Asus RT-N16 - Custom firmware Asuswrt Merlin | [firmware] Custom firmware

Rep: (60)

ASUS RT-N16

Attached Image

Custom (alternative) firmware R
If you’re not in the least Use at your own risk!

Asuswrt (official)
ASUS%

based on official:
from Oleg (firmware from "enthusiasts")%

the latest firmware versions from Enthusiasts onasus.vectormm.net

Oleg's firmwareonGoogle drive

("... ample Wi-Fi power")

based on Asuswrt Merlin:
Asuswrt by Hugo Gomes 380.58 - 380.62%

firmware from Hugo Gomes, based on the source code for Asuswrt-Merlin.

Features:
- unlocked access to NVRAM
- added some components
- function of change of power of the wireless transmitter is unblocked
- unlocked all wireless channels
- increased functionality

You can get the latest firmware version by emailing him (in English / Spanish): [email protected]

Also, firmware is available:

from Artem Umerov 380.57%

380.57 alpha 3

Attached fileRT-N16_380.57_umerov-artem_alpha3.rar(19.17 MB)
what is done:
Attached Image

- Compiled for RT-N16
- Updated libraries Jpeg, Zlib, Wget, Sqlite
- Web interface changes
- Added the function of changing the web interface port from port 80 to another (Internet ->Port Forwarding)

380.57 alpha 4

Attached fileRT-N16_380.57_umerov-artem_alpha4.rar(19.24 MB)
what is done:
- fix alpha3 bugs

LTS Merlin fork 374.43%

based on linksys
DD-WRT by Brain Slayer%

completely alternative firmware. Recommended for installation only with the full knowledge of why you really need it.
Current version on the sitedd-wrt.com
About the features of the firmware can be readhere
software simulator firmware DD-WRT

OpenLinksys
Tomato by Shibby (MichaЕ‚ Rupental)%
FreshTomato-MIPS (Fork Tomato by Shibby (MichaЕ‚ Rupental)%
TomatoUSB by Teddy_Bear (Fedor Kozhevnikov) (out-of-date)%
EasyTomato by Relief Labs%
Toastman Firmware%
TomatoRAF by Victek%

GNU / Linux
Openwrt%

adblock for Tomato (scripts)
add 5GHz band
problems and solutions
If Wi-Fi "falls off" on HGG firmware (Asuswrt from Hugo Gomes)
- full reset via WEB-interface or via SSH with the command "nvram erase"
- wait for the router reboot and turn it off
- power to exhibit no more than 75% of the nominal
- reflash using Asus Firmware Restoration Utility
- after flashing, go through the initial installation and reset the settings again.
- we expose powerno more than 75% from the nominal and set the channel manually
is the bootloader dying?
transmitter capability adjustment
If wi-fi falls off on firmware 378.50
if you need to download / upload over 150 Mbit / s
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve

If you’re not in the least Use at your own risk!
For questions about filling caps, please contactQMS

Post has been editedaarnet - 11.08.19, 00:33
Reason for editing: routine editing and adding information

Rep: (12)
Kind people, and in the discussed Advanced Tomato there is an opportunity to reassign the burned WAN to LAN as it is done in the "ordinary" Tomato
Version 1.28 by shibby? : blush:

Rep: (9)
: blush: I wonder why on the 16th there are two topics onsavagemessiahzine.com? Maybe the curators will unite them? It’s inconvenient to climb on two topics =)) Tembo more dead as a curator in this topic does not appear for a long time. : blush: do not kick for the idea. Just one device, and two topics. Yes, and put this topic in orderaarnet - thanks =))

Post has been editedEwgeshka - 06.03.19, 22:46

Rep: (9)
Drobovik2 @ 03/06/19, 10:32 PM*
Kind people, and in the discussed Advanced Tomato there is an opportunity to reassign the burned WAN to LAN

Yes you can. First link togoogle

Rep: (12)
Yes, I know how to do this, it’s just that in some “tomatoes” this item does not exist at all, so I asked. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Rep: (66)
And what version of the latest fresh tomato is suitable for our router? I downloaded freshtomato-K26USB_RT-MIPSR2-2019.1-AIO.trx, it seems to be sewing, but it reboots from the old one. With tomato RAF all the rules.

Rep: (466)
* sturmovik nvram cleaned?

Rep: (66)
* yuran72,
I figured it out. I tried to fill the wrong version.

And damn it, in the yard is 2019, and the tomato still does not work with the yota modem. He doesn’t see him at all.

Rep: (466)
Sturmovik @ 03/14/19, 9:54*
it's 2019, and the tomato still doesn't work with the yota modem. He doesn’t see him at all.
but because no one seriously deals with tomato. They will update the packages, but they will do the editing in gui.

Rep: (13)
The people, what from normally working through 4G modem can you advise? in RNDIS mode
It is somehow strange on a standard firmware that it has Wi-Fi, it just doesn’t exist, the MAC address is empty. Channel 0 and that’s it. On HGG there is but fell off often and appeared after a reboot. Everything works on DDWRT.
Can I link to a normally working assembly?
Capacitors changed, PSU ideally

Post has been editedKostian. - 14.03.19, 15:19

Rep: (1)
Good afternoon ... The Asus rt-n16 router very often loses the network, 30-50 times a day, could it be due to the fact that the purple garbage (I don’t know what to call it correctly) is swollen, it is indicated in the photo, and there is Is there any point in messing around with this router? So, how have you heard that he often has problems ...
Maybe it's better to just throw it away?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedTerry_socks - 19.03.19, 13:15

Rep: (26)
* Terry_Socks,
"Purple garbage" is a capacitor, it needs to be replaced, it costs 10 rubles.

Post has been editedVladislav_993 - 19.03.19, 13:32

Vladislav_993 @ 03/19/2019, 13:31*
* Terry_Socks,
"Purple garbage" is a capacitor, it needs to be replaced, it costs 10 rubles.

Do not tell me, in connection with which such a problem could arise?

* Terry_Socks,
This is a disease of these routers, a low-quality capacitor on the wifi power line.

* hemul20, it turns out, if this problem occurs periodically, then there is no point in soldering, especially since I do not know how to do it ...

* Terry_Socks,
No, you need to change it once to normal and that's it. The problem is that it is installed from the factory.

* hemul20, What marking does this capacitor or any other size fit?

Rep: (26)
* Terry_Socks,
16 volts, 680 microfarads.

Rep: (11)
24 volts and a slightly larger capacity are possible, the main thing is that the “legs” fit into the board holes

Rep: (13)
The people, why on standard firmware and all similar on a standard interface, wi-fi does not work. There is simply no network and that’s it. The LED is on. On dvdrt, tomato, openvrt everything works. HGG worked but often fell off. But now it doesn’t work (after trying and remaking for different images)
I would like to return to HGG.

Reset did.

Rep: (0)
Kostian. @ 03/20/19, 3:28 PM*
The people, why on standard firmware and all similar on a standard interface, wi-fi does not work. There is simply no network and that’s it. The LED is on. On dvdrt, tomato, openvrt everything works. HGG worked but often fell off. But now it doesn’t work (after trying and remaking for different images)
I would like to return to HGG.

Reset did.

Exactly the same situation with idle wi-fi on the latest firmware, only the LED did not light. Some attempts to flash through the web ended with a message that the assembly was not certified, or the procedure went on, but ended up again downloading the last of the “phoenix” 3.0.0.4.380.7378. When you try to use FirmwareRestoration, the power LED that previously blinked stops flashing and nothing is sewn. Discharges 30-30-30 did not help. Earned the ability to flash through FirmwareRestoration only after cleaning nvram via ssh, as describedhere. Then I uploaded some kind of mini from dd-wrt, and from it I sewed on the last Merlin RT-N16_3.0.0.4_378.50_0.
On the ASUS website there is no information that the support for the device has been discontinued. At the same time, one of the main functions of the device, wi-fi, does not work on the latest, two-year-old off-firmware.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 10:22