MiWiFi 3 | Xiaomi Mi-router 3 - Discussion | [wifirouter]

Rep: (1302)
MiWiFi 3 | Xiaomi Mi-router 3 - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi nano пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi mini пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android)пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Attached Image

Photos and Reviews
& Specifications
The main differences from the MINI version are highlighted in red. There are no other differences and the router is technically no different from its predecessor.
  • CPU MT7620A 580MHz;
  • ROM: 128MB SLC Nand Flash ;
  • RAM: 128MB DDR2;
  • No built-in HDD (you can connect via USB external);
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External non-directional antennas - 4 pcs.
If you are wondering whether the MI 3 is the same MINI? The answer to it will definitely not, not better. If there are some problems with the drivers for NAND FLASH, there are not many buns at all, there is not much advantage from four antennas either.
Firmware
Stock
Padavan
Important!

Need to download different versions of the script for different Ubuntu
Attention!When building, installing and configuring, consider the following:

• The Chinese have messed up with gainbecause of what RSSI for WI-FI 5 GHz is incorrectly displayedcured, but the EEPROM patch is recommended to roll through the script, since the jamb with the gain has not gone away, the patch increasessensitivityreception at the router and installed after flashing;
• NAND FLASH driver is unstable, pay attention to it! If you only want to purchase this router for use on custom firmware, then it is recommended to lean towards MI-MINI. The driver patch does not apply to the RT-N56U repository.
пїЅ I recommend to get acquainted with the nuances of the firmware.

Log changes in the firmware

Prometheus script and firmware distribution terms :
• You can not use the script to build the firmware with proprietary modules;
• It is strictly forbidden to distribute mods, patches and parts of the code that interfere with the above conditions.
[b]

When flashing, check the selected config !!! Must be MI-3 !!!
You can get access via SSH only on one version of the firmwarehere. With the firmware there is a small chance of damaging the router, you need to have a UART console in walking distance, this is just a recommendation. It costs $ 1.

Padavan Firmware Manual Collection

Installation:
Other:
Openwrt
Moding
+ Other
If your device does not see the network at a frequency of 5 GHz
Information unit in binary numbering system GOST 8.417-2002 GSI
bit2(bit) - amount of information 1 (usually used to denote the connection speed and the amount of information transmitted);
byte2,3 - amount of information 1 equal to8bit (usually used to denote the amount of data on the media).

1) The term “amount of information” is used in devices for digital processing and transmission of information, for example in digital computing (computers), to record the amount of storage devices, the amount of memory used by a computer program.
2) In accordance with the international standard IEC 60027-2, the “bit” and “byte” units are used with SI prefixes.
3) Historically, there is such a situation that the name “byte” is incorrect (instead of 1000 = 103accepted 1024 = 210) used (and use) SI prefixes: 1 Kbyte = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1024 Kbytes, 1 Gbytes = 1024 Mbytes, etc. At the same time, the designation Kbytes start with a capital letter unlike the lowercase letter “k” to designate a multiplier ten3.

EPrevious polls
Attached Image

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 26.08.19, 14:48

Rep: (264)
Akzi @ 04/04/2016, 19:35*
It's a shame that there are no 1000 lan / wan ports (

Why are they? Do you have an Internet more than 100mb? I just don’t know other reasons ..

TheMysterious @ 04/04/2016, 21:43*
I just don’t know other reasons ..
Why do you need speakers? Do you have more than 100 Mbps internet? N is enough for you.
I answer, it’s not even a matter of the Internet, I want to download it at full speed, let's say from a drive, in FIG I have a router that has AC but does not have the ability to give ???

I now have mini & rt-n65u, so I have a mini AC channel, and rt-n65u has a normal N. So Asus pulls the minicom in terms of wifi speed. Why? Because asus has gigabit ports and minik has garbage.
Attention question:what for us without fig, if with fig dofikawhy do we need speakers if in fact it is not faster than N at 5 GHz? Marketing?

These were arguments about comparing the incomparable ... do not pay attention, the router is good, just some of the parameters in it are frankly irrelevant and are just a beautiful inscription on the box. It is definitely possible and even worth taking it. After all, I compared for example two models that are completely different in class. And if you compare mini and rt-n14u, then they cost about the same, even the minicar is cheaper, but in terms of simplicity, the mini wins.

Post has been editedFreize - 04.04.16, 21:07

* Freize,
but I don’t need AC. I just needed a normal router, with a good design, with modern hardware and at an affordable price. Maybe there are cheaper alternatives, but Xiaomi products I like. And thanks for the educational program about the LAN port, I will know.

Post has been editedThemysterious - 04.04.16, 21:33

Rep: (5)
* The mysterious
Do not deign me to throw an address, a very tempting price!

TheMysterious @ 04/04/2016, 23:43*
Why are they? Do you have an Internet more than 100mb? I just don’t know other reasons ..

Recently purchased a sony TV with 4k resolution. I think to watch a video with a bitrate of 40Mb / s from a computer, and simultaneously surf the Internet, or play online games, you need a gigabit port. In Kazakhstan, the operator offers a tariff of 120/120 mb / s, using optics technology for every home. It makes sense for people who are chasing speed.

But in principle, 100 is also enough for domestic needs :)

Guys, taking this opportunity: do not confuse bits and bytes. Mbps are megobits and MB is megabytes. Bits are never reduced and written with a small one, the difference in them is eight times, this is significant.

There is not enough 100Mb / s, fullhd content will require higher message rates over the network, not to mention 4K.
The action camera shoots videos with a bitrate of 52Mbps, any bluray image will give a bitrate of up to 80Mbps and weighs 40GB. As a result, a lot of content on a network NASe or file server, and copying data or streaming over the network is slower than you expected. Add iptv streaming, a bit of torrents and ports are overloaded.
Saves 1GB / s

Post has been editedBBold - 05.04.16, 07:59

Rep: (22)
Oh sad how it became, I already hoped that there would be gigabit ports, at least LAN.

better packaging photos
Attached Image

Strange ventilation holes for him, at least they would cover at least with a mesh
Attached Image

Rep: (114)
TheMysterious @ 04/04/2016, 15:14*
On the official website mi.com sales start from April 6.

Strange onhecbainfor a week already sold at a price of 39.99

* yurivasilyev,
Well, they don’t send right away. they will pick up orders, buy 6th routers and then send them.

Rep: (114)
TheMysterious @ 04/05/2016, 15:28*
Well, they don’t send right away. they will pick up orders, buy 6th routers and then send them.

perhaps, although when pre-order - they write that pre-order. Now sell from stock.
but this is not very important. I do not buy. I just noticed when I was looking for discounts on scales from xiaomi ....

I checked the wifi frequencies at home using the application on Android, walked around the apartment, as a result, the program identified only 13 networks and they all use 2.4ghz. Not a single network with 5 ghz. All 5Hz frequencies will now be mine: lol:

I checked the TV, it turns out it supports 802.11ac. I'm glad that a few cords will be gone.

The same situation, one in the house broadcasting at 5GHz. This frequency was occupied by 2 telephones and a TV. By the way, the router is also MI, though the previous one.

Rep: (3)
Does his antennae expand? Or just look up and all?

Rep: (1)
Chuper @ 04/06/2016, 14:24*
Not a single network with 5 ghz. All 5Hz frequencies will now be mine

BBold @ 04/06/2016, 14:44*
The same situation, one in the house broadcasting at 5GHz.

You are not alone) just 5GHz range is much lower :)

We raise funds for a test samplehere.
If you want to help, you can make any amount you wish, but be sure to indicate that on mi3 and your nickname onsavagemessiahzine.com. After porting the Padavan firmware and testing on a sample, you will receive our support and installation assistance.
I draw your attention to the fact that you can not help us, we will add the config to Prometheus in any case, and you can compile the firmware for yourself. We are not developers of firmware and are only involved in porting and support, as well as developing a script systemPrometheus.
Thank you all very much from our team.

Collected: 100% router ordered.
Thanks to:
dimar1973
gelart
teddy02
amr_50
polimeroff
petr1976
southerner12
AddRemover

Post has been editedFreize - 15.04.16, 10:25

* Freize,
And how much do you need per router? Where will you buy?

TheMysterious @ 04/06/2016, 18:56*
And how much do you need per router?
About $ 38 if there is where it is cheaper, I will be glad.
TheMysterious @ 04/06/2016, 18:56*
Where will you buy?
They planned to order on Ali. And so where is cheaper.

A few pictures of the router from the seller with Ali
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedThemysterious - 06.04.16, 22:47