Firmware
miscellanea

FAQ
There is no curator in the subject.

Post has been editedninja88 - 02.03.19, 14:54
Reason for editing: Added pro curator

Rep: (1)
LeonidKoryakin @ 04/12/2016, 23:57*
Due to the buggy Linux. You can do it yourself when you turn it on, but you need to write the configuration files yourself through the console. The utility block does not understand ntfs.
And the speed will be low due to the fact that the ntfs driver in Linux is older than the pop dog.

I don’t agree about glitchiness and old age, just the FS driver of the non-Orthodox OS is not implemented as a kernel module, but works through FUSE, and from here, as I understand it, the brakes. It is good that linux generally works with NTFS somehow using regular means, in Windows I don’t know the means from the box that would understand ext.
but about the fact that the screw can be formatted permanently and in ext I agree.

By the way, if I understood Google-Chinese correctly, here
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://lxf.me/289&prev=search
Chinaes shares positive experience with 802.11n upgrade in OpenWRT on brcm63xx
Has anyone tried this?

Rep: (188)
* V-ctor,
In Windows, the Ext2Fsd drive is installed and it starts to work just like in Linux, with a hemorrhoid with mounting and unmounting.

Well, about the fact that everything is mossy in Linux, look at the year this driver was created. In my 1970. During this time, ntfs was upgraded four times and it is already completely different than it was when writing the driver for Linux.

LeonidKoryakin @ 04/13/2016, 02:20*
In Windows, the Ext2Fsd drive is installed and it starts to work just like in Linux, with a hemorrhoid with mounting and unmounting.

ABOUT! It turns out that it has been able to write normally on ext4 for half a year. Did not know. Breakthrough! )))
But in Windows, a cool mount - in general, you do not know what and where to mount it and where to look.)
LeonidKoryakin @ 04/13/2016, 02:20*
Well, about the fact that everything is mossy in Linux, look at the year this driver was created. In my 1970.

Come on? Melkosoft rolled out ntfs only in the 90s as well as the Wendu itself and Linus began his creation in the 90s, how could there be anything in the 70s? )))

but it's all offtopic)
I'm wondering, does anyone understand what the Chinese wrote there? It’s not just that you remove some modules, but add others. It is with knowledge.

V-ctor @ 04/13/2016, 08:40*
I'm wondering, does anyone understand what the Chinese wrote there? It’s not just that you remove some modules, but add others. It is with knowledge

It’s not difficult to understand. You need to demolish everything on the bottom list, and put what on the top.

It's tear down
kmod-b43
kmod-bcma
kmod-mac80211
kmod-crypto-arc4
kmod-crypto-aes
kmod-crypto-core
kmod-cfg80211
iw
wpad-mini

It put
kmod-brcm-wl
wlc
nas

Like kmod-brcm-wl doesn’t work because everything is not completely demolished from the old driver.

I did yesterday. dmesg says that the driver does not get up. In / sys / class the folder with phy0 does not appear.

You can do it yourself. The file system in the squashfs router, there the files are only marked as deleted. You will reset it to the factory settings and fill in the previously saved configuration and everything will be as it was, only the packages added by you need to be delivered again, they are in the jffs2 file system.

I’m all about the fact that for recovery as it was, you won’t even have to change it.

LeonidKoryakin @ 04/13/2016, 11:55*
It’s not difficult to understand. You need to demolish everything on the bottom list, and put what on the top.

This is understandable, which is understandable :). I'm talking about a deeper level of understanding, for example, how can all of these modules affect the performance of kmod-brcm-wl? And again, not at the level of speculation, but that I would have seen and slapped myself on the forehead: "Well, exactly!" I almost had nothing to do with the development of wifi drivers, and even under Linux.
And speaking of demolishing what is meant? Remove these modules via opkg?

Maybe it makes sense to try to eliminate unnecessary kernel modules at the assembly stage and enable the necessary ones?

V-ctor @ 04/13/2016, 10:14*
Maybe it makes sense to try to eliminate unnecessary kernel modules at the assembly stage and enable the necessary ones?

It makes no difference, I tried the same thing. That is not the point. Yes, check the dmesg download. The Chinese writes that Wikipedia says it’s easy to install one driver and it does not work. It is necessary to demolish so that other modules do not try to boot earlier and capture the chip and everything else.

Maybe the Chinese did it, but here the driver does not recognize the chip as its own in any case. Somewhere they recommend using kmod-brcmsmac, I tried it the same way, it doesn’t work.

There is even kmod-b43 and he gets up with an error, cannot read the ROM from the WiFi chip. Apparently it is not on the board. By the way, for this reason I added the option macaddr '7c: 03: 4c: ee: 3d: d3' line to the / etc / config / wireless file. This is the poppy from my router. It is right in the firmware. Without it, WiFi does not work at all. Two firmware lying onhttps://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/sagem/fast2704WiFi does not work, for the same reason. The driver cannot read the WiFi ROM and does not form this line in the configuration file. And with zero MAC WiFi does not even turn on.

* V-ctor,
If you get the physical interface to go up:

[17.480000] b43-phy0: Broadcom 43225 WLAN found (core revision 23)
[17.488000] b43-phy0: Found PHY: Analog 8, Type 4 (N), Revision 6
[17.496000] b43-phy0: Found Radio: Manuf 0x17F, ID 0x2056, Revision 11, Version 0
[17.504000] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [Features: PNL]
[17.652000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'

We’ll finish the rest.

I'll try picking at home

Rep: (3)
LeonidKoryakin @ 04/11/2016, 19:52*
If it is not there, then you can try to restart the router, it suddenly appears.

The hard drive (1T) does not appear, on standard firmware I saw it

* Rus-d666,
Linux does not support ntfs well. The disk can be formatted in FAT32 or EXT4, otherwise you will have to configure through the console. Enter everything in / etc / config / fstab yourself.

Try to stick a USB flash drive to check that everything else is in order.

Rep: (3)
LeonidKoryakin @ 04/13/2016, 8:00 p.m.*
Try to stick a USB flash drive to check that everything else is in order.

The flash drive is working

* Rus-d666,
Then install morentfs-3g Access the OpenWRT console using PuTTY, for example. Search online for how to run NTFS on OpenWRT. No matter which router, OpenWRT is the same everywhere. Linux Plug End Play only dreams, then everything needs to be done by yourself.

If your drive will not be permanently included in the router and will not be used anywhere else, then it can be formatted in EXT4, for example using pwfree9, but it will not be visible on a computer with windows. You can of course format it and FAT32 as a flash drive, but then you can’t write files larger than four gigabytes to it, this system does not support files larger than 4 gigabytes.

Huawei E3372s and E3372h (MTS 827F, 829F, Megaphone M150-2, Beeline E3372 / E3370) - Discussion (Post by LeonidKoryakin # 48823751)on this link, how to turn on a Huawei modem with HiLink firmware in the bridge and not lose access to the router.

Post has been editedLeonidKoryakin - 10.05.16, 06:49

Rep: (0)
Hello! Is it possible to flash router f @ st2804 v.7rev1 under openwrt or not?

* masimka555
If you find out what the processor is in it, then you can try to assemble the firmware.

You can try to fill in this. Only the native must be in case it does not work. It is restored by pressing and holding the reset button at the back. You must first press, then turn it on and wait 1.5 - 2 minutes until the power-on LED turns red. Then on the network card register the address 192.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0. Go to the router and from its menu flash the native firmware.

I tried to write the wrong image! And if I find out which processor you can build openwrt?

* masimka555 If this processor is in the OpenWRT project, then I will assemble it.

Looks like Broadcom 96318 there.

What's on the body label, after the letters HW: is it written?

Post has been editedLeonidKoryakin - 19.04.16, 16:25

Hw: 1704N_1864

Try thishttps://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm63xx/generic/openwrt-brcm63xx-generic-FAST2704N-squashfs-cfe.bin

Only prepare any original in case it does not start. The most important thing is that it turns on and you can at least go into the console.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 09:40