25 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Lenovo IdeaCentre Stick 300 - Discussion | TV Stick on Intel Atom Quad-Core Z3735F processor
geritch
Message#1
08.03.16, 21:17
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3768
Check in: 12.03.06
Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos

DiscussionLenovo IdeaCentre Stick 300
TV Stick on Intel Atom Quad-Core Z3735F processor
Discussion »

Specifications
Processor: IntelВ® Atom в„ў Processor Z3735F (2M Cache, up to 1.83 GHz)
Operating system: Windows 8.1 with Bing or Windows 10
Graphics: Integrated IntelВ®
RAM: up to 2 GB
Memory devices: up to 32GB
Sound: 0.5L
Connections: WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, BluetoothВ® 4.0
Connectors: 1 HDMI port, 1 Micro USB 2.0 port, SD card reader
Dimensions (W x L x H): 100 x 38 x 15 mm

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 19.03.16, 20:29
Reason for editing: Reduced to standard section
velikashkin
Message#2
19.03.16, 20:30
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 10096
Check in: 31.05.12
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL 3/32

M
Topic moved to subsectionMedia consoles

--------------------
geritch
Message#3
27.03.16, 16:29
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

"+" devices:
- It works pretty fast, which is on win 8.1, which is on win 10. If you disable animation and tracking the user in win 10, I would say that he even flies :)
- The device is compact, fits in any pocket. In itself, the size of two ordinary flash drives. It works quietly, it can be heard only with complete silence in the room. The device heats up during operation, but within reason
- Powered by micro usb charging, i.e. Normal charging from a mobile is suitable.
- There are no dances with tambourines about drivers. You can plug the computer into any monitor for the first time, without the Internet, and everything will work. The first inclusion and setup takes 5-7 minutes.
- Without problems, you can connect external drives of any size. Only necessarily external power, either from the usb hub, or from the hdd itself
- Consumes little power. 50 W / h approx.

'- "devices:
- Price. In my opinion, expensive for a device of this type. In principle, sales also speak about this. In Russia, they are still (March 2016) selling from old stocks. This can be understood by the installed version of Windows. (8.1 in Russia, the United States and Europe has long been out of the box with win10)
- Just one usb port, we could do two, because It’s not very convenient to use a usb hub on the road.
- Small volume ssd. Out of the box, about 20Gb of 32Gb is available (occupied by the system). After upgrading to win 10, it becomes less than 10Gb. Of course, you can delete the backup from win 8.1 and the archive from win 10, but how to restore the system later, if you suddenly want to switch back to 8-ku or something happens, it is not known :) I could not load the device from the flash drive.
- Wi-fi is pretty mediocre. Firstly, it works only at a frequency of 2.4 Mhz, which is no longer good. Secondly, there is clearly something with the signal, I did not particularly understand, but out of the wifi box it shows 1, 3, then 5 divisions. In this case, the router is in the next room. There are no such problems with other devices.
- It is not possible to run x64 applications.

When buying this device, you must understand why you need it. It can be connected without any problems to any monitor or TV, and even not turn off the old PC. It is convenient for presentations, meetings, etc. Use the device on business trips or vacations, I would not recommend. First, you always need a TV. Secondly, without charging, keyboard and mouse, you simply can not work. This already takes up a lot of space in the bag :) Your keyboard and mouse will be 100% wireless, which means the only usb port is busy. So, you also need to carry a usb hub with you, because you can’t even stick a flash drive, if that. True, there is a micro Sd connector for this. In other words, this is a kind of mobile version of a regular PC, which is convenient to carry from one room to another, or to parents, for example. I took it with me, put the necessary programs and gave it back :)
Suitable for those who need to check mail, spread out the scarf, work with documents (presentation), watch videos on youtube, read news on the Internet. From the device, you can basically make a media center, but at this price, in my opinion it is golden. Plus at the moment it’s not at all clear how to install another OS on it. For everything else, this whistle is of little use ... Personally, I bought this device for parents, it suits them perfectly. I would not buy myself, I would take a tablet with a keyboard, with the same characteristics and the same OS.
P.S. I especially liked the inscription on the box: "Service life 4 years"

Post has been editedgeritch - 31.03.16, 19:17

--------------------
Sony Xperia z1 compact + Xiaomi Redmi 4A + Garmin vivoactive + Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus + Sony SBH52 + VW R340 & Sony z2
Sem1oN
Message#4
12.04.16, 19:50
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 14.03.12

I got a job for TV, presentation, skype, etc. There really is a problem with Wi-Fi, it is not stable, and the speed is low. It costs Windows 8.1, but it takes about 3GB, it works smartly, the fan sometimes turns on and squeaks, not critical.
I thought I would upgrade the version to the corporate one, but the first manipulations failed, I’ll torment him a bit, if I don’t succeed, I’ll leave it as it is with its tasks.

--------------------
Ainol Aurora IPS 1024x600, 1Gb DDR3, 8Gb, ICS 4.0.3
geritch
Message#5
12.04.16, 20:00
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

* Sem1oN,
Like 3Gb, it takes more, about 10Gb. You can only upgrade to win10. Change to another version does not work, as well as put another OS.

--------------------
Sony Xperia z1 compact + Xiaomi Redmi 4A + Garmin vivoactive + Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus + Sony SBH52 + VW R340 & Sony z2
Sem1oN
Message#6
13.04.16, 19:30
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 14.03.12

Yes, exactly 10GB, as I watched yesterday ...: happy:

--------------------
Ainol Aurora IPS 1024x600, 1Gb DDR3, 8Gb, ICS 4.0.3
uzi_admin
Message#7
21.04.16, 21:53
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 19.05.13

Updated to Windows 10, was able to change the key to corporate. On WiFi there are questions, stability is so-so.
It justifies its money. I use 5 pieces, 2 weeks the flight is normal.
geritch
Message#8
28.05.16, 23:31
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

I bought another whistle for the sale for 5000 rubles (there’s no point in paying for it anymore)
Wifi is exactly the same wretched as the first. Slow connection speed, it feels like 3g on a smartphone. 8.1 was out of the box, everything else worked without problems. Updated to windows 10, while I did not install any additional programs, I did not touch the system. After the update, the sound disappeared, 10 began to slow down, wifi began to fall off constantly. And this is on the new system. Now I'm doing a rollback back to 8-ku. There were no such problems with the first whistle while it works. Booting an empty OS for 20 seconds, if ssd stood, it would boot in 5 seconds.

P.s. Remained on Windows 8.1. According to my subjective feelings, it works much faster and more stable than 10s. Plus, it does not have as many tracking systems as in 10-ke. Disabled all updates, animations, etc. In principle, the device works pretty fast. If of course you open more than 10 tabs in chrome, then it starts to slow down. I do not recommend using it as the main comp, the percentage is too weak and there is little RAM.

Post has been editedgeritch - 02.06.16, 08:42

--------------------
geritch
Message#9
22.06.16, 18:07
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

Hmm, wifi in the device is generally dead. The top line is Lenovo, the bottom smartphone. Devices are located 100 cm from the router !!!
Attached Image

--------------------
provansale
Message#10
27.06.16, 21:19
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1692
Check in: 09.07.09
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

no wi-fi. The picture became a little better when updating drivers through the update center, but not dramatically, and for the media center it is not an option at all. Only for leisurely viewing pages on the network. When watching a video, it dulls even at a distance of 1 meter from the router. After digging through the evening with built-in Wi-Fi, the next day I bought a usb network card, the cheapest. The card gives out stable 100 Mbps.

The iron of this whistle is enough to view most rips and online 1080p content. he turned the media-portal on a whistle, connected the bluetooth keyboard, attached all this happiness to the back of the TV - beauty. If you want - see the downloaded, if you want - watch online in a browser. A great solution for mounted TVs, where there is no room for large systems. And most importantly - silence. I had an old man in the position of a media center in Turion 5200, so when he watched 1080, he began to compete with a vacuum cleaner (two coolers of 50 mm, there was such a perversion with the aspire l5100 acer).

Minuses:
- Wi-Fi
- 1 usb.

The second minus is fixed on the sticks of the second generation + the hardware video accelerator is more powerful on them, but the price tag is 10+ tr.
geritch
Message#11
27.06.16, 22:09
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

* provansale,
What is the second generation? There is a version for the American market, win10 goes out of the box, not win 8.1. But usb is also one there.

--------------------
provansale
Message#12
27.06.16, 22:12
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1692
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

What is the second generation?

The IdeaCentre Stick 300 is a clone of the Intel Compute Stick. So the original came out BLKSTK1A32SC

True, there are still monsters - BLKSTK2m364CC, but the price tag is already beyond good and evil.

Post has been editedprovansale - 27.06.16, 22:25
geritch
Message#13
27.06.16, 22:22
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

* provansale,
So here Lenovo is discussed, not Intel :) In addition, the normal version with 4Gb of memory costs $ 400. The lack of usb can be solved by connecting the hub, but you can’t stick the memory in any way. And it is just what is missing.

--------------------
provansale
Message#14
27.06.16, 22:26
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1692
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

So here Lenovo is discussed, not Intel

duck sense) from one barrel spilled, different labels pasted. In mind, I would merge into one topic. Everything said here is also relevant for Intel.

Posted on 06/27/2016, 10:28 PM:

USB shortage can be solved by connecting a hub

Well, duck double-sided tape and next to the whistle perched and the hub, but the aesthetics suffer.
And there is enough memory, but not auto-launch on it.
geritch
Message#15
27.06.16, 23:45
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

Well, duck double-sided tape and next to the whistle perched and the hub, but the aesthetics suffer.
And there is enough memory, but not auto-launch on it.

Two usb is certainly better than one. But the hub will still have to be connected. In order not to occupy the extra ports, I connected the mouse and keyboard via bluetooth. They work without problems. As for memory, it depends on what to do. One stick in the kitchen is connected to the TV, kodi is installed. Watching iptv and movies on wifi with mybook live. There are no problems with this, there is enough memory, nothing slows down. (installed win 8.1)
The second stick from the parents (win 10 installed). In principle, they don’t play games, they don’t use Photoshop, they don’t process the video. But they work a lot with documents, Excel, Word, copying, sorting photos, surfing the Internet and other similar tasks. People are already aged, so naturally the extra windows do not close, but are minimized. And here the brakes begin. If the torrent is swinging, then generally the carcasses are light. For Windows, in principle, less than 4gb should not be, unless it is of course xp. At a price of 5000 rubles, you can close your eyes to this, but when the stick was sold for 8000-14000 rubles, then there are no options :)
So, if you use the device as a media center, then there are no problems, an almost perfect solution. The remote control is only desirable to stir up, because if the stick is connected to the back of the TV, it is not always convenient to turn on the power.

--------------------
Stalecvet
Message#16
08.07.16, 11:43
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 31
Check in: 08.07.16

I bought this wonderful computer the other day. Works great. The network catches well - the speed gives the same as the cable, but less stable. Win8 eats 0.6GB of RAM. Free memory left 20GB of 24GB. Now I'm thinking about whether to upgrade to Win10. :)

I bought a wireless keyboard / mouse kit with a radio receiver with a frequency of 2.4. Initially, I wanted a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to save the usb port, but could not be found, unfortunately.

Post has been editedStalecvet - 08.07.16, 11:51
geritch
Message#17
08.07.16, 12:17
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3768

Stalecvet @ 07/08/2016, 11:43*
Now I'm thinking about whether to upgrade to Win10. :)

I don’t know who likes what. I have several such sticks. Some of them were updated to 10 with glitches. Stupidly lost sound drivers and something else. Through automatic search, nothing was found, it was necessary to climb onto the site. Scored on this matter, tk. I use the device as xmbc. Faster it turned out to roll back to 8.1.
Moreover, the update was from scratch, i.e. no programs were installed. In addition, I do not know about the rest, 8.1 works faster for me than 10. There is nothing radically new in 10-ke compared to 8.1 for this device (for me personally)

Initially, I wanted a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to save the usb port, but could not be found, unfortunately.

So you can not buy a kit, but a separate mouse and keyboard. Will work without problems. I myself took a keyboard for tablets.

Post has been editedgeritch - 08.07.16, 12:20

--------------------
Royvasal
Message#18
08.07.16, 14:14
Novice
[offline]

Messages 32
Check in: 11.04.14
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Bought three weeks ago.
Minuses:
-wi fi, falling off, bad signal. The problem was partially solved by putting a router nearby. It became possible to watch TV shows and movies online (though sometimes buffering still happens)
- it hangs. When many tabs are opened in chrome when watching movies online. The problem was partially solved using the edge browser.

Took for the TV in the kitchen. I watch TV shows, movies, online TV, listen to the radio - it does everything, of course not perfectly, but on a runny four. I am satisfied with the purchase. Of course, for my purposes, you could buy apple tv or a set-top box on android, but I needed windows. I don’t have a computer, but here I still get the opportunity to edit a document, upload films, etc.

Up to windows 10 updated on the first day. Works great.

Post has been editedRoyvasal - 08.07.16, 14:17
fedor_m57
Message#19
08.07.16, 14:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18
Check in: 05.12.11

Geritch @ 07/08/2016, 12:17*
Some of them were updated to 10 with glitches

Did the BIOS update to O27KT10A?
Stalecvet
Message#20
08.07.16, 14:44
Novice
[offline]

Messages 31

Geritch @ 07/08/2016, 12:17*
So you can not buy a kit, but a separate mouse and keyboard. Will work without problems.

It is possible, but I shoveled a bunch of stores and did not find a normal keyboard. Everywhere sold for tablets. Is there any way to hook a built-in Bluetooth kit that works at a frequency of 2.4? After all, he also works at this frequency. Maybe there is a way? I would like to free Usb port.

Before Win10, I decided not to update, because in Win8 updates that are very difficult to life are very disabled.

I explain about problems with Wi-fi:

Wi-fi works at the same frequency as most wireless keyboards / mice. Hence the conflict. For someone, because of this, the network barely works, but for someone the mouse / keyboard is slowed down. I myself did not know grief with Wi-fi until the moment I bought wireless peripherals (2.4 radio whistle) - the speed was similar to optical fiber (I have 3.5 mb / s). Now, it’s worth moving the mouse / pressing a couple of buttons on the keyboard - the speed rapidly drops to the minimum. I leave alone - the speed is restored to maximum. So with the Wi-fi module, everything is fine here. Now I plan to reconfigure the router myself.
Stalecvet
Message#21
08.07.16, 15:01
Novice
[offline]

Messages 31

How to find out the power consumption of a stick?

25 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 19.06.19, 16:58