Chuwi HiBook - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 + Android 5.1 | 10.1 "| Cherry Trail Atom-x5

Rep: (828)
DiscussionChuwi HiBook
PictureHibook
Discussion пїЅ | Purchase and accessories пїЅ | A source of information
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications:
  • 10.1 "1920 x 1200 display.
  • Intel Cherry Trail Atom-x5 Z8300 (1.44 GHz (1.84 GHz TurboBoost)
  • RAM 4GB
  • ROM 64GB (eMMC)
  • USB Type-C Port. (The keyboard has two full-sized USB)
  • micro USB (OTG only)
  • Detachable keyboard. (sold separately)
  • Windows 10 / Android 5.1 Dual Boot.
  • 2.0MP / 5.0MP cameras
  • 6600mAh battery

Supports SD cards up to 128GB (verified)
Additional Information:
Tablet is not compatible with HiPen H1 and HiPen H2 styluses
Build - monolith; the case of the tablet and keyboard dock is made of aluminum; mount to dock-keyboard magnetic, tight, reliable; rear camera with autofocus; The screen is the best in its class, with good viewing angles and brightness margin (glass, the air gap between the screen and the touch is present, not OGS but infection is good, the glossy protective film is perfectly glued from the factory); the sound is also the best in its class - two loud, pure sounding stereo speakers placed on the tablet ends (in landscape orientation) are slightly lacking in bass, but taking into account the size of the speakers and the thickness of the case, it is expected; the sound in the headphones is simply excellent - loud, clear, no noise, deep and rich (tested on headphones Sennheiser CX300 II and Xiaomi Pistons II); the dock keyboard is equipped with two full-sized USB 2.0 ports (alas, low-power, hardware, with high current consumption, does not work, flash drives / mice, etc. - with a bang); The touchpad, on the keyboard, is not bad, it works out gestures and multicashes, but some users do not use gestures — you can disable it programmatically; WiFi does not shine with a range, the rtl8723bs chip hangs on the sdio port, the reason for not having a special range is the metal case - it can be solved by moving the antenna out of the limits of the case, while thinking out the ways of removal, the minus of the wifi module is that it works correctly, for example, bluetooth Mice and WiFi are practically not possible - the wifi and bluetooth chip is the same as the antenna (no different from the behavior of other tablets with this chip); The tablet is equipped with connectors: microSD, microHDMI, microUSB 2.0 (only OTG, charging and connecting to a PC is not supported), USB 3.0 Type-C (charging, pairing with a PC, OTG, has not bad load characteristics for load current, USB disk on 1TB spins up without problems) - the connector, being declared as USB 3.0, does not shine with a special speed, although you may need to dig into the BIOS, or specifically my adapter or USB flash drive "did not agree" with the port, you need more statistics; In sleep mode, from native charging, the tablet is fully charged in 3-3.5 hours.
additional information

The output of the ls -l / dev / block / by-name / command in the Android console.
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 Basic_data_partition ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p14
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 EFI_system_partition ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p12
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 Microsoft_reserved_partition ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p13
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_boot ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_bootloader ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_bootloader2 ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_cache ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_config ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p11
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_data ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p9
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_metadata ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_misc ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_persistent ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p10
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_recovery ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2016-04-26 21:41 android_system ->/ dev / block / mmcblk0p7

The internal structure of the tablet (photo)
Disassembly and repair dock keyboard.
Touchscreen Information
The default BIOS settings (in pictures)
Firmware / Instructions / Utilities:
For newcomers (Be sure to read!)
We have locked the Bootloader Android + applied protection against unauthorized changes to the system section called Verity Boot.
Intel driver for connecting the tablet (only in Android mode) to PC:Attached fileIntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.zip(8.9 MB)

PlatformFlash Tool Lite, download:https: //download.01.or...Lite_5.5.1.0_win32.exe
Source (English):https://01.org/android…atform-flash-tool-lite
For unlock, root, backup, use the Hibook-ToolBox from kostyamat
Bios
Attention, all manipulations on remaking BIOS perform ONLY with power from the PSU. Regardless of the state of charge of the battery.
UEFI-BIOS(not updated, current from factory)
Update UEFI-BIOS (fixes WiFi when software updates)Format the USB flash drive in FAT32, be sure to assign a name to the flash drive when formatting; copy the contents of the archive with the BIOS update to the root of the flash drive; Download the device from a flash drive; wait until the BIOS is completely finished; reboot the machine.
BIOS (not officially posted by the manufacturer ) Solving the problem of spontaneous shutdown / restart of the tablet.
Firmware, Utilities, Instructions
If the tablet does not turn onChuwi HiBook
Possible Solutionmemory card problems
Source of official (worldwide) firmware:http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1210-1-1.html
How to remove Windows, leave only Android.
Uninstall Android
SwitchNOW - utility for reboot in Android from under Windows

Android firmware
Windows images
Android instructions
Hibook-Toolbox by kostyamat(bootloader unlock, removal of the ban on changing the system partition, TWRP-Recovery)
Windows instructions
Porting firmware.
The results of previous surveys.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedstp101 - 04.08.18, 17:34
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (112)
I'm probably off topic, but can anyone know how to adequately adjust the scale in Windows and turn on acceleration in chrome?
In some applications, fonts float. Changing the scale of the special effect does not. Googled several ways, it only got worse.
comparison of IE and chromium
Attached Image

Rep: (1246)
Hello. Nobody checked whether this tablet supports USB host on USB Type C port? It supports micro-USB, checked, but for Type C I can not check - there are no flash drives with this connector at home, as well as adapters.

Rep: (102)
PikNic @ 05/31/2016, 1:13 PM*
Does this tablet support USB host on USB Type C port?

of course supports

* DMagister,
thank! Then another question - is it known, is it 2.0 or 3.0?

Rep: (102)
PikNic @ 05/31/2016, 2:14 PM*
Then another question - is it known, is it 2.0 or 3.0?

In general, support for usb 3.0 is mentioned in the BIOS, but the speeds that I got are more like 2.0.
but here I cannot say for sure what the matter is, either in the tablet itself, or in the adapter, or in what else.

whether in the adapter

It may well be - USB 3.0 requires additional contacts, which may not be.

RemixOS2.0 for Hibookbeta1 by kostyamat

Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk.

Attached Image

Pictures
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached fileRemixOS1.mp4(54.73 MB)

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/v3r9_Cpp33WAUz
Say thanks to the author. (clickable)

Based on the build B2016050501 for Teclast_X16Plus.
Changes:

• Slightly optimized. Losing a few hundred balls to the drain in Antutu, is subjectively much smoother.
  • Traditionally, for RemixOS, it uses the battery very economically.
  • The sound level is very high (even unnecessarily, I’m still looking for how to limit).KEEP your speakers and headphones.
  • Startup Script Supportinit.d (changed boot)
  • ROOT, SuperSu, busybox " from the box".
  • Implanted support for USB-GPS devices. (default settings for Ublox7 VK-172)
  • Main chip - I specifically wrote several demon scripts and put in the firmware binaries necessary for Android to mount USB flash drives, microSD, USB drives (disks even with multi-partitions) in file systems: FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, EXT4

Installation:
  • Before installing, you MUST update the UEFI-BIOS to the latest version, otherwise WiFi will not work. https://yadi.sk/d/8-TAJbg3sBE9e
  • Format the USB flash drive in FAT32, be sure to assign a name to the flash drive when formatting; copy the contents of the archive with the BIOS update to the root of the flash drive; Download the device from a flash drive; wait until the BIOS is completely finished; reboot the machine.
  • In TWRPMANDATORY Make a simple reset date (Just go to the "Cleaning" recovery point and pull the slider to the right.).
  • Install ZIP with firmware.
  • Reload the tablet to the system. The first launch can take up to 10 minutes. It will not be boring, but the botanimation is beautiful :)

Attention! No special wipe, somehow forced wipe system, data, cache DO NOT! Script installer will do everything himself!

Specificity: The firmware initially supports USB-GPS Ublox7 VK-172 (I have exactly this, therefore. By the way, I don’t recommend the whistle for the purchase - it’s not a fountain.) If you have another one, find the 00-mount script in /system/etc/init.d, and install the physical one in the first lines port and speed according to its GPS device. No additional settings will be needed anymore (provided that our kernel contains support for the serial bridge of your GPS, if not, then you are not lucky.). Hot connection, alas, is not supported. The GPS receiver must be connected before the Android boots up - this is how the GPS support library is arranged, and you can’t do anything without editing and recompiling the library.
In the firmware there is an application that creates an extended shutdown menu by the "Power" button, let it Override system power menu.
Also, in the firmware you will find two applications, one designed to calibrate your touch, and the second is designed to increase the responsiveness and sensitivity of the touch.
First,TouchRecalibrate - Run, press OK, put the tablet on the table and press Recalibration, do not touch the touch before the process is over. After that, the application can be removed.
Second oneTouchScreenBooster - run the application, from the Presets select Super Optimized, click Apply changes ..., check the Start service on boot box. I do not know, maybe this is a placebo affect, but it seems to work.

Test and otpisyvaemsya, do not forget to show gratitude. You are welcome! It is very difficult to do anything without feedback.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 14.12.16, 17:20

Put RemixOS. Just a fairy tale as for me. fat plus in turnip flew away. Not a single problem. everything is gorgeous. Smoothness above flow, usability too.

Otfotkal BIOS settings. Maybe someone will come in handy.https://yadi.sk/d/FFDkzhcnsDXrU

Post has been editedSlayer_b - 03.06.16, 00:44

* DMagister,
Okay, put hereExternal Keyboard Helper ProYes, and switch what and how you want.
The thing is broken, but I try not to push broken things into my firmware. I once zabugorniki for this hard shamed. Not hunting again substitute Slavs.

Rep: (28)
Seems to beat the problem of shutdowns under Windows without power. The problem seems to be in the screen covering the percent. On the battery side, the locks did not snap into place. And outwardly it is not visible. You just need to click on the screen to hear clicks. On the screen pasted heat-conducting gum on the body. Under the screen, something similar is also visible, but it looks like it had a bad contact with the screen from the inside. Now 28% is left - everything is stable.
entrails
Attached Image

Ssvet @ 06/06/2016, 03:55*
I have the same problem ...
Can you please read more? The disassembly process itself is also interesting.

Given the fact that for 2 days there was not a single outage - the problem is really in the discharge of heat from the processor.
Disassembly elementary. On 2 screws from two parties. Sucker on the screen closer to any corner. And pull the screen away from the metal cover in different directions to get a gap for the mediator (well, or a plastic card). Run around the perimeter by opening all the plastic clasps and remove the aluminum cover. In the photo from the previous post, a white square next to the battery power connector is a heat-conducting rubber for contact with the aluminum housing cover. they are glued to the metal screen under which the actual percent itself. The screen is mounted on metal latches around the perimeter. And from the side of the batteries, they turned out to be unlocked.

Rep: (176)
Simtropoliszero @ 06/06/2016, 07:15*
I just can’t remove the dual boot menu, after rebooting all the time I’m asking what to boot, and loading Windows, since there’s nothing else.

The solution to your problem ishere

Maybe someone will help. If someone, as I had, in the same room with the router the antenna is not completely filled - this is not normal! The speed of the tablet specifically cuts, but the quality of the connection should not be much worse than that of other devices. Today again dismantled. All connectors are taped there to eliminate vibrations. The connector with the antenna cable was so flooded that the connector was practically not stuck but glued, and it was crooked. The central vein did not seem to work. Cleaned, stuck. Signal reception improved dramatically.

* alex2009_a,
I'm not special of course, but I will try to answer some points.

alex2009_a @ 06/08/2016, 10:16*
1. In Firefoxe, Chuwi slows down Youtube even on 360p, not to mention full-screen viewing (ibid. Try to update the driver, but it hardly helps)
2.Chuwi is heavier

1. problama firefox, chrome, vivaldi, opera, etc., they do not know how to properly use hardware acceleration z8300. Run MS EDGE and see all the power of this device on the web. The difference is simply colossal compared to FF \ Chrome etc
2. metal case makes itself felt

alex2009_a @ 06/08/2016, 10:16*
For an undemanding and unhurried office user, it will probably go in a constantly on mode.

I do not know what the requirements of undemanding office dudes are, but for me, for example, as a web developer, the tablet came up. Without special problems (not counting the long first boot), MS Visual studio 2015 with a bunch of installed add-ons. My node.js project digested light. Video 4k and 8k through the Windows player plays 5+, any YouTube and other FHDs are also without problems in MS EDGE. So either you have a device that is too thoughtful, or the requirements for it are too high, although I have a desktop 8-core with 32 GB of RAM and a game graphics card, I used to have everything on it, but when I switch to I do not feel discomfort tablet. No optimizations done. Everything is in the same condition as I came from China. Yesterday I rolled out a clean image of W10 from scratch, let's see what happens.

kostyamat @ 06/08/2016, 03:18*
and where is the antenna there, at least approximately? And how it seemed to you, completely bullshit or more or less?

The antenna is not visible, it is from the side of the screen. To understand what it looks like you need to further disassemble. located to the left of the front camera.
Catching no worse than my Sonya. (smartphone). The speed cuts times in 3. I checked at home and at work But here there are already questions not about the antenna but about the chip.
UPD
Attached Image

Showed where what. Honestly, a short-circuit on the antenna between the central residential and the screen (2 solder points) was strained. I forgot to try on the board. There is an option that Krivoruk Chinese solder the insulation on the central core burned. In general, on the weekend if I do not go anywhere, I will disassemble it. Maybe in vain I drive on the chip.

Post has been editedSinner777 - 08.06.16, 12:33

Rep: (25)
They brought the subject in the state of a brick, reinstalled the Windows like this because of a non-working touchpad (this later turned out to be true). I flashed the BIOS with the programmer, the tablet started up, rolled up the Windows. When you connect the keyboard (docking station), it constantly reconnects and the touchpad does not work. With the keyboard off, everything works perfectly as a tablet.
To disassemble the keyboard it is necessary to peel off the bottom four rubber feet and on top only two rubber nipples that are in the corners, under them there are 2 screws each. Next, carefully follow the contour to unlock the latches. Inside, everything is fixed with several screws and melted to a glued plastic frame. The touchpad itself without "surgical intervention" is not possible to remove.
I tried to connect a keyboard without a touchpad - everything works fine. Ie in this case, the touchpad is faulty. I dig further, but it is doubtful that it will give in to repair.
Later, lay out a photo if anyone should be.

Rep: (23)
I understand that I can’t wait for an answer, then ask a direct question who can measure the dimensions of the docking station, the mount to the tablet, the distance between the mountings and the distance between the connectors and the mountings

Rep: (2)
* Foxpire,

the distance from the mount to the first contact is 60mm (on both sides), the size of the mountings is 12mm, between the mountings is 130mm, the contacts themselves (between the outermost contacts) are 11mm. Accuracy + -1mm (ruler, not a caliper).

The docking station itself is 167 * 262 (taking into account the bend) here the error can be more because there are rounding.

P.S. You then at least write off fit or not. Suddenly the question will repeat.

Post has been editedNail45 - 08.06.16, 17:06

Rep: (25)
In continuationpost about the malfunction of the touchpad on the keyboardI post pictures:

the places in which there are screws
Attached Image

Attached Image

keyboard with the bottom cover removed
there was a need to cut the zaplavlennye plastic legs to remove a large metal frame
Attached Image

USB hub board
Attached Image

view of the keyboard with the dismantled metal frame
Attached Image

After inspecting all the connectors, straightening all cables and cables, cleaning out excess glue in the connectors themselves, restoring earth contacts, the touchpad worked fine. The keyboard is assembled, the iron frame is secured with screws, there even places are reserved for them. Now both the keyboard and touchpad work fine. I did not have time to find out 100% of the reason, because I did not even take measurements, but at first I carried out the necessary actions in such cases.

* Nail45,
yes there is no need to be a programmer. After changing the keys select them, click the right button and export to a file. You give this file to anyone, it is imported by double click.

As for broken pixels, by the way, I remember reading a dock for a long time that broken pixels, if their number is below a certain threshold, and not a marriage at all. I do not remember the threshold, it seems like the total number of pixels of the matrix depends.

Yesterday at the second attempt I installed Windows completely from the MSDN image.
Here is my little experience, it may be useful to someone.
1. You should not use low-speed hubs to connect a flash drive, because the installation will drag on the clock.
2. Do not try to install using usb type C as a host for a flash drive. In this scenario, my BSOD was stable during the initialization of the installation
3. You should not try to install drivers from the archive "Official Windows drivers (full-fledged, with installer)" after installation, because there isn’t everything and in the best case devices will be broken. familiar in the device manager. I ran into it, had to reinstall.
4. At the stage of installing drivers from the backup, when the main firewood has already been delivered and it is the turn to put everything else in a random order, it is better to install "rtii2sac.inf" last, after installing the device, the device hangs tight, only the mouse cursor reacts, reboot through The power button leads to the subsequent loading of Windows into recovery mode. The ideal option is to write "shutdown / r / f / t 60" on the command line and only then install this driver. This way we’ll protect yourself from hanging up. The system will reboot in a regular way a minute after the command is executed.
5. The video adapter driver can be updated using standard tools through the device manager.

Of the minuses: Now when downloading Remix OS, the inscription "Unknown oneshot boot target: 'Received ACTION_REBOOT broadcast'" appears, but everything is fine loading and running

The result is very smart work, the absence of artifacts on animated elements, the complete absence of hieroglyphs, +1 GB on the hard disk by deleting the recovery partition.

paranoik0007 @ 06/09/2016 20:30*
In drivers with installers for Windows 10, there is a CM3218x SPB Driver 1.1.6.0 with Installer - Windows 10 x64 Signed, which in turn is password protected.
Are there any people who put these drivers?

Specifically, this driver lighting sensor. I also noticed that the archive was encrypted when I tried to install this packet of drivers.

Post has been editedSlayer_b - 09.06.16, 23:50

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 13:18