> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the game, please report it to the moderator by clicking on the "Complaint" button on your message.

16 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Emulator DOSBox | [Other] Windows Phone port x86 processor emulator
sensboston
Message#1
10.06.16, 19:12
Guru
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 4606
Check in: 01.03.10
Samsung Galaxy S9 Snapdragon

Attached Image

�������� DOSBox download

Version: 1.6.4
Genre:Other

Last update of the game in the header:25.03.2017

Screenshots:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
I decided to publish this "pre-development" (the program was written about six months ago, but for certain circumstances, bringing it to mind) was postponed for an indefinite period), since the current state of the application is quite workable and can be useful to fans of old games, and just fans not quite normal things on your Windows Phone (for Android and iOS, this emulator has long been ported).

So, I present you the DOSBox x86 x86 emulator. You can find out more about what it is and what you eat it with.offsite; In short, I’ll say that this emulator will allow you to run old games (and not only) for DOS on your phone, some even playable at the same time :)

Old classic quests from Sierra work well; Wolf for DOS is also playable. HMM, unfortunately, hangs in the game - why, I have not figured it out yet. I also managed to run Windows 3.1 on the phone (an unforgettable sight!), However, a BT mouse is highly desirable for convenient operation (due to the characteristics of the mouse operation under Win31, emulation via touch-screen does not work quite well).

The performance of the emulator on the "top" phones is quite acceptable, and is comparable to the performance of the Pentium from the middle of the "wild nineties", but the emulator should also work on the "budget" WP models (although emulating x86 commands on ARM is not a quick deal) but there may be problems with sound.

How to use the emulator:
  • install the application
  • connect to phone to pc
  • create a folderdosbox (or with any other name) "on the body" or on the SD card (for 10, you can also create a folder in the root folder; for WP8.1 inside any accessible one)
  • start the application, select and connect a folder, synchronize (when connected, synchronization will take place automatically; when adding new applications, you need to synchronize manually).
Note: however, you can do without a PC to download and unpack archives with old DOS games. I would recommend to use the "Total Commander" application for unpacking - very convenient!

Starting with release 1.5.0, a new mouse mode has been added, relative mode. How, in theory, they should work:
Absolute mouse mode : just emulate the touchscreen, i.e. where "stuck", the mouse cursor moved there, and the left button was pressed. Surprisingly, this mode works quite well for many old DOS games, as well as for programs in text mode (Volkov Commander is quite convenient to use, as well as in the old quests from Sierra).
Relative mouse mode: A new mode in which the phone screen is trying to act as a "standard" touch pad of a laptop. To move the cursor, press your finger somewhere on the screen, and start moving (without taking it away from the screen) - the mouse cursor should move relative to our movement, starting from its starting point. Sometimes you may need to “calibrate the touchpad” - move your finger to the top of the screen to be able to use the entire screen. I know where this "feature" is in the code, but I haven’t yet come up with a beautiful workaround to avoid it. For a mouse click with the left mouse button, we make an ordinary tap, for a double click with the left button - double tap. To emulate a click with the right mouse button, do hold & release without moving. To emulate movement with the left mouse button pressed, do hold + move around the screen.

I will also advise you to purchase a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard for working with an emulator, so it will be much more convenient. However, the application has a virtual keyboard and an on-screen joystick, and the mouse is emulated via a touchscreen.

Application alsosupports MOGA Bluetooth controllers ; Performance tested with MOGA Mobile, but, in principle, should work with other controllers from this manufacturer.

If some games occurthe problem of moving the mouse cursor (the mouse "does not go" beyond certain boundaries, for example, half of the screen vertically and horizontally), try the following workaround: download and download the Microsoft DOS mouse driver mouse.exe before the game (or even add it to the autoexec section of the configuration file).

Starting with version1.5.3.14 , a new feature appeared in the application - keyboard emulation via a joystick (thanks comrade Solmyr1982 ).
Joystick movements Bindings
↑ NumPad 8 / Up
↗ NumPad 9 / PgUp
→ NumPad 6 / Left
↘ NumPad 3 / PgDn
↓ NumPad 2 / Down
↙ NumPad 1 / End
← NumPad 4 / Left
↖ NumPad 7 / Home
Joystick button bindings
A Enter
B space
X NumPad 5
Y NumPad Ins

The camera button turns on the turbo mode (delays are removed to "slow down" the emulation), sometimes it is very useful (you can change it in the settings).Standard WP-shnaya arrow back, back, scroll to the Esc key.

Here, bye, and all. There will be questions - ask, be sure to answer (and put it in the header). It would also be nice if you shared games that play well on the phone through an emulator (this information will also go to the header).

If you like the app, please check it out by 5 stars and leave a good review.

Have a nice DOS! ;)

Download:
Windows 10 Mobile Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4q6j8
Windows Phone 8.1 Store: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=ab937773-d667-43df-984e-1237fc28e860

Efficiency of some games under the emulator (thanks comrades Gutsdozer , Alexiel62rus and NormanD !):
Old games are good to download here from this site:http://www.myabandonware.comAs a rule, everything is working, without viruses (however, we don’t care) and advertising;)

Prehistorik 2 - the program crashes when you try to start a new game
Field of Miracles: Capital Show - works
Eye of the beholder - works
Veil of Darkness - works
Maniac mansion - works
Day of the tentacle - works
688 attack sub - works
It came from the desert - works, but slowly enough
Dangerous Dave 2 - works
Sam & max - works
Dungeon master - works
Perestroika - it works, it is problematic to play on the onscreen keys, after losing there is no possibility to restart
Need for speed - on the track can not upload.
Carmageddon - does not start at all
Civilization - great, but you need to understand the game)
King - forgot the login and password (((but I think the rules will be
Dune - I tried the floppy version - great, I haven't checked the CD version yet (no time)
UFO and Jagged Alliance The screensavers pass all the rules, did not play any further.
Dungeon master - it is launched, but not playable, the cursor cannot be moved to the control icons
Heroes of Might & Magic - it works normally after running for 3 minutes, then the cursor stops moving.
Heroes of Might & Magic 2 - (DOS-version) -runs, but hangs when you hover over any of the items in the main menu.
Windows 3.11 - established, running, working.
Mordor from under Windows 3.11 - it was established, it works, but very slowly, to drag a finger across the screen all the time is inconvenient, all the game windows do not fit into the screen, it is also inconvenient to move them. With the mouse, I think it would be the norm.
Gobliins - works, there is no possibility to switch the cursor modes, the passage is impossible.
Gobliins 2 - fully playable.
Supaplex - it works, it can be problematic to hit the onscreen keys.
The incredible machine - it starts, but the cursor does not go to the right edge of the screen, passing is impossible.
Colony - starts, the mouse works on 2/3 of the screen. In principle, the game does not interfere, you can choose everything with the keyboard. But then another wish arose, to make arrows like on a numpad, that is, diagonally.
King's bounty - works.
Dune (CD) - dune sit version works.
Maniac Mansion and Day of the tentacle Go great (there are full Russian versions on old-games.ru)
Sherlock (logic game) not playable, there is no right mouse click and half screen does not work.
Dune 2 Rus - works.
SimCity English version works, in Russian error with encoding.
Understood with the coding, it is necessary either to add keyb ru or on the command line or config and then it will be displayed normally.
Space quest vga rus - it goes well.
Dragon Knight 3 rus - you can play, but again the mouse works on a half-screen.
Betrayal at krondor . The graphics are a bit jerky, but it's quite possible to play;)
simulator television studio Mad TV , though at full speed and with sound
Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos - it goes well, but before launching, you need to enter Duxbox "cputype 386" in the command line, otherwise the game crashes after selecting the main character.
Master of Orion - works
Emulating Apple II : see post DOSBox Emulator (Post NormanD # 52028826)
The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall - starts (in the game menu), but when the game starts it crashes.
Another World: - it starts and works, but the problem is small with a joystick, and the keys in this implementation are difficult to play
Flashback: the sound works, the joystick, but the gameplay is an amateur - and under the good old DOS it was very difficult to get through!

Attention! If there are problems with moving the mouse in the game (moving is limited to a quarter of the screen), describe the problem with the indication of the game and with mandatory indication of the executable (.exe) file !
For example, "Master of Orion 2", "orion2.exe"

[APP CHANGES]
  • fixed buttons flickering on Lumia 550/650
  • fixed mouse issues for some games
  • added fixed portrait mode
  • added relative mouse mode
  • fixed weird os bug on copying large (>1GB) files; hard disk images on the emulator!
  • importing / exporting of "dosbox.conf" added
  • fixed bluetooth keyboard support
  • fixed mouse bug for some games in SVGA modes
  • you may check app version on the settings page

Post has been editedsensboston - 26.03.17, 05:03
Reason for editing: application update
asdnick
Message#42
19.06.16, 17:45
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 20.02.16
Microsoft Lumia 535 DS

* sensboston,
still such a problem. I created a DOSBOX folder on the CD, threw the Windows with a batch file, threw heroes, varick and doom. In the course of using, I threw other versions in folders and deleted the old ones, but when you enter the dir, the dosbox shows the old folders. what address to find them and how to delete? hell of a lot of space takes
screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

and one more thing: advise somebody a prog so that you can edit the img image, delete the unnecessary, add what you need and shove it back to the dosbox in the working view

Post has been editedasdnick - 19.06.16, 17:52
sensboston
Message#43
19.06.16, 20:01
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* asdnickcm.DOSBox emulator (Fast sensboston # 50488780)

--------------------
My applications for Windows Phone:
Voice translator | Silver dict | Russian TV
ivanichkin
Message#44
20.06.16, 09:31
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 20.06.16

There is Lumiya 1520 and a bb-keyboard ok pick 840s. In the lyumke she works. How to make it work in DosBox? It is very inconvenient to use the on-screen keyboard. Closes almost the entire game window and cannot see all control keys. A game, for example, sopwith. Thank.

Posted 06/06/2016 09:35:

Did not find how to fix the message. Keyboard - "Ok pick". Hail. How to disable auto text correction? A bit of an idiot did not consider myself. :)
sensboston
Message#45
20.06.16, 18:34
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* ivanichkin"played" a little with the BT keyboard; Yes, there are incomprehensible problems, I will try to fix it in the next update. True, at some point she suddenly earned (it is not clear, however, at what), and worked until the input focus disappeared.

--------------------
AVC ...
Message#46
20.06.16, 22:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13
Check in: 10.02.09

I want to buy a docking station Microsoft HD-500.
Tell me, will the program work in Continuum mode?
sensboston
Message#47
20.06.16, 22:55
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* ivanichkinI fixed the keyboard, now it should work fine (on my works, only the tab has to be pressed twice; I didn’t figure out where the cant was. You, if anything, accomplish your goal later, and in general check how it works - are all keys processed).
I also fixed the mouse, emulation and native (there was an old "cant" left over from my experiments on trying to improve the behavior of the mouse). Now it will be easier in many games, for example, in "Warcraft 2" you can even play with just that - very convenient, and it works, surprisingly, quite acceptable (I just don’t know how to play it: D).

* AVC ...,I can’t say anything about this, I’ve returned my “whistle” back to “Miracast” because of its total uselessness in everyday life. Theoretically, it will work, but not in Continuum, but in the display mirror mode (I didn’t specifically add anything under Continuum, and I don’t have much desire to support WP8.1 plus W10M).

Post has been editedsensboston - 20.06.16, 22:57

--------------------
sensboston
Message#48
21.06.16, 07:25
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

More good news:I managed to fix a melkosoftovsky bug when copying large (>1GB) files (more precisely, write your workaround). As I suspected, copying in parts, through a relatively small buffer (now 256 kilobytes), works perfectly and quickly enough, at least, but my L-950. Perhaps (I have not tested) there may be problems on budget cards (you can try to reduce the buffer size), in this case, please write here. Yes, the new function works only through the "mount images" from the menu, the synchronization of the folders remains unchanged (so mount the hdd images in a regular way).

Another "polished" application: added dosbox.conf export / import, made memorization of the latest disk geometry in the mount dialog, and there is something small in details.

P.S. I tried to play HMM today - it works surprisingly fast and well, quite playable! Eh, I would have shaken the olden time, but where is the free time to take ?!

Post has been editedsensboston - 21.06.16, 08:12

--------------------
Gutsdozer
Message#49
21.06.16, 16:41
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 84
Check in: 17.06.16
Oneplus 3T

After updating to the Lumia 535, the navigation bar (((
sensboston
Message#50
21.06.16, 17:10
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* GutsdozerWhat is the "navigation bar", what does it mean? I'm on the L-950 (W10M), on the budget L-521 and L-635 (WP8.1) everything works fine; L-535 is not available.

P.S. Yes, I want to warn you right away: I don’t consider complaints from "Microsoft free laboratory mice" bearing the proud name "windows insider": D

--------------------
Gutsdozer
Message#51
21.06.16, 17:45
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Oneplus 3T

The panel with the Back buttons, Windows and the search at the bottom of the screen, for its extension, you need to snipe upwards, now nothing happens during the swipe, and there is no possibility to press esc, since the Back key is pressed (

Posted 06/21/2016 5:45 PM:

If anything, Windows 10 release, not an insider.
sensboston
Message#52
21.06.16, 18:47
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* Gutsdozervery strange; As I already wrote, on Lumia 950 everything works fine, as before. In fact, user programs do not have a direct opportunity to somehow influencesystemicpanel (only, as I recall, with full-screen video playback, this panel is hidden). Try to restart the phone - perhaps this is a local Windows glitch.

--------------------
Gutsdozer
Message#53
21.06.16, 19:01
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Oneplus 3T

No, the reboot did not help, when the dashbox is running, the panel is still collapsed and does not unfold (
Seenshade Blackstaff
Message#54
21.06.16, 19:30
Experienced
[online]

Messages 408
Check in: 08.06.13
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710FN

* GutsdozerTry to reinstall, everything on my 535 in the normal mode is working, the navigation bar unfolds and collapses without any complaints.

--------------------
FlyIQ440 CLUB
WP Club
Fly IQ440 ->Lumia 525 ->Lumia 535 ->Samsung J7 (2016)
Mcclowd
Message#55
21.06.16, 19:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 922
Check in: 15.07.12
Microsoft Lumia 550

By the way, I also noticed at 550 lumii, once the panel did not want to open. Cured by restarting the application :)

--------------------
Noka Lumia 620/Huawei p10 light/Motorola Moto M
sensboston
Message#56
21.06.16, 19:48
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

Generally, this behaviorsystem panel(I emphasize!) is unacceptable, because the "program" buttons must be an absolutely accurate replacement of the physical (except for tactile sensations); This is another, and quite critical bug from M $ :(
Please take my word for it: I didn’t do anything specifically for this, and I didn’t notice it myself (and I’m debugging the application mainly on L-950).

Post has been editedsensboston - 21.06.16, 19:50

--------------------
Gutsdozer
Message#57
21.06.16, 21:06
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Oneplus 3T

Reinstallation helped, thanks!
Biomech
Message#58
21.06.16, 21:54
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 21.06.16

Any hope of seeing Quake3 on our platform? Any port under ARM? Still network support, mmm, the fairy tale would be: clap:
P.S. Electro Man started perfectly from the emulator, pleased with nostalgia, thank you very much for your hard work.

Post has been editedBiomech - 21.06.16, 21:56
sensboston
Message#59
21.06.16, 22:49
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

* Biomech,There are no "quicks" yet, neither the first nor the arena (although there was an attempt to port Q1, I somehow posted the news and file). While you can play aroundduma ;)

P.S. Frankly, I don’t know if it’s possible to adjust the arena control on the phone (via on-screen joysticks and keys). I once played at a fairly decent level, and, I will say, jibs of "platformers tractor drivers" scattering on a massive scale on the FFA (free for all) meat servers very quickly become boring;) Only duels or CTF on clan servers, with good keyboard , mouse and accelerator (so that at least 120 fps was - although now this is any budget "vidyuha" will pull :)).

Post has been editedsensboston - 22.06.16, 08:39

--------------------
sensboston
Message#60
22.06.16, 09:08
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4606

The people, there is suchtricky question: Do I need the option of adding a tile to the screen to run a specific exe-file from a specific directory (i.e., a game)? For greater ease of implementation (if you forget about "perfectionism"), you can make two dialogs: the system file selection dialog (unfortunately, you will have to choose from shadow copy, that is, from the directory that you specified as home — the local storage application is not available for standard file picker), and a picture selection dialog for creating a tile.

--------------------
Gutsdozer
Message#61
22.06.16, 09:33
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Oneplus 3T