Steam Controller - Discussion | [Game] gamepad from Valve

Rep: (73)
Discussion Steam Controller
Official site |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

For newbies
Basic instructions for launching games
1) Run Steam on behalf of the admin (optional, but I set the default launch on behalf of the admin)
2) Add a third-party game label to the Steam (the addition is carried out either from under the bigpikchi - less conveniently, or from the main Steam window (the lower left corner of the window is stim,Add game ->Add a third-party game ) - More comfortable)
2.1) Go tosteamcontrollerdb.comAnd in the search we drive in the name of the game. Copy the name that gave us the site and rename our label to it (the step is also optional if you want to try your luck with the search for community configs)
3) We start bigpicchu, look for our game and start editing presets there (main game screen, list item "Settings ", there -" Control settings ")
4) Either we search and apply the community preset, or we make our own from ready-made basic sets
5) We start the game and check if the overlay is pulled up (after starting the game, press the stim button on the pad, the overlay screen should open)

The first thing you should know is that the Steam controller will not function 100% if the stim overlay is not picked up!
- How to check whether the overlay has picked up?
+ It's simple. When you start the game through bigpicche in the game itself, you need to click on the buttonSTEAM on the joystick and the overlay screen will open

The second thing you should know about is - Pirates, who have native support for ck, will not work with it!
]
- What if I want to playgame with native support?
+ Nothing, pirates of such games are launched in the same way as pirates of simple games, you just shouldn't wait for native configs. There is a possibility that on the pirates the games with native support of the SC will simply not work, provided that the overlay clings in the normal mode. From the situation, only one way out - to buy the game. The curator of the theme of such games was only 3. ThisLeft 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Serious Sam 3 . More such games he did not meet

Steam Controller Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Features and equipment
  • 2 touch pads replacing the classic D-PAD and right stick (overview)
  • Analog Triggers with 2 Depression Levels (incomplete, full-button)
  • New system of tactile response to user actions (low-frequency sound emitters)
  • 2 extra petal buttons on the back of the device
  • Unique ergonomics

Components version of the beech
Below is the version from the BEECH, it differs from the version from Amazon only by a pair of stickers on the package and an insert with a code for 19 games from Valve. The direct equipment of the device is the same everywhere (Box, controller, 2 multilanguage brochures, USB extension cable, weighted adapter to extension cable, dongle, controller, 2 new Duracell batteries)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Forced overlay launch in games! . thank Dim0n_Dim0n
1) Open the property of the desired shortcut in Steam (Set launch parameters)
2) We enter there+ r_disableSteamOverlay 0
3) Save, run
Steam Controller and Bluetooth
Instructions for pairing IC on BT
  1. Turn off the SC
  2. We clampY and holding it click on Steam - the controller runs in Bluetooth pairing mode
  3. Turn on BT on device
  4. !!! We are going to the BT settings and there we select our IC from the list of new devices !!!
  5. After pairing, run the program on your device and follow the instructions from the device screen

Instructions for pairing the IC with the computer after pairing via BT
  1. Turn off the SC
  2. We clampBUT and holding it click on Steam - the controller starts in normal mode
  3. We start BigPikchu and in it we go to the controller settings
  4. !!! There it will be necessary to create the mate again, i.e. add new device !!!
  5. After pairing the controller will be added and will remain in the list even after the subsequent re-conjugation from the BT

List of pairing functions. thankcasper-rpk
After updating the firmware, there is a notification about the shortcut keys on the gamepad, namely:
A + Steam - the controller starts in normal mode.
X + Steam - the controller runs in pairing mode with a new usb dongle (if you lost the old one)
Y + Steam - the controller starts in Bluetooth pairing mode (it is described that a similar method of switching on is preferred for pairing with android and ios)
B + Steam - the controller is launched from the Bluetooth connection mode (as I understand, if the device is already paired with the controller, then this inclusion mode is prioritized)
Pictorial picture
Attached Image

Useful instructions
Using SC without direct overlay in gamesNEW . Thanks for the instructions Alexey594
We make from SC a full-fledged gamepad.
1) Run Steam run GloSC .
2) Push Create New further three points ... choose a file GloSC.exe , we press Save .
3) Next, click Add all to Steam , and to avoid a possible endless reboot of Steam, we refuse and do a manual reboot.
4) GloSC has been added to Steam, you can download from the Gamepad template, and we launch GloSC through Big Picture .
5) You will see the inscription "Steam Community", it means the overlay works, and the system sees SC as a gamepad.
GloSC launched through the Big Picture can be closed, you need only an overlay.

When you click the Steam button, an overlay will open, set up as you like, even like a mouse.
If the game is on, it will collapse when the overlay is opened.

If the game does not respond to SC, just roll it up and open it. Either open once the overlay, and return to the game.
Something will definitely help.

Download Latest release, not Pre-release (These versions may not work at all)
https://github.com/Alia5/GloSC/releases

I used this version.https://cloud.mail.ru/public/39su/HAUk2EGFH

Screenshots for clarity
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

If GloSC does not want to run, thanksVostok-7
If the error “Error initialising ViGEm!” Appears when launching GloSC from Steam, it means that the virtual controller driver has not been installed.
Attached Image
To install it manually, click "Start", enter "PowerShell", click"Windows PowerShell" right click and select Run as administrator .

Then you need to consistently, one after another, enter several commands with copy-paste. After entering each command you need to wait for its execution (the path to the folder will appear).

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force

Register-PSRepository -Name nuget.vigem.org -SourceLocation https://nuget.vigem.org/ -InstallationPolicy Trusted

Install-Module ViGEmManagementModule -Repository nuget.vigem.org

Add-ViGEmBusDevice

Install-ViGEmBusDeviceDriver

If everything is done correctly, the installation of the new device will begin, you will need to agree by pressingTo install .

Original instructions in Englishhere
Running Origin games on mapsAMDandNvidia
Method 1 -it is not known how up-to-date, BF1 refused to start with it
thankAlexey594for providing screenshots and links to dump the old Origin.I'm lazy ass, so I did not make my screenshots))
1 ) In the services, turn off the "amd external events utility" ( ONLY FORAMD )
2 ) We extort the old Origin client which will be suitable for this instruction
Dumps of the old origin

3 ) Unpack the Origin in the folder with the already installed, replace all the files, go into it and log in
4) Turn off the overlay in the origin settings
Attached Image

5) After login to the origin go to its settings - General
Are looking for "automatically exit Origin when you exit the game "and tick off
Attached Image

Then go to the tab "General" and then remove the check mark from "Automatically update Origin"
Attached Image

6 ) Steam run on behalf of the admin
7 ) In the incentive we add the execution file of the game
8 ) We play
The meaning of the method is that now when launching the executable file, we skip the choice of the game in the origin, and manipulating the exit from the origin after exiting the game will allow the next overlay of any game of the origin overlay to be picked up normally. The launch is a little longer, but you don’t need to suffer from shortcuts, renaming and other joys

Method 2
In the services, turn off the "amd external events utility" (ONLY FORAMD )
Add the Origin label to Steam as a third-party game and rename it to what you need (Battlefield 1, Need for Speed, etc.)
Dropping the origin if it is running
From the label on the incentive we launch the game, the origin is opened, already in it we select the game with the handles and launch it. Overlay should be picked up

Method 3. ThanksTea_Maniacfor the link
1) Downloading the extreme version of the packagehere
2) From the archive we take the executable file and throw it into the directory where we have the executable file of the game
3) Run the executable file from the archive, the exe selection window will open. This is the executable file selection window.GAMES , choose the right one (namely, games, for example Titanfall2.exe )
4) The next exe selection window will open. This is the executable file selection window.CUSTOMER LAUNCH (LONCHERA) , we select the necessary files, for example ORIGIN.EXE
5) Add a file from the archive as a third-party game to the Steam exe, rename it to the game you want to launch (for configs to pick up)
6 Optionally) An .ini settings file will be created in the folder with the file from the archive, in which case you can rustle there

SK as an Xbox 360 controller permanently.
You can not do the type of joey Xbox, and joey Xbox. A bit hemorrhoid, but the Windows will think that you have a xbox 360 gamepad.
1) Install SCPToolkithttps://github.com/nef...ses/tag/v1.6.238.16010
2) Run it and install the xbox 360 controller driver
3) Install SlimDX .NET 4.0 x86 (x86 even if you have a 64-bit system)https://slimdx.org/download.php
4) Download Xoutputhttps: //drive.google.c...9URm1scF9ueTBtRGs/view
4.1) Add Xoutput as a third-party game on Steam (Choose on the Steam Library->Add game->Add third-party game>Review, select Xoutput);
5) In the settings of the controller / control / settings for the PC, select the gamepad template as the configuration. In this case, the controller will stop working in the system as a mouse and keyboard.
6) Enable Steam Controller;
7) Run Xoutput via Steam. In Xoutput, mark the desired gamepad, click the "Start" button. The system will appear Xbox 360 Controller;
New way to search configs fromPsycho 666 NEW
To access the Community settings on pirated games, you need to change the name of the added game to its ID in Stem.
For example, pirated DOOM when added was called "DOOM Vulcan 2016", respectively, community settings were not available.
However, after renaming DOOM to "379720" (AppID DOOM in the official store) - all community settings were brought up with a bang,it helps in those cases where even after the label has been renamed correctly, community configs are not tightened
1) Add the desired label in Steam
2) Take the name of the game, drive it in on the searchthe site
3) Take out the game's AppId and paste it as the name of the desired shortcut
4) Check community settings
Solving problems with overlay Rivatuner
Method 1
If the stereos overlay does not want to cling when Rivatuner is running, then it is enough to include "Custom direct3d" in the "On" position in its settings and then there will be an overlay and on-screen monitoring, it will work even with games from Origin, if everything is done as in the instructions below

Method 2
There is also a slightly different way, I found it in the forums, but I did not check it myself, because The fix described above works for me. And so, for the "global" fix of this problem you need:
  1. Follow the path "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ RivaTuner Statistics Server \ ProfileTemplates"
  2. Find fileglobal "
  3. Open it in a text editor and find "InjectionDelayTriggers" there
  4. By default we see "InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll", we need to replace the line with the following "InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll, GameOverlayRenderer64.dll"
  5. Save, exit and restart rivk

We putPlayClaw 5and do not suffer
Over Dogs Watch Dogs 2 with EasyAntiCheat
In order to launch a pirated version of Watch Dogs 2 with an overlay in the launch parameters of the shortcut on Steam, enter this-eac_launcher .
We save, run, get a working overlay and SK
VideoGuide from user Tipulja

Using RAW configs
It often happened to me that a third-party (non-steam) game with the correct name had neither community settings, nor from the publisher + import by meansutilitiesdid not give results, the config just did not see. As a result, I found a very simple and 100% effective solution for adding third-party configs to the game.
1) Add a third-party game in the library (OPTIONAL )
2) Go tosite
3) In the search we are looking for the desired game.
4) Select the desired config, go to it by the Details button
5) Click on Download and downloadRAWFILE!!
6) Take our file and go along the path Steam \ controller_base \ templates
7) Put the file there, launch the game, then go to the layout settings and our layout appeared in the "templates"
8) Ship it, resave locally or in the cloud and that's it. We have a third-party game with a third-party config.
How to pull out your LOCAL configs
After saving the config locally, it is simply stored on the hard disk under the same name that you gave it. And you can pull out the saved config as follows:
1) Save the config locally
2) Go along the path: \ Steam \ userdata \ your_ profile_ID (you can see it openutilityon import of configs)
3) In the final profile folder, just use the search by the name we need.
REPLACING THE RUBBER MEMBRANE UNDER THE BUTTONS (ABYX)
If you, as well as my ABYX buttons, started to spring up badly, then the rubber membrane inside the Gabbad has torn.
It is impossible to find the original rubber, and even Valve's support by Steam Controller cannot help with this problem.
But there is a solution! :)
I ordered a pair of rubber bands on Aliexpress for different gamepads (naturally, there are no original rubber bands for Steam Controller).
Gum came from GameBoy!
: happy:
Gum from GameBoy
Attached Image

Attached Image

We cut off a small piece from the rubber band so that it does not interfere with other details of Gabpad, as follows:
Like this
Attached Image

Attached Image

And actually that's what happened) Eraser fit perfectly! (I myself did not even expect this)
Tutz)
Attached Image

Links to Aliexpress

P.S. Feelings from pressing the ABYX buttons have become many times better) The click has become more springy, everything works fine: i-m_so_happy:
Using the IC on devices on Android. Thanks for the instructions of the SW.150
InstructionFOR GAMES ON Androidsmartphones with this controller:
1. InstallGamekeyboard(checked on version 5.2.0)
2. Connect the controller via a cable via an OTG adapter (for some reason, it did not work through a cable, via a wireless connector)
3. In the GameKeyboard settings:
3.1 Quick Setup / Touch Control-Joystick.
3.2 Additional settings / volume + (or another method of calling)
3.3 Internal parameters / location setting / location editing mode / tick
3.3 If the game is a shooter with an overview, then you can assign a review to the right trackpad like on a PC (in the settings: input device / use mouse / tick)
3.4 Run any text (you can go to the SMS) and select the device. input gamekeyboard
3.5 Start the game and bring up the on-screen joystick (you can use the volume +)
3.6 We drag the crossbar and 3 buttons to the right places on the screen (only they work): A, B, arrow to the left from Steam.
3.7 Click on the virtual "A" button on the virtual joystick / Input: / click on the joystick Steam Controller button A.
etc. other buttons.

By the way, the buttons are duplicated:
A = pr. trigger
B = right arrow from the button steam = lion. trigger
Left trackpad = left stick
Attached Image

P.S. Not yet found a way to define other buttons. I want to write in support of Steam to add a dis. buttons at least numeric buttons. The joystick is stitched.

Useful information
Catalog of press
Channel with a detailed overview of the controller and all its features
Controller parsing
Additional Russian
Excellent analysis of the IC and its software
List of games with native support for the UK
Quick battery removal!
The controller has a very simple and straightforward way to remove the batteries. No need electrical tape and other things. The photo below shows the levers that you need to push upwards (into the case) and then the battery will come out of the slot itself. I repeat, THIS IS NOT THE BUTTONS OF PETALS, THIS IS A SPECIAL-LEVER FOR REMOVING THE BATTERIES !, the places where the yellow arrow points to the photo are the places where the petals are pressed, i.e. Buttons hidden under stickers. Red arrow shows WALKER lever and FORCED battery blue arrow - DEFAULT lever position and INSTALLED battery
Attached Image

Information about the nature of the SC - thanksArnovichfor information
Native support
Under the link - the list of gamesNative support(games with native support for SC at the API level) and Official Bindings (games for which there are official developer binds, but these binds emulate other joysticks).

With Native Support, the joystick detects different game states. Bookmarks, as in the screenshots above, are activated independently.
Example - For Honor, for which there are three tabs - the menu, the movement outside the protective rack and the movement in the protective rack. In the bookmarks - different buttons, everything switches automatically.

Official Bindings can create bookmarks yourself (or they are in binde), but switching of bookmarks will occur at the touch of a button.
An example is GTA 5, for which I configured the "out of transport" and "transport" tabs. Switching - on the Y button, on which landing in transport is hammered. That is, getting into the transport, at the same time changing the layout.
Gyro drift problems
There are cases when the gyroscope starts to move in different directions, because Movement on the screen occurs without moving the joystick, this is called drift. There are several fixes.
1) Calibrate the device through the menu Steam
2) Perform auto calibration as follows
For not understanding ang. Turn on the gyroscope on the constant. Put on a flat surface, wait for some time.
Tricks with working in the system
There are some keyboard shortcuts that work in the system anywhere, in any application, and with any overlays. You can configure / view default combinations:
1) Enable Steam in bigpicche
2) Controller go to "Settings" ->"Basic settings" ->"Settings with the Steam button held down"
Very convenient, i.e. gives additional control over the system
The revitalization of the stimulator (manual firmware upgrade and rollback)
Instructions in English

Case + rear paint
Melneg94 @ 13.02.17, 15:58*
Well, as promised, after 3 days of use, I write my impressions about the case and the back cover.

Case
Eraser is very pleasant to the touch, resembles a soft touch, much better than native plastic. Pupyrki not big, in the right places, the controller has become much easier to hold. Hands, of course, still sweat, but now the controller does not slip out of hands. The gum in places is not very tight (too many notches), but this does not interfere, in the work areas everything is ok. The edges of the tachets are still easily accessible, the cover does not interfere, just with the XYAB buttons. The only small minus is back and home, it became a little harder to press them, they turned out to be slightly recessed, but this is easy to get used to. In general, the case is satisfied, its money is definitely worth it.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Back cover
The protrusion under the dongle does not interfere at all, it is not noticeable, fingers do not reach it (unless you try to feel it on purpose). The petals are pressed normally, maybe a little tight compared to the native cover, but if you hold one of the petals for a long time, you don’t always feel its progress when you let go. No click. When you click everything is ok.
Dongle inside is not fixed, just put inside and easily falls out when you open the lid.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Tookhere. Need to writehis.
Cover 1k, cover 650, delivery to Dolgoprudny (Moscow region) 300r, brought personally)
Sends to other cities by mail.

power usage
Semencmoz @ 01.26.17, 00:02*
Duraselles, which are bundled, have been holding for almost 3 months.
Now on batteries, if I'm not mistaken for something like 600mach, they hold for about 3 weeks - a month, depending on the intensity of use.
It also helps that it is not very demanding on the charge of batteries, for many it works up to 1.05 volts (with a “box” voltage of AA batteries of 1.5 volts). When the batteries sit down, I'll write.

imageMaster @ 01/26/17, 01:55*
Deff-nool, batteries from the kit for two months already with vibro and daily use included.

Brotzers @ 01/26/17, 02:38*
For a couple of days it is impossible to land in any way!
My native American people sat down for exactly one month, I probably play a lot) I think I will keep on good batteries and keep it longer.

DenPetrovich @ 01/26/17, 05:15*
About 100 hours in Witcher 3 on complete durasellahs, our times in 2 sat down faster, switched to batteries and stopped following, but about 2 days the people clearly lied for their goals

Presheti (RAW + Import Configs
Because The forum does not allow to load the original file extension had to be bogged down. What would the config you download become a RAW file to remove from its name.rar . After that, you can work with RAW configs according to the instructions from the spoiler above.
Example:
It was - Battlefield 4 full config with layouts.vdf.rar
It became - Battlefield 4 full config with layouts.vdf

Attached filebattlefield 1.vdf.rar(19.09 KB)

Attached fileBattlefield 1 - MP.vdf.rar(14.16 KB)

Attached fileBattlefield 4 full config with layouts.vdf.rar(57.22 KB)

Attached filekilling floor 2 with gyro and fast chang.vdf.rar(9.17 KB)

Attached fileS.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.vdf.rar(9.33 KB)

Attached files.t.a.l.k.e.r call of pripyat.vdf.rar(14.03 KB)

Attached filePURE with bind spetstryukov.vdf.rar(12.89 KB)

Attached filewatch dogs 2 + car presset.vdf.rar(23.86 KB)

Attached fileResident Evil 7.vdf.rar(7.15 KB)

Attached filewarface finalized.vdf.rar(14.73 KB)

Warfare Press Supplement
The file in the archive. Here, like, signed everything but there is one but. Since the game cannot be started with the Steam overlay due to the fact that the game starts from the gaming center email, you need to do the settings (big picche-setup-basic settings-setup for the PC) and also to click Alt-tab to switch to desktop (I switch to change the track in Yandex radio, and for everything else not related to the game) you need to assign the keys while the Steam button is pressed (for me, this is how we press the Steam button on the right trackpad and press the right trigger). Those who do not really understand will have a hard time understanding where everything is. There are buttons on which activators like long press and double press are installed) and one button performs several actions. If anything, let me create a text file with a description of everything. The gyro on the right trackpad when aiming the sensation of the right trackpad decreases when quickly pressing the left trigger shoots without a sight and you need to set the game itself (squatting while holding the button). Something like this! If that write I will describe all that is done. I can say that the button for the fourth pocket for the grenades is not assigned. Turn up the sensitivity of the trackpad and the gyroscope, if someone uses my press, then to play in PVP, tune the left trigger in the settings for (slow double trigger or normal double trigger) so it will shoot without aiming much faster if you play on storm and honey . If you play with a shotgun for honey, you can also set up the left trigger (by pressing the left mouse button while holding it down, it will fire itself until you release the trigger), although this will work with other classes.

Attached fileTom Clancy's The Division (denika) .vdf.rar(16.5 KB)
fromFleshkill

Feedback from users of the topic
BEHIND
If so, I’m on my own as well.
As for me, the device is head and shoulders above all other gamepads. I was not ready to pay $ 60 for the PS4 controller and 60 + 12 for the receiver from Huana, so the choice fell on the UK. Maybe I somehow do not correctly understand the point, but for me CK is a regular plug-and-play. Settings is everyone’s business. If you do not want to fool around with them, set the default config in the form of the xinput layout and do not recall the mapping at all. And if you do not do this, then before the first entry into the game in the press, choose "gamepad with high-precision axes" and everything, just forget about the setting. What people cry I can not understand.
Of the benefits:
+ A clear plus in the cumulative work of the trackpad and gyroscope. This is really a new level.
+ Full rebind of all that you can think of
+ Excellent ergonomics for big hands
+ Space autonomy even from simple batteries
Of the minuses:
- Just a defective overlay that really needs to be cut, and the sooner the better
- IMHO is not a funny nipple, convex not very comfortable
- Sometimes podsbivaet drift on gyro
The result: I took the device for 35 on Amazon + 10 for delivery. For our money, we get the level of the elite controller from the huan, and a new level of gaming in everything, from arcades to jokers. Yes, all is not smooth, but it does not happen. Someone is screaming about nerves, not convenience and so on, everything is great, but this gamepad is a device to which you definitely need to get used, this is said, if not at every pillar, then in every review. If a person bought it in the hope of PnP and ultra-compatibility with everything from the adapter to the vibrator, then ..... sorry, you need to read the reviews and watch the reviews.
I AM FOR
I have already written several reviews, one in this thread, and a couple on other sites. I will write again, the last probably.

TL, DR: Steam Controller is not "replacing the xbox controller as the main controller" and by no means replacing the mouse and keyboard, forget about it, in order to perform the functions of the xbox controller there is an xbox controller, dualshok and more of them less successful clones. Steam Controller is an attempt by Valve (developers of Half-Life, Steam and other heaps) to make a device that is comfortable to hold while sitting on a sofa / lying on a bed, but at the same time it will not limit the user's ability to play all released games on Steam.

Now more.
Steam Controller (hereinafter SK) actually consists of two parts. Parts of the hardware (the piece of hardware itself, or rather plastics), and parts of the software (the configuration utility of Steam).

Valv's ideas were ambitious - to make a device that would be comfortable to hold in hands, but at the same time you could give any type of input to a computer (analog sticks, analog hall sensors, classic buttons, touch panels and gyroscope were available), and it would be convenient and not distracting from the game, as well as make the software layer (the same configurator of the stim), with the help of which these all possible types of input could be interpreted into the input methods understandable for all games in the incentive.

Implement these ideas from Valve succeeded. Only there is a nuance (every time the word “nuance” is pronounced, that vulgar anecdote is remembered, and strangely enough it perfectly reflects the situation with SC) - everything works well and without problems only with games purchased on Steam, and only if this game , bought in the incentive, does not work through the third overlay, like some kind of yupley, and only if the user at least understands well what he is doing.

As always, when it comes to large-scale and limitless ideas, things that they cannot control stand in the way of the bank, namely:
1) Games that are either not in the incentive, or they work through third-party launchers.
2) Other programs installed on the user's computer that will inject their own overlay on top of the application.
3) The unwillingness and / or inability of the end user to draw conclusions based on what they read, or read altogether. (When roughly speaking on the controller under the lid, batteries and arrows are literally drawn, indicating that by pressing the buttons, the batteries are removed, but users do not pay attention to this and are surprised when they press the buttons, and it turns out it works like that - it’s just banal an example of the fact that if you open your eyes and fold 2 + 2, you can see a lot of things.)
To this we can add the fact that the implementation of large-scale ideas led to the fact that users who are accustomed to plug & play and who bought IC without knowing what this thing is and how it works, experienced a cultural shock from the configuration utility (someone from her very presence, and someone from the requirement to move his hands to make it work).

Hardware part
Not let down. Materials, despite the fact that they look cheap, quality. The controller is very durable; after a year and a half of using it personally, for me it still looks like a new one, not a scratch, even the touchpads did not get stuck, although perhaps the low-medium intensity of controller usage (4-5 hours per week) played a role. The only significant hardware flaw that was noted by the majority is the lack of a compartment under the dongle on the device itself (since the protocol is proprietary, if you lose the dongle, you will have to buy the original from official distributors). The marriage of the controller as such - single cases, most often if there are problems, they are associated with the software part, or drift of the gyroscope or a false input on the touch pads - all this is treated by calibration.
For users who are accustomed to the ergonomics of classic controllers, it may be difficult to get used to the ergonomics of the IC. In particular, people often complain about small and sometimes awkwardly placed ABXY buttons. Also, people who are accustomed to classic controllers may experience frustration from the shape of the controller's grips (on the Xbox controller, for example, from the bottom of the grips to the buttons, the slope goes in the direction of the player, while in the SK this slope goes in the opposite direction), but it will disappear with time, after intensive use, because it was done intentionally due to the fact that the touch panels need to be operated with the tips of the fingers, and not with the whole finger, as would be the case with the classical form of grips.

The software part.
Depends on the user and the specific case. In the "laboratory conditions" when the user's computer meets the minimum requirements of the game and no third-party software is installed on it, 99% of the games purchased with the incentive will work with the standard configuration utility and without any additional settings. With publicly available instructions (how to start games of origin, julyplay, third-party games, etc.), which google in 10 seconds, 95% of games will work, not only purchased in the incentive, but in general. If you use third-party utilities that allow you to add non-win-32 applications to Steam, 100% of the games will work.
Unfortunately, "laboratory conditions" is practically unnatural, and therefore, before buying, the user must ask himself: "am I ready to google the solution to the problem and follow the instructions in 5-10 points if necessary?". If the user did not ask this question, but still bought the IC, there is a high probability that in a couple of months he will run to the forums to scribble negative reviews.

After one and a half years of use, my opinion was:
- the gamepad allows you to do and play everything that you can imagine, you can play shooters with a mouse, you can drive with it like with a wheel in your hands, you can fly with it like a joystick in your hands, only this can not be compared with full gaming devices that are sharpened by this case. The mouse is faster, the steering wheel is fixed in one place and works more authentic, the joystick is also fixed and the degree of deviation from the vertical axis is better felt on it.
- the left touch panel seems useless to me. Compared to the classic 4 or 8-position D-pad, which is pushed into any other controller, the left touch panel adds functionality, but deprives of accuracy in tactile sensations in platformers like mitboi.
- To use some of the "features" of the controller, such as touch pads and a gyroscope, you need to practice this. Unaccustomed to this pain.

+ huge customization options. Using Mode Shift, the value of the buttons can be changed on the fly, and with the help of activators, you can increase the number of possible functions on one controller configuration in fact and almost to infinity. Even Armagh does not have as many binds as you can hang on SC
+ Unlike classic gamepads, SC does not require support from the game for themselves. For example, without third-party programs from the Xbox-pad, you will not be able to play some Fallout 1-2, Baldur's gate (you will not understand that you want it until you try, I rediscovered the isometric RPGs thanks to the SC), Devil May Cry 3, MGS2 and other classics. With the help of the SC it is done without problems, and even conveniently done.
+ In the shooter touchpad and gyroscope trite more convenient stick. I would never have thought of any girs of a thief or maxspain playing with a gamepad.
+ Not in the games SC can be used as a computer control panel, or as a hotkey block. Few people use it this way, but in general it will not be difficult to replace the keyboard with a stempad for working, for example, in Photoshop.
+ keeps charging for a long time. It is necessary to think at the expense of their proprietary dongle, they communicate not with full-fledged protocols with a bluetooth PC, but with cut-down ones transmitting the minimum amount of information and, accordingly, spend minimal energy on communication.

You should not take the SK as a replacement for the keyboard and mouse in online shooters or even in shooters, if you play at the table. Identical accuracy in management cannot be achieved at all, especially if you really play well on keyboard players (I can go down in detail, but this will take another 2-3 messages with the amount of text in this message, or even more). You should not take the SK as a replacement for a Xbox-type gamepad, firstly because the root design principles are very different (the Xbox controller "absorbed" the evolution of gamepads starting from the gamepad, demolishing the N64 gamepad, and ending with the pad of the original Xbox, whereas SK was developed from scratch, by developers who set themselves the goal of making the device as universal as possible to support everything that is possible), and secondly, according to the end-user experience, the classic gamepads are Plug & play, and to play the game you need to apply any and I.
I will add my story and mini reviewer.

Because I have scoliosis, I always have to play SC.
I had to throw the clave and the mouse (in games) - and it saddened me, and I realized that I needed to take the SC.
I had already heard about him, and I knew that they were smearing him everywhere. But I had almost no choice, I was not going to throw PC gaming. I also did not intend to play all the games on a regular gamepad, since wretched thing.

So I see a discount in the store Buka, dropped somewhere 4800, along with delivery.
Having received it after some time, I was fucked with joy. At last, I am holding SC, I thought.

All right, I started testing the SC. And after seeing all these settings in Big pikcha, I was also fucked up, but not with joy anymore)
Like everyone else, at the beginning there were thoughts to sell it nafig, but I did not give up and continued to understand it. After a week of use, he began to please me. And then every time more and more.
Pros:
- Gyro, it's just something. I use it for accurate aiming. It's over to get used to it, but then it will replace the mouse, well, almost)
- The trackpad, you need to say here, for sure aiming it certainly is not suitable, but it is much better than the usual stick (or whatever it is called, correct me). I use it for review, it is very convenient to inspect everything. I adjust it more sensitively than a gyroscope.
- SC is great in the hands, who would have thought, but it is more convenient than the Joy Xbox One.
- The settings in Big Pikch, at first it all seems like a minus, but if you figure everything out, you begin to understand that SC has a lot of opportunities. (For example: with the usual press one action, with the clamping of the same button is another)
- Batteries last for a long time, about a month. I personally bought rechargeable batteries, and charge them one by one. There is also the ability to play on the cable naturally.

Minuses:
- Already very long Valve updates it, a lot of shoals of all kinds. (For example, in saving settings that seem to fix, but generate new jambs)
- Some features are clearly not finalized. Sometimes for complete freedom of settings, some point is missing.

BEHIND !
since such a booze has gone, then my objective and subjective assessment:
pros
- Undoubtedly in the first place the function of the mouse + device in the form of a trackpad, trackball and mouse acceleration in the settings =>in the coupe everything gives absolute superiority over other gamepads
- Bigpikchi settings, in which there is a weak point, which can easily become a minus (or were originally), BUT in fact and my wildest fantasies, this is a plus (5 times)
- Power consumption, the batteries last for so long until indecently that I began to buy them instead of charging the batteries, for it is stupidly too lazy to charge.
- Left, right grabs (they are petals)
- Ergonomics of the SC, I’m used to, it’s very convenient to hold (like a glove) and press on the grip (to be fair, I’ll take it to the minuses, because I basically don’t play with the Xbox dvuyays, it's inconvenient and everything was here .. it was)
- Vibration, let's just say so non-standard, setting its level not only adds (decreases) its power, but also makes the reaction to some actions different. 8-bit is fun.
- My dream is a screenshot (purely from myself)
- Computer control, I can turn it on, I can turn it off, I can do everything.
- Design, I like the logo stim. In order not to say, but it is branded vesch (and the divine, again purely from myself)
- I did not use the cord, since it is there, a symbolic plus.
minuses
- As promised, ergonomics, more precisely, the main buttons and the left trackpad, too wide girth for me. Grab save. Well, you get used to it of course.
- General settings, in principle, because of what srach and worth it. But a large ship, a great navigation (and demand). Let's wait.
- Finding fault, it is inconvenient for me to remove the batteries, it seems to crush him. Although originally invented.
- not yet, and in general for the stalker is ready to forgive everything

VS
My short review is:
Steam Controller is an unfinished product in beta. Testing conducted on customers.

The advantages include the fact that the Steam Controller is by and large better than console gamepads, especially if you play on a computer. But do not force yourself to play on Steam Controller if you are a “type of cybersportsman” with a keyboard mouse, Steam Controller will not make you a champion.
Steam Controller is designed for unhurried non-console gaming, well, or haste gaming on games sharpened just under the console - in both cases, the controller will show itself from the best side.

Steam Controller is a great crutch for fans of console-style pastime.

Cons, two of them. The first is not plug & play, this crutch needs to be configured. Somewhere more, somewhere less, but you need to configure. The second is bugs, go to the topic of Steam bugs and find there a lot of unsolved problems, bugs everywhere, bugs everywhere and no one from Valve is in any hurry to solve them.

Verdict: A worthy sequel in the spirit of gamepads, but for such a gamepad with such functionality Sony or xbox would have sold their soul to the devil ... and now they will sell. However, it is clearly not suitable for adepts of clavomyshes, because clavomyshes always perform the same work much better and faster. If you want to sacrifice performance for the sake of comfort, then why not?

Today, after hundreds of hours of playing various games on SteamController, I decided to play, behind the monitor, using the keyboard and mouse. Shake the old days, go back to basics, compare user expirience in detail.
And you know, it was great! Using the keyboard and mouse turned out to be like a breath of fresh mountain air for me in a millionaire city. I, without regret, threw off the shackles of contrived "convenience." I played, and got real pleasure from the games! I no longer needed to remember which buttons on the controller, I zabindil certain functions. I no longer needed to spend hours setting up the control of the "sub-self." The mouse, as in the old days, was a continuation of my hand, I in the twinkling of an eye aimed the target object, in contrast to the pseudo-convenient wheelbarrow. I just played, and blithe. I easily handed out headshots in L4D, without the misfire I made combos and super-tricks in MK, I easily controlled armies in RA3. I regretfully realized how much time was wasted on setting up the pad, studying and iterating over configurations, on games that with such an implementation of control did not bring proper pleasure. My controller is sent to Avito, and to play in front of the TV I will buy a wireless set - a keyboard + mouse. Which by the way will not only be more convenient, but also cheaper than buying SC from official distributors in Russia.

User Videos

STEAM LINK
Official site |
SteamLink supports connection to itself as SC (without dongle), and third-party gamepads, working on technologyBluetooth

Steamlink images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Completion and technical characteristics
Official multilanguage community of devices
Brief characteristics
  • 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second
  • Network connectivity support: wired up to 100 Mbit / s and wireless 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO)
  • Three USB 2.0 ports
  • Native Wireless Steam Controller Support
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • HDMI output
  • Supports Steam Controller (sold separately), Xbox One and Xbox 360 wired controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows, Logitech F710 wireless controller, and mouse and keyboard

Equipment
  • Steam link
  • Power Adapter and Cable
  • HDMI 2.0 cable
  • Ethernet cable

Requirements
  • Computer running SteamOS, or with Steam Big Picture mode on Windows Vista or higher, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher, Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or higher.
  • 720p or 1080p TV
  • Any of the above input devices
  • Connection in the home network for Steam Link and for a computer with Steam

Instructions
Installing RetroArch and Kodi Home Media Center fromumarcheh
Installation instructions for the Steam Link emulator of old RetroArch game consoles and Kodi home media center

What is it all about and why is it needed?
RetroArch is a collection of emulators neatly packaged in one application. With it you can run games for consoles Nintendo 64, NES, PlayStation 1, SEGA and others, the application allows you to work on the basis of the Libretro API with a huge number of emulators. Libretro is a wrapper for all popular emulators. More than 40 emulator cores have been ported for Libretro, many of which are only part of RetroArch.

Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free cross-platform media player and open source HTPC software. The graphical interface of the program allows you to easily manage video files, photos and music located on your computer, optical disc, on the Internet or on a local network. Can be controlled by remote control. A popular alternative to Windows Media Center from Microsoft and Front Row from Apple. Kodi supports custom plugins and themes. Kodi was originally created as a media center application for the first generation of the Xbox. But now it supports Linux, OS X (Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger, Apple TV), Apple iOS, Windows, Android, and Raspberry Pi. Before version 14, the project was called XBMC (from Xbox Media Center).

Proceed to install

First you need to install USBMount - this is a very small application, which is essentially just a script that mounts plug USB flash drives to Steam Link
Installation:
Downloadfrom hereUSBMount archive, unzip the contents to the root of the flash drive (the flash drive must be in fat32), pull the power cord out of the link, stick the flash drive, stick the power cord and turn on the link, the USBMount icon will appear in the link menu, remove the USBMount installer from it, it on the flash drive is no longer needed

RetroArch swing for thisreference
Installation is similar to USBMount.
copy folders from the archive to the root of the flash drive (the flash drive must be in fat32), pull the power cord out of the link, stick the flash drive, stick the power cord and turn on the link, RetroArch will be installed and the icon will appear in the link menu, pull out the flash drive and remove itonly installer RetroArch located on the steamlink / apps / path retroarch.tgz folder RetroArch on a flash drive do not touch .

Running games, first you need to download the Roma for examplefrom hereI will describe how I did it: on the flash drive with which I installed the retroarch in the RetroArch folder I created the Roms folder and threw in the Roma there, then pull out the power cord from the link, insert the USB flash drive, insert the power cord and turn on the link, first we press the USBMount icon something similar happens On the fast link reboot (the screen will flash black), only after that we start RetroArch, select the emulator core and the rum of the game. At the moment, RetroArch is an enthusiast port and many kernels are not supported.
list of supported kernels
fbalpha2012, fceumm, gambatte, genesis plus gx, mednafen, pce fast, mgba, nestopia, nxengine, pcs x rearmed, picodrive, prboom, snes9x 2002, stella
also, the author strongly does not recommend using the online kernel update (Core Updater), but has nothing against updating the Update Core Info Files, Update Assets, Update Databases parameters. The official blog of RetroArch developers claims to support Steam Link in the next versions.

Install Kodi:
download archivekodi-17.5-2017-10-23.tgz, put on a USB flash drive along the steamlink / apps path the flash drive should naturally be in FAT32, pull out the power cord from the link, plug in the USB flash drive, plug in the power cord, start the link, install Kodi and the icon will appear in the link menu, you can use Kodi, and remove it from the flash drive installer

Kodi supports the Russian language, you can turn it on in the settings, as an experiment I installed the YouTube addon, connected via dlna to the computer's media data and viewed them, downloaded alternative covers and much more, everything worked without complaints. If you want to view media data from a connected USB flash drive via Kodi, do not forget to mount it first via USBMount, the media data on the USB flash drive must be arranged in folders.

Polls
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 03.04.19, 10:39
Reason for editing: Updating documentation

Rep: (518)
Maybe someone often travels to the USA and is ready to become such a small supplier of controllers for small percentages.

and that a physical person can import anything into the country without imprisonment? Why does a person have a big hemorrhoids for small percentages, if he is obliged to declare these controllers, which will not be missed later

* DenPetrovich,
Why is it allowed at the airport to carry your things like laptops and then suddenly get 3-4 joysticks out of your bag? these are my personal belongings, they will not check my laptop or headphones on their bases, I think an individual can carry everything that is not prohibited by law in his bag, this package is being diverted on the same day

* Eleman, so it turns out that it is forbidden to import them once there is no notification and it is necessary to declare encryption tools or get permission from the FSB.
Read herethisandthis
According to Lukatsky and a lawyer of the Moscow Bar Association “YurCity” Vitaly Shakin, any owner of an uncertified “gray” smartphone can be fined at the border, even if it was acquired earlier, if it was not declared during customs clearance. A fine may amount to more than half the price of the device in accordance with article 16.2 of the Administrative Code (“Failure to declare or inaccurate declaration of goods”).

In general, I think this is far from as simple as it seems.
Although, judging by the reviews on the incentive, some packages from Amazon were missed.

Post has been editedDenPetrovich - 25.11.15, 12:41

* DenPetrovich,
Hmm, it is clear that a new gray smartphone in a sealed package will not be allowed, but for some reason it seems to me that if you just go with it like with your main call, they will not remove the battery to recognize the model, this is too much. In general, I am waiting for a response from the FSB on the issue of import permits, what to do.

In the community write the delivery was transported through customs under the guise of a musical CD: D
Chelshowshow various games are played on the controller

Post has been editedDenPetrovich - 25.11.15, 16:02

Rep: (4)
Hemorrhagic with settings. Steam community settings are available only for purchased games. If there is a pirate, you will have to configure the controller manually. I have no time to do this. Yes, and I got used to the xone joystick. So if someone needs, write in a personal, I can send by mail.

On Amazon, what has free shipping become? Previously, I chose Russia and pledged $ 25, and now it remains $ 49
In the end, it still showed 1800 for delivery: (

Post has been editedDenPetrovich - 27.11.15, 04:09

Rep: (1)
I got about 2,700 for delivery, but I ordered myself a Link + Controller and another controller, if suddenly someone would need it later. I hope that I will also receive a "music CD player" :)

Post has been editedleon1441 - 27.11.15, 10:57

Rep: (0)
Guys, but tell me, does anyone know where in America you can buy this controller "offline"?
To just come to the store and buy "hands" without any pre-orders and deliveries.
If anything, I'm sorry, in Google, I seem to be banned.

Today sat understood with the controller. That's what I found out: the controller correctly (adequately) works only with games downloaded (purchased) in Steam and only when using the Steam client itself. If you add a third-party game to Steam, Steam does not find the settings of the controller from the community and does not change the options for the built-in settings. Also, it will not work by handles to drive in the settings of the buttons. He allows his settings, you can even save them, but they will not work in the game. The same situation and if you open the game from the desktop. The controller in the game does not work correctly. Conclusion: buy games through Steam officially, or wait for some left-side software to be released that will be able to change management bypassing Steam.
Ps The joystick itself when connected to a PC is defined as a keyboard, and not as a gamepad.
Pps Who has a device in hand, confirm or refute, please, the above.

Rep: (3)
I still decide where to get cheaper and safer, Amazon?

Rep: (0)
Ordered to Amazon. In total, for the controller and delivery paid $ 80. Delivery was carried out by DHL. As a result, the controller is in Moscow for the third day in the customs declaration. Today from DHL they wrote: "The product falls into the category of products containing cryptographic devices. The goods, in turn, will be returned back, you should contact the store about the refund."
I'm sad.

Rep: (3)
How to explain to customs officers the difference between a gamepad and a console. And then they see the word Steam, apparently, they are looking for it through notifications, and having found the console, they wrap the gamepad.

* MMrrTT, according to the word steam there are no consoles, only AMD processors (Steamroller)

PashaLunek @ 11/30/2015, 9:45 PM*
Joystick itself when connected to a PC is defined as a keyboard

I was told in the comments under one YouTube that the gamepad is defined in the PC as one or the other depending on the default setting. I will give comments
Outside of the launched stim, the controller works like a normal gamepad, without fine and goodies. However, the incentive has a button "add a third-party game to my library" - for this game you can customize the Steam Controller. So yes, one-eyed friends with a wooden leg can also sense the delights of the controller.
..the controller has a default scheme for the desktop (shown above - https://pp.vk.me/c629405/v629405489/2030e/T0IQmN35kB8.jpg). You can choose any. Plus, as I said, if you add a third-party game to Steam, it is also fully customizable like any other purchased game.

I apologize for my post above. Dealt with third-party applications. So: Add third-party games in your library Steam. Choose from the existing layouts, or configure the controller yourself at your discretion. We play without problems. But for some reason, pes 16 piracy from my controller did not work, and the mouse in project cars did not work either, as I didn’t set it up. Rocket league pirated: the joystick also did not work. I understand that the games, though pirated, but must be stimovskim.

Post has been editedPashaLunek - 05.12.15, 20:38

The answer about the notifications did not come, and not to cope with this ordinary person. Simply hammer the Amazon until the box comes through. But expensive to have to.
I hope to come up with a program to untie from the stim in order to run directly from the shortcuts and customize by pressing the steam button, maybe there will be suppliers by the time that there would be a motive to buy ..

I also hope for a similar program, so that without crap too much.

news

Valve is preparing a Steam controller update
The Steam controller is already available to everyone for about a month, so that when studying the capabilities of the device, gamers even discovered what Valve had not planned. The company shared information regarding the future update of the controller, as well as the hidden features of the device. For example, the giro-tracking system can be used simultaneously with the trackpad for even more accurate aiming.

In addition, the "mouse region" feature has already been introduced, which is designed for games with a mass menu, allowing the player to reconfigure the trackpad based on what the player is doing. For example, if one of the buttons is clamped, the left trackpad is responsible for controlling the mini-map, so that it becomes much easier to move the camera around the map. In addition, a customizable touch menu has been added, allowing up to 16 buttons to be located from the keyboard on the controller.

In the future, the ability to activate your own controller settings on any machine will be introduced - useful if you are playing with a friend. Support for non-Steam games will also be introduced, while configurations can also be shared for the community.
En
Conveyor

Rep: (66)
on Wednesday the controller was brought in from the third time. the first two times delivered by DHL, this is definitely a dead number, then i-parcel was brought ->spsr.

thoughts:
1) most English reviews say that the gadget is cheap. I did not understand what, soft plastic quality, seemingly durable. in order not to be felt cheap, it was necessary to encrust it with rhinestones? xs shorter.
2) problems with retraining to a new layout (left stick below, XYAB right below) didn’t arise personally for me personally, I got used to it in an hour and a half.
3) everything is configured quite simply, although there are so many settings that sometimes the headache of the number of possibilities starts to hurt. for example, in WarThunder I played with the settings of a good two hours of live time, until I was tired.
4) that really requires habituation - developing the habit of aiming not only with the help of the touchpad, but also with the gyroscope (for shooters, it is recommended to increase accuracy). it's just a gap pattern in the beginning, so many years of aiming at two-dimensional, and the gyroscope adds a third dimension.

There are a lot of pluses, you can not list them, I will say only one significant drawback, which I see so far only: for the plug-and-play, turned on and play style of the game, it will not work. almost all games will have to spend time on setting up and adjusting the gamepad for the game, which does not allow recommending this device to lazy people who do not know what they are doing.

http://steamcontroller.rocks/ <- On this site, users collect configurations for the gaipad. for games that are in the incentive, but which are not purchased from you (tobish bought in other services, or scrolled) I hope someday there will be games that the incentive doesn’t have at all, such as Battlefield 3-4 and FIFA.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/29/196, 06:33