Good afternoon, I want to share my experience on the firmware "animal" - Rombica Smart Box V001 to all who are interested and will be useful.
I bought it just over a week ago. And for a whole week with him I suffered, but did not enjoy buying. They were thought to pass it back, but I did not quickly give up) So more or less studied its iron (could not understand what kind of processor in this machine, because the manufacturer is well on it to try and share information as he had no desire to be seen), except this iron has studied many other consoles android TV. I found a number of devices for which similar characteristics. I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to try to put the firmware on Beelink X2, because there is a good thread insavagemessiahzine.comenough information and firmwareBeelink X2 - Discussion.
Below is attached instructions on the firmware.
We need an image for USB firmware, a USB cable A-A ("Dad" - "Dad"), a program for flashing devices on ALLWINNER - PhoenixSuit
1) Download the firmware image, for example, "update_X2_v203k4.zip" from the topic headerBeelink X2 - Discussion
and unzip the zip file to a file. Download PhoenixSuit software and drivers for the device (I took all this from the Rombica Smart Box Quad branch on the forumRombica Smart Box Quad - Discussion.
2) Prepare a USB A-A cable.
3) Install PhoenixSuit on your computer. and run it. In the program, look for the "Firmware" tab and via the "File" button you specify the place where you saved the file with the firmware in img format.
4) Connect the USB cable to the computer.
5) On the back of the case, between the USB connectors, there is a small hole and inside the firmware update button (the reset button). Press and hold this button through the hole with a sharp object (clip), and then connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port of the set-top box, which is near the Ethernet input.
5) Through the device manager, manually install the drivers if they are not installed when connecting the console. Win7 or another OS, I did it on Windows 10, MANDATORY with disabled driver digital signature verification.
6) The USB cable will power up and the console will enter the update status. The computer will then ask if you want to erase the data. Remove your hand from the firmware update button and select "yes" to confirm data erasure (I did and without erasing data, all my installed applications remained in this case), and after that the firmware process will start.
7. Upon completion of the firmware, disconnect the USB, connect the power supply and HDMI cable to the console. We are waiting for a couple of minutes and enjoy. Firmware after launch can be immediately updated by "air".
I was pleasantly surprised by the speed and optimization of the installed firmware. Heaven and earth in relation to what was "out of the box." The prefix really came to life.
I reprimanded it yesterday five times, testing different firmware. While I stopped at the custom firmware SC_V1.2 Custom Rom Beelink X2 from superceleron from the forumhttp://freaktab.com/fo...custom-rom-beelink-x2.
There are a lot of advantages, I will not describe everything, I will just say that the resolution in this firmware shows AnTuTu and in fact it is full hd 1920x1080, in the others it is lower.
Now ATTENTION! Of the minuses:
1) The buttons on the remote change their purpose. Dramatically. Found how to fix, but there is no time. Although I don't need the remote, I use the mouse
2. The prefix in the place of shutdown just reboots. Have to unplug from the outlet. For me it is not critical, the power supply will live longer.
P.S. If I did it, it doesnвЂ™t mean that you will succeed. Accordingly, do everything at your own peril and risk!Post has been editedScergei - 15.02.16, 13:05