75 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Cube i7 Book - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 | 10.6 "| Intel Core M3-6Y30 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM
dim565
Message#1
13.05.16, 20:31
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1728
Check in: 12.09.09
Cube i7 Stylus

Cube i7 bookDiscussion
Description | Discussion | Purchase and accessories | A source of information
PictureCube i7 Stylus 2.0, Cube i16
Windows 10 | Windows RT and software | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail | Android | Linux on tablets | Change the operating system | Search programs | Antivirus | Ambulance tablet owners | IT smoker | Operating systems and software
Attached Image
Specifications, reviews
Specifications
CPU:Intel Core m3-6Y30 (Skylake, 2 cores, x64, up to 2.2 GHz in turbo mode)
Video:Intel HD Graphics 515
OS:Windows 10 x64 (different edition comes across: both Home and Pro)
RAM:4 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz (Samsung K4E8E304EE-EGCE chips)
Built-in memory:64 GB SSD format M.2 2242, manufacturer FORESEE (~ 500 MB / s linear read and 170 MB / s write)
Card reader:microSD card support up to and including 128 GB (speed is limited to ~ 45 MB / s)
Display:10.6 ', IPS, 16: 9, 1920x1080, 207 PPI (same as i7 Stylus and Surface Pro 2)
Wi-Fi:dual-band 802.11a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz). Intel 3165D2W chip
Bluetooth: 4.0
3G, LTE:not
GPS:not
Sensors:accelerometer, magnetic sensor closure cover
Camera:main 5 Mpx with autofocus, front 2 Mpx without autofocus
Ports:
1x USB 3.1 Type-C
1x Micro USB 3.0
3.5mm mini-jack (supports headset)
DC 12 V for power supply
Battery:4300 mA / h 7.4 Volt (31.8 Wh)
Power Supply:12 V / 2 or 2.5 A (whichever comes across)
Support for a docking station with a keyboard (sold separately)
WACOM stylus support up to 1024 clicks (sold separately)
Dimensions:273x172x10 mm
Weight:720 g (based on TechTablets review)
Minimum grade
  1. Tablet itself
  2. Power supply 12 V 2.5 A (recently sent with the marking 2 A)
  3. MicroUSB 3.0 cable ->USB 3.0
  4. Waste paper: paper, VIP-buyer card

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews and reviews of the owners

Performance, heating
Performance, heating
Benchmarks (+ comparison with i7 Stylus)
3D Mark Ice Storm 1.2= 47172 (13% more than i7 Stylus)
Cloud Gate 1.1= 4522 (11% more)
Ice storm extreme = 32521
Geekbench= 2405/4604 (+16% / + 9% gap)

SSD performance:
492 MB / s linear read, 168 MB / s linear write
13 MB / s read 4K blocks, 75 MB / s write 4K blocks

USB Type-C performance:
350 MB linear reading, 198 MB / s write (used HyperX Savage 64 Gb flash drive)

MicroSD performance:
35 MB linear reading, 30 MB / s write (although the card is high-speed, up to 70 MB was supposed to issue. So there is still no support for UHS)

The result of benchmarks i7 Book from TechTablets. It is worth noting that he turned off the Extended Battery Life for Gaming in the Intel Graphics Contol Panel (when powered by battery), otherwise the tablet gave out 3 times less points in graphics tests.
Benchmarks by Hotcooler
FPS in games
Attention! FPS can fall after 5-10 minutes by ~ 50% due to throttling (processor overheating).
  • Resident Evi (Benchmark DX9) 1280x720: 23.9 FPS
  • CS: Go 1280x720, all settings at Low: 60-70 FPS
  • Half-Life 2 1920x1080 high settings 24-50 FPS
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 1920x1080 settings on Auto: 34-38 FPS
  • League of Legends 1920x1080 medium settings: 87-100 FPS
  • Singularity 1280x720:26-55 FPS(after 10 minutes of play, i.e. trotting is already active)
  • Civ 5 1920x1080:45-60 FPS(the thermo mode has already been made on the tablet)

About heating
With the Extended Battery Life for Gaming option disabled, the Cube i7 Book processor heats up to 97 ° C in benchmarks. If the option is enabled (enabled by default), the heating does not exceed 82 ° C, but then the capacity is limited.
Also, under heavy load, the case gets very hot (up to 46 ° C). Holding a tablet in the hands of the summer will not be very unpleasant ...
Autonomous work
There are no improvements compared to the previous model. Core M is still gluttonous, and the battery capacity has not increased. With 50% brightness and Wi-Fi enabled, you can expect 4.5-5 hours in the browser, 5 hours of video and 2-3 hours in games.
Some userswritethat they managed to increase the time of work by 2 times due to a decrease in productivity. But the topic is foggy, details are few.

Windows, drivers, useful software, BIOS
Reinstalling Windows 10
  1. First, it is recommended to save everything you need from the C: drive, for example, to a flash drive. If you wish, you can copy the activation key (via the programProduKeyor AIDA64) and also save it (although because in Win10, activation is tied to hardware, this step is optional). Be sure to remember which edition of Windows was from the factory. If Home, then in the future you need to install Home, otherwise the activation will not work.
  2. Download the programhttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209there choose "Create installation media". Language Russian, release of Windows 10, bit x64, then insert the flash drive at least 4 GB and choose it. The program itself will download the latest release build of Win10 and write to the flash drive.
  3. If the old Windows starts, you can: Start>Options->Upgrade and security->Recovery->Reload now->Use the device and in the list should be visible flash drive with Win10. If Windows does not boot, then this option remains: connect the keyboard + flash drive via a USB hub (if you have the original keyboard in its USB port), reboot the tablet and press F7. A boot menu will open where you select the flash drive.
  4. Further as usual Win10 is installed. Keys can be skipped, activation will be made later when connected to the Internet. If desired, you can delete all partitions on the hard and Win10 will create them again. Usually, it turns out to free up ~ 50 MB of space.
  5. After installation, connect to the Internet, let all new updates and drivers be installed. But many drivers will have to be installed manually, the links in the spoiler are below.

Drivers
After a clean reinstall of Windows 10 a lot of drivers will not be. To begin, I advise you to install all the updates from the update center, while installing some drivers. After that, install the latest driver on the video from the Intel site (link below). Then you can download the driver pack from the link below, unpack it into one folder, open the device manager, right-click on each unknown device and select Update, specify the path to this unpacked archive. Must be found and established.
Latest video driver
Pak drivers from the Chinese file sharing (November 2016)
A copy of the factory drivers, torn from the factory Windows image via Driver Genius in the form of an exe-installer (August 2016)
WACOM Drivers
Driver Pack with TechTablets (July 2016)(according to reviews, not all drivers are installed)
Useful software
Patches, fixes
Bios
How to backup your current BIOS
  1. Downloadingfptwand unpack
  2. Open cmd as administrator
  3. Go to the folder where you unpacked (cd command) and write FPTW64.exe -d backup.bin
  4. A full backup of the current BIOS will be saved in backup.bin

How to remove the Chinese Cube logo when turned on
The simplest thing in BIOS is to turn off the Quiet Boot option. Then there will be the AMI logo. A more complicated option is to modify the BIOS firmware, then instead of the Chinese logo, you can download any other.
You are personally responsible for your actions! If something happens with the firmware, the tablet will no longer turn on and you cannot restore SPI Flash without a programmer!
  1. First you need a backup copy of the current BIOS (BIN extension).
  2. Download the program UEFITool (0.21.5).
  3. Open the BIOS file through UEFITool. Find the Raw Section in the Intel image branch ->BIOS region ->8C8CE578 ... ->05CA020B ... ->8C8CE578 ... ->7BB28B99 ... ->EE4E5898 as in the screenshot:
    Attached Image

4. PKM ->ExtractBody and save somewhere. The program does not need to close.
  5. Next you need to create an image with the same parameters. It may be easier to rename the source from RAW to JPG, open it in a graphic editor and edit it. Although the XDA for i7 Stylus loaded pictures of lower resolution and everything worked. Here it is necessary to try.Small collectionlogos.
  6. After saving the image, rename it again to RAW and in UEFITool choose Replace body for the same Raw Section.
  7. Save the BIOS and flash it through the fptw program (command FPTW64.exe -f biosnew.bin). After completion, I recommend once again to read the current BIOS and compare it with the original checksum.
Link to Chinese resources
pan.baidu(i16 book is often written instead of i7 book, if you find something interesting and you need to perezalit write in a personal)

Tablet problems and solutions
What should not be done on the new tablet
1. It is better not to reset the tablet to the factory settings. Already a few cases when Windows stopped loading. Either leave the factory Windows, or install the latest build of Win10 from the Microsoft site clean.
Does not see some memory cards
Incorrect / phantom clicks or dead zones
4-5 cases are known. Bug videos:time, two, three, four.
Dead Zones:https: //www.youtube.co...tinue=31&v=EE7L9J_SOEo
Possible solution: reinstall the WACOM drivers and do the calibration.
Another solution:http: //techtablets.com…binary-calibration/(in English)

By phantom clicks
When charging is connected, a buzz appears in the headphones
Happeningtime, two.
Tablet hangs and stops seeing SSD
This is not a tablet bug. The problem usually occurs after replacing the SSD.Symptoms. Decisionclean the contacts.
The lock button flashes
Modification of the tablet, photo of the entrails
Before disassembling the tablet:
1) Remove the memory card, otherwise you will break it and the card reader slot
2) It is desirable to fix the on / volume buttons to the case with an ordinary scotch tape, otherwise after disassembly it is easy to take off and then difficult to install
Photos of the entrails
The tablet If anyone disassembles the tablet and there will be a desire to make high-quality photos, take
Keyboard
SSD replacement
The new SSD should be in the M.2 2242 format. Before buying, look for the drive tests for a good speed / read (and pay attention primarily to the speed with 4K blocks, not linear).
SSD Replacement Video (eng)
Reduced heat
Program method
These methods work on i7 Stylus, so far nobody has tried it on i7 Book. Of course, you are unlikely to kill the tablet, it's just possible that these settings in the BIOS on the i7 Book have been removed or simply will not work. If anyone will do please unsubscribe about the results.
Attention! Reducing heating by software is to limit the performance of the processor. In normal tasks, you probably won't notice the difference, but in heavy ones (especially in games) it will work slower.

Option 1. Limiting the maximum state of the processor. In the old control panel ->Power supply click on the current plan, select additional parameters. Find the CPU Power Management section, set the maximum state to 65% instead of 100%. By doing this, we disable TurboBoost for the CPU and it should not raise the frequency above 900 MHz, although the GPU will also be used in games, it cannot be limited in this way.

Option 2. Reducing the temperature of the processor at which throttling begins. In BIOS, find the Advanced ->CPU Configuration ->TCC Activation Offset. In i7 Stylus, the parameter value was 3 and throttling occurred at 95-3 = 92 ° C. As in the i7 Book, it is not yet known, but theoretically, if the value is increased, throttling will start earlier.

Option 3. In BIOS, disable the power limit blocking (Advanced ->CPU Configuration ->Package power limit lock ->Disabled), then install the program ThrottleStop, where in the settings to set the maximum value of the Package Power Long and Short for example 5W. Thus, the processor should not accelerate above this value.

Option 4. Reducing the voltage of the processor, morehere.
Hardware method
Attention! No one is responsible for your actions! It is recommended to improve cooling only if you do not have enough performance in difficult tasks (Internet, office, simple games are not considered them) and you are sure that you will not damage the tablet!

Remember that improving the cooling of the processor occurs due to the improvement of heat removal to the back cover, which leads to its heating! Under load, the back cover in a certain place can warm up to 50 degrees and more!

Option number 1 (simple: adding thermal pads)
Because initially between the aluminum plate (0.5 mm, covering the processor) and the copper plate (stuck on the back cover) there is no factory thermal pad, you can simply add it (thickness 1 mmaccording to reviews on 35 pages 1 mm is a lot, better than 0.5 mm). Issue price less than 100 rubles. Efficiency is certainly not as good as the options below, but the temperature drops by 10 degrees for sure. Note that the back cover will warm up more (up to 50 degrees under load).
Cube i7 Book (Post c00l_007 # 54604776)
Option number 2 (medium: adding a finished copper plate and thermal pads)
You can leave the standard aluminum plate, but glue the copper plate 20x20x1 mm onto the hot melt glue to it from the bottom (between it and the processor, smear the thermal paste). At the top of the aluminum plate, install a thermal pad (0.5 or 1 mm, must be selected) as in option 1 to remove heat to the back cover.

One of the options(not very carefully done, but the effect is).
Option number 3 (complex: making a copper plate instead of the standard aluminum)

More detailed instructions with all current values ​​are not available yet.
What was done:
The tablet is disassembled, the aluminum plate is removed. Thermal paste MX4 is applied to the processor. Instead of an aluminum plate, a large copper plate (100x100x1 mm) was made, and a small copper plate of 20x20x1 mm was used to contact the processor (the copper plates were glued together with hot melt together). A thermal strip 1 mm thick is stuck on top of a large copper plate. for contact with the back cover (at first 2 mm was used, but as I understood the tablet did not close)

Dimensions of factory radiator:Cube i7 Book (Post stnc # 58600352)

Thermo mode from various users:
Cube i7 Book (Post Buka3001 # 54731045)
Cube i7 Book (Post wshadw # 54396110)
Cube i7 Book (Post savage-brutall # 54485249)
Thermal pads, plates, thermal grease, etc.
  1. Thermal Pad (Thermal Pad) is used in cases when there is too much distance between the surfaces for using thermal paste. In the methods described above, it is used to remove heat from a copper plate (or standard aluminum) to the back cover. Thermal pads have different thermal conductivity and size. Good thermal conductivity (6 W / (m • K)) from ARCTIC Thermal Pad, but its price is $ 5-10. Often use cheaper for $ 1 with a thermal conductivity of 3.2 W / (m • K), can be found on Aliexpress and eBay. Sizes usually standard 100x100 mm. But the thickness must be chosen depending on the selected modification method.
  2. Copper plates can also be found on Ali or eBay. Price around 3-5 $. For the manufacture of a large plate, you will need a copper plate with dimensions of 100x100 mm, and a small plate (better to search on request copper shim) 20x20 can be found already cut out. The most important thing is to choose the thickness. It is also advisable to ask the seller to pack better, if the large plate bends, then straightening it to perfect evenness will be very difficult.
  3. Hot-melt glue is needed if you decide to use a complex method, where a small and a large plate are glued together. Thermal glue has less thermal conductivity than thermal paste, but the latter is used incorrectly, as the small plate must be securely fixed in a certain place and should not be displaced so as not to close anything. Hot-melt glue can be found on Aliexpress / Ebay, or in the city they often sell for 200-400 rubles Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive (two tubes with two parts).
  4. Thermal paste is used to contact the processor chip with a small copper plate (if you selected option number 2). There is already a huge choice, anyconductive . Personally, I prefer the Arctic Cooling MX-4. She has good performance in tests and the price is more or less adequate. Although I think you can find and not much worse, but cheaper.

Performance degradation (for increased runtime)
The topic is not fully disclosed, we collect information in pieces.
1) They write that by opening additional power scheme settings, you can limit performance and win a couple of hours of additional work.Cube i7 Book (Post xSRx # 54935404)
2) It is possible to reduce the processor voltage, see here //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=745313&st=500&view=findpost&p=53855191""XTU
increase the maximum power of the processor and do stress tests, watching the temperature and frequency of the CPU + GPU.
In the settings of the Intel HD graphics control panel, select Maximum Performance and disable "Extended battery runtime for gaming applications."
Results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXEkWm5BfwY
Cube i7 Book (Post savage-brutall # 55461714)
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on i7 Book / Mix Plus
General
What are the pros / cons of the Cube i7 Book?
pros :
  • Very good performance, only slightly remains from Surface Pro 4 with a similar processor (which is 3 times more expensive)
  • A good IPS-display with sufficient brightness and WACOM styli support
  • SSD-drive, which, if desired, can be replaced by a more capacious and fast
  • Dual-band Wi-Fi (supports 5 GHz), is a rarity for Chinese tablets
  • Aluminum body, high build quality
Minuses:
  • Low battery life (~ 5 hours on the Internet or a movie at 50% brightness + Wi-Fi). Some tablets on Intel Atom live 7-9 hours.
  • In heavy tasks (for example, games), the processor heats up to 97 degrees and the performance drops, while the body heats up (up to 45 degrees) from the connectors
May not arrange:
  • You can not charge from the usual PowerBank, because the tablet requires 12 volts
  • 16: 9 display format. For reading, the Internet and the office is not as convenient as 4: 3 or 3: 2. But for watching movies plus.
  • Very heavy (720 g), holding on weight for a long time is problematic
  • There is no factory Android. You can certainly install an unofficial one (there are no normal assemblies yet), but this is not the same.
  • No 3G, GPS and light sensor
  • Low quality built-in speakers (although this is the fault of many Chinese tablets)
What are the pros / cons of Cube Mix Plus?
pros :
  • High performance thanks to the Core M processor
  • A good IPS-display with sufficient brightness and WACOM styli support (although this display has been installed for 3 years in a row)
  • SSD-drive format M.2, which, if desired, can be replaced by a more capacious and fast
  • Dual-band Wi-Fi (supports 5 GHz), is a rarity for Chinese tablets
  • Aluminum body, high build quality
  • The processor does not heat up to 90 degrees and higher as on older models.
Minuses:
  • Because of the powerful processor, a short battery life (~ 5 hours on the Internet or a movie at 50% brightness + Wi-Fi). Some tablets on Intel Atom live 7-9 hours.
  • In heavy tasks heats up to 92 degrees + trotting
May not arrange:
  • You can not charge from the usual PowerBank, because the tablet requires 12 volts
  • 16: 9 display format. For reading, the Internet and the office is not as convenient as 4: 3 or 3: 2. But for watching movies plus.
  • Very heavy (706 g), holding on weight for a long time is problematic
  • No full size USB connector
  • There is no factory Android
  • No 3G, GPS and light sensor
  • White color
  • Low quality built-in speakers (a problem of many Chinese tablets)
Other models Cube
Sort by release date.
  1. Cube i7- model of 2015, display 11.6 ', Core M-5Y10 processor, there is a built-in 4G-modem. It is in low demand because of the price.
  2. Cube i7 Stylus- Model 2015 release, the processor Core M-5Y10, has the same dimensions as the Book, but there is no Type-C.
  3. Cube i9- model of 2016, display 12.2 ', processor Core m3-6Y30, inside there is a free slot for 4G-modem.
  4. Cube i7 Book - model 2016 release. Differences from i7 Stylus: Core m3-6Y30 processor (10-15% more performance), removed the Mini-HDMI port, added USB 3.1 Type-C (HDMI can be output through it, but an adapter is needed), Wi-Fi now supports band 5 GHz, a little updated keyboard, now it can be connected reversibly (use as a stand, seevideo), POGO-connector from the bottom of the tablet has become 10-pin. The grooves for storing the stylus are no longer there.Comparison of i7 Book and i7 Stylus (eng)
  5. Cube Mix Plus- announced at the end of 2016. Compared to the i7 Book, a more powerful Core m3-7Y30 processor was installed (in benchmarks it gives 30% more points), the SSD from the factory is 128 GB, not 64. The color of the case is white.

Operating Systems
What windows comes with a tablet?
In general, sellers can put different options, but usually put the international Windows 10 Home x64. The assembly is most likely 10586 (1511), although in the future they can send 14393 (1607) with a fresh one
Windows 10 licensed or pirated?
In most cases, this license will not be. Otherwise, the tablet would cost $ 100 more. Normally, Win10 is activated with a shared key (MSDN). They can safely use, blocking cases have not yet been. Also, some stores (so far one case with GearBest) are sent with KMS activation.
How to pull out the current key of Windows 10?
Through the programAttached fileprodukey-x64.zip(77.53 KB)
I have a Windows 10 interface in English / Chinese, how to make Russian?
Press Start ->Settings ->"Time & Language" ->"Region & language" ->"Add a language" ->Russian. Must load language pack. Then go back to Region & language, click on the appeared Russian language and click "Set as default". The system prompts you to restart, do it.

Most likely you will have English on the welcome screen, login, etc. To make Russian you need to go to the old management panel ->Tongue ->Left "Advanced Options" ->Advanced tab ->Copy Parameters button and check two checkboxes below.

In some programs, the Cyrillic alphabet can be displayed with cracks. To solve the problem, try starting PCM ->Control Panel ->Regional standards ->Change date, time, and number format>Additionally ->Language programs do not support Unicode ->Russian.

Instead of the above actions, you can simply reinstall Windows to the official Russian version from the Microsoft site :) There will be no problems with the encoding.
How to make a full disk image through Acronis True Image
Download the image True Image. Regular images (made through the full version of the application) may not work (as it was in i7 Stylus), then I advise you to find AcronisTI2016 + Disk_Win10PE.iso (483 MB), write it through Rufus (GPT partition diagram for computers with UEFI, FAT32 FS), Connect the flash drive + USB-keyboard to the hub and when you turn on the tablet, press F7, select the flash drive in the Boot menu. Further as usual.
Can I install Android?
There is no official assembly of Android for i7 Book / Mix Plus. Maybe in the future there will be folk assemblies (as it was with the i7 Stylus), but not a fact.
Remix Feedback.
Can I install Linux or Mac?
Iron allows. The truth is unknown how things are with the drivers. Most likely you will have to manually search and install them.
How to disable the Windows button?
Old control panel ->Access Center ->Keyboard Facilitation ->Enable input filtering. But this does not turn off the vibration (it is made by hardware).
How to disable touchpad gestures

Bios
How to enter the BIOS?
From Windows: Start->Options->Upgrade and security->Recovery->Reload now->Diagnostics->Extra options->UEFI firmware parameters.
Without Windows: connect a USB keyboard and when you turn on the tablet, press Delete.
How to remove the Chinese BIOS logo
If so annoying, then the simplest thing in the BIOS is to turn off the Quiet Boot option. A more complicated option is to modify the BIOS firmware, then instead of the Chinese logo, you can download any other. More details in the BIOS section.

Sound
On the left side, with complete silence, you can hear a whistle / squeak, is this normal?
Yes, good. Many tablets and laptops whistle, it's just more noticeable with the i7 Book. The reason - not very high quality power chokes. When the load on the processor changes, the frequency of the whistle changes. Harm this whistle will not bring.

Power, autonomy
What is the real i7 Book and Mix Plus battery capacity?
The real capacity is 31.8 Wh (4300 mAh * 7.4 V). XDA users found this out for i7 Stylus, and the same battery is used in the i7 Book. Programs like AIDA64 show a capacity of 43 Wh, this is a Chinese mistake.
Is it possible to charge the battery via USB 3.1 Type-C?
Yes, i7 Book and Mix Plus can be charged via Type-C, but even with powerful charging, the process will go slower than with the factory power supply via a standard DC connector. The manufacturer did not consider the option of a full charge through the Type-C. But if you do not leave the idea to charge via Type-C, then you need to charge with the support of Power Delivery technology (Quick Charge will not work), capable of issuing at 12 V at least 2.5 A. In the Accessories section, the names are verified.
What is the average battery life of i7 Book / Mix Plus?
4.5 hours in the office and on the Internet. In the movies a little more than 5 hours. In all cases, the brightness is 50%, Wi-Fi is on.
Is it possible to charge i7 Book / Mix Plus from usual PowerBank
No you can not. Normal produces 5 volts, and this tablet needs 12. Moreover, the current should be at least 1.5-2 Amps
Is it possible to use a boost converter to make 12 V from 5 V?
You can, but do not forget about the strength of the current. There are many cheap and compact Step-Up converters for ~ $ 1 on Aliexpress, but they cannot deliver enough amperage to charge the tablet on. When turned off, it will turn out to be charged (in this state, the tablet needs at least 0.8-1 A). On Aliexpress there is a Step-Up more expensive for $ 3-5, capable of issuing 2 A and more. They are already cumbersome, although this is not important. To get for example 12 Volts and 2 Amperes it is necessary that the PowerBank be able to issue 5 Volts with a current of about 5 Amperes! I have not met such. Usually 2-3 A maximum. In general, I advise you to forget about the idea of ​​charging the tablet from conventional PowerBank. If you need to buy once a 12 volt powerbank.
Which powerbank will fit?
You need a special PowerBank, which has a DC output of 12 Volts and a current of preferably at least 2 A (so that you can charge the included tablet and use it in the process). There are few, but you can find. From inexpensive for examplesuchwhere the batteries are not connected in parallel, but in series-parallel (3S2P), which allows you to produce a good current at 12 V (although it will have to buy additional 6 battery size 18650 and an adapter to the correct diameter DC). You can find PowerBank'i offline, in the theme i7 Stylus wrote about Hyper PS-221.
Can the tablet work from the network at 100% charge?
Some tablets and laptops with the power supply connected continue to use the battery and constantly charge it up to 100%, which is not very good. But the Cube i7 Book is normal in this regard: after charging up to 100%, the battery is not used, the test is hereCube i7 Book (Post Shades # 54921540)

Heat
How hot is the i7 Book / Mix Plus processor?
In benchmarks and games, the maximum temperature of the i7 Book processor reaches 97 'C, while Mix Plus has up to 92' C. After that, the tablet starts to reduce performance (Power Limit Throttling). For some reason, between the aluminum plate and the back cover, I did not productively install a thermal pad. Possible to reduce body heat. In normal tasks (Internet, multimedia) the temperature is 50-60 'C.

Ports
Can I connect an external hard drive?
Yes you can. USB Type-C power and USB 2.0 on the keyboard should be enough for most external HDDs.
What memory cards does it support?
Cube i7 Book works without problems with microSD memory cards up to 128 GB inclusive. But the speed is limited to ~ 40 MB / s. For some reason, he does not see many cards. List of maps in the spoiler above.
There are no statistics on Cube Mix Plus yet.
There is no Mini or Micro-HDMI port in the tablet, how to display an image?
This is a new mod, the HDMI port is being removed and USB 3.1 Type-C remains instead. An adapter like this can be connected to it.such a. Or buy a more expensive USB port (eg).

Upgrade, modification
Can I change the SSD for a more capacious and fast?
Yes it is possible. It is necessary to remove the back cover, unscrew the bolt and replace the SSD with a new one. He format M.2 2242, any amount. Windows can either be cloned or reinstalled completely (the license does not crash).
Can I increase the amount of RAM?
No, the RAM chips are soldered on the motherboard.
Can I install a 3G / 4G module?
On the i7 Book motherboard, there is no second M.2 slot for LTE as the older i9. No slots for Sims. The connector on the board labeled as 3G is probably non-working (it was the same in i7 Stylus). Of course, if you really want to, and you can solder straight arms with a 3G modem and cut a connector for a SIM card like thiswas donein the Stylus version, but not for everyone.
Do I need to do a cooling modification?
The processor is very hot and reduces performance only in difficult tasks (games with sophisticated graphics, video conversion and the like). If you need maximum performance in these tasks + you are sure that you can carefully disassemble the tablet and assemble it without damaging anything, then there is a sense in the modification. In normal tasks (Internet, office, simple games) problems with overheating and poor performance should not be better not to climb into the tablet.
How to change the BIOS logo (Chinese characters when turned on)
To do this, you need to make a backup of the BIOS (via fptw), byof this instruction(specifically on i7 Book it was not checked, so under your responsibility) and reflash it back. It is recommended not to climb into it without urgent need. It is easier to disable the Fast Boot in the BIOS and then there will be the AMI logo and brief text information.

Accessories
Do I need a film on the screen?
You don’t need to buy the film, as there are already two pieces pasted from the factory (one technical, usual under it), but some leave both :) If you like, you can buy a protective glass. They are more scratch-resistant, and those that are more expensive have an oleophobic coating (links in the topic Shopping and accessories).
What styluses fit i7 Book / Mix Plus?
The stylus should work on the electromagnetic resonance technology. Suitable stylus from Galaxy Note 3, Note 4, Bamboo feel, Bamboo smart. It should be borne in mind that the stylus has a different number of degrees of depression (the tablet understands a maximum of 1024) and convenience. Wacom Intuos, Graphire and Bamboo series for graphic tablets (Capture, Connect, Splash and Create) are NOT compatible with the tablet.
In which programs you can draw (support the degree of depression)
Built-in OneNote, Adobe Illustrator, Manga Studio 5, Mypaint, Clip Studio, Paint Easy, PaintTool SAI, Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6. From the Windows Store you can download Fresh Paint, Graphiter, Sketchable.
Can I order a factory keyboard with Cyrillic engraving?
This service is offered by the seller.Shenzhen Ele Technology Limited. Issue price of $ 5. But the Chinese do not always do it neatly. If anyone lives in Moscow, it is probably better to give here.Cube i7 Book (Post Taska # 53431694)
Can I connect a keyboard from i7 Stylus or iWork 10 to i7 Book / Mix Plus?
Without serious "finishing", it is impossible. Changed the location of the holes of the guides and the POGO connector of the i7 Book 10-pin, and the i7 Stylus 5-pin.
Is it possible to connect a keyboard from i7 Stylus to i7 Plus?
From i7 Book (CDK09) is suitable, but the color is black. From i7 Stylus no
Can i7 Stylus be used with i7 Book?
Can. The stylus will work without problems. Although if I'm not mistaken, in the i7 Book the stylus has a better case.
When drawing with the stylus, it responds to the palm (the so-called Palm Rejection)
If you have an old build of Windows 10 (10586), you need to upgrade to anniversary update (14393) or higher. Then in the parameters ->Devices ->Pen and Windows Ink will switch Ignore touch input when using the pen
How to clean the dead zones of the stylus
Try the tablet pressure curve tool

Spare parts
Where to buy a new original battery?
The only place I found this from the seller is So Cube on Aliexpress. In the list of products will not find, you need to write in a personal and negotiate. Price $ 40 (learned in August 2016). This is not cheap, so if you work with a soldering iron, it will be cheaper to buy separate cells on Aliexpress for $ 7-10 apiece the same size as the old ones and rewire instead of them to make it consistently (you need to look at the capacity for capacity, but the actual capacity is hardly more than 5000 mAh).

Polls
Satisfied with the purchase of i7 Book + What is missing
The survey was conducted ~ 10.2016 to 01.2017
Attached Image
History of changes caps
24.03 � linkon the size of the factory plate
02.02 - added to the FAQlinkon the instructions for disabling touchpad gestures and the GHOST program
01/11/17 - Remix review in the FAQ
12/24/16 - added a link to instructions for improving the work of the touchpad from qultra
25.11 - added spoiler "Improved performance" and brief information
07.11 - added one more to the list of microSD work cards, added a new bug with grounding
10.10 - added a link to Chinese drivers
07.10 - added feedback from wshadw and a link to his experience in reducing heat
24.09 - reference to stylus calibration, information in the FAQ about charging via Type-C, new video review
09.21 - BIOS logo modification instructions
08.09 - section on BIOS (no new firmwares yet), minor changes in the FAQ and features
User activity in the topic

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactdim565 in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editeddim565 - 14.11.18, 08:48
Saymon_xxx
Message#22
13.07.16, 16:30
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 461
Check in: 02.12.12
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

I recommend immediately when unpacking to read this key and, in parallel on another PC, unsubscribe Microsoft with a license issue. In most cases, such a ride immediately in a dispute. If not, you will have to write a letter to Microsoft and wait for a response. But I advise you to remove the key immediately when unpacking, in order not to be accused of replacing it. Also keep Aida close at hand (wear and tear on the battery and many other things will show, I guarantee 5% of wear immediately, I can even rush it). As a result, the already inexpensive tablet will be even cheaper.
1nStyle
Message#23
14.07.16, 12:49
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 31
Check in: 16.03.16
Apple iPhone 7

Saymon_xxx @ 07/13/2016, 4:30 PM*
But I advise you to remove the key immediately when unpacking, so as not to be accused of replacing it

But can this be more detailed? What does it mean to extract the key immediately when unpacking?

--------------------
Nokia 3250 ->Nokia 5800 ->Nokia N8 ->Lumia 800 ->Lumia 920 ->Lumia 925 ->Lumia 930 ->Lumia 950 ->iPhone 7 :(
Saymon_xxx
Message#24
14.07.16, 15:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 461
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

* 1nStyleif there is a desire to butt about the lack of a license. The tablet is activated by a license for developers, ie the activation key will be blocked initially. I often miss this nuance, but this is extra money ... I have already sold more than ten tablets without producing a license without a license ...
dim565
Message#25
14.07.16, 16:04
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

What does it mean to extract the key immediately when unpacking?
I suspect that Saymon_xxx meant to record on video not only the tablet unpacking and inspection for defects, but also turn on the tablet and show the current activation key on the video (via AIDA64 for example). So that in the future the seller would not say that you yourself changed the key, and he sent it with another one (in case of the i7 Stylus).
1nStyle
Message#26
14.07.16, 18:36
Novice
[offline]

Messages 31
Check in: 16.03.16
Apple iPhone 7

I suspect that Saymon_xxx meant to record on video not only the tablet unpacking and inspection for defects, but also turn on the tablet and show the current activation key on the video (via AIDA64 for example). So that in the future the seller would not say that you yourself changed the key, and he sent it with another one (in case of the i7 Stylus).

Those. I correctly understand that the video will potentially last 10-15 minutes, namely: unpacking, switching on, initial setting, downloading and installing AIDA64?

--------------------
Nokia 3250 ->Nokia 5800 ->Nokia N8 ->Lumia 800 ->Lumia 920 ->Lumia 925 ->Lumia 930 ->Lumia 950 ->iPhone 7 :(
dim565
Message#27
14.07.16, 18:40
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

* 1nStyle
Personally, I prepared in advance a flash drive with AIDA64 and all sorts of other programs. But the video came about like this for 10 minutes.
dim565
Message#28
14.07.16, 18:55
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

What advise besides AIDA64?
If you are important, you can check the display for broken pixels. Program Dead Pixels Test (fills with different colors, and there already manually study).
dim565
Message#29
14.07.16, 20:59
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

With headphones, listen normally. And the built-in speakers are not so hot.
About the driver ASIO not in the know. If it is universal for Win10, it will.
You can connect midi keyboard and guitar percents via usb, they do not consume very much?
A more economical stylus can be taken from Note 3/4 (original). I do not know how to like it or not.
goya84
Message#30
14.07.16, 21:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Check in: 14.07.16
Xiaomi Mi 5S 4/128

* dim565,
OK. Thanks, I'll wait. I hope in this topic, experts will write a solution to the problem with heating and can tell me the thread with the battery, 4 hours of work seems to me very small
dim565
Message#31
14.07.16, 21:34
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

* goya84,
If you plan to use heavy demanding tasks and you will be disturbed by heat, then you need to either limit the performance of the processor (programmatically), or disassemble the tablet and improve cooling (from replacing the thermal pad to making a copper plate). But music programs don't seem so heavy to me. This is not a game or video conversion, where the video core is actively loaded.

With increasing battery life more difficult. Simply replacing the battery with a more capacious one will not work: the controller is sewn up with a certain capacity.
Either save the charge (reduce the brightness or display the picture via HDMI, turn off the maximum functions), or work from the network, and if you go somewhere to buy a PowerBank for 12 V (there are few of them, but there are).
sashk1ns
Message#32
15.07.16, 19:07
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Check in: 29.12.10

Guys tell me you can install an android on it, like on the CUBE i7 Stylus?
I can not choose a tablet for myself, I need both Windows and Android to take the modern games, Windows needs normal work of photoshop and lightroom, well, so that the screen of norms was not 186PPI, well, and the work of the stylus in the photo editors. , now if it is possible to put the android on this CUBE i7 Book device, it will be super at all! Will 3G and 4G modems work?

Thanks in advance to those who responded.
dim565
Message#33
15.07.16, 19:18
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

* sashk1ns
I think someone will make an Android image for i7 Book. But not the fact that everything will work well. Here for i7 Stylus released a couple of images on the XDA, but so far they are all in beta status, there are non-working functions.
Well, so that the screen of norms was not 186PP
So i7 Book PPI comes out 207, which is not much more
Windows needs normal Photoshop and Lightroom work
Many tablets will cope with this task, even on an Intel Atom processor. It may, of course, in heavy projects be suspended, but on the whole it is possible to work. In my opinion, if you often use Android, then it is better to look at the model where the factory dualboot is provided.
Will 3G and 4G modems work?
All tablets on Windows allow you to connect USB-modems. Perhaps some may not have enough power from USB, on the i7 Book, judging by the reviews, there is no such problem, even the external hard works.
alonserg
Message#34
16.07.16, 23:38
a guest
[online]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 02.02.12
HTC Desire S

Does anyone know if you can replace the SSD with a more capacious one?
Saymon_xxx
Message#35
17.07.16, 01:34
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 461
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

* alonserg,Before asking questions - read the cap! People tried and filled it, and you carelessly asked a question that already has an answer in a hat ...
sashk1ns
Message#36
17.07.16, 10:13
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25

Guys, tell me such a question.
cube i7 book will handle raw photo processing with nikon d800? Also, is off-topic whether the same Chuwi hi12 will pull ???
Saymon_xxx
Message#37
17.07.16, 21:05
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 461
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

* sashk1nsI must, since, strictly speaking, for these and similar purposes these devices were built ... I read somewhere that even 5y10 copes with it.
sashk1ns
Message#38
17.07.16, 23:42
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25

got it Thanks for the answer. Those. Chuwi hi12 with Atom will not pull?
Saymon_xxx
Message#39
18.07.16, 08:05
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 461
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

* sashk1nsit will pull, but the speed and comfort of work will be worse ... they are two different devices in terms of level ... the atom is more for fans. For example, how many tablets I took, so many notebook i3 / i5 (meaning cut-down ones) say, couldn’t cope with what this platform handles playfully ... the main thing is to buy a thermal pad to make it more comfortable to work. Since even a flash player in VK can drive it to trotting ...
dim565
Message#40
18.07.16, 08:20
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1728
Cube i7 Stylus

* sashk1nsyou better ask the owners how the Chuwi hi12 handles RAW processing in the relevant topic:Chuwi hi12(You can also find out in the themes of other tablets on the same processor). Perhaps the speed of work will suit you.
alonserg
Message#41
18.07.16, 11:40
a guest
[online]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 02.02.12
HTC Desire S

alonserg, before asking questions - read the header! People tried and filled it, and you carelessly asked a question that already has an answer in a hat ...

I repent, missed. And what is the maximum amount of SSD you can put?

75 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19 12:59