USB extension cords for modems | features, problems with extension cords

Rep: (1)
Huawei E3372s flashed in hilink. The simplest USB extension cable was soldered: 5 meter twisted pair. I stick the modem directly into the computer without any routers. Everything was determined, but the speed was cut 3 times. What to do and what is the reason? Not enough power to the modem? In general, let's talk about these extension cords.

Rep: (2272)
Gvizdo_258 @ 02.22.2016, 10:04*
Huawei E3372s flashed in hilink. The simplest USB extension cable was soldered: 5 meter twisted pair. I stick the modem directly into the computer without any routers. Everything was determined, but the speed was cut 3 times. What to do and what is the reason? Not enough power to the modem? In general, let's talk about these extension cords.

In the firebox.
A normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires (power drawdown) and a screen for noise immunity.
And there’s nothing more to discuss here.

I bought such a USB, expensive, with a double screen, with wires, etc. etc ... but it discards the modem and that’s it, but according to a simple Vituha it works like a Kalashnikov assault rifle, it only cuts speed, like that. "with thick wires (power drawdown)" - stranded? , maybe use a multi-core FTP cable, and it is twisted pair cable or do not care, or take a simple multi-core power cable? Tell me where to dig, please?

Gvizdo_258 @ 02.22.2016, 10:58*
I bought such a USB, expensive, with a double screen, with wires, etc. etc ... but it discards the modem and that’s it, but according to a simple Vituha it works like a Kalashnikov assault rifle, it only cuts speed, like that. "with thick wires (power drawdown)" - stranded? , maybe use a multi-core FTP cable, and it is twisted pair cable or do not care, or take a simple multi-core power cable? Tell me where to dig, please?

Do you understand Russian or not?
Did I speak Chinese? Or are you waiting for a specific kick in the ass with an indication of the direction of movement?
I repeat.
Normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires (power drawdown) and a screen for noise immunity .

And what did you buy, did you cut? Wire cross section? Noise immunity level? Wire resistance at 5 meters?
Physics ... The longer and thinner the wire, the higher its resistance and the greater the voltage drop.
Physics ... Depending on the ratio of the location of the conductors inside the cable and the presence and density of the shielding braid, the level of noise immunity depends on what directly affects the speed of information transmitted through this cable.
Anderstend?

Dear Domovoj! That’s why I created a topic in the forum so that people in the future would not buy expensive and useless garbage (because he loafed himself). And the question is this. The slats of the USB are worth a penny. In principle, every man can solder, and if he can’t, then it’s easy to learn. Question: is there any standard and inexpensive solution (what is sold in stores and what you can go and buy at any time) exactly by cable. We will take 5 meters, because as I understand it - the greater the distance is extra. power supply - and this is a hemorrhoid. it could be:
1) SFTP is multicore - but this is a hemorrhoid, you will find its figs in stores
2) Power cable
So tell me, if you know, a typical cable solution. And there will be many thanks to you from the forum users and happiness in life: thank_you :: thank_you:

Normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires (power drawdown)

yeah, to power the modem with a current consumption of somewhere 500mA, you probably need to use a cable from welding

Tambik2007 @ 02.23.2016, 09:18*
Normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires (power drawdown)

yeah, to power the modem with a current consumption of somewhere 500mA, you probably need to use a cable from welding

Well, that’s probably why the Y-cable is included with the modems ...
This is just the manufacturer’s language because the modem has a consumption of 500 mA.

I don’t have a cable. and the modem bought several were without cable.
What is the interesting diameter of the wire in the cable?
my friend asked me to repair the TV: there is no sound from the satellite set-top box.
came the prefix looked and the TV is connected by a decent cable in appearance. disconnected the tester called a break on one wire. Yes, he also bought it a month ago, the seller convinced him that it was necessary to take such a name, he is reliable. the truth is 3 times more expensive than the rest.
yeah, so I took apart the wire for interest and inside two thin hairs and insulating on them a millimeter 4 somewhere - probably for solidity.
you need to look what's inside and this we won’t know until we open it.
for a long load on the wire there are tables in the internet you can search.
as well as Ohm's law and consider the loss from the resistance of the wire.

It’s wildly interesting, did anyone try the USB 2.0 Omix Pro 10m extension cable with the declared modem support? Something to not see reviews anywhere ...

Rep: (48)
Domovoj @ 02.22.16, 11:11*
In the firebox.
A normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires (power drawdown) and a screen for noise immunity.
And there’s nothing more to discuss here.

1. Well, why so soon, dear? ;) For NOT urban very interesting question!
2. I agree. But there is no Soviet power - the homeless people handed over all the copper. "flower" diphcite))
3. "There is simply nothing to discuss." I don’t agree here!
Now, if the zone of uncertain reception, then how interesting it is to get a signal?
With a fancy antenna and fierce attenuation on every meter of even the obscenely expensive UHF cable at our frequencies (2100 MHz and above)?
Or try to "quietly and accurately" pull down digitally?
The second option is more pleasant to me.
On the topic: I saw (now lost) a lot of fuss on the forums about using a twisted-pair network for these purposes. Some sought 10-15 or more meters of stable communication with WIFI adapters (for example).
Here there is one important momentik, the wire you need to choose is not simple, but the one that is intended for outdoor use. They should have a real screen and COPPER (and not copper-coated surrogate) veins. And what is interesting: we throw "extra" postings on the power loophole! : D
I myself am now "dabbling" with Chinese active cablessuch asuntil it turns out (sort of).
The truth is cold now. But there are options: apply to the amplifier (there is a scarf in the mother’s calab’s pocket with a sales plug);
(Keenetik 4G ll, TP-Link 842ND on modems E3372h (HiLink) and E3131 to the computer. So far, everything has been stable for a month)

Gvizdo_258 @ 02.22.16, 11:58*
Tell me where to dig, please?
GoogleandYandexitesuch as "usb twisted pair extension cable";)

Post has been editedUDODEZ - 05.01.17, 14:04

UDODEZ @ 01/05/17, 13:53*
3. "There is simply nothing to discuss." I don’t agree here!

US2IIM
so I ate more than one dog ...
Good luck.

Yes, I see your competence even without a call sign, and therefore I turned:
UDODEZ @ 01/05/17, 13:53*
Respected

and this topic has the right to live because many manage to refute the dogma about "USB2.0 more than 1.5 meters is not a standard"
(I have three "Chinese" 10m each, two mine the Internet, and one lengthens the keyboard with the mouse + flash drives. I also got a copper wire from the "networkers" (plugs on the way) - I'll see.

Post has been editedUDODEZ - 06.01.17, 17:28

Rep: (0)
Domovoj @ 02.22.16, 16:11*
Normal USB extension cable should be with thick wires

As I understand it, this statement is based on theory, but in practice today I made 15 meters on a network (twisted pair). It has been working for half a day, the speed is the same in a laptop modem or at the other end of the extension cord.

Nikolja607 @ 02.02.17, 20:18*
As I understand this statement is based on theory,

USB extension cords for modems (Post Domovoj # 56856844)

Rep: (27)
good day .
I want to make a usb extension cord for 3372 in a hilinka 10m
Tell me which wire is better to use.
I have in stock
KAefPng (A) -HF 2x2x0.64
KPSVEVng (A) -LS 2x2x0.75
twisted pair also have to look what.
what say there are thicker copper type 4x1 4x1.5 but type vvg.

I ordered on Alicontactors

sort of found the optimal cable for a 10m extension cabletyts
I will listen to suggestions wishes.

Post has been editedgertz78 - 16.03.17, 11:56

Rep: (0)
I made 10 meters for Huawei E3276. Twisted pair of e5. At first everything fell off. Finally, not a damn thing worked. Then he found out that the modem is eating 2 amperes. The experiments began. The modem stuck into the router. An extension cord was purchased for Vituhi on Ali (complete nonsense. Just an adapter from USB to rg45 as it turned out). Did not help. Then, an additional voltage supply of 5 V and 0.35 Amperes. Soldered directly to the legs of the connector in parallel.
measured everything with a load tester. Before the adapter soldered, the router issued 4.57 and 2.04 without load, and after connecting the load to 2a 3.47 and 0.9a.
After soldering the adapter 3.7 and 0.97. Then I read that we solder the plus usb to the plus of the adapter and the minus leave the adapter took 5 v and 2a. And cheers. The modem started up. True, the voltage is 3.45V but the current is 2.04 A. Let's see how long))) good luck to everyone

Rep: (226)
* boos3, if the modem requires 2A, then it didn’t work from the pc?

Then I found out that the modem is eating 2 amperes
: popcorm: that lana!
Twisted pair e5
nada to take for external wiring, it is shielded and the conductors are copper, the rest is "copper nail" copper-plated (ask networkers)
Then I read that we solder plus usb to the adapter plus and leave the minus

leave where, where? o.O

Post has been editedUDODEZ - 14.10.17, 21:56

Rep: (226)
leave where, where? o.O

Something went wrong with you quoting, these are not my words, therefore you have nothing to answer.

ArcticOcean @ 10/14/17, 9:38 PM*
Something went wrong with you quoting, these are not my words
Yes, I noticed, fixed it. ... although I did everything as before ... it seems like not the first time ...: thank_you:

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 09:03