15 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Meizu Pro 5 [Ubuntu Touch] | Everything related to the installation, configuration and operation of Ubuntu touch on Mei
evgen2910
Message#1
04.06.16, 11:47
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 335
Check in: 26.06.11
Apple iPhone 7

Meizu PRO 5 - Ubuntu
Attached ImageMeizu PRO 5

Description>> | Discussion>> | Purchase>> | Accessories>> | Music Pro 5>> | Power consumption and autonomy>> | Marriage>> | Flyme account>> | Official firmware>> | Unofficial firmware>>
Attached Image

Important information!
Everything you do - YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Installation is performed only on unlocked bootloader.

Installing the update from 10.2 to 11 is done only on Ubuntu recovery

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Drivers and Utilities

Firmware
Stable Ubuntu 10.2

Kernels and Recovery

Instructions

miscellanea

What works / does not work
Works
  • WiFi
  • BT (including A2DP)
  • Both SIM work normally

Does not work
  • NFC

Test hat
Firmware
Install Ubuntu
Currently only installation via TWRP is possible.
To install the recovery, we transfer the phone to fastboot mode, volume down + power button
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86.img

On the PC, you need to download the files necessary for installation for this on the command line.

ubuntu-device-flash query --device = turbo --channel = ubuntu-touch / stable / meizu.en --show-image

Where ubuntu-touch / stable / meizu.en channel used
The following channels are currently available, the channels are arranged in order of priority from the update from OTA to test builds, where stable operation is not guaranteed at all.
ubuntu-touch / stable / meizu.en
ubuntu-touch / rc / meizu.en
ubuntu-touch / rc-proposed / meizu.en
ubuntu-touch / devel-proposed / meizu.en
1. Download the 4th file corresponding to the assembly you selected by the links in the console.
2. Place the downloaded files in the root of the Memory Card
3. With the help of TWRP Recovery, we do a full reset, including formatting the phone's memory and cache.
4. Through TWRP install Kernel
5. We execute the following commands in the TWRP terminal:
cd /
tar -vxf /external_sd/ubuntu*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/device*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/custom*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/version*.tar.xz
sync
reboot

6. Reboot and test.

In order to avoid problems with updates, you need to put your native recovery, transfer the phone to fastboot mode, and on the big brother download the ubuntu recovery and execute in the terminal
fastboot flash recovery recovery-turbo.img

Kernels and Recovery

Instructions
Installing not official application store OpenStore
OpenStore is a special application store that allows you to install applications that cannot get into a regular application store due to security restrictions. These applications allow you to significantly expand the functionality of the device, but can also break the OS. Therefore, all actions in the applications installed from it can be performed only if you know what you are doing and at your own peril and risk.
Installation
1.DownloadOpenstore
2. Start terminal
3. Execute the pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted openstore.mzanetti_ command<version>_armhf.click
4. PROFIT

Applications from OpenStore
Ubuntu Touch Tweak Tool - a utility for deep system configuration. For example, it allows you to switch the mode from the tablet to the desktop and back, remove unwanted lenses, etc.
tweakgeek is another utility for flexible system configuration. Approximately the same functions as the Ubuntu Touch Tweak Tool, but there is a very useful application management! You can clean the cache, application data, prohibit the application to “put to sleep” (which is extremely useful for some applications).
Beru is a book reader.
wifiscanner - Wi-Fi scanner.
RockWork - connect your Ubuntu smartphone to your Pebble watch.
Falcon - the first alternative launcher!
compass - well ... compass.
ubtd - allows you to receive and transfer files via Bluetooth.
Owncloud-Sync is the first native cloud sync application. In this case, ownCloud.

Ubuntu installation instructions through the Ubports installer.
Message № 258, the author Air-r

Curator leonidy-85

Post has been editedleonidy-85 - 14.04.18, 18:53
Reason for editing: Message No. 258, by Air-r
egore2583
Message#2
25.05.16, 18:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 330
Check in: 01.01.09
Apple iPhone 3GS

UBUNTU
Having studied a number of forums, I managed to install Ubuntu Mobile on our device. From myself: everything works, but slowly. When svaype visible lags. So:
Installing Ubuntu 15.04 OTA-10.2:
1.Download the attached kernel file and the following:
https: //system-image.u...bbee01f5cd93cbd.tar.xz
https: //system-image.u...afd948c19e777f8.tar.xz
https: //system-image.u...turbo/version-2.tar.xz
https: //system-image.u...141bae7abefb423.tar.xz
2.Place the downloaded files in the root of the Memory Card
3.With the help of TWRP Recovery, we do a full reset, including formatting the phone's memory.
4.Through TWRP install Kernel (attached file)
5. We execute the following commands in the TWRP terminal:
cd /
tar -vxf /external_sd/ubuntu*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/device*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/custom*.tar.xz
tar -vxf /external_sd/version*.tar.xz
sync

6. Reboot and test.

P.SThis method was successfully tested on my device, you can restore Android just as easily through TWRP.
Attached filekernel-OTA-10.2.zip(11.06 MB)

Post has been editedolegusss - 06.06.16, 15:15
evgen2910
Message#3
04.06.16, 11:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

Overview
So, unsubscribe as promised:
- I liked the system, everything is in a minimalist style, there are no huge buttons ... nothing at all huge: P
- Regarding the smoothness of work, they still have to work and work, or maybe we just haven’t found a way to put it right? Although, when I launched the application, it works smoothly and quite quickly.
- The button did not start up, as well as on other custom (SM and AISP), it works only for physical pressing ...
- The volume is just super, I do not understand why the Chinese are so slaughtered by the volume of the Europeans ...?
- The quality of communication is normal (it was true only a couple of calls), does not hiss, does not rip.
- I did not have time to estimate the camera during the daytime, but the glowing note in complete darkness was normal: D

ThatsvantezzI'm sorry, I just hurried when I wrote, I didn’t add everything: blush:, in that link in the first file there are links to all three versions (10.1 and 11), I took the very first version (I tried the latest version right away - it did not start) and the kernel and instructions offasting, while saving, removed the extra digits (it's easier to flash), yes, and in order for the bodies to update, you need to flash Ubuntu recoveryfrom hereFor some reason, it reminds me of Flaim: rofl:.

Links to files and screenshots attach:
Links to files for firmware:

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

And finally - I roll back to the fly: rofl:, as for me it is still very raw ...

In turn - autonomy - like normal, (blunted, and did not notice)
Weber is not at all, there is a vatsap, but there are problems with activation - it goes like a web application and asks to activate the phone via qr code
To upgrade, you need to install their recovery, download it without it, but it gives an installation error, after which you can safely sew TvRP.
You can connect a mouse and keyboard, but I didn’t try due to the lack of wireless ones ... by the way, there is a connection point for a wireless monitor in the menu, I didn’t try it either because there was no miracast on the Samsung TV (and maybe it would connect ...)
Neither the boot nor the recovery after the firmware and update is blocked, everything is sewed with a bang (I made it from Windows, for some reason I sent Ubuntu)

P.S. forgot to write, can someone come in handy, put the manager from the ubuntu market, and for a long time couldn’t understand why he doesn’t see the files in the phone’s memory or on the USB flash drive, although the standard application sees the music - everything turned out to be trivial - you must activate the full manager access (password from the phone that is used to unlock when activating developer mode).

Post has been editedolegusss - 06.06.16, 15:05
evgen2910
Message#4
04.06.16, 12:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

Link5.1.6.0GFor firmware from under TVRP, unlocked boot and recovery is present, if you sew after cyan, aisp or ubuntu, you must format the data section
evgen2910
Message#5
04.06.16, 14:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

Found a topic aboutDualbut installationon android, who zatet?
laxez
Message#6
04.06.16, 15:58
Laxey
[offline]

Messages 2147
Check in: 02.09.10
Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus Prime

How does wifi work compared to flym?

--------------------
Siemens C35->Siemens A50->Simens A55->Motorola E770V->Motorola E1000->Motorola ROKR E8->HTC Desire->HTC Sensation XE->HTC One X->Lg g2->Lg g3->Meizu Pro 5->Meizu Pro 6->Xiaomi Mi5->Xiaomi Mi5S Plus->Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
evgen2910
Message#7
04.06.16, 16:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

Wifi works stably, unlike mobile Internet ... how it works, I did not understand
Alex-stroev
Message#8
04.06.16, 21:10
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2458
Check in: 25.08.10
Apple iPhone XR

I subscribe to the topic. The topic is interesting, so I'm going to bet and test. It is only necessary to deal with Vats ap and Google music, but without them

--------------------
iPhone XR A2105 | MacBook 13 2017 MPXT2RU / A | Hackintosh 10.14 ASUS Z170-A i7-6700k GTX-1060 16GB RAM
Apple Watch S3 42mm MQl12RU / A | AirPods MMEF2ZM / A
evgen2910
Message#9
04.06.16, 21:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

Somewhere in nete I saw the activation instructions via a computer, but it works only as a web, but I don’t say about Google music, I found an unofficial app store yesterday, wrote an unofficial firmware theme, I didn’t save the link, I haven’t found it today. .

I myself want to put and use, the button and the vibe stop, for the rest I can lower my eyes)

Post has been editedevgen2910 - 04.06.16, 21:16
Reason for editing: Supplement
passportist
Message#10
04.06.16, 21:24
Brigadier
[offline]

Messages 2806
Check in: 18.09.14
HTC U11 Plus 4/64

Evgen2910 @ 06/04/2016, 10:14*
application store

Hi, here it is:https://uappexplorer.com/

--------------------
HTC U11 Plus 6/128
Google Pixel C
iPad Pro (10.5 ")
Club playersNfs No limit!
kovalenchenko
Message#11
05.06.16, 00:03
I repair Adam's apples;)
[offline]

Messages 690
Check in: 29.10.08

How is the video with audio and video player?

--------------------
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 6/128 + MicroSD256gb.
evgen2910
Message#12
05.06.16, 00:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

How is the video with audio and video player?

I started the audio player, but I didn’t find the equalizer (although when I used to sew it was :)), I’m not even going to say about the video player (
djmorganfreeman
Message#13
05.06.16, 02:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Check in: 20.01.09
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 6/64

I will add my 5 kopecks.
Been different builds, as they are. A default release is specified for a stable release. I have been testing and staging. The second for not understandable reason did not start. The test version is a little faster but did not notice any special changes. With the command line - tricky. By default, the file system is read only. To give access you need to install on the screen password or pin and then enter in the terminal:
sudo su
Enter password
mount -o remount, rw /

After, the disc will be available for recording and the commandapt-get updatewill be executed correctly
When trying to run apt-get upgrade, the upgrade will be 99% successful.and fall out with an errorafter restarting the system will crash and only reinstallation will help(I still do not understand how to get full access to the console, so what if, raise the system)
On the Touch version I sit for a week, ask

--------------------
Dell Alienware 17 R3i7 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
Siemens C45>Motorola E398>Thl t100>Motorola Atrix 4G>Oneplus one>Xiaomi Redmi 3G>Oneplus 2>Meizu Pro 5>Xiaomi Mi5>Xiaomi Note 3 PRo>Microsoft Lumia 950XL>Motorola Droid Turbo 2>Oneplus 3t>
evgen2910
Message#14
05.06.16, 03:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

When trying to run apt-get upgrade, the upgrade will be 99% successful.

I read in the installation instructions, and I myself made sure that the update becomes normal only if there is a recovery Ubuntu (there is a cap)
impulse4u
Message#15
05.06.16, 12:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 174
Check in: 25.03.07

And I do not have enough ups. The rest do not care).

Posted 05/06/2016 12:37 PM:

By the way, if OTA 11 is already out
djmorganfreeman
Message#16
05.06.16, 12:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Check in: 20.01.09
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 6/64

* evgen2910,
I read in the installation instructions, and I myself made sure that the update becomes normal only if there is a recovery Ubuntu (there is a cap)

You are not quite right. apt-get update is not recommended even by the developers themselves, as there are packages that have not been tested for stability. The difference between the original way of Meizu is minimal.XDA has a threadwhere a person made a complete system dump, you can request it from him for research

UPD.:Required backup from the author

Post has been editeddjmorganfreeman - 05.06.16, 12:52

--------------------
Dell Alienware 17 R3i7 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
Siemens C45>Motorola E398>Thl t100>Motorola Atrix 4G>Oneplus one>Xiaomi Redmi 3G>Oneplus 2>Meizu Pro 5>Xiaomi Mi5>Xiaomi Note 3 PRo>Microsoft Lumia 950XL>Motorola Droid Turbo 2>Oneplus 3t>
adasiko
Message#17
05.06.16, 17:07
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 624
Check in: 16.04.11
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

What about convergence?
I did not want to see a smart TV from Sony.

Try to connect who has Smart TV with Miracast or Miracast whistle.
In the settings in the category "Brightness and Screen" there is an item about remote screens.

TouchID (Although Ubuntu’s official Pro5 should work)

And this is how? Something is not found therefore about anything.
The button itself works for me as Home, but there are no functions with a fingerprint, as I understood it.
Maybe in the voting room it works the same for everyone, but people understand the word “work” differently?
PS: I tested on the device with Ubuntu preinstalled, I don’t know how it works on the Flyme version.

Post has been editedadasiko - 06.06.16, 05:28
evgen2910
Message#18
05.06.16, 17:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

testing on the device with preinstalled Ubuntu
So I'm wondering, in pro5 with an officially pre-installed ubuntu button, it works like home, or fully as an android?
adasiko
Message#19
06.06.16, 05:22
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 624
Check in: 16.04.11
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

Evgen2910 @ 06/05/2016, 21:45*
in pro5 with the officially pre-installed ubuntoy button works like home

No fingerprints yethttps: //bugs.launchpad…-settings/+bug/1547040
laxez
Message#20
06.06.16, 15:04
Laxey
[offline]

Messages 2147
Check in: 02.09.10
Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus Prime

Adasiko @ 06/06/2016, 04:22*

but just how does the backward work? (Kogzha touch her?) Or just kogzha click on the desktop goes?

--------------------
Siemens C35->Siemens A50->Simens A55->Motorola E770V->Motorola E1000->Motorola ROKR E8->HTC Desire->HTC Sensation XE->HTC One X->Lg g2->Lg g3->Meizu Pro 5->Meizu Pro 6->Xiaomi Mi5->Xiaomi Mi5S Plus->Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
evgen2910
Message#21
06.06.16, 15:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 335
Apple iPhone 7

* laxez, only by physical pressing goes to the initial screen

15 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 15:09