> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

HTC Desire 830 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.5 "

Rep: (155)
DiscussionHTC Desire 830
PictureHTC Desire 830
Description | Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Audio lovers will be happy to know that there are BoomSound speakers in the Desire 830 and are located on the top and bottom of the 5.5-inch 1080p screen.

The dimensions of the Desire 830 are 157.5x78.9x7.79 mm. HTC currently offers the phone in blue and red.

With regard to technical data, the Desire 830 has a MediaTek MT6753T chip with 1.5 GHz 8-core processor, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of disk space. Also available and a slot for memory cards, which supports microSD cards up to 2TB.

Behind it is a 13 megapixel camera with OIS and an F / 2.0 aperture. There is a 4 megapixel F / 2.0 UltraPixel camera for selfies on the front. The phone battery capacity is 2800 mAh.

Photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 06.12.18, 23:44
Reason for editing: Stock European firmware version 1.04.401.2

Rep: (394)
qwedrew @ 07.07.17, 11:30*
I think it's very few people interested in reading.

Post above I wrote not only for you. But in general, then you are right. Useful information, unfortunately, in this thread a little.

Rep: (7)
I wonder why there is no information in the header how to get Root without the use of BB. 2 phones were prorutovany kingyuzerom. Problems arise when trying to replace kingyuzer on superpowers, no instruction in the branches onsavagemessiahzine.comIt did not help, and eventually had to choose the method of selection version Kingruta and superpowers. If someone needs, I will throw off the version number that worked. Now kingrut removed Superpower is working properly.

It is also interesting one which the power consumption during the night, as the issue is very important for our device. I eksperementiruju already three weeks, finally managed to reach the level of 2% over 8 hours at night in the mode 2 SIM cards plus vayfay, blyutuf and vayber, mobile data is turned off. Record was -1% for the 8 hour but slowing the push-notification lag reached 15 minutes. I would like to know the statistics of other users.

If someone catches veykloki, then no one held mass veyloki called BatteryServiceUpdateStats? This system vekylok, but do not understand that there is a trigger for veykloka, it is internal or external any application. As someone showing Kernel veykloki sensors and statistics? I have no monitor does not show any WLD or BBS :(

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 07.07.17, 16:56

ilyaspbru @ 07.07.17, 16:50*
I wonder why there is no information in the header how to get Root without the use of BB

Because the theme is not the curator. The cap is no information as to the subject is.
If someone needs, I will throw off the version number that worked. Now kingrut removed Superpower is working properly.

So tell everyone, perhaps many will be interested. And preferably in detail, point by point, so that later no one would panic.
It is also interesting one which the power consumption during the night, as the issue is very important for our device.

There is no doubt that it is for someone to "very important". Is that just for fun. Yes, and other similar devices all figures are roughly the same.
I have about 4%, but especially this did not fight, t. To. For me does not matter +/- 2-3%. In active mode, all the same, these percentages "eat" a few minutes. About veykloki not say anything, I did not investigate.

Post has been editedAmigaser - 07.07.17, 17:47

By Ruta I tell. Kingrut used version 4.52 and Super Sume Pro version 9.1.9 Both programs are swinging from the respective branches of the forum.

How I did:

1) Kingrut. There is nothing to explain, automatic process. Next, check the program root Root checker c of this forum.
2) Check for jackdaws Kingruta in Security - Device administrators
3) Check that Kingrut not listed Safety - program monitors
4) Check that no crows in Kingruta in the Sounds & Notifications - a notice on the priority point applications
5) Run Super Sumi, on one phone SuperSumi hovered but after restarting restarted Supersumi, he asked what method to update a binary file, I chose the usual, the second was the whole process, also requested the update binary file, and I chose the usual method, and Superpower he asked for a reboot.

I tried to put SuperSumi 5 Kingruta version - does not matter, it was necessary to remove Kingrut 5 and put it 4.52. Version of Super Sumi tried to pieces 5, went just above 9.1.9.

Actually that's all. Also in the future, I made a hard reset, while Ruth stayed right on the phone and I immediately freewheeling superpowers.

Ruth I only needed to increase the survivability of the batteries. I use a firewall and the firewall via VPN I ate pretty batteries are not giving the device to sleep. The second point is the analysis veyklokov for proper deep sleep device. This process is still going slowly and I hope in a week or two observations to be finalized.

PS: more advice if someone catches veykloki through WLD or BBS, or do not use as a systemic application, or if you plan to remove the hard reset in advance of it, I did not and after a hard reset was WLD idle system application that is logical. It's not hard to fix, but it is better to know in advance.

PPS: if you are using the program APP OPS or another editor permissions in the application do not recommend touching permission from regular program food, I was careless enough to remove a pair of jackdaws on the wake-up and do something else and strongly jumped consumption in sleep mode, three times, the reverse process permits I did not corrected. This was the reason for hard reset.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 07.07.17, 22:09
Reason for editing: In the header

* ilyaspbru,
Thank you for the informative and useful post, but
ilyaspbru @ 07.07.17, 17:48*
Also in the future, I made a hard reset, while Ruth stayed right on the phone and I immediately freewheeling superpowers.

For me it's great losses many settings and various software installations. Then it is better to unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP and put through SuperSU. All exactly clear what you're doing, KingRoot not need, the more it is not known what he was changing the system.
ilyaspbru @ 07.07.17, 17:48*
I use a firewall and the firewall via VPN

And what a firewall and why through VPN?

Amigaser @ 07.07.2017, 18:17*
* ilyaspbru,
Thank you for the informative and useful post, but
For me it's great losses many settings and various software installations. Then it is better to unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP and put through SuperSU. All exactly clear what you're doing, KingRoot not need, the more it is not known what he was changing the system.
And what a firewall and why through VPN?

I do not argue, but I'm not planning to hard reset :) And by the time Ruth takes 10-15 minutes.

According to the firewall, if not root the only option through the vpn proxy, with the firewall does not sleep the phone, ie constantly awake core. On rutovannom do not need a proxy, change system settings and the phone is asleep and applications all in a row do not climb into the network.

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 07.07.17, 19:27

ilyaspbru @ 07.07.17, 19:26*
and applications all in a row do not climb into the network.

And it is clear, you have decided to ban all applications (including system) to climb to the network ... :)
ilyaspbru @ 07.07.17, 19:26*
And by the time Ruth takes 10-15 minutes.

And as I have described no longer if to prepare everything. Only KingRoot - is "Russian Roulette", IMHO.

Post has been editedAmigaser - 07.07.17, 19:33

Amigaser @ 07.07.2017, 19:30*
And it is clear, you have decided to ban all applications (including system) to climb to the network ... :)
And as I have described no longer if to prepare everything.

But not quite so, system bit and selectively. As I noted, if all ban, the more harm they set the alarm to wake up (eg synchronization of contacts and calendar) and awaken your phone, it is easier to resolve this, or should be very deep dive, to put Xposed, then amplify and monitor all alarms. I tried on and off the synchronization alarms but it seems not to depend on the work of the services themselves.

Your alternative safer not argue, but I, for one, do not have the big blind now, only vindoplanshet with him at all reluctant to fool :) so that it has the right to life;)

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 07.07.17, 19:42

Amigaser @ 07.07.2017, 17:17*

There is no doubt that it is for someone to "very important". Is that just for fun. Yes, and other similar devices all figures are roughly the same.
I have about 4%, but especially this did not fight, t. To. For me does not matter +/- 2-3%. In active mode, all the same, these percentages "eat" a few minutes. About veykloki not say anything, I did not investigate.

So it is only sporting interest, 4% per night is already talking about a good optimization. Of course, to catch the extra 3-5% per day is not necessary forces agree :)

* ilyaspbru,
For full access to the system files still need S-OFF, you did not think about this? On the Web you can find software solutions only for older smartphones. I wonder whether there is some way for the new? After XTC2CLIP easily cope with this task, including for our smartphone.

Amigaser @ 07.07.2017, 20:27*
* ilyaspbru,
For full access to the system files still need S-OFF, you did not think about this? On the Web you can find software solutions only for older smartphones. I wonder whether there is some way for the new? After XTC2CLIP easily cope with this task, including for our smartphone.

I do not think because I do not know. Now I count necessary. Thanks for the tip.

Maybe someone will tell how to disable the power-saving option when incorporating 15%. In this mode, I have recently eaten per night phone 10% versus 2% in the ordinary. With friends like this option and the enemies do not want :))) Perhaps this is the case only for me :)

Another piece of advice. As brauzit full screen with auto-hide the on-screen buttons.

Long to decide the question of how to make a mode button in the browser to automatically hidden. Program immersive mode type of work, but in full screen mode causes problems with the keyboard. I decided to dig into the side of the browser. I went through a dozen and stumbled across this forum on HTC browser. The only browser that I have a gun and hides the screen buttons and the status bar (optional) and you scroll up automatically returns. Now a full-fledged fullskrin without manual hide the on-screen buttons with full functionality.

The second fat plus this browser - Auto Fit wrap text when zoomed. News has been a pleasure to read. font size change the zoom, the text remains in the field of view. Even while I am writing this message prozummiroval :)

PS: I recommend HTC browser download from this forum as HTC somehow stopped his support.

Skrinoshoty below. Changed the zoom gesture to increase to the desired text size, fit the text automatically to fit the screen width.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 08.07.17, 08:18

About life without pleymarketa.

This fellow I resides permanently in the open position. Why so, I write below. And now about one way to get the program through a web interface. It itself is only about free software. Pleymarket need to open, find the example program and copy the link, then go herehttps://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/and paste the link. This site is not one, but not all perceive it links, many are looking for the names of packages that are not convenient.

Now why on this phone abandoned convenience store in prmlozheniya format. He is like a stubborn Rhino climbs to search the location, reading contacts, the phone wakes up, puts himself in a startup is not responding to the app ops, sdmaid, greenify and so on. Prohibit anything it is almost impossible. Helped only trip. Probably, it can soothe the custom firmware, but have not tried. In the case of paid software it will still have to include.

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 08.07.17, 08:37

Management interface animations.

Just say do not know whether the work without root. It is necessary to open the mode for developers in the menu:

1. Go to the section About phone version of the software, an additional
2. Click once on the 10 point build number (can not remember the phone itself will tell)
3. Next, a section for developers appear in the menu root
4. Go to the section for developers - Advanced - Animation section

There you can remove the interface animation, make it slower or faster to taste.

Pampering course, but funny :)

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 08.07.17, 08:49

The point of depressing.

If someone needed light at the time of pressing the touch points on the screen. I, for example, helps with quick commissioning. I can see when I miss in the letter. Increasing the speed of typing.

Need section for developers. See above.

You need to go to the developers - Entering text - display and pressing postavittam daw. Now click a spot on the screen when you pressed highlighted.

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 08.07.17, 09:13

Energy consumption.

It can be repeated, but not a ton of articles prochitanyh saw this simple feature.

There is an excellent built-in tool for online analytics CPU load and the current processes, ranked by energy costs.

Need for developers - Advanced - Monitor and put a checkbox the current CPU usage. On the scale of CPU usage is displayed and the list of services, battering processor.

Now, how to use it to their advantage. A simple example. Today I use the services of the Uber app. Appendix I turned. running application standard menu does not show me the job Uber in the background. I'm going to look Greenify analyst also be seen in the list of background. I include this checkbox, and see through the eyes of that kind com.uber ... switched every 5 seconds. Those. the application is running, although the system is said to be asleep. Lulled forced through Greenify, application service left. In principle does not hurt from time to time in the case of batteries Jora see himself through the eyes of what was going on applications.

Post has been editedilyaspbru - 08.07.17, 09:34

ilyaspbru @ 08.07.17, 07:51*
Maybe someone will tell how to disable the power-saving option when incorporating 15%. In this mode, I have recently eaten per night phone 10% versus 2% in the ordinary.

"Settings" - "Power" - "Energy" - "Enable automatically" - "Never." Do yourself no such notice is discharged at approximately the same speed. The truth is I have a smartphone is always in sleep mode, but the notice still pops up. My smartphone does not rutirovan.
ilyaspbru @ 08.07.17, 08:33*
Probably, it can soothe the custom firmware, but have not tried.

But that's where it would take? On Ineta such I did not meet.
ilyaspbru @ 08.07.17, 08:48*
Just say do not know whether the work without root. It is necessary to open the menu mode for developers

Developer menu, of course, opens without root (this "feature" of Android standard), and all the options work there, but not all are safe, when the possible glitches. Radical solution - the option to switch to the original state and restart the smartphone.

Post has been editedAmigaser - 08.07.17, 19:25

How to install custom recovery TWRP on HTC Desire 830 DS or HTC Desire 828 (All lower write for Win7, for other systems it should be similar):
1. If you have not connected a phone to a computer, you need to install the USB driver on your computer to HTC smartphones from here -HTC USB Driver. After you install and connect your smartphone to your computer should appear in the manager device devicesMy HTC . The same driver also put at Setup HTC Sync Manager with the HTC website.
2. Then you need to installAdb on computer. Download and run the file adb-setup-1.4.3.exe (Attached below). The window starts console session. All questions are answered YES. After completion of the window closes, and the folder C: \ adb unpack the necessary files to work with the ADB interface. In this folder, copy the appropriate smartphone image TWRP Recovery (from the archive twrp.zip below) - the file extension .img . rename it twrp.img .
3. Now you need to unlock the bootloader of the smartphone, if it has not yet been done. Instructions here -Unlocking HTC downloaders through the official website of the company.

In the future it will be possible to set the correct (not using KingRoot) Root-rightsfirmware patch over TWRP SuperSU.zipIf anyone wants it. But it must be understood that the sectionsystem It will still be closed to entry ( S-ON ), So to edit directly from the android system configuration files will not work.

Attention! TWRP is a high-risk instrument, t. To. Allows to alter / format partitions smartphone and make changes to the system. Developers knowingly restrict the possibility of dangerous actions in the katabatic rekaveri. Stitching TWRP you shoot some "protectionthe foolteapot ". Do not press the button on the TWRP, if not clearly understand what you are doing, mindless" poke "buttons can easily turn your smartphone into a" brick. "

4. We are stitching TWRP:
- Connect the included USB-cable smartphone directly to your computer without any USB-hub, it is desirable to USB-port directly on the motherboard. You can check the appearanceMy HTC in the device manager.
- Open the consoleStart>Run> in field Open recruit CMD (for Win 10 can open Power Shell and type in the string start cmd ). In the opened console, go to the folder with the created files (type in the command line cd c: \ adb ).
- We type in the console
adb reboot download
This is useful if you have a smart phone loaded into the Android system, if you are already in DOWNLOAD mode, go directly to a set of firmware commands
- After rebooting, your smartphone in flashing modeDOWNLOAD MODE , Type in the console
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
We are waiting for reports of successful firmware.
- Reboot your smartphone atBOOTLOADER MODE .
- Reboot your smartphone in a new rekaveri selecting the bootloader on your phone -BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE .
Attached fileadb-setup-1.4.3.exe(9.17 MB)
Attached filetwrp.zip(37 MB)

twrp_recovery_3.0.0-2_D830_china_mod.img - rekaveri rebuild version of the Chinese smartphone with revamped default.prop under the European region. Languages ​​English and Russian. Built receive route-rights.
(Performance tested* Walter13666 ) And me.
twrp_recovery_3.1.0.0_D828.img - the latest version of HTC Desire 828 for the European region, all the languages ​​tested* axe1985
twrp_recovery_3.1.0.0_D830.img is the latest version for HTC Desire 830 DS for the European region (ours), all languages ​​are compiled and tested by me.

TWRP version 3.2.1-0 for D830 and D828 - HTC Desire 830 - Discussion (Post Amigaser # 69688127)

TWRP version 3.2.2-0 for HTC Desire 830 DS - HTC Desire 830 - Discussion (Post Amigaser # 75022322)

TWRP version 3.2.3-0 for HTC Desire 830 DS - HTC Desire 830 - Discussion (Post Amigaser # 75880775)

Post has been editedAmigaser - 23.07.19, 21:40
Reason for editing: In the header, fix, backup replacement, new version

How to edit system files via TWRP and Adb without obtaining S-OFF :
Even after receiving the root-rights system still does not allow you to edit the configuration files (such eg. Asbuild.prop , audio_policy.conf and so forth.) due to the fact that the smartphone protection flag is set ( S-ON ), And to share with him system mounted at boot without the right to record, even for root-user. In order to be able to edit / replace any system files, you need to install the protection flag on a smartphone in the state S-OFF (Protection disabled). Unfortunately for the new smart phones (including our), at the moment, it can only be done using a special hardware programmer XTC2CLIP or programmatically using a paid app SunShine :(. How, then, to change the files on the system partition? This can be done with TWRP By mounting the system partition with all the rights. You can then edit the files either via the built-in file manager TWRP or on a computer through Adb That, in my opinion, it is much more convenient.

Attention! Before editing vital for the system build.prop file type, it is necessary to make a copy of the original file, so you can restore your phone to its original state, ie. A. Wrong settings can cause "okirpichivaniyu" smartphone as a hang-on system boot or crashes in the work. Editing these files should be done with great care and a clear understanding of what you are doing.

Editing system configuration files on the example ofbuild.prop :
1. Load the smartphoneTWRP recovery . Everything below for the English language when switching on the Russian - by analogy.
2. Choosemount В» and then choose System from the list of sections to mount the system partition, and then come back.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB-cable.
4. Open the console window on the computer (as described above) and go to the folder where we areAdb ( cd c: \ adb ).
5. Copybuild.prop on a computer with the command
adb pull /system/build.prop
The file is copied to the same folder (c: \ adb).
6. Open build.prop viaNotepad ++ . Normal Notepad is not recommended. Notepad ++ correctly saves only changes in the content without changing file attributes.
We are making changes that would like and save them to a file.
7. Copy the modified file to the smartphone in the console command
adb push build.prop / system /

8. Set the correct permissions on the file sequentially typing in the command console
adb shell
cd system
chmod 644 build.prop

9. Reboot the smartphone in TWRP. ChoosingReboot В»System . Smartphone will reboot to make the change. In the case of an unresponsive smartphone or malfunction of the system, you can restore the original file (you made a copy?), Repeat the procedure.

A method of copying, editing system files using ADB Insecure here -HTC Desire 830 - Discussion (Post Amigaser # 64552922)

Post has been editedAmigaser - 16.09.18, 18:18
Reason for editing: In the header

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/02/20, 3:18