Dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 | 8 '' | IntelВ® Atom в„ў x5-Z8500 2.24GHz

Rep: (55)
New Venue 8 Pro 5855-5000 Series
Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 8.0 "Display with FHD (WUXGA 1920 x 1200) with touch" | IntelВ® Atom в„ў x5-Z8500 Processor (Quad Core, 2.24GHz 2MB Cache) | 2-4Gb | Dell active pen
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Picture

Specifications
Processor
IntelВ® Atom в„ў x5-Z8500 Processor (Quad Core, 2.24GHz 2MB Cache)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Memory
2-4GB DDR3L-RS
Storage
32-64GB eMMC Hard Drive
Graphics card
IntelВ® HD Graphics
Display
8.0 "Display with FHD (WUXGA 1920 x 1200) with touch
Ports
1 USB Type C
1 headset / microphone combo jack
Slots
1 Micro SD в„ў card slot (up to 128GB)
1 Micro SIM card slot
Wireless
Wi-Fi 2x2 802.11 AC with Miracast, BT 4.0
Webcam
2MP front / 5MP rear cameras
Mobile Broadband
DW5808E WWAN Card for AT&T, for US only.Win8.1 / Win10
Dimensions
Height (front / back): 0.37 ”(9.45mm) x Width: 5.12” (130mm) x Depth: 8.5 ”(216mm)
Weight: starting at: 0.83lbs (377.1g) (WLAN)
additional information

Post has been editedPoms - 10.04.16, 12:40

Rep: (31)
Some video is still importedtimeandtwoandthreeandfourandfive . ;)

In short, my device came. While studying, while the current is positive.
The review will be a bit later.

Poms @ 04/10/2016, 13:19*
The review will be a bit later.

We look forward to first-hand. Do not drag out please, do not skimp on both positive and negative emotions.

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 10.04.16, 13:29

: rolleyes:
Attached fileUser manual Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855 rus.pdf(1.44 MB)

Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855 Drivershere
;)

Let's start.
The device comes in the same gray box as the previous models. The box is the same, the device and the charger with a wire, documentation. I took the device, in the top configuration, in addition to LTE, the toad got another $ 100 to pay, for this there is a router in the car and a professional bluetooth GPS receiver. There is no SIM card slot in the device. There have been some changes in the buttons of the device, the ON-OFF button is now where the Windows was, respectively, the Windows migrated to the former ON. The charge connector is now very convenient at the top of the right side panel. I was very pleased with the wire, now it’s a meter in length. By the way, I really liked the USB-C connector. Generally without problems and efforts. It costs a dozen 64 bit, I ordered with the Home option. Download as usual. The screen just does not have words (although the previous model is no worse) But the difference is visible. While the device is working smartly, and there is a boom to see.
With a little refinement, covers are suitable, and the films are unfinished. The difference between the current films in the extra hole for the light sensor for the previous model. And so one to one. One of these days I’ll be Claudia’s native Dellovskaya to customize.
And plus I ordered to the detriment of the Home system instead of Pro. So this is the Wakkomovsky stylus for this device. Just super! The difference is very even.
Taki could not stand the soul of the designer. Dismantled the device. And Oh miracle! He gives a modest but necessary modernization. You can put a modem in it. The M2 connector is present and the sim slot is also soldered. It will be necessary to modify the current cover. In short, you need a modem and two antennas 3G-LTE and GPS. So the game is worth the candle. Photo of the prepared deviceHERE

Post has been editedPoms - 10.04.16, 19:07

In short, I ordered antennas. I will try to upgrade the device.

http: //savagemessiahzine.com/ forum / dl / post / 7917421 / WP_
Attached Image
20160412_18_48_58_Pro.jpg
That's what happened after a little refinement of the native claudia and case from the previous device.

Attached images
Attached Image

Well, I continue to scoff at the device. Today it was installed Modemchik 5810e and anti-aircraft antenna trial.
And lo and behold! The Internet has appeared. I’ll post the photo a bit later.
Here I put a little hand

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedartem1701 - 13.05.16, 14:23
Reason for editing: Pictures under the spoiler!

However, when installing off drivers on the 5810 modem, a little embarrassment arose.
He just stupidly does not pose. the system itself puts the modem, but the driver is the native GPS horseradish.
Everything turned out to be simple. The system on the device costs 64x and the native driver is 32x. I didn’t find a damn thing on the internet.
By searching the site, Dell dug under win 8.1 64x, though the old 15th year but working. I think soon they will post more fresh ones.
And if you buy a native modem 5809e (EM7305) which is on an off site, then it turns out there are three types of the US version, European and both without GPS support. The cheapest last, the rest are just off the charts, especially the European one.
In short, while the boom is sitting on what is.

Che today again his hands were combed, as a result, it was cut out in the back cover next to the hole for the SD card, not reaching the hole for the SIM card. Now it remains only to wait for the set of antennas. It’s a pity you can’t find a native, it’s there alone in the case like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, immediately LTE and GPS.

Rep: (145)
Please post performance tests. Heating and, of course, working time with and without communication modules in reading, watching videos, etc.
Thank.

SKY.SPB @ 04/20/2016, 10:10*
Please post performance tests. Heating and, of course, working time with and without communication modules in reading, watching videos, etc.

Well, the little animal warms up by heating. when it’s visible, I think it’s 50 degrees so far. Skoka has not yet set a goal, I don’t look at the pancake video on devices of this size (for example, they’re not needed on the sixty and the eyes are not the same).
Now there is a small problem, I’m waiting for a damn adapter horseradish you will find here in Kaluga. In stores such as M. Video, Eldorado, Technosila, etc., here. Managers are for me when I call them what I need, but I need an adapter from USB Type-C to USB Type-B or Micro-B. They look at me as an Alien or professor of higher matters. so what are we waiting for, s, adapters from China and native Dell's adapter with all sorts of ports there.
Now I can’t even download the recovery to the USB flash drive and try to install win 8.1x64.

They made a normal connector, so now the problem is with adapters. As always. When will this garbage end?
Thanks for the feedback.
The battery life is of interest, because on these chipsets, other users are faced with non-optimized consumption. Teclast, Onda, HP. The new SoC, of ​​course, is better, but something decreases nm, until it gives an increase in battery life. Even with a regular ND screen.

By using the device for several days, banal procedures, installing updates and other contexts, it was noticed that with all the interiors turned on and almost 100 percent brightness, the device works for five and a half hours. In principle, it suits me. Yesterday, for example, the BIOS update was released, a boom to see what else the previous update was in March.
Yes, here with these conclusions (and the updated Vanya from Dell on the z8500. The same flimsy ones) I would wait a while. The device is built very high quality from the outside to the inside. And very thoughtful. If there is no LTE, for example, there is no slot under the SIM in the cover and there are no mounts under the modem. Fee yes it goes
universal, it has a connector for a SIM card and a modem. But there is no antenna unit. Here, as I understand it, everything is assembled in blocks.
There is, as always, the only minus in my opinion is the stylus again. There are no complaints about the work, but again, the AAAA battery is her mother.
I spat ordered the batteries. Yes, and there is still a bluetooth on the stylus until I realized why I will understand later.

About bluetooth is fun. Interesting destination. Perhaps anti-loss;)

SKY.SPB @ 04/21/2016, 09:15*
About bluetooth is fun. Interesting destination

Somehow hell is it related to OneNote.

Exactly 24 hours in sleep mode, with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on, as well as the GPS module, gobbled up 30 percent of the charge.
Something like that.

Rep: (13)
* Poms,
Interestingly, what kind of bandwidth do the built-in card reader and eMMC have? If he feeds a good memory card for examplethisor similar. If possible, then test.

Poms, are you planning to review your operating experience? Very interesting. Whether the machine is worth 450 bucks at the current rate is not cheap at all. Is the operating time significantly less than the previous machine on the z3740d? The resolution is 4 times higher. And judging by other devices, the 14 nm manufacturing process did not bring the expected energy savings.
Thank.

SKY.SPB @ 05/06/2016, 08:22*
Poms, are you planning to review your operating experience? Very interesting. Whether the machine is worth 450 bucks at the current rate is not cheap at all. Is the operating time significantly less than the previous machine on the z3740d? The resolution is 4 times higher. And judging by other devices, the 14 nm manufacturing process did not bring the expected energy savings. Thank.

Well, what can I tell you all this.
1. There are 4 options for this device. Even five With a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels or 1920 x 1200 pixels, 2-4GB DDR3L-RS memory
and 32-64GB eMMC hard drives. In Russia, it’s easier to sell current devices from 1280x800, 2GB, 32GB, but there is a configuration with LTE. I don’t know why, but so far we have such current models.
About saving already wrote above about the same. The only thing is that I recently decided to put win8.1 Pro on it, the benefit of the key is.
The joy of the device is now even more added. So it’s faster, somehow it became somehow from the 10th, somehow not right. True, I did this from the so-called selfish version. Since the device, for the sake of saving on the stylus, was taken from the wines of a home, now it will be possible to roll up an update of 10 ki, I will have 10 wines about.
True, pitfalls also appeared here. The drivers that are on the off site under my device for win8.1 are not installed just like that when installed (example with a 5810e modem). The steps were the same unpacking installation.
2. Worth or not worth it. It all depends on your ambitions. If you look at what is currently being offered in Russia, then 100% is not worth it. I don’t see the point of taking a device for the current of the new processor and 64-bit Windows. You can take a device with a 3g used / or buy a new LTE modem and enjoy life.
By the way, I dig a native modem for my device for Europe 5809e from a guy in Hungary for normal pennies, and not for 10-15 thousand in England.
So think for yourself who needs it, while I'm happy with my device, the stylus is very happy working well. The only thing is that who else will buy this device, buy immediately the adapter from USB-C to micro USB.I took one.. In a compartment with my native hub from Dell, the device is charging and you can connect all sorts of stray.

Post has been editedPoms - 07.05.16, 08:44

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/11/19, 12:29