Asus X554LJ - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 '' | Intel Core i3-4005U | 4GB RAM

Rep: (1)
Asus X554LJ discussion
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
[b]Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
CPU:
  • Intel Core i3 4005U (1.7 GHz, 2 core, 4 threads, 3Mb L3)
  • Intel Core i3 5005U (2.0 GHz, 2 core, 4 threads, 3Mb L3)
  • Intel Core i5 5200U (2.2 GHz, 2 core, 4 threads, 3Mb L3)

RAM:
  • DDR3L 4/6 Gb 1600 MHz

Video core:
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • Intel HD Graphics 5500
  • NVidia GeForce GT920M 1/2 Gb DDR3

Screen:
  • Matte / glossy transreflective TFT matrix with a resolution of 1366x768

Data storage:
  • 500 ... 2000 GB hard drive with a rotation speed of 5400 rpm
  • DVD-R / RW Optical Drive

additional information
The speed of the hard drive is poor. For an acceptable speed, it is recommended to buy an SSD for the system (especially for Windows 10, it is very demanding on disk speed).
Depending on the model, different screen coverage is used: the X554LJ-XX106T has a glossy screen with a transreflective matrix that allows you to see the text on the screen in direct sunlight. The viewing angles of the screen, however, are very mediocre - at the slightest deviation, the image goes into negative and reading something becomes quite difficult, so you constantly have to control the angle of the matrix.

Post has been editedstp101 - 27.05.18, 01:49

Rep: (0)
* flames666,

need DDR3L DDR3 not determined

Rep: (89)
I’ll also leave my comment on almost the same laptop.
Since it is quite voluminous and includes the history of the laptop, I’ll hide it under a spoiler.
I was going to buy an X554LJ with a Core i5 5200U, 4 GB of RAM and a GT920M on board in one of the stores in my city in the summer of 2016, but at the time of testing it turned out that there was a problem with the keyboard. Perhaps the loop was not fully connected. After 2 weeks, a similar laptop came from a neighboring city, and had no such problems. After another 3 days, I bought a 4 GB RAM from Crucial, since the Samsung bar worked unstably.
By default, Windows 10 Home is installed on this laptop, as evidenced by the sticker under the keyboard and the sticker on the back of the laptop. At first, there were no problems - the system loaded quite quickly from a 500GB HDD, but, as it happens with Windows, this happiness did not last long. Gradually, the speed of the system slipped to unstable.
I solved this problem in the summer of 2017 by installing a 128GB SSD, purchased on AliExpress (and put the HDD through the bay instead of the drive). Windows 10 worked very fast, Visual Studio and other "heavy" programs loaded quickly. In general, there were no complaints ... until once again updates were made and Windows died without the possibility of recovery (and I tried to restore, honestly). Then I discovered the world of Linux on a laptop. About this in more detail below.
There were no problems installing kUbuntu 16.04 - 30 gigabytes were allocated for the system, and 80 gigabytes for the home directory. This miracle worked very quickly. You shouldn’t lead to rubbish on the Internet such as “installing Linux instead of Windows for the sake of increasing productivity” - the same graphical interface works many times faster, there are no problems with Wi-Fi and the system does not require constant installation of updates upon shutdown / reboot. True ... Nvidia in Linux works so-so. It’s better not to install drivers on it.

Actually, now my review: the laptop has a powerful processor (i5 5200U), a small amount of RAM at 4 GB, which can be expanded to 12, and weak graphics GT920M. The hard drive is a narrow neck in this configuration, so immediately after the purchase, you should consider buying an SSD for the laptop. The glossy TN + film screen is a plus for me, since you can completely turn off the backlight (which is valuable hours of battery life) and still see the text on the screen (of course, if the light or the sun shines directly on the screen). At medium brightness in web surfing mode in Win 10 with a balanced mode, the notebook lasts 3-4 hours. The minimum brightness and energy saving will allow you to pull out 5-6 hours. The sound, albeit loud, but terrible in quality - let's say thanks to the quality of the case and the way he likes to rattle. However, after gluing the insides with the same antiskrip, the problem with the sound disappeared. True, there was a problem with the keyboard - when you press the keys, the first one bends, which leaves an unpleasant feeling about the laptop. On this, the pros and cons of the laptop ended, and I conclude my story about him. I hope my experience is useful to someone.

But no one wants to make a recovery disk and put it on a thread?

Rep: (3)
Hello, do not tell me which memory bar should be taken for this "beast", so as not to be mistaken

Deadboy_y @ 07/27/18, 17:52*
what level of memory do you need

At home in the evening I'll see how I bought memory

I apologize for the delay

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (3)
* MouseDD,
Thank

* felldie try to do as in this video
Link
It helped me, it costs win 7 ult.

Post has been editeddenver811205 - 26.08.18, 23:13
Reason for editing: Inserted link

Rep: (2)
Asus X554L bought memory onAliinserted ashereearned paired with a native

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been edited22Andrey06 - 01.11.18, 12:31

Lord, can anyone share drivers on wifi under Windows 7? For the third day I can not configure wifi after I stuck the seven.

20 gig of RAM! The flight is normal!

16 gb module. bought on ebee half a year ago ~ 6000 rubles. and worked great on the Lenovo X250.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

The sticker says asus x554l, but actually I have asus x555lj (i5200u, 920m: 1gb, ram: 4gb). I want to add RAM (4gb), which one to install? (Preferably a link to the store)

Post has been editede5571 - 27.12.18, 22:10

What type should I take a slide instead of a drive? 12 or 9 mm?

Rep: (4)
I downloaded the image of the recovery partition on Windows 10
Who needs to-knock on drugs.
Or by e-mail [email protected]

I share my upgrade:
1. RAM 8GB HYNIX HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB DDR3L 1600 SO-DIMM
Tookhere

2. SSD 500Gb - Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E500BW

3. Slide to replace the optical drive on the Palmexx Optibay HDD9.5mm

The total amount of RAM is 12 GB, when choosing, pay special attention to the voltage of 1.35V (marked as DDR3L ) Perhaps a larger volume will pull, but I did not dare. The memory is well-written here

Independent replacement of difficulties did not cause, although he did everything for the first time. Video disassembly instructions are on YouTube.
After all the manipulations, the laptop got a second life, it turns on quickly, the overall response of the system is more pleasing than after the purchase.

I installed Windows 10 from scratch from an image from the Microsoft website. The license was restored through a Microsoft account registered prior to reinstallation.

Post has been editedtankeest - 13.04.19, 11:32
Reason for editing: Removed a lot of words under the spoiler

The screen flickers when running on battery power. When working from the network there are no problems.
Has anyone come across? Is it possible to solve the problem without service and matrix replacement?

Rep: (263)
* tankeest
I have the same thing, I searched on the Internet - most likely the matrix has nothing to do with it - the reason is simpler, but you still need to in the SC

* tankeest
On these models, this is a factory defect. It is solved by repair / replacement of the matrix. It will not be possible to repair the matrix itself, changing it is easier, but I would not recommend it anyway. The laptop will have to be disassembled completely and not otherwise.

Post has been editedmadfisht3 - 16.04.19, 11:01

* 999FIREBALL999 9 mm, but it is better to check in place

Citizens! Help!
This device is on hand with this problem:
Attached Image

What I already did: updated to 10 (was 8) through the official website (there is a license); updated all possible firewood.
And, interestingly, sometimes after rebooting or closing / opening the laptop, the problem disappears.
Any ideas where to think and what to do?

Post has been editedSergoreddi - 26.05.19, 17:36

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 9:40 p.m.