Ugoos AM1 - Discussion | Amlogic S905 TV Box

Rep: (160)
DiscussionUgoos AM1
Picture[Android] [TV Box] [S905]
Discussion пїЅ

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Processor (CPU): Amlogic S905
Video chip (GPU): Mali-450mp
Random Access Memory (RAM): 2 GB DDR3
Internal Memory (Internal Flash): 16 GB
Connectors: SD card, 3xUSB 2.0, Ethernet (1000Mbit), HDMI 2.0, SPDIF

A photo
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Reviews
Firmware
Useful
Purchase

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 05.10.16, 09:53
Reason for editing: Reduced to standard section

Rep: (1)
DiscussionUgoos AM1 - Discussion
Amlogic S905 TV Box
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Specifications and images of the device are taken from the official site of Ugoos

OS Android 5.1.1
Languages ​​Multi-Language support
CPU (S905) Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHZ (DVFS)
GPU Penta -core ARM Mali 450 GPU up to 750MHz + (DVFS), OpenGL ES1.1 / 2.0, Open VG 1.1, 2250Mpix / sec and 165Mtri / sec
SDRAM DDR3 2GB
Flash 16gb
Network 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi 802.11 b / g / n. Support LAN 100M / 1000M Base-T
WIFI Module AP6335
The extended storage SD Card, up to 32GB (SD2.X, SD3.X, SD4.X, eMMC ver5.0)
Power Supply DC 12V / 3A 3.5mm DC-in
HDMI Output HDMI (1.4 and 2.0) to support maximum 4K @ 60fps
output (HDCP2.2)
USB Port 3 * USB 2.0 Host
Data Output 1 * SPDIF
Led work light support
Network 1 * RJ45 1000M (Gigabit network)
Power Supply 1 * DC Jack
Camera Support external USB camera 200W / 500W пј€optionпј‰
Audio Container MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, OGG
Audio Out HDMI Data Output / SPDIF
Video CODEC H.265 [email protected] up to 4K * 2K @ 60fps
H.264 AVC [email protected] up to4K * 2K @ 60fps
H2.64 MVC up to4K * 2K @ 30fps
MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-14496)
WMV / VC-1 5P / MP / AP up to 1080P @ 60fps
AVS-P16 (AVS +) / AVS-P2 jiZhun Profile up to 1080P @ 60fps
MPEG-2 MP / HL up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-13818)
MPEG-1 MP / HL up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-11172)
Realvideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P
WebM up to VGA
Multiple language and multiple format video support
MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixe resolution decoding (ISO / IEC-10918)
Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
Support * .mkv, *. Wmv, *. Mpg, *. Mpeg, *. Dat, *. Avi, *. Mov, *. Iso, *. Mp4, *. Rm
and * .jpg file formats
Software Extension Support Google Play & APK install
DLNA, Miracast Protocol Support DLNA, Miracast Protocol
Remote Control Remote Controller
Operationg Temperature 0 ~ 70 в„ѓ
Storage Temperature -10 ~ 70 в„ѓ
Humidity environment 5% -90% (No condensationпј‰
Dimension 118 * 118 * 22mm
Gift Box Size 162 * 162 * 80mm

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 13.08.16, 12:59
Reason for editing: Reduced to standard section

Good afternoon, I received the prefix yesterday, I will write a short review
I ordered it on Gearbest, they didn’t send it for 10 days, after cursing the manager, they sent DHL Express, that is, I received it in 3 days.
Such delivery costs at least 50-60 ye, that is, almost the cost of the console.
After Noname CS918, Ugoos looks like a branded thing, it can be seen by the quality of assembly and configuration. Full aluminum body
assembly is good. I was pleased with the quality HDMI cable in the kit, although it is a bit short and a good remote.
The only downside is that the network adapter didn’t work, I took the old one from CS918 and it came up.
AM1 works faster than CS918 I don’t know because of the process costs I feel or from the new version of Android
CS918 was completely fine, but it often turned into a reboot due to heating, I certainly stuck radiators on it, but it didn't help much
Well, I also wanted something new and a new android.
The AM1 remote works fine with the Ugoos android shell, of course I ordered another remote from Tronsmart but haven’t received it yet
Also I liked 4K, I like it, it pulls without glitches. Full HD also without glitches. I do not play games
Bought only for Video and TV.
Wifi catches well
A more detailed review will be later
I hope someone else bought it, or you need a community
I chose between other consoles, but I had the first whistle from Ugoos, there was good tech support from the manufacturer
therefore chose him
Here are a couple of photos, the insides are slightly different from other reviews
Photo Devices
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedbumer135 - 21.01.16, 13:26
Reason for editing: I want pictures in the spoiler

Rep: (1976)
M
The topic has been moved to the section.Media consoles

Added firmware Android 5.1.1 fmware V0.0.2b for AM1
I do not know yet how it differs from the first version, I will test

Rep: (6)
Please post a test of Flash speed and frame prog a1 sd bench

Now more time has appeared, while I was making screenshots of 3 firmware, a new one was already released
I’ll post the test later.
What's new in 3 firmware
The new launcher, much more convenient than the old one, adapted more for the remote
Ruth and all sorts of lotions
Here are a couple of screenshots
Shell Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedbumer135 - 13.03.16, 02:11

Rep: (459)
Here are a couple of photos, the insides are slightly different from other reviews
What are the differences? I only saw a red mask, otherwise one in one pcb like a telos. In the photo I saw a soldered sata and a strapping to it, in theory with the firmware from Tronsmart it should work if the PSU is 12 volts.

They differ in the version of the case plastic and metal and the version of the boards seen on the Internet.
From Tronsmart firmware is not suitable, at least in the standard solution

* bumer135,
And what does the console look like on / off? Can I somehow turn on without a remote control? (provided that the power supply is constantly plugged in). There is a radio mouse and I would not want to keep the remote constantly nearby just for the sake of turning it on.

Only with the remote control is it possible, the new shell is perfect for the remote control, I had an extra one from the thronsmart with a keyboard.
I do not use now

Good afternoon, who has boxing in black, is the board also interested in black or red?

I have it in black. Today came from China. I have not opened it yet, but from below through the grate you can see the black board.

I am interested in this question. The home button on the panel (and remote) closes the active application, but in theory it should only minimize as on all android devices. What is not convenient - for example, I’m watching YouTube, I suddenly decided to check the mail, press home, open the mail. Then I go back to YouTube, (by shortcut or through the window switch button, it doesn’t matter) and instead of a stopped video I see how the YouTube main page reloads. And according to this scheme with all applications. Is that all? How to deal with this, who knows? In general, the usual logic of work collapses.

Today a new firmware version 0.0.5 has been released. Flooded. The On / Off button on the remote control began to work, but with home the trouble remained.

Well, a couple of words about other impressions at the same time.
Annoying settings interface adapted for the remote. I use the mouse, but this new miracle interface is not friendly with it. I would completely refuse it, but in the standard interface there are no settings, and in the new there are not some others. So you have to climb two.
The console is useless as usual. Most buttons do not work.* bumer135, I wrote that it is convenient, but how to flip through the YouTube remote? And the browser ... Just for the sake of On / Off to keep it. I think to make a USB-controlled socket from the telly through the relay. So that the console with the telly turned on, but from the native power supply.

Rep: (512)
* Betelgeus,
Tronsmart Vega S95 Pro / Meta / Telos / RUBOX LITE 2 - Discussion (Post by d51x # 46643652)

* Betelgeus, please reset the store link in which you ordered :)

* johnson72
Thank! It helped.

* lovator
I bought directly from the manufacturer on ugoos.net. He wrote off in a chat, then paid $ 85 through paypal, then wrote by mail. Bear in mind that the prefix costs $ 61, the rest is for delivery from Hong Kong in transit through Germany to Russia to simplify or reduce the cost of customs. It came in 14 days, but not the fact that another time it will be the same. The track number is sent.

I would take it from the locals on ugoos.ru, but they only have a blue case. But delivery is not more than a week in Russia. I took the previous Ugoos MK809IV from them.

Oh, how glad I am not the only one with this prefix
Betelgeus, where did you find the 5 firmware?
There are only 4 on the site

I ordered on Gearbest they went in 11 days, bought for 70 euros
As for the home button, did it seem to be decided?
In the settings you can disconnect the launcher from the drag and set the standard one, it is better for a mouse
By the way, I use the remote control, to be honest, in YouTube I look almost nothing, but in videomix, hdrezka, hdeserials applications it’s convenient for me
I rarely use a browser in chrome, like you can also type text

* bumer135,
The firmware is on ugoos.net in the Blog section.

I turned off the Ugoos launcher immediately, but the settings remain for the remote control. If you press the gear in the curtain, it offers what settings to open. He said always open the standard. But the label still opens the console. You have to poke the mouse twice on the icons. Scrolling with the wheel does not work, and pulling it with a click - begins to jerk jerkyly. It is impossible to enter some sections. Through the More button, go to standard.
The usual launcher also does not like. Shortcuts to the whole screen can not be arranged, a bunch of shortcuts in the middle of the screen, and the edges are empty. How to change this is not clear. It may be possible to scale the workstation as in smartphones, but two clicks without a touchscreen cannot be done. I think I'll put the Asus-launcher for smartphones, it is flexibly configured.

Yesterday I measured the current consumption.
In the work: 0.45 A. This is the maximum that I saw. Drove tests antutu, video ...
In a calm state: 0.25 A on average.
In sleep mode: 0.13 A.
Off: 0.11 A. Which is pretty much.

All this suggests that the prefix can be powered from a usb TV, but it will no longer be possible to stick in tins and charge phones from it.

Betelgeus you can check the bluetooth on my 5 firmware does not see the device

* bumer135,
Checked works.
By the way, for those who do not know, if you use a LAN and remove the antenna, the bluetooth will not work, maybe. Wi-Fi and bluetooth are one module.

And you check whether copy-paste of the selected text works. For example, the "Insert" button does not work for me. And dropdowns in the browser too. This seems to be one common jamb with floating buttons in the firmware.

Also, for some reason, the remote control again stopped turning on the console, if it was turned off by the remote control. In general, remote control.
I bought a cheap one and a half meter three-socket extension cord 220 V and relay SRD-05VDC-SL-C. I inserted the relay into the extension casing into the gap of one core and fed the winding through the USB cable from the TV. Now everything works from a single button on the TV remote.

Even when you turn on the console, the message "update failed check your OTA server agent" hangs. Do you also?

I want to write about all kasyaki koment ugoos.net under firmware.

Post has been editedBetelgeus - 14.06.16, 06:22

Rep: (5)
* Betelgeus,
About the settings. You can get into the standard Android settings via TvSettings by clicking the More Settings button. If you need a shortcut directly to the usual Android settings, then you can create it using this miracle program -link

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/16/19, 00:04