Chuwi Hi12 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 + Android | 12 "| INTEL X5 Cherry Trail Z83
Poll
Are you satisfied with your device?
Yes [ 582 ] ** [36,72%]
Not [ 162 ] ** [10,22%]
I want to buy / waiting for delivery [ 841 ] ** [53,06%]
Have any faults, problems, defects been noticed?
Not [ 296 ] ** [18,68%]
Yes, there are minor defects. [ 327 ] ** [20,63%]
Yes, there are serious problems. [ 137 ] ** [8,64%]
The device is not on hand [ 824 ] ** [51,99%]
Total votes: 1585

Rep: (276)
PictureChuwi hi12 - Discussion
Discussion пїЅ | Purchase and accessories пїЅ

Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

BIOS-read first!
BIOS firmware, as a rule, does not solve any of the problems of the tablet, but is guaranteed to create new problems! In May 2016, Chuwi released the only BIOS update for the Dual Boot 1603 Series Tablet (March 2016). Since then, the BIOS has never been updated, but new BIOSes were released for the new tablet series. Each BIOS version is compatible only with a specific version (series) of the tablet.
BIOS firmware incompatible version (from another version (series) of the tablet) turns your tablet into a brick!
In addition, flashing a compatible BIOS, you clear the MSDM table (remove the license key of your copy of Windows from the BIOS).
Specifications
Name: Chuwi Hi12
Processor: INTEL X5 Cherry Trail Z8300
Operating system: Windows 10 / Android
RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3
Flash memory: 64 GB EMMC
Expansion slots: TF card, support for flash cards up to 64GB
Screen: 12-inch, IPS, 2160x1440 pixels
Sensor: Capacitive, 10 points
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g / n), Bluetooth 4.0
3G: Support for external usb modems
Camera: Front 2 megapixel, rear 5 megapixel, autofocus
Ports: microUSB OTG, MicroHDMI, 3.5 headphone jack, memory card slot
Sound: Built-in speakers, built-in microphone
Battery: 11000 mAh
Dimensions: 296.7С…202.8С…8.9 mm
Weight: 852 grams
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews and Reviews
Instructions
General firmware FAQ for dummies
Win only
Dual boot

Video materials:

Firmware
miscellanea
Old polls
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 10.12.18, 17:45
Reason for editing: Resetting Bios settings to defaults

Rep: (12)
And if only the screen, no battery, no processor, no software, no quality in general, yes, that there is China, when even 8 hot 4 gig brands break through 2 cores with 1 gig of apple products, and even twice as big battery, and the longer By this you observe, the bigger the gap becomes. And you begin to understand that prices for apple products are absolutely reasonable. And all the others do not even try to keep up with the apple, but only continue to live their lives.
My hope finally died, I'll go buy an ipad.

Rep: (47)
Why, for 500 bucks at Aipad, you can get an excellent screen, and for a Chinese one for 300, without overpaying, so far, you can't get for a brand?

Maybe because12" ipad in 32 GB version costs at least $799 (more than twice as expensive)? :-)

Posted on 1/30/2016, 2:51 PM:

My hope finally died, I'll go buy an ipad

And rightly so. Who needs a powerful tablet on Apple’s mobile system, and who can afford it, buy an iPad.
Who needs a full-fledged computer with software for Windows in the form of a tablet, will buy a Surface. And who does not have so much money - Chuwi / Onda / substitute_need. :-)

Rep: (0)
I don’t even understand how this can be 4 gig of opera in 8300?

I don’t even understand how this can be 4 gig of opera in 8300?

Can. As in the sameobook10, eg. All four gig workers, checked.

http://json.tv/tech_tr...tel-ozu-20151201071538
some kind of incomprehensible crutch. better than 8500

Who managed to touch the tablet, like the screen and the assembly?

Post has been editedMr. Bee - 31.01.16, 15:20

Who managed to touch the tablet, like the screen and the assembly?

Build normal screen, too. Not an ipad, of course, butlooks likesolidly.

Posted 02/01/2016 05:44:

http://json.tv/tech_tr...tel-ozu-20151201071538
some kind of incomprehensible crutch. better than 8500

"Although the tablet itself has a 64-bit version of Windows, the software only works with 32-bit versions that recognize only 2.9 GB for memory use."
Bullshit. Just tried it: 64-bit programs are quietly launched. Or did the author think that some kind of program would be able to take _all four gigabytes_ for himself, without leaving the system anything? :-)

Post has been editedWTiggA - 01.02.16, 05:47

Rep: (139)
Not for long had hi10 with 8300 and 4 gigs of RAM, everything worked fine, Win was 64-bit, the memory saw all

Rep: (3)
* WTiggA,
Tell me, are the edges of the case properly processed? and then in some photos it seems that there are irregularities.

And how good is his screen?
Ie for example, I have nexus2013 and chuwi hi8 and there and there ips matrix
But on the nexus ofigensky deep black and clear without any light
And white is really white without any shades of yellow and etc.
On a guy like that, you can see it and mark it very strongly

Rep: (15)
Following the topic, my father recently started talking about changing the old Chinese 8 'tablet to something like 11-12 and preferablynot 16:9
If not ipad, then this thing seems to fit the parameters.

Does anyone briefly say like Chuwi with quality - is it normal or frankly bad in some places?

Rep: (139)
Check out the vi10, hi10, and other current Chuvi tablets. They will see the level of quality production. It seemed to me that it is quite normal, not Apple, of course, but still there are many satisfied users.
I owned a very short hi10 and I quite liked it. Now I want hi12 (in 10k I didn’t like the screen size and design of the tablet itself).
Well, you should not expect something above the quality of the budget device.

Post has been editedBeerukoff - 01.02.16, 17:17

Check out the vi10, hi10, and other current Chuvi tablets. They will see the level of quality production. It seemed to me that it is quite normal, not Apple, of course, but still there are many satisfied users.

I'll take a look, but your answer completely satisfied me, because I wanted the info briefly :)

Slash 4ever @ 05.02.2016, 01:59*
Shipped out status Sent.

Since gira means already send :) means soon the tests will be

Post has been editedforcer99 - 05.02.16, 08:54

Forcer99 @ 05.02.2016, 08:53*
so tests will be soon

He has been in my hands for a week already :) I just can’t protest in any way pcmark \ 3dmark, the Internet is full. Does not swing.
I tested while the speed of the integrated SSD is for a full-fledged computerno ice(at the end added infu).

Rep: (16)
Well, in general, how? speed, speed, battery life?

NAPALMIK @ 05.02.2016, 10:34*
Well, in general, how? speed, speed, battery life?

Yes, everything is fine. The interface is smooth (for Win10), all sorts of office things and the browser work fast enough. In my version of the android in dualbut there is no, unfortunately, in order to drive a toy.

Rep: (16)
WTiggA @ 05.02.2016, 11:42*
Yes, everything is fine. The interface is smooth (for Win10), all sorts of office things and the browser work fast enough. In my version of the android in dualbut there is no, unfortunately, in order to drive a toy.

Well, the most important thing for me, how is it in terms of battery life?

Rep: (43)
So a dual block out of the box is still waiting, but later?

Rep: (9)
Nksoldier @ 02/05/2016, 13:49*
So a dual block out of the box is still waiting, but later?

WTiggA preproduction version, with Win 10 Home on board, does not have an android. I think the android version is present.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 10:26