USB extension cords for modems | features, problems with extension cords

Rep: (0)
: popcorm: that lana!
nada to take for external wiring, it is shielded and the conductors are copper, the rest is "copper nail" copper-plated (ask networkers)
leave where, where? o.O

Morning photo. What and what is collected.
The question is how harmful is a small voltage to the modem?

Rep: (48)
boos3 @ 10.22.17, 01:22*
The question is how harmful is a small voltage to the modem?

the most interesting branch about 4G: yes2: here you are ....

Rep: (2)
Hello...
Later I will lay out the simplest version of the usb extension cable for FAT consumers ...
there, in fact, everything is elementary!

Rep: (28)
* passportist,
for myself settled onby this+ good twisted pair.
half a year or maybe more than 3372 in a hilinka + TP-LINK TL-WR842ND (on gargoyles) 7 meters. normal flight.

Well ... As promised!

I'll start a little from afar.

Firstly, all the USB extension cords that are currently being sold in stores essentially have several common drawbacks!

The first drawback is that according to the USB specification, the signal wires must be twisted pair! And as it’s not hard to guess, this is not always realized! As a rule, it is impossible to see until you dissect the cable itself. And even through the transparent outer insulation it is not always possible to see the way of laying the conductors in this cable.

The second drawback is the use of conductors with a known lower thickness than indicated either on the cable itself or on the packaging! And again, without preparation, it is not always possible to know the cross section of the conductors.

The third drawback is the use of conductors, which contain significantly more metals other than copper. Although, again, either on the cable or on the package it may be indicated that practically! 00% copper is used in this product! But do not believe everything that is written! And here there is a chance, though not always effective, to check the conductors - a powerful magnet from NZhD, well, or maybe someone has any neodymium magnet from any device. If more or less good copper is used in the conductors, or rather, an alloy in which the copper content is close to ideal, then such a cable will in no way stick to the magnet. Although skeptics will say that through isolation one may not understand, and I agree with them, but such a method will help to exclude absolutely NAKED fakes! Of course, to be honest. Then again, without preparation, it will not be possible to check the conductors. After all, if you bare the cable and bite off the small conductors quite a bit and bring in a magnet, you will immediately see THAT THIS, OR NOT THIS COAT!

There are some more drawbacks ... For example, poor-quality connection of conductors with the contacts of the connectors. Well, and all the other SINS in the production of such products using the MAXIMUM ECONOMY!

Next, I’ll tell you how, despite all these flaws, making an USB extension cable is more or less normal, but not without cons ... And at the same time, without basic knowledge of wiring, handling a soldering iron and basic knowledge of electrical engineering, of course, it’s impossible to make such a cable !

That it would not be difficult for everyone interested to read long posts, I will divide it into several ones - the theory that I told now, practice - which I will discuss in the next post and the additions that we will discuss further if there is interest!

for clarity, I decided to buy all the parts for assembling the extension cord. which I propose to make.
all steps to complete the photo.
and now everything is there now, but over time the trouble ... is a little busy! In the near future I will do everything and explain!

4 wires for power is this normal? Extension cord yusb. Twisted pair 8 cores .... 2 cores to the ground. (Sorry, maybe he didn’t call it that) 1st on d + and d- ... and 4 on food. The connector has fallen off, changing to a new one. So leave it?

Rep: (5)
Comrades, stop torturing the network cable
http://bloganten.ru/de...itel-dlya-3g4g-modema/
I really have a length of 10m, but it works exclusively, 2 years about
I tried to feed on braids - it really does not work, maybe it will be on a shorter length.

Post has been editedzaxs415 - 03.03.18, 09:39
Reason for editing: Supplement

Rep: (28)
* zaxs415,
terrible collective farm.

Rep: (5)
* gertz78 But it works

Passportist @ 12.02.18, 12:37*
and now everything is there now, but over time the trouble ... is a little busy! In the near future I will do everything and explain!

Do not have free time?)
I would like to hear your opinion on this question ...

Who tried twisted cat.7 4x2x0.57 - 4 pairs (with a common screen and the screen of each pair) copper?
Interested in a 10 meter extension cord.

* webby ,
Waiting for the USB plugs to come. I'll try to solder.

Post has been editedN_R_G - 22.03.18, 07:09

Rep: (90)
Who on Ali buys such adapters for twisted pair, they are 99% not USB 2.0, but USB 1.1.
(40 times less speed).
You need to connect any flash drive through them, and run some kind of read / write test program.
I used CrystalDiskMark.
If the speed is 1 MB / s (10 Mb), then this is USB 1.1
On my USB 3.0 flash drive, the read speed of the program showed 40 MB / s via USB 2.0 adapters
To remake adapters for USB 2.0, you need to solder a couple of wires and cut the tracks.
Photo alteration Roman Litvinov withyoutub.
I’ve been redone with these photo adapters - now it works like USB 2.0

He won the argument from the Chinese and returned $ 3 for 5 adapters.
But the Chinese are selling them like USB 2.0

I assume that if you connect the modem through adapters to a router of typeXiaomi Mi Router 3G - discussion (Post tolikvl # 63693893)with a USB 3.0 port, you can still increase the length of the twisted pair cable.
The router can be borrowed from the Chinese for $ 40, but you will need to reflash to Padawan or others.

There is at home and this router and a copper cable of category 6 cabeus, and adapters, but so far no one has ordered me to make an extension cord, and it is a pity to cut the cable from a coil of 300 m. As soon as they order, I will unsubscribe for how many meters the extension cord will be.

Wiring USB 2.0 adapters:
USB Chinese adapters soldered to Litvin.

- (the black)
white-green, blue, white-blue, green

+ (red)
white-orange, orange

DATA + (green)
white brown

DATA- (white)
brown

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedkefal - 12.05.18, 23:18

Made a 5 meter (5.09 m) extension cable from a CABEUS UTP-4P-CAT.6-SOLID-GY cable UTP UTP (U / UTP) CABLE, 4 PAIRS 0.57MM (23 AWG)
(copper) + Chinese adapters converted to USB 2.0.

Through the cable work:
Huawei E3276 (Megaphone M150-1), V.T. via ZYXEL keenetic omni, Xiaomi 3G.
ZTE 823 (megaphone M100-3), volt via ZYXEL keenetic omni, Xiaomi 3G.
E-171, E-173

The cable does not work:
Megaphone M100-1
Huawei E392
Megaphone M100-4 (Huawei E3272)

It turns out that you need a shielded FTP 23AWG cable.
HavehumanE3272 operates on 10 meters TWT on category 5 with a screen.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

USB cable selection
ETHERNET CABLES AND THEIR CATEGORIES (CAT-5 / E / 6 / A)
HOW TO EXTEND YOUT USB USING UTP

Post has been editedkefal - 30.05.18, 10:39

Made14.8 hyperline meter extension cable stp4-c6-solid-indoor 12225 meter ...
(each pair on the screen, thickness not specified. probably 23 AWG) + Chinese converted to USB 2.0 adapters.

Through the cable work:
Huawei E171
Huawei E392 (in 3G mode, 4G has nothing to check)
ZTE 823 (megaphone M100-3)
M150-2 (Huawei E3372)
Huawei E3372h-153

The cable does not work:
Huawei E3276 (Megaphone M150-1) with HIlink firmware.

Made20 hyperline meter extension cable stp4-c6-solid-indoor 12225 meter ...
(each pair on the screen, thickness not specified. probably 23 AWG) + Chinese converted to USB 2.0 adapters.

Through the cable work:
Huawei E171

The cable does not work:
Huawei E392
Huawei E3276 (Megaphone M150-1) with HIlink firmware.
Huawei E3372s (MTS 827F) with HIlink firmware.

Post has been editedkefal - 13.05.19, 15:38

* kefal

We are waiting for the working version and believe in victory!

Rep: (35)
Has anyone encountered additional power, a yusbi cable is made from a twisted pair of 10 meters, a yusbi is soldered at the ends of the connectors, a 4-pair cable, 2 cores for power and one for transmission, the modem issues 5mb / s, 20mb / s directly, I connect the power injector to the end of the modem, but no sense)) the same speed, the equipment is serviceable))
5v 2A injector power supply
Attached Image

Rep: (33)
people, it’s not a matter of cable but power supply from your motherboard. people are cornyflash drives sometimes from the front panel are no longer readableand you are trying to start a 10 meter radio transmitter. one manufacturer made 500mA on the port, and the other 2 amperes, any cable will work there.

* sabvirov ,
If the speed is 1 MB / s (10 Mb), then this is USB 1.1
Solder to USB 2.0 standard

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 11:25 PM