> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-G930F Galaxy S7 - Official firmware

Rep: (2274)
Samsung SM-G930F Galaxy S7 - Official firmware
PictureSM-G930F, herolte, flat
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase S7 / S7 Edge пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Official firmware SM-G930F / FD пїЅ | Firmware for SM-G930V / VL / U / W8 / S / K / L / 8/9/0 / AZ / P / T / T1 / R / R4 / R6 / R7 / A / I / G пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | AOSP firmware (LineageOS, RR, etc.) пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modems and communication пїЅ | Discussion camera S7 / S7 Edge пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | S7 / S7 Edge Owners Club пїЅ | Google Account Bypass (FRP) Ways пїЅ | Related Topics

Important information!

This topic discusses the processes of flashing both over the air (FOTA), and using the ODIN tools of the SM-G930F / SM-G930FD smartphone (the firmware for these devices is the same), the problems of specific official firmware, their flaws, and other issues related to the firmware, as well as questions on installing TWRP and getting ROOT rights. For other questions there are relevant topics, navigator on related topics of the device in the header

ATTENTION!With tickedKnox(after rutting / installing custom) you will not be able to use Samsung Pay!

Drivers and Utilities
Firmware
Sammobile | Samsung Updates | Samsung-firmware | LIVE SAMSUNG UPDATES | Updato | Samsungbay

Legend:
Firmware version | Compilation date | Change List Number | Region (Index)
8.0 Oreo

7.0 Nougat
screenshots from SW. armagig and overview from SW. Galaxy / nexus

6.0.1 Marshmallow
Files for Odin` from firmware

How to decode the firmware number for our device
Modems
6.0.1BPJJ | BPL6
7.0 ZPK1 | DQA3 | DQAB, DQAF, DQAK | DQB1 | DQB3 | Dqbh | Dqbi | DQC2 | DQC8 | DQCA | DQCE | DQCG | DQCH | DQD2 | DQD7 | DQD8 | DQE3 | DQE7 | DQE8 | DQEF | DQEM | DQER | DQEX | DQF1 | DQF2 | DQF3 | DQF4 | DQF5 | DQFD | DQG2, DQG3, DQGA, DQH6, DQHD | Dqhy | DQH9 | DQIA | DQFI | DQIC | Dqib | Dqig | DQIL | DQJ1 | DQK2 | DQL8 | DRA5 | DRA2 DRA3 DRA6 DRA7
Modems2nd version (after installing them Return to modem version 1 is not possible ): 2DRA9 2DRAG 2DRAD 2DRAH 2DRAC 2DRAE 2DRA7 2DRB6 2DRAR 2DRC7
8.0 Android Modems 2, 3 and 4th version ( Return to previous (from 3rd to 2nd and lower, from 4th to 3rd and lower) versions of modems is impossible )
Instructions
ROOT / Recovery
miscellanea
FAQ - (question / answer)
Q = Question
A = Answer

Q: I'm new, confused in terminology. Where to read?
A: Glossary

Q: Is any firmware from this theme right for me?
A: Yes, provided that in the firmware mode (Odin Mode), the SM-G930F model is indicated in the Product Name line.

Q: Is the firmware for SM-G930F on SM-G930FD suitable?
A: Yes! The last letter "D" in the model numbering means support for 2 SIM cards (eng: DUOS, Dual SIM), but both models contain 1 radio module, respectively, the firmware is fully compatible with each other.

Q: Where to read about the changes in the new firmware?
A: Samsung never publishes a list of changes

Q: How do I know which firmware I have installed?
A: Go to Settings - About device - Software details - Build number. The index after the point - this is the firmware version (what is written in the “Firmware version” line is actually a version of the modem, these are translation costs).

Q: How to find out the region of the firmware?
A: Phone INFO Samsung(orhere), tab "Information about CSC" or dial * # 1234 #
More details:Regional CSC Code

Q: Will the firmware region change if the firmware with the SER region is installed on the device with the SEK, SKZ, CAC, CAU region?
A: Will not change. Detailshere

Q: Is it possible to roll back from Android 7 to 6.0.1 (from 8 to 7)?
A: Possible byinstructionsand only with data reset. (An important note is that on the devices on which Android 7 was originally installed, a full rollback is impossible on the 6th Android (the camera does not work.) Moreover, with the advent of firmware with the 2nd version of the bootloader and the 2nd version of the modem, such a rollback more problematic. Returning from Android 8 to Android 7 is possible only on firmware with 2nd bootloader and version 2 of the modem (in fact, only on G930FXXU2DRC4). With the advent of the same firmware with version 3, the bootloader makes a return from such firmware for previous versions of Android is almost impossible.

Q: FOTA update downloaded, but I do not want to update, how to remove it and no longer receive it?
A: Flash separately another modem. If the modem is satisfied and there is no desire to change, then flash HOME_CSC separately (without data reset) from the previous firmware version of your region. Cleaning from the downloaded update will occur automatically when checking for an update with modified firmware data. You can return the correct update check by flashing the separately replaced file with the complete current firmware version.

Q: When does it work and is it possible to reset the KNOX flag?
A: There is no method for zeroing at the moment. Other details inFAQ on KNOX

Q: Does triggering the KNOX (0x1) flag affect the failure of warranty repairs?
A: Affect, but not in all cases.Details

Q: What is recovery is not seandroid enforcing (or kernel is not seandroid enforcing)?
A: recovery (kernel) is not seandroid enforcing - this is an inscription-satellite of custom recovery (kernels). It is normal and should be.

Q:How to enter recovery mode?
A: Turn off the device, and simultaneously press the volume button up + the central button + power button, the image of the robot will appear, then the image of the fallen robot (this is normal in this case) and then a list of options will appear.

Q:How to enter the firmware mode (download)?
A: Turn off the device, and at the same time press the volume down button + central button + power button, then the volume up button. Exit (if necessary) - long hold the volume down button and the power button.

Q:Do I need to calibrate the battery after installing the firmware?
A: Not! It is a myth!

Survey Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Topics Curatordiaser . For all questions and suggestions for filling the topic header, please contact QMS

Post has been editeddiaser - 20.05.19, 17:58
Reason for editing: Clarification about the posting pattern with the firmware under the spoiler "Important Information"

Rut for Samsung SM-G930F Galaxy S7

The firmware will change the status of the KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1!

I am not responsible for the bricks! You do everything at your own peril and risk!

What is Root for Android

In order for the / data partition to be mounted, TWRP needs to format it after all the steps done!

What you need:

1. MicroSD or ADB Sideload memory card
2. The included OEM unlock / item is in the menu "For Developers" / (Look for the word OEM and do not miss), for this you need to unlock the menu "For Developers" (This can be done in the Settings section>About the device and tapknut seven times on the "Build number", you will write "Developer options are included!" (or something similar)
3. Installed USB Driver on PC. You can get it by installing Samsung Smart Swith ( download ), and restart after installation
4. Odin 3.10.7.x
5. TWRP Recovery (.tar): Attached filetwrp-3.0.0-1-herolte.tar.md5 (36.66 MB)
or fromoff repository
6. Archive with SuperSU (.zip): Attached fileBETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503 (1) .zip (4.11 MB)

Instruction:

1. Copy archive BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503 (1) .zip to memory card (microSD)
2. Run Odin (the phone must be in download mode ("Volume -", "Home" and "Power"), as with firmware) and in the field "AP" select the previously downloaded TWRP, click "Start" to start the firmware
*** ATTENTION ***
Disable Auto-Reboot otherwise it will be Bootloop !!!
3. When the firmware of your smartphone is complete and you should hold down the “Volume -” and the “Power” button for about 10 seconds and the smart will restart
*** ATTENTION ***
When the screen turns black, even before the Samsung logo appears, pressIMMEDIATELY "Volume +", "Home" and "Power" at the same time for loading into Recovery.
4. You are in TWRP Recovery
*** ATTENTION ***
You can now make changes to the system! Be careful, do something wrong, get a BOOTLOOP! If you have a notification about an unknown / damaged file system, do not touch anything! Just pull the blue slider with the picture (>>>) right! (see screen)
Screen
Attached Image

5. Now you have access to mount the memory card (Micro SD)!
5.1. Go to the [Wipe] section ->[Format Data] (not advanced wipe) ->Click "yes". / ATTENTION: If you do Wipe, please note the following - it clears the Internal Storage (INT-SD), disables encryption and makes a Full Reset! /
5.2. Go to the [Reboot] section ->[Recovery]
5.3. Download the archive to clean up the Kernel DN Verification: (You can upload it to your phone without leaving Recovery (via MTP)) Attached fileno-verity-opt-encrypt.zip (420.51 KB)

5.4. Flash it!
5.5. Flash archive BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503 (1) .zip
6. After flashing the archive, reboot using [Reboot] ->[System]!
7. Done!

Congratulations on getting the root!
Picture

Post has been editedAleks.74 - 22.10.16, 14:54
Reason for editing: In the header.

Rep: (2320)
M
Moved to subsectionSamsung
A fruitful discussion.

Post has been editeddevserg - 13.03.16, 20:47

Rep: (41)
Tell me, in 6.0.1 is it possible to write files to MicroSD from third-party applications without root?

Rep: (1497)
In 6.0.1, is it possible to write files to MicroSD from third-party applications without root?

There is the possibility of combining internal and external memory

* = AVS =,
Well, I heard about it. Ie, as in 5.0 there is no possibility of recording without root. I am weighing all the pros and cons of putting the root immediately after the purchase of the 18th of s7. Immediately I do not want to lose the guarantee

Rep: (186)
Ie, as in 5.0 there is no possibility of recording without root

You have been told above how to do without a root, and you are again about yours.

Post has been editedatte - 14.03.16, 12:16

Rep: (16)
atte @ 03/14/2016, 12:15*
You have been told above how to do without a root, and you are again about yours.

= AVS = 03.03.2016, 11:29*
There is the possibility of combining internal and external memory

according tothis newsthere is no join support
but fromhere is this newslink with description how to enable merge does not open

so if anyone knows how to combine storage - please describe

* IRONer,
Link opens. Description in English

Posted on 03/14/2016 13:48:

* atte,
I tmel in view of without a root, but that there should be an internal memory and a card separately
* bullik01,
In step 3 of the instruction, after the TWRP firmware, if you hold the "Power" button without loudness, what happens to the smart? Will it not turn off just? Then go from the off state to the recovery

Post has been editedAleks.74 - 22.10.16, 14:56
Reason for editing: Combined two posts.

what will happen with smart Will it not turn off just?

Yeah, but there is still a chance to get a bootlap (it’s not just the way you uncheck "Auto-Reboot") ...

Chainfire Auto-Root -Download (SM-930F)(for firmwareG930FXXU1APBF / data from the site Chainfire)
Don't forget about the OEM unlock! ;)
Set via the "PDA" ("AP") button in the "Download" mode (combining the Volume "-", Home, Power)
Picture

Post has been editedAleks.74 - 22.09.16, 13:46
Reason for editing: In the header.

Judging by the instructions on Chainfire Auto-Root in English, I realized that if the bootloader is locked, the smart will turn into a brick. Those. You need to unlock the OEM in the developer settings. Plus, after the firmware, the smart should reboot into recovery. So in Odin should be a jackdaw on auto restart. Right?

Rep: (949)
How to get Ruut on S7 G930F (Exynos) version.By the way, on Snap-e, while Rutting is impossible

Rep: (2)
Gentlemen, could you comment on the video from YouTube? Does the phone get a root without losing the warranty?
https://youtu.be/8E22XEelTIw

Thank you in advance!

* Nancy no video shows how UNROOT can be made (su binary is already in the system, i.e. the phone was previously rutted) on S7 / S7Edge

But is the counter still ticking?

* Nancy when he received the root has already passed to the state of 0x1

Rep: (0)
Nancy, he, upon receiving the root, has already passed into the state of 0x1

in the same place the root was made kingo root. su is not there at all. And in the video, Knox is not ticking, of course, the guarantee remains.

And how does this method differ from the standard one, which is with super su?

Rep: (186)
su is not there at all

And what is there then?

Do not consider me as a blonde, but please explain. Tomorrow, like many of you, I will have c7. The task is simple. It is necessary to transfer application data from c6 to c7. Accordingly, you need a root. Having read the cap, I realized that there is no way to get the root without ticking the counter. Or you can still do it like in the video, so that the root is and the guarantee remains?

Post has been editedNancy - 17.03.16, 12:48

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/25/19 5:51 PM