offline]

Messages 57

Unfortunately, there are only 2 options ... Murtazin in the video comparison of galaxies of the 7th series with a little remnant said the fix thing: the flagship is now only two Samsung and Apple .... the rest is compromises.
I will wait for Galaxy 8 or whatever they call it, not7 completely screwed up ((

--------------------
M3n5on
Message#11
30.09.16, 10:55
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 18.01.13
Apple iPhone SE

Most flooding here, do not even think to buy it. But wash the bones, the phone which is not yet, yes! This is in our:savagemessiahzine.com:
Gnomeblack
Message#12
30.09.16, 11:35
[offline]

Messages 6488

do not even think to buy it

His is who? I think, or Note 7 to take, or S8 to wait. It depends mainly on the size of the phone I would like more in the next two months.

Post has been editedGnomeblack - 01.10.16, 02:27
Schenix
Message#13
30.09.16, 23:12
Cat
[offline]

Messages 1221
Check in: 17.09.15
Huawei P Smart (2019)

* M3n5on, even better, this is when for 3 years of being on the forum 3 not very useful posts, of which only one carries the meaning.

Posted on 09/30/2016, 23:15:

GnomeBlack @ 09/30/16, 11:35*
Note 7

Right now there are stories on the Internet that they love to explode. Some kind of battery fault.
Vesti.RU
Samsung recommends that users urgently turn off their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones and exchange them for new ones for free. The reason for the recall was the possible explosion of the battery in new devices. Sales of the new model started on August 19, but in Russia it was postponed until September 16.

As stated on the manufacturer’s official website, the company's priority is customer safety. Sales of gadgets with defects stopped

Post has been editednosastik2015 - 30.09.16, 23:20

--------------------
Let the darkness lead us into the light
Gnomeblack
Message#14
01.10.16, 00:21
[offline]

Messages 6488

there are stories

On that they and stories to walk everywhere;)
mocap
Message#15
06.10.16, 09:54
User
[offline]

Messages 65
Check in: 27.02.12
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

If before that I was sure that I would not take the S8 at 100%, now I am sure of it at 200%. And do not think that we are talking about banal problems with a supposedly exploding battery. This problem is less worried about me ...

- 4K display will put the battery at 40-45%, that is, almost half of the charge will go blank on the on screen.
- lack of 3.5 connector. I do not see the usb3 headphone shaft. Maybe at the beginning of next year they will appear ... at a bad price ... with a bad frequency range ... from some kind of left compass ... to aliexpress Dont need it, thanks. Early samsung, early! Although the situation is better than that of Apple with their proprietary connector. Hi sony ericsson walkman, I miss your crammed audio connector so much! (not)
- small technical progress. In my case, there was a transition from galaxy s2 to s7 right away. S7 transition>S8 will not be accompanied by any wau effect
- the price will certainly be too high
- there was a rumor that the S8 would only be an edge version, but most likely only a rumor

S7 is probably the last smart from Samsung (for me, esessno). Sorry, my favorite company.

Post has been editedmocap - 06.10.16, 11:14
KPOCAB4EG
Message#16
07.10.16, 00:32
삼성
[offline]

Messages 3663
Check in: 27.04.09
Apple iPhone Xs

Festt4t @ 10.10.2016, 00:16*
it would be better to return to PowerVR

PowerVR bought by eple, therefore left)

and will not overtake andreno, because Mali now surpasses andreno on rough performance (on technical specifications), on paper, in the matter of this, a gap of 2-2.5 times in favor of andreno, and on paper everything is okay, parity: D

--------------------
Samsung Omnia ->Samsung Galaxy S ->Apple iPhone 4S ->HTC One X ->Samsung Galaxy S3 ->Samsung Galaxy S4 ->Apple iPhone 5S ->Apple iPhone 6 ->Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge ->Samsung Galaxy S7 ->Samsung Galaxy S8 ->Apple iPhone X ->Apple iPhone XS
ELEKTPOKOT
Message#17
09.10.16, 20:40
Exuberant.
[offline]

Messages 4845
Check in: 13.02.13

Kapets. It’s not enough for 3.5, they have encroached upon the holy! On the button - "Home".

The presentation of Samsung's flagship smartphones traditionally takes place at the beginning of the months, but rumors have already begun to appear on the Internet about what to expect from the new Galaxy S8. According to some reports, the Home button will disappear in the device, and the fingerprint scanner will be built directly into the display itself. Moreover, the screen will occupy the entire front surface and will be bent not only on the sides, as in the models of the Edge line, but also on the top and bottom. Everything else, Galaxy S8 will be the first smartphone company with a dual camera. Now it has become known when it is worth waiting for the presentation of the novelty. Insider Ricciolo posted on Twitter a teaser for the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event, which will be held on February 26 as part of the MWC 2017 exhibition in Barcelona.
On the teaser, we can see the eye with the number "8" in the pupil. This can be a confirmation that the new flagship will be called the Galaxy S8, and may also indicate the presence of an iris scanner, as in the Galaxy Note 7. There is also information that the Galaxy S8 will use the new Exynos 8895 processor with the Mali- G71. It is likely that it was he who scored more than 200,000 points in the AnTuTu benchmark.

Date set for Samsung Galaxy S8 dual camera announcement
A number of publications spread the information that the flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 will be presented on February 26, 2017, the day before the MWC 2017 exhibition. At the same time, the Korea Herald published a short article in which journalists reiterated the disappearance of the physical button "and integrating a fingerprint scanner with a device display. It is alleged that the Galaxy S8 will be the most ergonomic device for viewing video.

Suppliers of components for Samsung have received an order for dual camera modules, and the quality of the received images should be as close as possible to that of DSLR cameras. Unfortunately, the exact supplier of the modules is not disclosed. But it became known that two versions of the smartphone will reappear on the market, depending on the processor used inside - Exynos 8895 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 830. Both chips will be manufactured by the company itself using a 10-nm process technology. According to rumors, the Exynos 8895 will be overclocked to 3 GHz, and the graphic platform will become more productive than the previous one by 70%.

Post has been editedelektrokot777 - 12.10.16, 07:34

--------------------
~ºº~Russian🍝Pastafarian🍺Church
MKway13
Message#18
20.10.16, 14:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 110
Check in: 18.11.13
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) SM-A720F / DS

Samsung managed to create the first mobile memory module LPDDR4 at 8 GB. Based on this statement, we can assume that the next flagship of the company, the Galaxy S8, will receive 8 GB of RAM, a dual camera and a 4K display, which has been repeatedly confirmed by various sources.Samsung managed to create the first mobile memory module LPDDR4 of 8 GB
SandrBAS
Message#19
20.10.16, 16:01
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1439
Check in: 06.06.11
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

* MKway13,
Managed to create, it still does not mean managed to put into mass production. Well if to s9 nashtampuyut.
Another 6GB is not covered)

--------------------
In the end, what's the difference, whose phone shoots better if everyone in general removes shit? © sokich
tega28
Message#20
25.10.16, 09:51
GMT +10
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 300
Check in: 08.07.12
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

Here is a twist: sveta:
The fiasco with exploding Galaxy Note 7 could shift the Galaxy S8's output - the company’s management suspended the development of a new flagship for two weeks and redirected all engineers to search for the causes of mass fires in the withdrawn from the market. This information was shared with The Wall Street Journal by one of the team members working on the novelty. Earlier, Samsung said they didn’t know what caused the Note 7 fires. Until now, the research team could not simulate a situation in which the Galaxy Note 7 laboratory could “self-ignite”. At the moment, the search for the causes of fire is the number one priority for the company, so until they are found, the work on the Galaxy S8 can go to the background. Such meticulousness will allow the manufacturer to avoid new problems that could be fatal for the mobile unit.

--------------------
SGS6 SGS7 SGS8
I am a kettle with a samovar ambition!
Gnomeblack
Message#21
25.10.16, 10:25
[offline]

Messages 6488

A new wave of reprinting links to sources that have nothing to do with the official press service of Samsung has been launched. Let's take the S8 together through joint efforts.

2525 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 20:59