> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

427 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Google Nexus 5X - Unofficial Firmware
Alexand®
Message#1
19.12.15, 15:46
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 8953
Check in: 12.06.12
Pocophone F1 6/128

Google Nexus 5X - Unofficial Firmware
PictureLG Nexus 5X, LG H790 / 791 (Bullhead)
Description | Discussion | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage | Owners Club | Camera talk | Modification of software and decorations | power usage | LineageOS | Official firmware | Unofficial firmware

Utilities
Utilities for installing and working with unofficial firmware.
  1. TWRP Recovery- Touch recovery for installing unofficial firmware.
    It is stitched through fastboot. Updating from one version to another is installed on top.
  2. TWRP Manager- management of unofficial recovery.
    TeamWin FAQ (TWRP)
  3. Flashify- Kernel firmware, recovery, kernel backup, etc.
  4. MultiROM- Install multiple firmware on your smartphone.
    Multirom FAQ
  5. The program for unpacking the firmware files.

Unofficial firmware
In order to avoid errors when installing, carefully look at the version of the firmware, ours, on the NEXUS 5X, with the postscript Bullhead or N5X

Installation instructions for custom firmware

Technical post with custom firmware

Android Pie 9.x
AOSP
Firmware are installed without a system partition wipe, and currently have the status of beta versions

• Google PixelRom from SW. argraur
    XDA | Attached Image

• Nexus PieX from SW. argraur
    XDA | Attached Image

Android Oreo 8.x.x
AOSP

Lineage os

Android Nougat 7.x
AOSP

Lineage os

Useful
Google apps

Modified Kernels

• Franco kernel
    Attached Image - [v.r57 | Android 8.1.0 | 11.05.2018]
    Attached Image - [v.r48 | Android 8.0.0 | 07.11.2017]
    Attached Image - [v.r44 | Android 7.1.2 | 08/22/2017]
    Attached Image - [v.r37 | Android 7.1.1 | 03/29/2017]
    Attached Image - [v.r27 | Android 7.0 | 12/03/2016]
    Attached Image - [v.r16 | Android 6.0.1 | 08/20/2016]
    Official site | XDA

• ElementalX Kernel
    Attached Image - [v.6.05 | Android 8.1.0 | 08.05.2018]
    Attached Image - [v.5.06 | Android 8.0.0 | 03.10.2017]
    Attached Image - [v.4.14 | Android 7.1.2 | September 13, 2017]
    Attached Image - [v.4.06 | Android 7.1.1 | 03/06/2017]
    Attached Image - [v.3.10 | Android 7.0 / 7.1 | 11/22/2016]
    Attached Image - [v.1.20 | Android 6.0.1 | September 7, 2016]
    Official site | XDA

• Jolla kernel
    Attached Image - [v.II-v28.0 | Android 8.1.0 | 12/16/17]
    Official site | XDA

miscellanea
Poll results
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactQMS
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAlexand® - 13.03.19, 11:01
Reason for editing: Edited.
Sleeqs
Message#2
21.12.15, 11:31
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 237
Check in: 16.10.11
Nokia 6300

Feedback on the firmware «Chroma»

Installed on top of the official firmware, the kernel did not change. The firmware got up smoothly, from the first time and without unpleasant surprises. Errors and stops the application was not.
Initially pre-installed minimum software:
Audio FX, gallery, phone, calendar .. camera (Google Camera works flawlessly, HDR + also works), an email client and other programs are invited to choose the user himself, which is good. The transfer is almost 100 percent, so far there are only two items without translation.
There is support for RRO themes and many settings.
Chroma settings
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
ho
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

On autonomy, while I can not say anything, in the evening I will attach screenshots. 4 hours ago I took off the charge, at the moment 89% is left. Of these, 1 hour and 14 minutes of the screen (surfing the Internet).
Autonomy
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Bugs:
-When turning the screen upside down with a spoken speaker, third-party cameras fly out with an error.
-Manual Camera takes a photo once and when moving to the gallery directly from the camera and returns back to the dialer or any other application, and then immediately to the desktop. (When shooting in Raw and if the program is opening a photo in a third-party gallery)
- When fast-rewinding the list, the cursor returns to the beginning.

Post has been edited[DV12LP] - 30.01.16, 12:01
Reason for editing: Removed the screenshot under the spoiler.
Sleeqs
Message#3
21.12.15, 19:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 237
Check in: 16.10.11
Nokia 6300

Base for firmware
The base required for the correct operation of the firmware.
Android 8.1.0
Android 8.0.0
Android 7.1.2
Firmware news

Post has been editeddraiv88 - 04.12.18, 14:19
keeekc
Message#4
31.12.15, 13:31
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 06.07.11

Such a question, I have on n5x after installing the root on the cataclysm, the eternal bootlap on google download.
I tried other firmware, only those based on CM are flashing and running normally ...
I tried to separately flash the kernel, put other cores, all to no avail.
And yes, I installed with all the wipes, etc. , in general, everything is as it should ...
help
FRust79
Message#5
31.12.15, 14:36
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Check in: 06.10.14
Pocophone F1 6/64

F.A.Q. on creating backup and restoring it.

What is a backup, or otherwise backup system, in order to be able to restore the system with unsuccessful experiments with various mods, additions. Also, if you do not use MultiRom, to try other firmware configurations, and if for some reason you didn’t like the firmware so that you can restore the old one.
Before we make a backup so that there are no problems with the password during recovery, I recommend disabling passwords, fingerprints, if you have not done so and there are problems after recovery, then there is a solution in the header as well.Problems.
So for this we need a custom recovery (TWRP) all the information how to installhereorhere.
After installing TWRP, reboot into it.
The first step is creating a backup of the BACKUP system.
1) Click Backup / Backup /
Attached Image

2) We choose what we need to back up, I always tick - Boot - System - System Image - Data - Recovery, although in the absence of memory it is enough (Boot, System Image, Data), someone recommends pressing all the ticks, but in it doesn't make much sense
Attached Image
Attached Image

3) Swipe to start / Swipe to Backup and backup will begin
Attached Image

4) After the backup is complete, we can boot into the system
Attached Image
, to install "risky" mods, or to remove the system and install another firmware, our backup will be on the sdcard path>TWRP>Backups>..... you can, if necessary, transfer it to a computer or via otg to a flash card.

The second stage - the restoration of a backup system
1) Boot into TWRP
2) Just in case, clean the system of cleaning / Wipe />Swipe to confirm / Swipe to Factory Reset />back / back />Selective cleaning / Advanced Wipe />tick everywhere except device memory / Internal Starage />Swipe to clean / Swipe to Wipe /
3) Click home to exit to the main screen TWRP click Restore / Restore /
Attached Image

4) Our backup system will appear
Attached Image
Click it to look so that all the checkmarks are (or what you want to restore to work the system is enough Boot System Image Data)
Attached Image

5) Swipe to restore / Swipe to Restore / after recovery, reboot into the system
Attached Image

Post has been editedfayzrus - 05.07.16, 06:09

--------------------
All that I write is my personal opinion, that is, it strenuously confirms that this opinion is mine as an author and it is not connected with official or other interpretation.
keeekc
Message#6
31.12.15, 15:28
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12

* fayzrus,tried without success
FRust79
Message#7
31.12.15, 16:01
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

* fayzrus,tried without success

What version of su are you installing?

Post has been editedfayzrus - 31.12.15, 16:01

--------------------
All that I write is my personal opinion, that is, it strenuously confirms that this opinion is mine as an author and it is not connected with official or other interpretation.
keeekc
Message#8
31.12.15, 19:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12

That is not a problem here, any firmware is not installed here, except for firmware, see

Posted 12/31/2015 19:23:

What version of su are you installing?

And then everything installed on the manual
FRust79
Message#9
31.12.15, 19:45
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

Instructions for installing custom firmware.

First and foremost, everything you do, do at your own peril and risk, neither the author of this post nor the administrationsavagemessiahzine.comnot responsible.

Before you start working with TWRP, I recommend readingF.A.Q. by TWRP

First, we need to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, all this and much more is described in the branchofficial firmware, I will stipulate the method if you installed the rights, but did not get a custom reconnaissance, or simply decided to update the recoveries, and then install the firmware. For example, a beautiful, not a large program flashify.If you have already installed rekoveri, then from 1 to 8 points skip.
Download from the market, install,
1) open click install
Attached Image
>
2) accept
Attached Image
>
3) grant the rights
Attached Image
>
4) click recovery image
Attached Image
>
5) download twrp (download-update custom rekoveri)
Attached Image
>
6) choose the freshest, in my case 3.0.2-0
Attached Image
>
7) click yup!
Attached Image
>
8) reboot now, i.e. reboot in rekoveri
Attached Image
>
9) cleaning
Attached Image
>
10) swipe to confirm
Attached Image
>
11) selective clearing, tick the device’s memory (otherwise everything will be removed including the firmware we wanted to install), thereby clearing the system partition for another firmware, if you accidentally deleted the device’s memory, you will need to transfer it from your computer or OTG to phone necessary firmware, gaps, etc.
Attached Image
>
12) Select the firmware (choose from the folder in which you downloaded, usually if you have the Download folder from your phone)
Attached Image
>
13) We add to the firmware (GAPPS, core, various modes) Some people recommend to start sewing only the firmware and the gaps to it, I always did everything at once, no problems arose.
Attached Image
>
14) Reboot into the system (wait about 3-7 minutes)
Attached Image

Post has been editedfayzrus - 25.05.16, 08:37

--------------------
keeekc
Message#10
31.12.15, 20:29
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12

* keeekc
Slightly higher in the thread review about Chrome, it is not on the SM

Alas, even she did not go.
I have tried almost all the kernels already, etc.
Enrages
It seems, and not vasek, but some kind of crap is going on.
ChesterSk116
Message#11
02.01.16, 21:36
Cheeky
[offline]

Messages 1010
Check in: 09.04.13
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Mad0908
Message#12
02.01.16, 23:36
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1706
Check in: 05.11.11
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

Hello! I studied the cap, there are already plenty of custom bikes, but there are no people here at all! really all sitting on the stock! even the page is filled with correspondence not a modem!

Well, now essentially! through NRT I put root and recovery, I want to put thisxTraFactory XDAWho will say what?

--------------------
Galaxy Note 9 6/128, SG Tab 4 - SM-T531

Owners Club Samsung Galaxy Note 9
FRust79
Message#13
03.01.16, 07:55
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

* Mad0908,Regarding the flow, I personally do not have an adapter, and in our city I don’t have, I rummaged everything I could, I ordered, I’ll wait before NG, I’ve been waiting the other day, they promised me to be familiar with H5, I’ll try several, I’ll try to upload screenshots and small reviews.
And who else, custom kernels, put his recommendations, can be in koumiss, from me + in turnips. A separate branch on the cores, as I understand it not, m. Dear DV12LP will add custom kernels to the header. Here is one of the popularElementalX 1.04
If possible, I will look and add more, but others please spread.

Post has been editedfayzrus - 04.01.16, 00:49

--------------------
ChesterSk116
Message#14
03.01.16, 15:42
Cheeky
[offline]

Messages 1010
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Phasma kernel
There are 2 kernel versions: GCC 4.9 ("which seems to be better for battery" - battery saving) and GCC 5.3 ("which seems to be a slight performance gain, but a loss of some battery optimizations" - performance gain but loss of some optimization batteries)

Post has been editedChesterSk116 - 03.01.16, 16:13

--------------------
FRust79
Message#15
04.01.16, 19:41
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

A few words with screenshots about Mokee firmware:
The firmware is based on CM 13. I haven’t installed SM 13 yet, I can’t tell about bugs (comparison or lack thereof) I used it more than a week before the sale to Nexus 5, everything was very, very good there, though there was a version of caf.
I tested the autonomy for two days and it is at the level of the drain, about 4-4.5 hours of the screen, the core is native. There are no significant friezes, however, they are also present on the drain (chrome, curtain falling out, scrolling in the call list). Infuriating as in the auto-adjustment on the drain, turned it off.
I installed a camera and a browser in a pair with Minimal BaNkS, which came along with the firmware, and ruut is included in the menu for developers. If someone is interested in more specific information, ask, I will finish writing here.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Added a small screencast to email cloud, someone instead of screenshots.

Post has been editedfayzrus - 13.01.16, 13:07

--------------------
FRust79
Message#16
06.01.16, 16:51
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

Yesterday night, I installed the cataclysm, the most popular one, at least in the Nexus 5 survey (2013) and tried to say it in H5 many times, but in the last, until the New Year holidays, the camera fell, it constantly rebooted, but rarely helped , because of this, constantly demolished it. Immediately, m. version from 5.01. Perhaps this is not a problem. After installation, I welcomed a not very encouraging inscription stating that an error occurred in the system, contact the developer, 2.62 was not installed, tried 2.66 got up normally, but the inscription welcomes after each reboot, m. who knows what it is .... 06.01 there was not a big update, after its installation the inscription about the error disappeared. As it is known, the firmware is based on the drain and in addition to the cataclysm configuration item
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
, it's not much different and frankly there are a lot of settings and one of the most popular item for me is adjusting the number of columns of tiles in a curtain
Attached Image
. Otherwise, in comparison with the Mokee firmware, the sound is inferior, smoothness at the same level, in autonomy the same thing seems to be due to constantly working 6 cores, so this morning I installed the elementalX 1.04 core in a couple of firmware, and about two more powerful kernels rest and heap if necessary. Synthetic anttu 6.0.1 with the kernel eX
Attached Image
, on Mokee she was in Antutu 6.0. 60k balls. After installing the kernel, eX noticed that the smoothness became better, in all components and autonomy, of course, the preliminary increased, I think it will be around 5.5 hours of the screen
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
In general, while everything is pretty good, I’ll observe further, if I add something, I really want to try Chrome’s firmware, I’m very fond of it on H5, but either the author has scored it, or something else, it will be a great pity if it leaves into oblivion.

Post has been editedfayzrus - 07.01.16, 09:17

--------------------
Maestro lao
Message#17
06.01.16, 18:11
Vītālis Vēritās
[offline]

Messages 6256
Check in: 21.08.11
Oneplus 5 6/64

Report on the work done in the subject for January 6.

Updated firmware: - Cataclysm, Omni, UBERMALLOW, Pure Nexus Project, MoKee.
Added firmware: - AICP, xTraFactory.
Created a spoiler - Custom kernels, added kernels: - Franco, Phasma, Jolla, ElementalX and programs for setting them up.
Added reviews for Mokee and Cataclysm firmware from SW.fayzrus
I started voting in the topic of firmware and kernels.

Dear users!
If you have any comments on the design or addition of a topic header, please write to me in QMS, who is shy, write in the subject: blush:
I will minimize further delays in updating the information in the topic header.

Post has been edited[DV12LP] - 06.01.16, 18:13

--------------------
"It is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the pendulum swings.
The clock ticks life away.
FRust79
Message#18
06.01.16, 23:52
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

They laid out, in one of the branches, while there is no branch of modification, you can add to the headeradding video stabilization as in N6P

--------------------
FRust79
Message#19
07.01.16, 00:07
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

* ChesterSk116,
I am trying to lure as many people as possible: thank_you:
Here is another instructionStereo mod, and return to stock.sounds very cool, but because of fear, while returned to the stock.

Update elementalX to 1.05
Changelog
-add temp threshold tunable for hotplugging big cores
-fix dm-verity warning for non-root users
-disable vibration at min setting
-bluedroid_timer wakelock block

Post has been editedfayzrus - 07.01.16, 12:13

--------------------
ChesterSk116
Message#20
07.01.16, 12:48
Cheeky
[offline]

Messages 1010
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

* fayzrus,
Stereo mod worth, no problem! The sound is great :)

--------------------
FRust79
Message#21
07.01.16, 15:57
Rw
[offline]

Messages 4170
Pocophone F1 6/64

ChesterSk116 @ 07.01.2016, 13:48*
* fayzrus,
Stereo mod worth, no problem! The sound is great :)

I'm not talking about this, the fear that the speaker will die, de facto, it is not designed to play music, or am I mistaken?

--------------------
Google

427 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 20:43