Onda oBook 11 v2 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Win10 + Android | 11.6 '' | Intel Atom x5-Z8300 | 2GB RAM

Rep: (0)
onda obook 11 v2
win10 + android | 11.6 "| Intel Atom x5-Z8300 | 2Gb
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Specifications
Onda name oBook 11
Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 processor (Intel Atom-X5 Z8300) 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz (up to 1.84GHz)
Intel HD Graphics Gen8 GPU
Operating system Windows 10 Home
2GB RAM
32GB internal memory
IPS Screen 11.6, 1920 x 1080
WiFi connection, BT
3G external modems
Front Camera 2Mpx
Micro HDMI ports, 3.5 mm jack
Sound Built-in speakers, built-in microphone
Battery capacity 30Wh
Work time 8-10 hours
Size 2.88 x 1.95 x 1.6 cm
Weight 1.190 kg
additional information
Attached Image

Backup drivers

Post has been editedShoore - 15.05.16, 17:35

hello friends, I caught a naughty client the other day with a desire to change the OS} -) on the device that most of our forum is still waiting for!
Because of my desire to help, I stumbled upon the theme of the light version of win_8.1 from my younger brother and .....
Winda washed down but half of the devices refuse to work (touch, sound, wifi, micro-SD)
P.S.-The first topic, sorry for tactlessness!

Rep: (9)
* antigoodwin try searching for firewood in the onda & teclast tablet branches on the same processor

Rep: (3)
A laptop on hand, I can share my impressions

What model, 2 or 4 GB of RAM?
What are the sensations from the device?

Rep: (1)

I'm interested in the screen - is it gleaming? I recently bought a Chuwi Hi8, the screen gleams very much.

How does the battery hold? Are there honest 9000 mAh?

What disadvantages found?

Ordered onda obook 12. How come, I will share my impressions

I also ordered 11 '' on the stock on GearBest. ) According to the characteristics just a magic thing, let's see what comes. Managed in 20500 with delivery.

And how much does 12 '' delivery cost?

Post has been editedAllality - 29.02.16, 13:26

* Allality Today, the stock is almost 29, before that 42.500 was worth

And you can link to the store?

Can anyone tell me, can you install Ubuntu with the second system on such devices? Or demolish everything and install Ubuntu, but at the same time be able to return everything as it was?

Dear friends ! I bought this netbook Onda Obook 11 and already got it, 4 days ago .. from the pros: very smart, the screen is just super, the sensor is a bomb, I liked the soft keyboard, the video flies online, pages fly into the level,
And now the most interesting "MINUSES" that I noticed during these 4 days:
The battery is strangely charged, with a working device and connected charging, the charge time could increase, the assumption is that charging for 3 amps is rather weak for this device .. but after a couple of nights the battery charge reached the cherished 100% ....
Then I decided to check the sd card for 16 gig * I bought an expensive * device instantly hung up and did not react to the keyboard and sensor .. then I went into reboot and turned off .. I spent 10 minutes and pressing the power button turned on the device accidentally turned on .. after that I found The old SD card for 8 gig was successfully recognized and worked (both SD cards are working and used many times on different devices) ..
on the third day, the Start menu, the volume menu, WI-FI, Screen brightness control, fell off, these problems with Windows 10 are described on the Internet and are solved .. but not nice!
And the last and most important .. Do not update Windows from the official site! First of all, it is necessary to wait for at least 3 hours to install updates, and after that, the day looks more like a semi-brick, all previously installed programs fly off, do not work: WI-FI, sensor, it is impossible to change the language (since there is no WI-FI), and a lot of others problems, I understand that emu needs Ondov native firmware (Windows) from their Chinese site .. but there is a favorite Chinese language .. the site is translated clumsily, requires registration, I could not download it, I ask for help to the advanced members of the forum can download it and lay out on the Forum .. Thank you all for your attention ..

rogalik36, tell me, is there a BIOS, i.e. can I log in as on a regular computer and change settings to install Linux, for example? Or at least boot from a flash drive.

Post has been editedAllality - 02.03.16, 08:06

after spending a couple of nights in search of a solution to the problems that had arisen, a solution was still found.
I will tell about all the stages in order.
0 when I manually downloaded the update package from Microsoft in the device manager, everything was recognized but the screen was not working properly and was not calibrated and the Wi-Fi did not see the network.
1 by the serial number of the device, you can determine what kind of firmware you need (the ninth and tenth character - the version of the animal) in my case it is V4
2 I could not reach a consensus with the Chinese cloud storage, so I downloaded the two-part archive from here
First parthttp: //www.ondaforum.c...4bit_20151204part1rar/
the second part ofhttp: //www.ondaforum.c.…4bit_20151204part2rar/
just registered and immediately downloaded without any dancing with a tambourine
3 having unpacked the archive on the computer, I found a set of files and folders there, among them was a doc file describing the flashing process + a set of pictures, translating the text into a translator, the picture became more understandable
4 following the instructions from the document I took a flash drive for 8 or more GB (I had 16) launched a Chinese version of the program for burning images (like Ultra Iso) in the archive, shoved the win10 image from the archive into it and following the pictures created a bootable area on the flash drive With the image, the remaining second partition formatted in ntfs called the volume as described in the instructions and copied all the other files and folders from the archive to it (one of the files weighed about 6 GB).
the most important thing is to run the program with administrator rights, because without them I didn’t mark the USB flash drive under WIN 7 and didn’t record the files
5 I connected a charger and a flash drive to ONDA (there is a keyboard and touchpad there, and so I didn’t use the keyboard and mouse hub) and started looking for how to launch a BIOS similarity on the device (I dug up the menu with the power and volume buttons) such as described in the document, externally reminded the boot menu from the tablet android with the choice of action, choose from where to start in the next menu, select the USB flash drive and then the device began to mark its internal drive and copy everything necessary to it.
6 after uploading, the device rebooted and started preparing for the first launch of the operating system, and having selected the Russian language and all other settings, the device immediately went over completely into Russian (it was in English from the box and the language pack had to be installed manually)
7, the device returned to its original state, everything works, sometimes the bottom panel falls off (the start menu (because of which everything started) and everything else that is there, but everything starts from the shortcuts on the desktop, I reboot)
All devices in the manager are recognized and are working properly.

Those. there is no bios at all? There are videos on youtube where ubuntu is run from a flash drive on tablets, can it be so here?

There is a menu, it only visually looks like an Android boot. There are only five or six points all written in a line (I do not remember all the points), but it allows you to start with your phone, if you want, you can collect linux with all the wood, flashing on a vile blue background, and in the window there were processes which pass (very similar to the command line). sewed at two o'clock in the morning and didn’t really think about screenshots, alas
Anyone interested will add this same doc file from the archive translated in google translator

Attached files

Attached fileonda 11 win 10.doc(695.5 KB)

Post has been editeddragonshardo - 05.03.16, 00:24

Thanks a lot. Judging by the screenshot in the dock, there is some kind of cropped BIOS for a regular PC. You can boot from the flash drive, it is already good.

If someone installs Linux on this device, please share your experience, very interesting.

Rep: (10)
Owners, how is the device at all? It is planned to surf in the internet and to work with office files.
Choosing between subject and chuwi vi10

Rep: (61)
For V2, Windows 10 x32 quietly got the official disk image, burned it to a USB flash drive via UltraISO, all these came uphttps://yadi.sk/d/isnOJOrzqQLqcalthough it is marked that V1, put them all through the device manager.
With Wi-Fi, only the jamb came out, after the drivers were fully installed, there was a yellow exclamation mark, it is solved by simply deleting the drivers through the properties in the task manager and using the new “Update drivers ...”.
For video in the "Video adapters" branch, there will be a "Standard video driver" also through the PCM "Update drivers ..."

Post has been editedAirshark - 23.03.16, 09:19

I use the laptop for a week and a half, the version with 4 GB of memory.

The screen gleams, but not so much that it annoys. Picture quality and super corners are definitely a good IPS. The touch on the screen is also excellent.

Batteries last for 3-4 hours with Wi-Fi turned on, almost no matter what you do on it. Charging is quite compact.

Build quality is good. Although, when you close the laptop, it does not close completely. When opened in tablet mode - too.

The keyboard is, of course, not like the MacBook Air, but I really like it. Not enough backlight, black keys at night is almost invisible. I don’t like the fact that you need to press Fn to use the function keys (on the other notebook, on the contrary, you need to hold Fn to use F1-F12). If it is not annoying with volume control, then searching and clamping Fn-F9 for the Home key is very annoying. The same with End, PgUp, PgDn.

The touchpad is usually cheap. Strains a button on the keyboard that disables the touchpad (at first I thought that the touch "flies off" because of the glitch), which is located so that it is constantly accidentally pressed. The touch is small, so gestures are constantly working - launching the Action Center, for example. If you tell me how to turn them off at all, I will be grateful. Flipping pages with two fingers works.

BIOS is not standard, but a lot of specific settings. You can boot from a flash drive or USB drive. To enter the BIOS, you need to press Esc when booting.

Disk read speed is 45-80 megabytes / s, judging by the HD Tune test. As a laptop HDD, but better in the sense that the software with a bunch of small files: various IDE, Windows itself, etc. loads much faster.

USB 3.0 out of the box works like USB 2.0. Most likely, it is solved by installing the driver. If you managed to find it, share the link.

The processor is weak, but for the web and development I have enough. The tabs in chrome open and switch between them more slowly than on a regular modern laptop, but this is not particularly annoying. 1080p YouTube video in chrome doesn’t pull me, sometimes (rarely) and 720p doesn’t pull. The Store has Perfect Tube clients, Hyper for YouTube and the like, which pull and 2160p without brakes. Under the load on the bed heats up noticeably (but not the iron). Toys with simple 3D graphics draws on the minimum salary.

Completely silent, no annoying noise from the hard drive, fans, etc.

Micro HDMI works as it should, even with a resolution above 1920x1080.

The sound of the speakers is terribly low, the headphone output too. I think that with headphones you can solve the problem with the help of software.

The flash drive is not placed in the microSD slot. If you stick and hold with your finger, everything works, but the flash drive is not fixed, and all the time it is pushed out by a spring. If this is not a marriage, and design features, tell me how to put it correctly?

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth work perfectly, very pleased that the connection does not fall off, as on many other laptops.

The price - with delivery cost 20,500 rubles, ordered by the stock on GearBest, but with a higher dollar rate. According to the characteristics of the laptop is very much like the MacBook 12, which now stands at 107,000 and above, in something even surpasses it.

In general - happy as an elephant. Light, quiet, modern laptop, which is pleasant to use.

Post has been editedAllality - 22.05.16, 10:20

Rep: (675)
I'll post here the drivers that I found while I solved the problem with WiFi. I have a V5, searched for it. Maybe for other versions fit.

Backup with Double Driver:
You can put both through the device manager, and through the program itself.
Google Drive:oBook Series 2016. 03. 11. 18-07-00.zip
Google Drive:Double Driver.zip

Chinese WiFi and Bluetooth drivers:
Put in cmd file as administrator.
Attached fileondawifi.zip(4.95 MB)
Google Drive:ondawifi.zip

Post has been editedDeVviL - 04.09.18, 17:18
Reason for editing: Reloading on Google Drive

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/14/19, 15:43