PROMETHEUS | [firmware] Script for compiling Padavan firmware and its modifications
Do you need the support of two repositories?
Before answering, please read the information in the header, thanks!
Support two repositories needed. [ 137 ] ** [13,88%]
It is better to use one but maintain high stability and integration. [ 720 ] ** [72,95%]
I do not know what to say. [ 130 ] ** [13,17%]
Total votes: 987

Rep: (1300)
PROMETHEUS

Attached Image

Attention!
• The script does not affect in any way whether the firmware is going to be installed or not (with the exception of outdated build configurations, their relevance is monitored by the authors). Only source version and dependency (installed packages) are affected. If you have not gathered something, you need to check the integrity of the source code and the installed packages.
• All merits in creating the firmware relate exclusively toandy.padavanand co-authors, we deal only with the script, patches and porting.
Prometheus script and firmware distribution terms :
пїЅ You can not distribute ready-made assembly devices for companies other than ASUS;
• You can not use the script to build the firmware with proprietary modules;
• It is strictly forbidden to distribute mods, patches and parts of the code that interfere with the above conditions.

Use virtual machine images by office. links or distribution previously checked for assembly. On Ubuntu 18 may not be collected.
FAQ
I'm not going to firmware, what to do?
In any case, you need to copy or scroll and lay out (under the spoiler) a piece of the log, which will appear after a failed compilation.
I assembled the firmware, but forgot to add skins / modules
You can add them after compilation and repeat the procedure again. The script will ask you to confirm the experimental compilation of the firmware, if you answer positively, only the missing / updated modules are re-compiled, the compile time will be reduced to 2-5% of the total.
When should you collect TOOLCHAIN?
When the firmware is first assembled, TOOLCHAIN ​​will be assembled automatically; it is not necessary to rebuild it until it is updated in the repository. This happens very rarely and I do not think that you should worry about it.
Where can I see the changes in the firmware?
You can visit the appropriate the page , and changes in the script are published on official website script .
How often would you advise to update the firmware?
As often as you like, but no more often than changes occur in the repository. Do not forget to update the scripts and source code.
How can I update the scripts?
The scripts are updated automatically at the first start and in the manual mode through the menu, pay attention to the existence of two branches of scripts, stable and test. Test provides always the most extreme commit from the firmware repository but may be with errors.
Can I change the selected router and not download the source code?
Yes you can. You can change the config of the router while keeping the old config or delete the current config completely in the settings (command S).
Turning on and off the firmware modules on the example of Aria
How to remove the firmware on a flash drive?
I found an error in the script, where to turn?
Write to the author of the topic in QMS.
How can I change or fix ttl?

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The main features of the script
1. Automatic assembly with user parameters;
2. Firmware configuration editor;
3. Skin system integration;
4. Automatic installation of compiled firmware on the router;
5. System for creating and restoring back-ups of all partitions;
6. Ability to work with several routers in turn;
7. System of protection from erroneous actions of users;
8. Different mods from the authors of the script.
List of optional supported configs
ASUS RT-AC1200HP, RT-AC51U, RT-AC54U, RT-N11P, RT-N14U, RT-N56U, RT-N56UB1, RT-N65U are supported Xiaomi MI-MINI, MI-NANO, NEXX wt3020a, wt3020h, wt3020f, Belkin N750 DB, Samsung CY-SWR1100 , ZyXEL Keenetic devices 4g3, extra, giga3, lite2, lite3, lite3b, omni, omni2, start2, ultra2, viva , TP-Link Archer C20 V1 , UnieLec U7621-06 , GL-MT300N and GL-MT300A .
And also in test mode:ZBT-WG3526 , ZBT-WE1326 , Xiaomi MI-3C (no SSH hack), MI-3 (nand flash driver is unstable) MI-3G , D-Link DIR-860L (requires manual EEPROM calibrations), Mqmaker WITI-512 and WITI-256 (configs do not spread, but scripts are adapted).
Install and Run
The script runs on any Debian Linux-like distribution. It weighs little, works smartly, meets the safety criteria for firmware and contains various mods and hacks. The time required to compile and install software can take from 10 minutes on a modern computer and up to 15 hours on the legacy of the nineties. Soberly evaluate your time before starting the compilation operation, this is the key to success.
To run on your main Linux system, do the following:
1. Open a terminal;
2. Download the script by entering the command:
wget -O start.sh http://prometheus.freize.net/script/start-99.sh

3. Enter:
chmod + x start.sh

4. Run the script and follow the instructions in the terminal:
./start.sh

If you have a 64-bit system installed, it is recommended to use VMware Workstation Player:
1. Download and install VMware Workstation Player ;
2. Download and unzip a virtual machine image PROMETHEUS ( Mirror );
3. Start VMware Workstation Player and add the unpacked container;
4. Configure container settings:
4.1. Configure the number of cores and RAM for the virtual machine;
4.2. Check the remaining container settings.
5. Start the virtual machine.

If you have an 86x (32x) bit system, it is recommended to install Oracle VM VirtualBox:
1. Download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox ;
2. Download and unzip a virtual machine image PROMETHEUS ( Mirror );
3. Run Oracle VM VirtualBox and add the unpacked container;
4. Configure container settings:
4.1. Configure the number of cores and RAM for the virtual machine;
4.2. Be sure to switch the network connection to bridge mode.
5. Start the virtual machine.

Installing PROMETHEUS script on ubuntu 18.04

Before the initial firmware of the router, it is necessary to perform the initialization of the router (and for MI-MINI once apply the SSH hack, point 3). On the installed xrmwrt, it is enough to enable SSH support in the settings of the router, where the login and password will be the same as on the WEB interface.
After the first initialization of the script, you can use the file manager by typingmc
For the script to work, the Internet is needed at the preparatory stage for the compilation and the update time, for hacking and firmware, there is no need for the Internet.

It is highly recommended to go from the first point to the last (within reason, of course, you do not need to update the scripts and walk-throughs after the first launch and some items can duplicate each other, for example, the manual and automatic editor of the config), and reload the router after flashing. Nothing bad will happen if these recommendations are not followed, but in order to get a 100% positive result, it is better to obey them.
Instructions from neighboring topics
Multiple printers on one router
Added to the firmware TOR, and how to configure? Addition.
Instructions in Russian for setting the firmware
Installing a network printer
Transmission Setup
Ad blocker
Owncloud + nginx + php5-fpm + https Cloud
How to run MPD radio
Radio control from IR remote without LIRC

Skins:
All skins should be replaced at the compilation stage of the firmware, the Prometheus script supports all skins, change of choice through the admin panel of the router.
Multiskin (version independent)
Outdated varsii skins

Other:
Backcap entware
Rrdstorm
Control router via telegram
Removal of 404 error output windows (about servers not found) when installing the ad blocker script.
Add scanner support(there is an alternative way through the entware module, see the package archive for it in the header)
Remote control multifunction device
Aria add WEB to the patch(the instruction is already irrelevant, I leave for example the addition of something to the firmware)
Video build and firmware
Boot sectors
Attention!Do not know what it is? Do not touch!
Advantages of custom loaders, it is an opportunity to restore the custom firmware immediately, unlike the stock one, which can only be restored to the virgin state. Please note that if you suddenly make a mistake in something when flashing the boot sector, you will get a brick to support the table leg, by the way is very convenient.
At the moment, the script allows almost safely (only if the light does not blink) flashing the boot sector, as well as compile it for all routers.

Comment author firmware

Instructions for restoring firmware:
1. Copy to the root of the first section of the USB Flash disk (usb 2.0), pre-formatted (ie, empty) in FAT16 / FAT32, the firmware image, while renaming the file to "root_uImage" (without quotes and extensions, BUT case sensitive );
2. Turn off the power of the router (pull out the power cord from the router);
3. Insert the USB flash disk into the USB port of the router;
4. Clamp the RESET button and turn on the router (we plug the power cord into the router) without releasing the RESET;
5. WAITING, at first the router will turn red, then it will flash and the flash drive (if there is an indicator on it) will also blink, after a minute the other router will stop blinking and only THEN, release RESET
5. After some time, if the indicator of the router does not change color to blue, restart it, the firmware will load. If it does not, check the USB flash drive or pick up another one.
Useful
Information unit in binary numbering system GOST 8.417-2002 GSI
bit2(bit) - amount of information 1 (usually used to denote the connection speed and the amount of information transmitted);
byte2,3 - amount of information 1 equal to8bit (usually used to denote the amount of data on the media).

1) The term “amount of information” is used in devices for digital processing and transmission of information, for example in digital computing (computers), to record the amount of storage devices, the amount of memory used by a computer program.
2) In accordance with the international standard IEC 60027-2, the “bit” and “byte” units are used with SI prefixes.
3) Historically, there is such a situation that the name “byte” is incorrect (instead of 1000 = 103accepted 1024 = 210) used (and use) SI prefixes: 1 Kbyte = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1024 Kbytes, 1 Gbytes = 1024 Mbytes, etc. At the same time, the designation Kbytes start with a capital letter unlike the lowercase letter “k” to designate a multiplier ten3.

Log changes in the script
List of scheduled updates
The authors of the project and those who just helped.
Videoscript work
Othervideorouter settings with firmware from Padavan
Ready archives for the module Entware.mod
How to sew Zyxel (original source)

Build firmware on a subsystem in Windows 10 NEW

ATTENTION!!! By a large number of requests and survey results, I transferred the project from the test version to the stable version. For those who have already used the test branch, nothing will change. For those who have used the stable, it will be necessary to completely transfer the scripts (the transition through the update is impossible). Thank you for understanding.

The curator of the topic is Freize. For all questions about updating and filling the caps, please contact directly toQMS.

Post has been editedFreize - 03.02.19, 11:12
Reason for editing: Changing the stable version

Rep: (2)
Freize
current firmware version is 0.7.20

Post has been editedfresher13 - 31.12.15, 15:01

Rep: (501)
current 0.7.20

oh, put something fresher, and better the last
you can even 2.2.100 / 105

Post has been editedyadoff - 31.12.15, 16:39

* fresher13, Mammoths nervously smoking on the sidelines, maybe there was a hole there was not through which the hack is done.
* yadoff can make a list of supported firmware?

Rep: (519)
* yadoff all I want to ask. What do you think about the addition of an openssh-server depending Prometheus. Personally, I do not need it, I myself can put the right package. However, everyone who wants to rip the firmware from the virtual machine can be easily directed to install WinSCP . There the interface, as in Total Commander, anyone will understand. The easiest way, in my opinion.

Post has been editedfirsthash - 31.12.15, 16:14

* firsthash, In dependencies, there is absolutely nothing to do with this, you can register a command, say, by pressing a button ... again, the problem will be with finding the IP of the machine.

Rep: (519)
Freize @ 12/31/2015, 15:20*
again, the problem will be with finding the IP machine

There is an idea to display IP virtualki somewhere in the interface of Prometheus

Rep: (1509)
* Freize,
shows that it compares with 8 megabytes, and when the assembly exceeds 8 meters it says that everything is ok.
Type your firmware 10m that fits into 8m !!!

* crocodil2,
yes, there was a bug, thanks

Rep: (1)
So I, too, after a long study of the forum, successfully upgraded from the bear to Padawan version 098. Now the task is: how to connect this router to the smartphone as a repeater repeater in order to access the Internet from the tablet at the cottage. In the web muzzle settings Administration - the mode of operation of such an item is not. Maybe not there looking. What do you advise?

* wladkom you are a little off topic, but I will answer.
Switch to AP mode (although you can not switch, only change the range of ip output) and look for settings in the WiFi "bridge".

Rep: (0)
Hello
I want to thank the authors for their work. But :)

I ran the script for the first time, the repositories were updated, the packages were updated, but everything stopped at the sshpass installation. Thoughtfully on this slack about 10 minutes was killed by Ctrl + C. Now, when I restart, I only have

-------------------------------------------------------------------
0000 0000 00000 0 0 00000 00000 0 0 00000 0 0 00000
0 0 0 0 0 0 00 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0000 0000 0 0 0 00 0 00000 0 00000 00000 0 0 00000
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 00000 0 0 00000 0 0 0 00000 00000 00000
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Scripts: NO

Files and empty directories are created:

~ prometheus $ ls -1
logs
scripts
start.sh
update.tar

and that is all. Linux OS 4.2.0-22-generic # 27-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 17 22:57:08 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU / Linux

Post has been editedBess - 01.01.16, 17:05

* Bess
delete everything and try again

Rep: (0)
This is the first thing I did. Different directories, the file was downloaded several times, starting with sudo. The result, unfortunately, is one.

Post has been editedBess - 01.01.16, 17:06

Rep: (6)
but it stopped at the sshpass installation

A year ago, well, that is, yesterday I also stopped at this stage, and 3 times (three attempts with complete removal).
I thought that the firmware could already be ready and ssh could be added for further actions?
On the advice of experienced comrades, it was possible to pull the firmware out of the graphical shell, but it turned out to be somehow small (only 7.7 MB).
By the way, what should be the size of the firmware?
Despite the great experience with Linux (2 days), I still dare to ask if the router itself, for which the firmware is being made, is running the script
should it be connected or can you connect to the internet on third-party equipment?

* Freize,
Once the topic has become separate, then you can ask the Padawan configs for Zuxel giga 3, ultra 2, extra.
By the way, extra is xiaomi mini with gigabit ports.
And Ultra2 is a dual core with 2 streams per core, with 128 m Flush and 256 m frame, 8 gigabit ports. (I was interested).
All the switches and switches are supported by the Padawan firmware, configs can only be asked for from it.

* crocodil2, it is possible ... I am not ready to write configs myself, as a matter of fact, neither the desire nor the strength, nor is it worth testing.
Maybe I'll get busy later.

* Freize,
You don’t need to write yourself, Padawan has one for the test.
If I take the ultras 2 then I will ask the Padawan, damn but the price bites.
By the way, the 8 port gigabit switch supports link aggregation.
In short, there is where to roam.

By the way, the 8 port gigabit switch supports link aggregation.
In short, there is where to roam.

and why if it is so gigabit? )

* yadoff
It will be two-gigabit.

Rep: (13)
And Ultra2 is a dual core with 2 streams per core, with 128 m Flush and 256 m frame, 8 gigabit ports. (I was interested).
All the switches and switches are supported by the Padawan firmware, configs can only be asked for from it.

And the prospects for the development of Mi-router (R2D) is not expected?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19, 21:28