Recovery of corrupted information | discuss software and recovery methods

Rep: (2191)
Recovery of damaged information from hard drives and other media
Attached Image
This topic discussesdata recovery questionsonly. Questions related to the analysis of the technical condition of the hard drive (decoding of the attributes S.M.A.R.T) are made in the subject:About hard drives!

useful links

Attention! Inappropriate use of recovery programs can permanently destroy data. If you are not confident in your abilities, or data is extremely important - it is better to contact a professional workshop for data recovery.

Post has been editedstp101 - 16.04.18, 22:57
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (2191)
Farff @ 10/09/2014, 15:14*
Actually the question is, is the disk amenable to repair? and will it be possible to recover information?

Watching how it was dropped and a hundred broke in it. Better immediately bring it to a good data recovery workshop. But note - the procedure is not cheap :)

Rep: (1)
Hello! Faced such a problem. At one time, a 3TB or 4TB hard drive was purchased, not the point. After formatting and partitioning, it turned out that about 1TB was not available, Google suggested that it was due to the motherboard. Found a way out with the help of PartitionMagic. The part of the hard disk that was previously not available was broken and formatted. Because of the need, I temporarily threw the pictures to that section and soon there was some kind of failure and this section disappeared! Maybe someone will advise what to do? Maybe there is some software, how to get them out? Partition Magic'om I do not understand how to recover without data loss. I will be grateful to everyone who answered.

Rep: (3)
Good evening. There is an external drive 1TB seagate backup plus portable drive srd0sp0http: //www.dns-shop.ru...e-backup-plus-portable
Today, being in the PC, after a power outage is no longer detected by the system. The indicator is on, the disk is warming up. Under the removable interface, a faint smell of burning is felt. Is it possible to recover part of the data or is it already impossible? If you need more information, ask.

Rep: (1946)
CCreepy @ 08/05/2015, 21:22*
Is it possible to recover part of the data or is it already impossible?
Maybe. If the information is valuable - it is better to contact professionals immediately.
The probability of information recovery tends to 100% along with an increase in the proposed remuneration. :-)

Good evening friends, sorry, maybe not at the address, I'm in despair, the format of the external hard file system has changed to raw, it requires formatting when connected. Tell me how to recover data on a hard whole life. Thank you in advance

Rep: (13)
If the system has changed to raw only hdd regenerator will help. There are in many resuscitation assemblies. The interface is English, but I think you’ll figure it out. Google and Yandex to the rescue
Sometimes the standard chkdsk utility helps. I ran the regenerator and then chkdsk. If this is difficult, then like this My computer - select the drive - Properties - Tools - Check
If there are 10 wines, then immediately check there, and on the seven you put both checkmarks and go.

Post has been editedosak1974 - 08.12.15, 20:43

Rep: (1274)
the format of the external hard file system has changed to raw, it requires formatting when connected

1. First, make a backup image of this section (with a program such as acronis, etc. (just in case, to be able to make several attempts to restore)
2. in this case, I successfully used the programAttached file= testdisk-6.14-WIP.rar(3.47 MB)

("Successfully", but only on flash drives in mbr-markup. I have not tried it on pbr-markup).
She knows how to mark up the old and accordingly restore the files on it back.
if you google, then you will find instructions, for examplehttp://remontcompa.ru/...disk-inctrukciya.html.
there is nothing complicated in the program, but in English. You need to run testdisk_win.exe. the effect will be after reboot.
ps but everything is at your own peril and risk! do backup. (I always did without backups, but I didn’t have “all my life” on my flash drives.
---
offtopic: can someone come in handy - there is also a program PhotoRec in it - she knows how to take pictures of the killed from the other world

Post has been editedznznznz - 08.12.15, 22:29

Rep: (13)
http://nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=401968
Most likely the drive is dying. If you restore, transfer the data

Good evening friends, sorry, maybe not at the address, I'm in despair, the format of the external hard file system has changed to raw, it requires formatting when connected. Tell me how to recover data on a hard whole life. Thank you in advance
The getdataback program helped restore all the data, I recommend it! Thanks to everyone who responded!

Rep: (8)
Good day!
There is a 2.7TB wd green hard drive with NTFS on board. It is in the raw state and Windows offers formatting. There is 60GB of information on the disk that needs to be pulled out. The service, referring to hardware problems, asks for + -25t.r. I don’t have such disks for such a volume (especially a donor disk). Help me please! Tell me how you can pull out the data without deleting everything permanently.
Thank you in advance!
Sorry for the heading - auto fix.

Post has been editedIbruekner - 01.02.16, 18:17

Rep: (1490)
IBruekner @ 02/01/2016, 17:15*
Tell me how you can pull out the data without deleting everything permanently.

Read the instructions for ANY program for "pulling out" information - all of them require the presence of an "empty disk / partition" (for copying restored data there) in no way less than the volume of the restored partition / disk.

So there is only one piece of advice - borrow from someone an empty 3TB drive for these purposes.
IBruekner @ 02/01/2016, 17:15*
The service, referring to hardware problems, asks for + -25t.r.

If the hard is dead, then it may be cheaper and will not work, but if "alive, a smoking-room!" - then for the money you can buy 3 new 3TB} -)

* rusigor suppose it is 3tb. What are my next steps? I heard about a set of programs for data recovery, but there are more than 20. Then which ones are restored qualitatively, without big losses?

Rep: (6)
* IBruekner,
DM Disk Editor
R.Saver

IBruekner @ 02.02.2016, 11:23*
Then which ones are restored qualitatively, without large losses?

but this is a trial and error method. The last time I restored (from a flash drive) from 3-4 prog programs, only Zero_Assumption_Recovery restored the file I needed ...

* rusigor I tried to run through the program. First they hang tight, then they give output input errors. For some reason, programs do not see the contents.

* IBruekner,
something here I did not understand ...
IBruekner @ 02/05/2016, 20:16*
First they hang tight, then they give output input errors.

programs that try to read info usually ignore such errors (otherwise - why are they needed ???)

Post has been editedrusigor - 06.02.16, 01:40

* rusigor like this. Neither smart to remove, nor the image. How to take out the data ??? I think formatting is dangerous for the data. Judging by the fact that the disk is quickly detected by the system, the controller is alive. :(

IBruekner @ 02/06/2016, 19:23*
I think formatting is dangerous for the data.

ANY file system manipulation is dangerous for data
IBruekner @ 02/06/2016, 19:23*
Neither smart to remove, nor the image. How to take out the data

In general (generally accepted practice) - first a bitwise image of the data is recorded with recording on another medium. Already from this image then the data is restored.
something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffe-z1A9GTM

Tools:
http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
1. Run HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool and save content of RAW disk / partition to another partition / file. For recovering let‘s choose “copy to * .img”
2. After file “.img” created - mount it to virtual drive (http: //www.slysoft.com...irtual-clonedrive.htmlfor ex.)
3. Start [testDisk] - photorec win.exe (https: //www.cgsecurity...wiki/TestDisk_Download) as Admin, and choose mounted drive
4. If you don’t know which file system was on broken disc / partition - choose “other”, else choose exact file system.
5. Choose folder for backup recovered files. Start recovery.
6. Look for recovered files in the “recovery” folder.

Maybe someone knows and can help ....

In general, from the very beginning, the hard drive had to be cut off from partition C: part, downloaded the acronis, launched .. AI .. It hung ... I killed the partition C table, the hard drive is visible, but the system writes a size of 0 bytes .. .

I tried to recover data from HandyRecovery, R-Studio, but a lot of files of large sizes and with strange names were restored.

The most necessary for recovery are photos, they are displayed both in HandyRecovery and in R-Studio, but 99% of them do not open ... He writes that they are corrupted, when he tries to open it in R-Studio, he simply opens it in hexadecimal format, it seems not empty (not filled with zeros) pictures, seem to fit in size .. But in the end they don’t open .. What can you advise?

Rep: (2708)
Gleb15 @ 02.21.2016, 19:54*
What can you advise?
From hereSearch for software for PC (Post Shoore # 42082707)and two posts down

Post has been editedShoore - 21.02.16, 19:59

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 06:26