THEME IS CLOSED
> Problem with PS3 SuperSlim500 image on PC monitor.
laplacenoma
Message#1
21.03.16, 18:11
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 30.07.13

Hello!

To begin with, I would like to say this: naturally, I can lose sight of some very obvious thing. Perhaps the answer is right before your eyes. But, nevertheless, I beg you not to do what many people do in all kinds of near-PSN forums, discarding my words that I am not an idiot, and I have tried obvious things. The problem is really very, very strange, and it was not possible to solve it by “standard” things. I have spent more than one day in Google, on forums, playing with combinations of settings, and most of the "first come to mind" ideas have already been tried.

Actually, I bought the console 3 years ago for Last of Us. It was very hard for me to play, because this problem was already there. There was no TV at home (and, in general, just for the sake of the console, I didn’t want to buy it), or any other device in which you can plug an HDMI / DVI cable and request not just 1080p, but at least 720p. My monitor is gaming, Benq XL2420T. I will make a reservation right away - google my own problem, I did come across a rather considerable number of mentions of the Benq XL series monitors; but this, nevertheless, does not prove a direct connection with the problem. In the end, there I also found people who claimed that they had no problems with the same monitors.

What is the problem: the problem has two parts, but it seems to me that their legs grow from one place. The first is very strange shadows. Below I show the video, you will see everything. The second problem, in my opinion, grows out of the first, and its essence is as follows: when the scene is in motion, or on the screen are quite large objects (including the character's face) - everything looks like a candy. It is necessary to move away from the wall and allow the camera to drive off to a standard distance - the character instead of face, hair and detail, there is some kind of incredible pixel porridge that resembles playing with PS1. Yes, not even PS2, but something in the spirit of the angular freaks in Resident Evil 2/3.

Yes, the most important thing is that now we are talking, first of all, about 720p games. In Last of Us, wire-lattice fences that floated on the entire monitor with floating black / white stripes looked the worst of all; now I'm trying to play Demon's Souls - there are problems almost at every turn.

The monitor has two options for presenting a 720p picture: "1: 1" and "Full screen". In "1: 1" the picture is small, in the center of the monitor with black stripes around. In size, it occupies, as it should, about half the area of ​​the monitor. In Full screen, all this pixellation and 'jaggies' become completely unbearable.

I played with all the settings in Game, Video, Display and System (HDMI Control). I tried different combinations. In the monitor I tried all the combinations of my own pieces, different modes - with and without the black equalizer, with different combinations. I tried to calibrate the monitor with different available scales (in the standard) and on the basis of other preset modes. Tried with dynamic contrast, tried different Sharpness. These tests allowed to slightly change the appearance of the picture, with the result that some examples of the problem became slightly less noticeable, and some more. But none of the options can even be called a “solution”.

Yes, there is still an important point: I do not consider all this from an absolutist point of view, so please do not tell me something in the spirit of "well, but what did you expect from playing the PS3 of 2011". I expected what can be seen in any review of the game (especially sad are the reviews that Demon Souls is more beautiful than Dark Souls - in my experience, these two games can be compared to 'Play on NES vs Play on SNES' - in favor of Dark Souls) That can be seen in a bunch of years on the YouTube. I understand that capture cards are not the monitor itself, but still - even deploying compressed YouTube video on my monitor to a full-fledged 1920x1080, I see a picture hundreds of times smoother than playing itself.

And here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdGvwfPZBkU

Important points:
0: 08-0: 12 - problems with the shadows that I talked about are clearly visible. Shield, sword. In addition, the measured swinging of the character in a "state of rest" causes a very noticeable effect on smooth lines, especially on the helmet (http://i.imgur.com/VaDDLPG.png).The same effect on smaller parts (like the same wire fences in Last of As) is just an explosion of eyeballs.

0: 20-0: 21 - the problem with the shield and the “driving” ladder on the armor plate on the back of the character are clearly visible.

1: 00-1: 05 - you can clearly see how much better things get when the object is closer to the camera. In the area of ​​1:12 everything looks altogether quite tolerant, and if the whole game looked like that, then at least it still does not reach the level of the gameplay on YouTube, so it would be possible to play already.

1: 25-1: 35 - white lines are clearly visible on the folds of armor. The same problem as with fences.

Then one big problem - the face and hair of the character. When it is close, everything is tolerated. It is worth a little distance - hello, PS1.

2:11 - switching to the "1: 1" mode and back.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but you understand me - very, very tired to fight for the opportunity to play well. I have enough of the fact that the game itself is not the most simple and gentle nerves, and here it’s also ... I really hope that someone can imagine what and how you can do with it, where to dig and so on.

Well, yes, there is one important question: what is the probability that the problem is in SuperSlim and / or in the disk (disk game, without installation)? Could it be that, in despair, I would buy a TV set from grief, and decide to jump off the roof, seeing the same ladder and on it?
cooler.nvkz
Message#2
21.03.16, 18:38
PSx Maniac
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 15058
Check in: 02.07.06
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4/64

let's guess: before that you played on a computer for a piece and a half green? even when the dollar was still 30p ... so? and here for 150 bucks I bought a console, which is already 10 years on the market, and you demand from it a 2016 graphics? I'm afraid you even next gen will not help ... only the computer for two or three pieces of green ....

--------------------
PSP Slim & Lite 2001
PS3 Slim 320GbCustom fw
PS3 SuperSlim 500GbOfficial fw
laplacenoma
Message#3
21.03.16, 19:42
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 30.07.13

cooler.nvkz @ 03/21/2016, 18:38*
let's guess: before that you played on a computer for a piece and a half green? even when the dollar was still 30p ... so? and here for 150 bucks I bought a console, which is already 10 years on the market, and you demand from it a 2016 graphics? I'm afraid you even next gen will not help ... only the computer for two or three pieces of green ....

Did not guess. If you are too lazy to read the wall of the text - why bother to go into the topic at all and answer something in it by reading only the title? For people who have read the post completely, these things look at least ridiculous then. Here is an excerpt from the post:

Yes, there is still an important point: I do not consider all this from an absolutist point of view, so please do not tell me something in the spirit of "well, but what did you expect from playing the PS3 of 2011". I expected what can be seen in any review of the game (especially sad are the reviews that Demon Souls is more beautiful than Dark Souls - in my experience, these two games can be compared to 'Play on NES vs Play on SNES' - in favor of Dark Souls) That can be seen in a bunch of years on the YouTube. I understand that capture cards are not the monitor itself, but still - even deploying compressed YouTube video on my monitor to a full-fledged 1920x1080, I see a picture hundreds of times smoother than playing itself.
set48
Message#4
21.03.16, 21:22
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 6332
Check in: 03.08.13
Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10

Well sobsno on this video is difficult to feel the problem, because. there may be a reason for this optimization curve.
It would be more interesting to look at the example of One of us.
Well, I would like to know what is being done in the video settings on the console ...

--------------------

������� -> ��� ���-�� ��� ������ ���� ����������� -> ���� download

Dyuss
Message#5
22.03.16, 02:48
Gunfighter
[offline]

Messages 14038
Check in: 17.04.08
Apple iPad Pro 10.5 Wi-Fi

I read the post to the end. : D
How can you judge the graphics by the rendered and compressed video from youtube ??
The console itself does not cut graphics. Monitor graphics does not cut. Youtube graphics cuts. Eyes cut graphics.
From all this we conclude: take the console to a friend and watch on his TV! This time.
Chatter without screenshots is nothing more than talk about the eternal. These are two.

Post has been editedDyuss - 22.03.16, 02:48
cooler.nvkz
Message#6
22.03.16, 05:18
PSx Maniac
[offline]

Messages 15058
Check in: 02.07.06
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4/64

Laplacenoma @ 03/21/2016, 11:42 PM*
If you are too lazy to read the wall of the text - why bother to go into the topic at all and answer something in it by reading only the title?

you won't believe it, but I read it .... and I saw a whining that there is no smoothing, that everything is diced due to the low resolution ...

Laplacenoma @ 03/21/2016, 10:11*
, but still - even unwrapping a compressed YouTube video on my monitor to a full-fledged 1920x1080, I see a picture hundreds of times smoother than playing myself.

YouTube strongly shakes the video .... Compression = loss of definition = bad / poorly smooths the picture ...

please do not tell me something in the spirit of "well, but what did you expect from playing the PS3 2011"

I still repeat once again - the prefix of 2006 and there is no hardware anti-aliasing on it .... game of 2011 and many developers did not suffer from licking the engine so that everything looked super ... yes, even the last games with an optimized engine under PS3 A PC can only be estimated at 2-3 out of 10 .... and most of it is due to the lack of smoothing ....

Laplacenoma @ 03/21/2016, 11:42 PM*
Did not guess.

Strange, but according to the feelings of the abovementioned - that's exactly what it is ....

It is worth a little distance - hello, PS1.

did you play PS1 games on the same monitor? for curiosity, you can play on PS3 at least an hour in 576p (or even 576i if the monitor understands the interlaced scan) - and then it will be much better than graphics on PS1 ....

Post has been editedcooler.nvkz - 22.03.16, 05:19

--------------------
PSP Slim & Lite 2001
PS3 Slim 320GbCustom fw
PS3 SuperSlim 500GbOfficial fw
Dyuss
Message#7
20.10.16, 18:43
Gunfighter
[offline]

Messages 14038