Samsung SM-Z300F Z3 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5 "

Rep: (2)
DiscussionSamsung SM-Z300F / SM-Z300H (Z3)
PictureSamsung SM-Z300F Z3, Z3
Discussion пїЅ |

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications

Screen Type: 5-inch Super AMOLED, 293 ppi
Screen resolution: 1280x720 pixels
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 4 cores
Tact. CPU frequency: 1.2 GHz
Video accelerator: Adreno 306
RAM capacity: 1 GB
Internal memory: 8 GB (5.3 available)
MicroSD card slot: there is, up to 128 GB
Main camera: 8 megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash
Front-camera: 5 megapixel
Mobile connection: 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) + Support LTE Cat. four
Dual SIM card format microSIM
Wireless technology: Wi-Fi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, GLONASS, FM radio
Operating system: Tizen OS 2.4.0.1
Battery capacity: 2 600 mAh
Dimensions: 141.5 X 69.9 X 7.9 mm
Weight: 110 grams
Colors: black White

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful information

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedklich007 - 09.12.17, 14:23
Reason for editing: Service firmware

Rep: (354)
* Glockus,
The device on hand?

Gonza555 @ 12.28.2015, 06:18*
The device on hand?

I have this miracle in my hands under the control of Tizen 2.4.0.1. A few words about a little experience using.
In order to work with the device via sdb, it is necessary to activate the developer options.
Open the dialer, enter the code * # 84936 #. In the window that opens, move the slider to the "on" position.
Activate dev opt
Attached Image

Now in the settings menu developer options are available. We open. Turn on USB debugging.
USB debugging
Attached Image

Now you can connect via sdb.

Logging in as root failed - permission denied.
The device works on the Linux kernel version 3.10.28. Shell version 3.2.
The system has an RPM package manager version 4.9.1.
From the jambs, I noticed that the ps utility is damaged (instead of the rights, owner, group, creation time, question marks).
utilities in / bin
Attached Image

The native application could not be poured into the phone.
Mistake
Attached Image

Today I will try to upgrade to version 2.4.0.2

Firmware catalog
Attention! These images are for the Z300.H !
In no case do not try to flash the phone with them if you have a Z300 modelF
Get a brick, but with the ability to go into download mode

All actions on the firmware you do at your own peril and risk!
firmware

I’m not sure yet whether it’s worth starting a separate topic on firmware?

Post has been editedGlockus - 19.01.16, 18:49

Rep: (0)
* Glockus,
where did you get this device?

* Gonza555
it’s not actually android, it’s Tizen! There is a section for himOther OS

Admiral4ik @ 12.29.2015, 10:32*
where did you get this device?

Samsung gave to use: rolleyes:

I asked for a phone. Unsuccessfully. Lost bootloader. When connected to a computer, Odin sees the phone. On Linux, when connected, the device / dev / ttyACM0 appears.
What can I read about rebuilding bricks with a dead bootloader?

Rep: (59)
Glockus @ 01/05/2016, 03:22*
Samsung gave to use: rolleyes:

if the body is relevant, then write, please, impressions, very interesting
I'm looking forward to this device with interest

From the point of view of the developer, the device is interesting because it works under a fully functional Linux kernel, has a package manager, a large number of development tools. Theoretically, you can put ruby, python, etc. and write appendices in these languages. I tried to run examples from the Tizen SDK on it, they are not installed. The problem, most likely, is the lack of root rights. By standard means (sdb root on), working with superuser rights did not work (on the emulator, by the way, everything works).

From the point of view of the average user - an uninteresting dummy. No app store. There is a dialer, contacts, messages, calendar, email client, radio, voice recorder, file manager. In general, the standard set as in any budget android smartphone without Samsung trash. I have not yet found any applications (* .tpk) on the network (I may have searched poorly). In general, the UI is a copy of the Samsung Android 5x version. The camera, by the way, cannot capture full HD video from Tizen 2.4.0.1. Judging by the reviews, the previous version (2.4.0.0) had this feature. It should be noted that there is a recovery and boot mode similar to Samsung Android smartphones.
The smartphone consumes battery power sparingly. Day 4 can live with an average load.
In general, Tizen in this device is much like Android.
Tizen itself is an interesting platform, but the average user is unattractive due to the lack of applications. Of the shortcomings, a small community should be noted, but I am sure that the situation will soon change.

Unfortunately, now I have a brick on my hands after an unsuccessful firmware ...

Post has been editedGlockus - 19.01.16, 19:05

Rep: (59)
Thank you Interesting.
I searched on the internet, I wrote to Samsung in a chat - there is no exact \ exemplary information about the supply and sales of the device.
Samsung is completing Knox. Probably the application store is actively developing.
I’m interested in a bunch: a modern samrtfon (average) + battery.
Subscribed to the topic, read, write ...

Rep: (19)
It seems they should have made a premium phone on Tizen. It is a pity Samsung Z canceled the device so the device is beautiful, solid, display 4.7, 2 GB of RAM.
Unfortunately, now I have a brick on my hands after an unsuccessful firmware ...

How did it work, brakes, lags? Giga RAM enough? I tried to test the battery, how much did it work in surfing mode?

DAskeza @ 02/03/2016, 12:57*
How did it work, brakes, lags? Giga RAM enough? I tried to test the battery, how much did it work in surfing mode?

In active use mode: Internet (web surfing, checking mail on average 2 hours a day), watching videos, photos, shooting videos, text notes through the factory application - the battery charge dropped from 72% to 20 in 4 days. But this is without sims. Giga RAM is enough to work with stock applications. The interface does not slow down, it works smoothly. The phone warmed up while watching Full HD.

Post has been editedGlockus - 07.02.16, 01:25

Rep: (430)
Service firmware

When installing this firmware, all user data and files will be deleted.

• Model: SM-Z300H
  • Model Name: Samsung Z3
  • A country: India
  • OS version: Tizen 2.4.0.3
  • Build date: 13.09.2016
  • Region code: INS
  • PDA: Z300HDDU0BPI2
  • CSC: Z300HODD0BPI2
  • MODEM: Z300HDDU0BPD4

Download:
Cloud@mail.ru

Post has been editedklich007 - 09.12.17, 14:23
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (34)
* Aramir_, there’s nowhere to get a smartphone, but here is the firmware.

Rep: (170)
* alehek it is possible at resellers, for example on ebay

Post has been editedzhsv - 13.07.16, 23:26

Rep: (34)
Clear. That's only in Russia, the expected price was 9500 rubles, and there $ 176 + $ 25 shipping. Also wait from India. Sadness ...

only in Russia the expected price was 9500 rubles

That is yes. At the rate of 33p per dollar it would be super, but alas ..

Rep: (0)
Aramir_ HUGE THANKS TO YOU !!!

Yesterday the SM-Z300H arrived from India, the device is interesting. There is one ambush with him, samsung cut out all localizations except English (15 Asian languages ​​like Hindi do not count). The interface doesn’t care what is in English, but on the keyboard without Russian in any way. On xda-devs there is a topic about languages ​​for Z1, you can add, but you need root on the device. I still do not understand how to get the root.

I inserted the SIM card MTS, everything is ok. Calls, sms come, 3G works. It is surprising that there is tethering. The rear camera is so-so. The device is conveniently in the hand, the back cover is soft touch. The plastic contour is slippery.
There are no jams in the interface, though in the background I didn’t run resource-intensive applications. There is a theme store, and indeed customization at a high level. There is synchronization of contacts and calendar with samsung account, as well as with Google. Gmail can pull mail. Whatsapp, facebook, fb messanger, youtube, some kind of maps are pre-installed here (former Nokiev looks like).
Tizen Store is working, the application has cried. I did not find twitter client, but I don’t need anything else yet)

During the night without a SIM card with wifi on, it was discharged by 1%, until there is a Russian keyboard, you can’t walk around with it and estimate the battery consumption fully.

Sorry for the mess. Attached some pictures
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

If you have questions - ask.

Post has been editedzhsv - 24.03.16, 11:37

* zhsv
Does Gear Manager work on it normally?
http: //www.sammobile.c...g-z3-released-in-beta/

* Aramir_, but it’s not there yet, read there attentively "Procedure to download the Gear Manager App, features supported and other details will be updated here once the app is ready for download.". So far, registration for the beta test is only open, when the application itself will be, and most importantly, the release in the Tizen Store is unclear.

Update: registered, but didn’t seem to have time. "Members who have registered for the Gear Manager BETA till 24th March, 2016 (9:00 AM IST) have been approved." Herehereyou can read about the current progress

Post has been editedzhsv - 24.03.16, 20:57

* zhsv
Following this link should work with Z3:
https://samsung.tizenforum.com/?topic=7177.0

* Aramir_,
doesn't work, writes "An Error Has Occurred!: The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 11:35 PM