> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Marriage and repair Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | Smartphone 5.5

Rep: (1010)
Marriage and RepairSamsung Galaxy S7 Edge
PictureSM-G935F
Description пїЅ| Discussion пїЅ | S7 talk пїЅ| Camera talk пїЅ| Official firmware (OS 6.0.1) пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ

• Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Marriage (manufacturing defect) is a product that does not meet the quality standards, specifications and other regulatory and technical documentation, which was adopted by the country's legislation, technological rules of the enterprise or other similar regulatory documents.

Marriage
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMgalex - 20.11.18, 11:43
Reason for editing: Samsung S7 EDGE battery diagnostics

Rep: (13)
So, let's start?
I read what problems people have, and I marvel!
The screen turns pink, the camera is shifted, dust particles, villi, cracks ...
This is all bullshit compared to my problem.
In the evening of March 18, the power button began to stick. After pressing, it does not return to its original position. There is a kind of long press and the phone instead of turning off the screen offers to turn off or restart the device.
Later there was a problem with the volume down button. Very, very tight pressed. He comes back hard. The volume up button works perfectly. Easy to press, easy to go back.
The problem is floating, it appears, then disappears. Depending on the load, heating of the processor or the battery is not found. Even in my opinion, on the contrary, after heating the device and repeatedly pressing the buttons, it becomes a little easier. But if the phone lies for some time without pressing a button and the situation repeats.
There is an assumption that glue got into the mechanism at the time of gluing the rear window. Or protection against water ingress is so poorly organized.
Here is such a marriage. And you have all this nonsense!
On Mon I’ll carry the Samsung store to the company store. Let's see what they say.
P.S. Also, in the first device I examined, there was a defect in painting the aluminum frame. It looked like a light gray dot. So carefully check the quality of the color of aluminum.

Rep: (1)
When I purchased this smartphone while still in the store, I found that the rear window on the left side does not fit snugly on the frame and slightly sticks out. As soon as I showed it to the seller, I answered that it’s the same trifles, and carried it to the service center, to show the masters (since they were outside the next door). The masters shrugged. I demanded to exchange for another, which I was told that they have no more in stock. I refused the purchase and they immediately brought out a new one. The latter turned out to be ideal. So look carefully before buying. Even the masters did not deny that water could get there, and then it will be your problems.

Rep: (0)
And I found a strip of glue from the edge under the glass of the rear camera. Found in a day. Wrote a refund application. For this amount, the jambs are unforgivable ...

Indeed, the screen is pinking from the right edge ... But already, it seems, I'm used to it :))

It disturbs me that the signal reception scale on the phone is 1-2 divisions, although I am in Moscow. The Internet is working fine, when you call the scale rises to 4, they hear me too well. Is that all?

Rep: (1)
Small fragments appear on my frame around the camera. although it may have been so! I wear very carefully I do not even understand what they are from!

Sluchay @ 03/20/2016, 13:50*
It disturbs me that the signal reception scale on the phone is 1-2 divisions, although I am in Moscow. The Internet is working fine, when you call the scale rises to 4, they hear me too well. Is that all?

I have exactly the same thing. It does not bother, since there are no problems with communication. It seems to me that the signal level is 1-2 divisions, because the 4G communication level is displayed. When switching to 3G mode - 3 divisions, 2G - 4 divisions (maximum). Beeline operator.

Addition on sticky buttons. There seems to be some kind of temperature dependence. You put the phone in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, take it out, put it on the table, wait 5 minutes and the volume down button is pressed very tightly, the power button sticks.

Even when you turn on the speakerphone, you have to hold the phone with a microphone 10-15 cm from your mouth. Otherwise, the interlocutors complain that it is hard to hear.

Post has been editedlegend - 20.03.16, 18:19

Rep: (10)
I look, in the "discussion" about marriage more is written than here. It is impossible to understand what percentage of people are dissatisfied with a purchase in the Russian Federation. :(

Rep: (223)
Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are defective! Be careful when buying.

Many samples of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, brought to Russia, have a paint defect, about 1 mm in size, at the Home button. At the same time, most smartphones have a gap between the metal frame and the rear window that is noticeable to the human eye. A nail fits easily there. Some samples have large slots near the volume buttons. All this only says that more than half of South Korean smartphones are sold defectively.

Rep: (61)
* drnik976,
More than a half???
Ooh.
See they do not have)

Rep: (35)
If you created the topic "marriage", then I’ll duplicate my message here too ...

the smartphone does not charge from the charger, in some cases the charging indicator (lightning) is displayed, but the percentage of the battery does not change, that is, when the smartphone is connected to the charger (hereinafter referred to as memory) 50% of the charge may be displayed and this indicator does not change throughout the whole time, if the smartphone is restarted, then the% of the charge can change either up or down, for example 31% or 87% immediately after a reboot. In rare cases, when the smartphone is charged, it can be observed an increase in the percentage of the battery, however, after a short time, the charge ceases to increase and remains unchanged. Several original Samsung memories were tried, as well as a complete reset of all settings, this did not work.

I bought the s7 edge in Moscow on March 18 at the start of sales, it was assembled well.

BUT...
I put the phone on charge, after 10-15 minutes I took it and turned it off (the screen went out)
It does not turn on, I take out the charge, reconnect it shows 100%, it turned on only on charging, a hard reboot from the 5th time helped. This is tin.
I take off the charge, and the brick is cut down again. Hard reset only
He also turns off in his pocket.
Tomorrow I’ll go change, I called they say they will replace me, check and box with me

Rep: (8)

Near the sound buttons and the power button (as described above) there are visible gaps, inside you can even see some white stripes. If you enlarge the image, it is clearly visible

Post has been editedbloodder - 21.03.16, 08:42

* bloodder Listen, I didn’t notice the same topic at first ... Maybe this is normal?

Jackassic @ 03/21/2016, 09:23*
bloodder, Listen, the same topic, at first I did not notice ... Maybe this is normal?

assembly defect it .. 1 remove from the link.

Today I’ll go to the Samsung store, on the way I’ll look at other samples in other stores, if I myself see that they are completely monolithic and do not have this defect, most likely I will return the device, offensively, of course, for such dibs and such problems.

Post has been editedbloodder - 21.03.16, 09:39

Guys, in general, with what width of the gap between the glass and the frame can be considered a marriage? I will not give a photo, it is not visible there.
And then on my device the ends are visible and slightly cling to the nail (especially noticeable in the bends) and a thin album sheet (in thickness) passes.
Here I compare with the + hedgehog (still left), so everything is smooth on it, already unpleasant for the 7th. One monolith, the second with slots :(
P.S. Clearances are not on all edges, but on both windows.
P.P.S. Do not affect the water resistance, bathed 20 minutes. Pure psychology, so that it.

Post has been editedV_2540 - 21.03.16, 15:11

I went to the Samsung official store on Skhodnenskaya, where I bought a phone.
The service department recognized the situation with sticky buttons described above as marriage and almost without looking changed it to another device.
There are no gaps on the case, the aluminum frame is painted well.
The second device turned out to be with a different camera module. The first was Sony, here Samsung. So far, I have not noticed a difference in work. The lenses of the modules vary in color. Samsung has a purple lens, Sony has a gray-green.
I'm testing further ...

In general, I felt 5 devices in 2 stores, I didn’t notice such a gap, on a 2 gold test in mts I’m completely monolithic, the guys from the Samsung store were also surprised, they said it’s like there can be no problems because of this, but if it’s direct annoying, then you need to go to the service center for a conclusion ..

Rep: (2)
Hello. There is wireless charging from the LG G3. Galaxy S6 is charging from it, but the S7 edge does not want to. Maybe what you need to include in the settings? Or is this a defect?

2igorevd I have a proprietary one from Sams, on it both C6, Edge + and 7th Edge work fine, so there are two options. Either check for another one, or the induction module is not in order.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/14/19, 03:39