Dell Inspiron 11-3147 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 8.1 | 11.6 '' | Intel Celeron N2840 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM
Have you had problems with keystrokes on your keyboard?
The problem with the keyboard on the laptop.
Not [ 39 ] ** [58,21%]
Yes, the problem was solved by software. [ 1 ] ** [1,49%]
Yes, the problem was resolved by replacing the keyboard. [ 8 ] ** [11,94%]
Yes, the problem has not been resolved. [ 19 ] ** [28,36%]
Total votes: 67

Rep: (148)
Dell Inspiron 11-3147
Windows 8.1 | 11.6 "| Intel Celeron N2840 2 x 2.16GHz | 4 Gb
Discussion.
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Specifications
Specifications

Processor: Intel Celeron N2840 2 x 2.16GHz
See all model modificationshere
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Storage: 500 GB HDD 5400 rpm SATA III
Display: 11.6 "1366x768 WXGA LED IPS, glossy, touch
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail)
Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0
Audio: Waves MaxxAudio Pro, 2 speakers
Interfaces: 2XUSB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, SD card reader, combined audio jack
Optional: 720p webcam
Battery: 3-cell Li-ion 43 Wh
Dimensions, weight: 300x200x19 mm, 1.4 kg
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
What's in the box: Dell Inspiron 3147 (3147-2686)
additional information
"The main feature of this device is the ability to retrain from a laptop into a regular 11.6-inch tablet, to a tablet on a stand, and also to an easel in one second."

Attached Image
Useful information
Product support on the manufacturer’s website:http://www.dell.com/su...1-3147-laptop/diagnose
Driver installation procedure suggested by DELLhttp://www.dell.com/su...ru/ru/rudhs1/SLN148687
Link tofolderwith drivers for Dell Inspiron 11-3147

System image taken from the Recovery section of a Dell Inspiron 11-3147 laptop : download here .
How to deploy the system to your laptop from the downloaded image, readhere.

Post has been editedivashka777 - 09.03.19, 12:06
Reason for editing: adding information

Rep: (6)
* ivashka777,
Thank. Promptly. (I did not think of it)
Just a couple more questions.
- do you have a premature slowdown, immediately after installing 10, in comparison with the work on 8.1 left? or 10 after all the firewood settings also works smoothly like 8.1?
- operating time on 10 from the battery in comparison with 8.1 is subjective how? (for 8.1, the battery on dell 3147 is very good in autonomy)

- do you have a premature slowdown, immediately after installing 10, in comparison with the work on 8.1 left? or 10 after all the firewood settings also works smoothly like 8.1?

I somehow did not notice the "premature inhibition" after installation. If you put it as an update after 8k, so there the drivers seem to be all picked up automatically. I set "from scratch" 10k and everything also flew right away. But, in my laptop, the memory was increased to 8 GB and the regular HDD was replaced with a solid-state drive, maybe because I did not see the difference in the speed of the system immediately after switching to 10k.

- operating time on 10 from the battery in comparison with 8.1 is subjective how? (for 8.1, the battery on dell 3147 is very good in autonomy)

Also did not notice the difference in either plus or minus.

Earnestly.
In the evening I’ll try again to go to 10.
The main reason is the inconvenience of the Internet explorer 8.1, and when you try to replace it with an opera, the Internet for no reason starts connecting very badly to the tele2 modem. I suspect that Microsoft covertly encourages more fun to switch to 10.
I’ll go over and test.
Thank.

The main reason is the inconvenience of the Internet explorer 8.1

There is a very convenient browser on 10k (this is of course my opinion personally) and I did not even install any others, although I always set chrome first, and later switched to opera. But now the 10ki browser is enough for me - speed, touch screen usability, bookmark synchronization. Do not count for advertising)).
When you try to replace it with an opera, the Internet for no reason starts to connect very badly to the tele2 modem.

maybe it’s the opera itself? In the "Opera Turbo" mode, for example.

the same modem with tele2 on a working Chinese laptop with stolen 8.1 Windows (it went without Windows) flies about 13 meters at any time of the day or night, but on a licensed YOGE Tablet 2 with an Internet everything repeats as on DELL 3147

the same modem with tele2 on a working Chinese laptop with stolen 8.1 Windows (it went without Windows) flies about 13 meters at any time of the day or night, but on a licensed YOGE Tablet 2 with an Internet everything repeats as on DELL 3147

I can’t say anything about this - I don’t have a modem or YOGE Tablet 2. I have no problems with the Internet via Wi-Fi.

Post has been editedivashka777 - 04.01.16, 16:34

Delivered 10. Immediately for verification, I rebooted 2 times both through start-up and through alt f4 - everything rebooted perfectly and so on.
I downloaded and installed the imposed updates - everything, the reboot died and began to work through the screen tyk and so on.
I look also the sound icon stopped working, does not respond at all, and a business speaker appeared nearby and the sound is regulated only by it.
I'm testing further.

I downloaded and installed the imposed updates - everything, the reboot died and began to work through the screen tyk and so on.

I wrote inthe firstthe message of this topic (in fact, because of this problem I created a branch about the laptop) that the problem with the black screen did not appear immediately after the release of the 10s, but after its big update in November.

Post has been editedivashka777 - 04.01.16, 17:33

First impressions of 10 - you can live on it.
The sound icon has earned. The Internet - which I wanted to check - flies.
The next stage of the tests is software (e.g.http://dws.wzor.net).

The wired browser at 10, in addition to the speed of opening ordinary simple pages and viewing YouTube, did not show anything good.
Gifs with nnm generally refused to reproduce. Screenshots from distributions nnm cluba does not open all at once. Bookmarks does not give.
I put the default opera with convenient mouse gestures and informative add-ons of Yandex and adblock - Windows was offended, began to connect through time and cut the Internet speed (the same as on 8.1)
Loading opera proca 100% and when working on battery it is more economical to use the same Ezhev browser.
Windows scolded DWS, but let it be installed, and it immediately noticeably reduced Windows espionage, and without it! Temporarily disconnected unnecessary automatic updates from surprises.
------------------------------
When in autumn I bought a laptop, I immediately replaced hdd with ssd plextor, left the memory as is (as long as I have enough), I have a stump.
To whom it is interesting to ask (I will look into the branch).

Post has been editedqwert64 - 05.01.16, 08:25

The next stage of the tests is software (e.g.http://dws.wzor.net).

the link from your message does not open (the bracket interferes), apparently meantthis
p.s. and then you complain that Windows is starting to mow ... (get into the system with different utilities more and it will stop working at all)). But, master of the master, yourself with a mustache :)

* ivashka777, I have a lot of interesting things that Microsoft and their owners do not need to know, for example
http://onwomen.ru/ferrocianid-kaliya-e536.htmlorhttp://lubodar.info/drozhzhi/
principle - divide and rule no one has canceled - Microsoft products from Microsoft should be separated (including DWS) and work for us with you! (for which both lenovo and yogoi were bought actually, and I work (and not only ...) on the same thing separately, which prevents me from collecting a general picture of what someone is not supposed to know - the born one will not fly crawling)

which does not allow you to collect a general picture of what someone is not supposed to know - the born crawl will not fly

if this "someone" wants, he will find out everything that he will need, believe me)))
But, then the topic is not this forum thread :)
p.s. if you really need security, then try Linux, there are many distributions, including those that allow you to safely surf on the Internet.
Successes!

Post has been editedivashka777 - 05.01.16, 12:12

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone, I’ve been the owner for more than a year now, I’m throwing my review from Yandex, suddenly someone is interested in:
Feedback from Yandex
Advantages:
1. IPS matrix, for which I took a laptop, just super
2. Transformer, can be used as a tablet if needed
3. Good audio, in my ear
4. Lightweight, stylish, small
5. Convenient island-style keyboard
6. Wide touchpad
7. Like iron, but plastic
Disadvantages:
In the area of ​​the keyboard, the plastic bends, apparently too thin and not fixed anywhere, clearly not critical because The key travel is excellent.
Not quite a drawback, instead of having a 500Gb HDD, you should have at least 128 SSDs, but then depending on which side you look
Update:
1) A year later, plastic showed that it is very easy to scratch and rub, but this is only an aesthetic problem.
2) In addition, the touchpad is not the best, it catches glitches and the mouse twitches, just enter sleep mode and exit it, everything works as it should
3) I caught glitches with the push of buttons (they were only pressed with a shift, then they were pressed in Russian / English only) after switching to 10 nothing bothered me
Comment:
Unsubscribe regarding gaming performance:
CS: GO, everything is at a minimum, native resolution, it is played very comfortably, while there is no lack of grafon, so you can play without problems.
NFS U2, almost everything is at maximum, everything is fast and ok.
Gothic 2, a piece of the window is displayed, albeit in full screen.
HL2, everything is at maximum by default, no problem.
L4D2, everything is at a minimum, but it is played comfortably and does not hurt your eyes, the resolution is native.
Morrowind, you should not set it to maximum, so it's almost excellent, morrowind is like that :)
GTA Vice City, normal flight, all at maximum
Heroes 3, Fallout 2, no problem.
P.S. long first setup at startup, oh this win8.1
Update: changed my opinion on CSGO, for a comfortable game you still need to unscrew the resolution of 640x480, then the FPS is enough for the competition, but this is a problem.
I updated Windows to 10, the functionality increased and became a little more convenient, but a couple of standard functions were transferred to other buttons, otherwise it’s convenient to work, as for games I don’t know :)
If you think about the gaming component, it’s better to take something from the HD series from intel (HD4000 ...) that’s enough for CSGO and Dota, and that’s simple and everyday.
A year later, still happy with the purchase, normal flight :)

Here a couple of problems appeared, I describe:
1) Buttons from time to time stop being pressed, not all, some. The problem is caused by the low quality of the plastic, or rather the lack of the necessary rigidity, the problem is solved by bending it, not strong, but with effort, either edge up or down.Be careful!
2) Sometimes the touchpad responds incorrectly to touch, I’m flying with a simple press of the power button and entering sleep mode, after a couple of seconds I turn it back on and the touchpad works correctly again.
I can also unsubscribe about battery life, with maximum performance and low backlight I work in an office in the region of 4-5 hours. It is better to include low power consumption for renewal, but everything works slower with me, even pressing buttons.

DREU007 @ 01/05/2016, 15:41*
Here a couple of problems appeared, I describe:

then add a drop of tar from myself :)
I don’t know, I’m so “lucky”, or it is present on all devices - sometimes the touch screen does not work correctly, but if the tabletdo not hold, for example, when watching a movie, when the laptop is lying on the couch and trying to press something on the screen (pause the movie, for example).

* ivashka777, Well, apparently you were lucky with this, there were no problems with the sensor.
I can also tell about my investigation, Dell had an interesting policy on this series of laptops. 2 devices and 2 generations. Models 3147 and 7347, the older 13.3 "has the same motherboard in size, but much more efficiently, the HD 4400 graphics. The processor itself is dual, rectangular and everything would be fine, but the copper tube on the younger model is slightly smaller in length and in order to to put this mother in, you need to find a handset with another model 3148, which never appeared in Russia, while the iron from 3148 fully corresponds to the minimum bundle (core i3, HD4400) 7347, however, the second generation of the older model 7348 with new processors from intel has already arrived.
And yes, in the header you need to add about the Pentium N3530, 4 processors 2.16 Ghz and in turbo mode up to 2.6 Ghz, it works in turbo on my maximum speed. Graphics Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail-M).

DREU007 @ 01/05/2016, 16:26*
And yes, in the header you need to add about the Pentium N3530, 4 processors 2.16 Ghz and in turbo mode up to 2.6 Ghz, it works in turbo on my maximum speed. Graphics Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail-M).

I added the characteristics of my laptop specifically to the header (3147 - Intel Celeron). I can add yours, tell me its modification. You, apparently - 3147-8581

Post has been editedivashka777 - 05.01.16, 15:40

* ivashka777, and they are not indexed just like it is, just a processor, go over all processors from Yandex, so it was clear that this model had 4 of them, apparently new ones.

DREU007 @ 01/05/2016, 16:42*
to make it clear, this model has 4 pieces of them, apparently they brought in new ones.

Added to specificationsa linkto compare existing models.

Rep: (3)
Hello. Happy Holidays ...
Comrades help advice, please. I have been using this wonderful transformer for a little over a year. I recently rearranged the hard drive, installed ssd. I decided to conduct a clean installation of windows 10, everything went well, the operating system was installed. I installed all the drivers from the Dell website and updated the BIOS to version A09. The laptop works smartly, but when switching to tablet mode, the keyboard and touchpad no longer lock :( I can’t find settings for this mode anywhere, or the program that regulated it ... I ask those who know where this can be configured, help!?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 11:19