Chuwi Hi12 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 + Android | 12 "| INTEL X5 Cherry Trail Z83
Poll
Are you satisfied with your device?
Yes [ 582 ] ** [36,72%]
Not [ 162 ] ** [10,22%]
I want to buy / waiting for delivery [ 841 ] ** [53,06%]
Have any faults, problems, defects been noticed?
Not [ 296 ] ** [18,68%]
Yes, there are minor defects. [ 327 ] ** [20,63%]
Yes, there are serious problems. [ 137 ] ** [8,64%]
The device is not on hand [ 824 ] ** [51,99%]
Total votes: 1585

Rep: (276)
PictureChuwi hi12 - Discussion
Discussion пїЅ | Purchase and accessories пїЅ

Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

BIOS-read first!
BIOS firmware, as a rule, does not solve any of the problems of the tablet, but is guaranteed to create new problems! In May 2016, Chuwi released the only BIOS update for the Dual Boot 1603 Series Tablet (March 2016). Since then, the BIOS has never been updated, but new BIOSes were released for the new tablet series. Each BIOS version is compatible only with a specific version (series) of the tablet.
BIOS firmware incompatible version (from another version (series) of the tablet) turns your tablet into a brick!
In addition, flashing a compatible BIOS, you clear the MSDM table (remove the license key of your copy of Windows from the BIOS).
Specifications
Name: Chuwi Hi12
Processor: INTEL X5 Cherry Trail Z8300
Operating system: Windows 10 / Android
RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3
Flash memory: 64 GB EMMC
Expansion slots: TF card, support for flash cards up to 64GB
Screen: 12-inch, IPS, 2160x1440 pixels
Sensor: Capacitive, 10 points
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g / n), Bluetooth 4.0
3G: Support for external usb modems
Camera: Front 2 megapixel, rear 5 megapixel, autofocus
Ports: microUSB OTG, MicroHDMI, 3.5 headphone jack, memory card slot
Sound: Built-in speakers, built-in microphone
Battery: 11000 mAh
Dimensions: 296.7С…202.8С…8.9 mm
Weight: 852 grams
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews and Reviews
Instructions
General firmware FAQ for dummies
Win only
Dual boot

Video materials:

Firmware
miscellanea
Old polls
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 10.12.18, 17:45
Reason for editing: Resetting Bios settings to defaults

Rep: (68)
* armspecial,
Nobody probably would have refused GPS, but in fairness, on such a large device it is not as relevant as on small and medium-sized tablets, often used as fully mobile. And many will take this one for online media films-kontaktikov in the attached space.

Post has been editedlaniver - 13.01.16, 14:40

Rep: (8)
The Chinese do not make GPS in tablets on Intel components, where one of (or the only) OS is Windows.
This is almost axiom. The only exception is the model.PIPO W6.

Rep: (10)
The Chinese do not make GPS in tablets on Intel components, where one of (or the only) OS is Windows.
This is almost axiom. The only exception is the PIPO W6 model.

The wife Teclast X98 Air 3G on Intel Bay Trail Z3736F with dual10 Win10 / Android5, it has GPS.

Post has been editedAvalanche [25] - 14.01.16, 09:42

Rep: (2)
* laniver,
The most interesting thing if you look at other products from Chuvi, then you can find an 8 '' inch fellow with the Stylus prefix that really has a stylus as on Asus with 1024 gradations. Therefore, it is not clear here. The Chinese answered about another model, it turns out)) about the base model. So I hope that all the same with the stylus.

Does this guy have a scratch resistant screen? googled, about gorilla, etc. found nothing anywhere.
I'd bought if with a screen non-scratch. and film, glass sculpt on top of it - a hat. imha

Rep: (393)
Meanwhile, on Chuwi HI12 they began to saw Ubuntu OS, and officially. More in the office. VK group:http://vk.com/wall-109467039_67

Rep: (12)
I think OSX eventually rivets the craftsmen. On Intel processors, the hackintosh rises easily and is even updated.
Also look out for this planet as a bedside :) in addition to the dollar, only the work time is confused (I hope it will be more than indicated in the first post) and the protection of the eran is unclear from which, if only not plastic. And also the sound in hi10, he is very mediocre in the reviews, he can hear the reviews and plug into this one better.

Rep: (16)
Is it really with a battery of 11000 m.ah. It plays video only 8 hours with 50 percent brightness ?? this indicator is not good at all

The presentation of Chuwi Hi12 is expected tomorrow. Onoff-channel on twitteran online broadcast is expected, everyone interested can be watched, they say, this is the first such experience for small Chinese producers (to which Chuvi belongs).
The presentation will be January 28 at 4 p.m. (UTC + 8), if I do not confuse anything, it is at 11 days in Moscow.

Post has been editedlaniver - 27.01.16, 09:56

Rep: (3)
I understand that the screen will be IPS, but what do they have with the quality of the screens on color reproduction, contrast, brightness? How is Chuwi with this?) Now the iPad Air 1, the screen is very good, I want a big tablet with Windows, Hi12 everyone likes, but what's with the screen ..

* Raritetov,
Sales have not yet begun, no one has their hands on the tablets, so there are no reviews. We need to wait a bit, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow there will already be something known.
Other Chuvi models are not an indicator here, there are no Chinese counterparts with such a screen either.

Rep: (608)
According to the info from the manufacturer, on January 28 at 16:00 (UTC + 8) there will be a press conference dedicated to Chuwi Hi12 on Twitter
Attached Image

https://twitter.com/chuwidotcom

Post has been editedkylikoff - 27.01.16, 12:39

Rep: (139)
Chuvi hi10, in my personal opinion, the screen is quite normal, the viewing angles are large, the colors are juicy, the clarity is sufficient.
I think hi12 should be no worse

Rep: (47)
According to the info from the manufacturer, on January 28 at 16:00 (UTC + 8) there will be a press conference dedicated to Chuwi Hi12 on Twitter

Hehe :-)
Attached Image

Rep: (608)
The conference was held, IMHO nothing special is said, just confirmed the characteristics again and called the official price - $ 299, showed fresh pictures :)
--
And beyond that -LoL gameplay demonstration on Hi12

Post has been editedkylikoff - 28.01.16, 13:39

What is there with scratch protection became known? Is there a gorilla? : sveta:

* WTiggA,
Looking at the photos, it feels like the Hi12 also has an air gap between the touchscreen and the screen. This is true?

Rep: (12)
And what about the sound? volume, quality.

Rep: (47)
Raritetov @ 01/29/2016, 20:02*
air gap between the touchscreen and the screen. This is true?

Of course. You can't get a screen for 300 bucks, like an iPad. And the rest of the tablet is nice.

* WTiggA,
Why, for 500 bucks at Aipad, you can get an excellent screen, and for a Chinese one for 300, without overpaying, so far, you can't get for a brand?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 11:53