Group: Active users
Messages 39
Check in: 05.08.14
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Sports watchGARMIN FENIX 3 / 3HR- Discussion
PictureGARMIN FENIX 3 / 3HR
Description | Official site | Discussion

Attached Image

ClockGarmin Fenix ​​3 / 3HRare durable, functional, smart multisport watch with GPS-receiver, designed for fans of outdoor sports and adventure. Since the device includes a set of functions for training and navigation, it is ready for any sporting activities or competitions. Access to the Connect IQ platform allows you to customize dials, data fields, widgets and actions.

Device characteristics
Type of:smart watch
Platform support - Android, iOS, Windows Mobile through the applicationGarmin Connect Mobile
Notifications with viewing - SMS, mail, calendar, weather, Facebook, Twitter and other instant messengers. Set up the necessary notifications made through Garmin Connect Mobile.

Design and appearance:
Case material - EXOTM stainless steel bezel-antenna with GPS and GLONASS reception. PVD-coated stainless steel buttons with silicone strap and ultra strong glass-reinforced (Carbon Reinforced Polymercasing for added reliability
Body colors - steel, gray, dark gray
The material of the bracelet / strap is silicone, stainless. steel (depending on configuration)
Bracelet / strap colors - silicone straps of various colors are available.
The way information is displayed is a Garmin Chroma DisplayTM color display with a diameter of 1.2 ”(30.4 mm). Resolution 218x218. Number of pixels per inch (PPI) - 257
Type of glass - mineral / sapphire (depending on configuration)
Water resistant - 100 m (10 ATM). Such watches are designed to float in them. And even jumped into the water and plunged a couple of meters under the water. But serious in-depth research is not for them.
Dimensions (W × H × T) - 51x51x16 mm
Weight - 85 g. With silicone strap / 186 g. With metal strap.

Connection:GPS / Glonass, Bluetooth® 4.0 LE, ANT +, Wi-Fi, USB cable

Additional functionality:Navigation functions - 3-axis compass, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and TracBack® function. Smartphone alerts and downloadable data fields, dials and apps from Connect IQTM. The Elevate technology - measurement of pulse rate on a wrist (for model with a prefixHR). The device is equipped with a barometric altimeter and an electronic 3-axis compass. With LiveTrack, your friends and family can monitor your location. By downloading free content from the Connect IQTM store, you can personalize your watches. You can change the dial, add data fields and get applications and widgets to read information at a glance.

Internal memory:32 MB

Nutrition:Battery Li-Ion, Battery capacity - 300 mAh, battery life up to 2 weeks. In active mode using GPS - 16 hours.

Instructions / Tips / Useful Information
Examples of setting notifications in the Android system
Including hours to the list of trusted devices for automatic unlocking of the smartphone (Android)
User's manual -WEB | PDF
History of changes in firmware -Fenix ​​3 | Fenix ​​3HR
_ _ _
Disassembled articles -One | Two | Three
Low-level sensor test via the service menu -Text (ENG) | Video (ENG) | Login to the service menu
Comparative characteristics of all Garmin watches -Table
Soft / Hard Reset.
Saving data after a hard reset -RUS | ENG(Data Backup section)
Setting up applications through a mobile application.
Why do the seconds hand disappear from third-party dials? + a bit more
Caller ID is not displayed.
A little about the principles of the barometer / altimeter in hours.
Nuance settings pulse zones.
Explanation of the parameters of running.
About pulse recovery.
Perhaps different pulse sensors / LEDs in the HR version- just noticed on the forum. Original messages:One | Two
Palette compatible with the colors of the screen.
Compatibility table of external sensors.
Differences models Garmin chest sensors
Pinout power charging.
What is VO2max? | Table by sex and age! (source post)
HR sensor polishing - but at your own risk!
About the restored clock.
_ _ _
Homemade "contour maps"
Track with a route in hours. How to pour a track on the clock. Faster wayfrom a PC or smartphone usingdwMap.
Navigation point.
_ _ _
Manual installation of the language module(ENG), if suddenly you have any problems with the language.
Correction of language in hours.Examples of corrected files -One | Two | Ukrainian language | Ukrainian language (scor.)
_ _ _
Webupdater- a utility for re-flashing the clock in case of any glitches, if suddenly something went wrong ...Small instruction.
Firmware downgrade(section Firmware downgrade).Alternate reference.
Information on writing your watch apps. Connect IQ Tutorial.
VIRB® Edit- The application from Garmin, which allows you to add activity parameters to the video.Work with the application. Original post with an example.
_ _ _
Detailed review (ENG) | Detailed review (RUS)
Prostobzor- A portal with useful information and reviews of Garmin products, including about the clock.

Useful portals
Garmin connect- the native Garmin portal with which the clock data is synchronized.
Strava- a world famous portal for analyzing data of various activities with elements of a social network. It is possible to synchronize data with Garmin Connect.
Endomondo- personal athletic trainer. Suitable for professional and experienced athletes, as well as those who are just getting up the path of a healthy lifestyle.
Golden cheetah- If suddenly someone lacks Garmin Connect to analyze their own activities. It works locally, provides many graphs for analysis, works great with the Harmin Fit file format. There is a Russian localization (source post).
Swimming Watch tools- the portal allows you to edit swimming lessons (source post).
SyncMyTracks- synchronization of your activities with various popular services.
Russia Running Challenge 2017- competition for runners. Slogan: In the new year there will be not 365 days, but 2017 kilometers!Registration fee! (source post)
_ _ _
Garmin Forum
_ _ _
Google Maps Find Altitude- site for checking the height above sea level anywhere in the world

Accessories
Strap Reviews -One | Two | Three | Four | Five (Comparison China vs Original) | Six |...
Film on screen- fits perfectly in size (review -one | two). This is exactly the film. Do not buy glass, it will not stick because of the curvature of the glass of the watch itself.Another post about the film.
Cradle for charging -One | Two
Quick release kit- quick release.Explanatory video.
Bicycle mount kit- mount on the bike.Explanatory video.
Photo complete adapter.
Cardiometer CooSpo H6- works with the clock (fast)
Cardiac TICKR- works with the clock (review)
Gemini200- cadence / speed sensor (fast)
Bezel protection.
_ _ _
Shop with zap. parts on garmin -One | Two | Three

... from the guys from the forum:

Purchase
www.slanecycles.com- on the forum "Irish". CouponSUBSCRIBE5- 5 pounds discount.
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/ - Now a little cheaper "Irish", but check before you buy.Couponrun5- 5% discount. CouponHR10- 10% discount. From the pros: PayPal payment is possible

Do not forget to choose the country of departure on European websites before you estimate the price!For non-European customers, prices are lower due to tax deduction (VAT).

* Groupsavagemessiahzine.comin Garmin Connect! If you wish, join the group for competitions on indicators with forum users.
* About the authenticity of watches

* Attention, scam on Avito!

• Questions and suggestions on filling the cap, please direct me toQMS- SandroID
  • Before asking a question, use search by topic. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Post has been editedKenny ™ - 28.03.19, 20:10
Reason for editing: Putting a clock on the list of trusted devices to automatically unlock the smartphone (Android)
Eugene_T
Message#42
09.02.16, 11:19
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 398
Check in: 03.07.12
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S 6/64

19ras
If on Monday morning I charged it, then on Saturday, at 12 o'clock, 5-8% remained. This is my case.

Somewhere in the reviews they wrote that when below 25% of the charge, the watches cut down the activity, gps, external sensors and remain just hours. Is it already wrong? All too lazy to try it yourself, feeding periodically

--------------------
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Note + Garmin Fenix ​​3 Sapphire Edition, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
micrab
Message#43
09.02.16, 11:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 272
Check in: 15.10.08
Microsoft Lumia 640 DS LTE

In the new year I went away for 1 day, and I was stuck there for 5. I didn’t charge. I don’t know about background activities, but skied with a clock on skis with a charge balance of less than 10%. GPS worked, activity worked. All information is recorded and is in the statistics (including the track). Activity tracking also seems to work, but I don’t remember 100%. But the data in the statistics for days with a charge of less than 25% is. That is, sleep and steps were taken into account. Came to charge with a charge of 2%. Firmware version 6.50.

Does GPS in the background turn on? It seems to me only when you start some kind of forced activity. By itself does not work.
fregat3163
Message#44
09.02.16, 18:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 385
Check in: 22.01.09

And sometimes with the vibration pops up the message "scale pbr." What is this all about?)
micrab
Message#45
09.02.16, 19:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

And sometimes with the vibration pops up the message "scale pbr." What is this all about?)

Probably there is in the go "scale pod sbr."? This is activity tracking. If you do not move (for example, you sit at the table), the watch reminds you to move. In the steps widget, the no-movement indicator appears in red at the bottom of the circle. It is completely filled, it seems, in three hours. When you move for a while, the clock resets this counter. At the time of the reset, the message “scale under sbr.” Appears, which means: the scale of mobility is reset. Only for the scale to be reset, it is necessary to move (walk) for some time - a couple or three minutes.

Post has been editedmicrab - 09.02.16, 19:15
19ras
Message#46
10.02.16, 08:07
Novice
[offline]

Messages 39
Check in: 05.08.14
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

And here is another interesting thing from the watch. I think it is systemic. because 2 times already this way. With activity. Tried to turn off the power. Turn off then turned off. A ON or how. The inscription "garmin" appears ... and silence ... Until you send the 4 buttons and after that you do not connect to the computer, they do not start working. And moreover, the current time stops at the moment of hangup. So be careful.
Vol_Eug
Message#47
10.02.16, 09:05
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 01.02.16

19ras @ 02/10/2016, 11:07*
And here is another interesting thing from the watch. I think it is systemic. because 2 times already this way. With activity. Tried to turn off the power. Turn off then turned off. A ON or how.

There is such a moment that I personally got caught. When you turn off the menu is on the lock, and if you do not look, then the input will lock. And unlocking is done by connecting usb.

Here on the branch, someone mentioned that he came across photos of disassembly of Garmin Fenix ​​3. If anyone meets, post a link, it is interesting to see. How many are not looking, there is only a photo of how to sand a black bezel to a silvery condition and sell new cases. By the way, it can be seen from them that the bottom metal nickle is simply pasted on plastic, and the bezel is whole-turned (I thought stamping).
fraley
Message#48
10.02.16, 13:00
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 19
Check in: 19.08.10

Eugene_T @ 02/10/2016, 11:25*
if you really want to see the pulse during sleep, is not it easier to record arbitrary activity and then consider the full schedule on your computer?

I probably didn’t quite speak out exactly - I didn’t cling to the sensor either day or night.
I just checked that everything works, I was like at home for half an hour and ... everything.
Yesterday there was no time for training.
Theoretically, this application may have nothing to do with it, but the problem is something else, but over the past couple of days I have installed only it.
And another question, I haven't quite figured out the settings yet - if in the store from Garmin (Connect IQ) the application is positioned as an “application”, can it be set as a “data field”?
For the data field in the workout, I installed this:
https: //apps.garmin.co...4fa3-9dcd-993b997f8a0f
barzhak
Message#49
10.02.16, 19:32
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 21
Check in: 03.11.08
RoverPC N7

Kind people! Tell me, if the watch is not bought in Russia, can Russification be done somehow or not? The Russian representative office as I understood it just sends (((
3abotin
Message#50
10.02.16, 20:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Check in: 19.10.13
Amazon Kindle

* barzhak,I ordered from China through AliExpress. Russian was immediately. Only he was called sloppy - Russkij, it seems. But inside was not translit, as in FR220, but Cyrillic. With the new firmware and the name was written in Russian. True, a small part of the menu has not yet been translated.

Post has been edited3abotin - 10.02.16, 20:25
fregat3163
Message#51
10.02.16, 23:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 385
Check in: 22.01.09

In general, about the external temperature sensor - indeed, it constantly works only when it is turned on. activity. Then there is only temperature on the screen, but there is a timeline in garminconnect.
Lonely raven
Message#52
10.02.16, 23:45
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1145
Check in: 01.12.08

Vol_Eug @ 02/10/2016, 08:05*
Here on the branch, someone mentioned that he came across photos of disassembling Garmin Fenix ​​3. If anyone meets, post a link, it is interesting to see

Here:http://www.f-blog.info/diving-inside-garmin-fenix-3-tear-down-etc/
and here:https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2891933

In a hat

Post has been editedSandroid - 17.01.17, 11:14
barzhak
Message#53
11.02.16, 09:29
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 21
Check in: 03.11.08
RoverPC N7

https: //m.facebook.com...nix-3/418202974971280/- maybe someone will be useful. About changing the language in hours from Garmin

Post has been editedbarzhak - 11.02.16, 09:30
micrab
Message#54
11.02.16, 10:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

AlexPC4000 @ 11.02.2016, 10:34*
metal bracelet anyone regulated? How are the links taken off?

Like any watch bracelet. The arrow on the links indicates the direction of knocking out the connecting parts and indicates the links that can be removed. It is advisable to use the minimum tool for the work, the hands can not disassemble the bracelet. Look at the u-tube, there are a lot of video instructions on how this is done. It is not necessary to look for exactly how to disassemble a fenix3 bracelet, almost any option with a watch bracelet will do. If you need to remove several links, I recommend doing this on both sides of the bracelet so that the clasp remains approximately in the middle.
nukkinote
Message#55
11.02.16, 10:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 301
Check in: 29.11.12

AlexPC4000 @ 11.02.2016, 10:34*
Did anyone regulate the metal bracelet? How are the links taken off?

Easy ... yesterday I taught the clock. Right at work, with a pushpin (plastic with a needle) he squeezed out the axes and shortened the bracelet.
The axles are squeezed against the arrows, which are quite easy on the links. But if the arrow, you really have to knock out ...

Post has been editednukkinote - 11.02.16, 10:53
Vol_Eug
Message#56
11.02.16, 11:56
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 01.02.16

AlexPC4000 @ 11.02.2016, 13:34*
Did anyone regulate the metal bracelet? How are the links taken off?

I regulated the same myself, and I had to remove two segments from the top (when you hold your hand with your thumb up) one from the bottom. He did everything by the rules, but due to the fact that the studs were weakly springy, they were inserted very easily. Scored no further. The bracelet began to self-sort out, well I noticed on time. Then the studs are slightly knocked against the arrow indicated on the bracelet, now holding on. If the stud is easily inserted it is dangerous! When I shortened the Casio bracelet, the hairpin as if clicked into place, on Garmina, it was somehow relaxed. Bought on Taobao version for Hong Kong, the main language is English. Russian was present in the language pack. The only thing that confused, the butterfly was set for bracelets 20 mm wide, respectively, the width of the buttons is 23 mm, and since the width of the Phoenix bracelet is 22 mm, the butterfly turned out to be truly hidden - the buttons stand out only half a millimeter.

Lonely Raven @ 11.02.2016, 02:45*

It’s bad not to know English, as soon as I didn’t try Google could not find anything ...
micrab
Message#57
11.02.16, 12:21
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

Vol_Eug @ 11.02.2016, 11:56*
the butterfly turned out to be truly hidden - the buttons stand out only half a millimeter.

The clasp when the bracelet is closed is really almost invisible. Sometimes it seems that it does not exist at all, if you do not particularly look closely. So this is most likely conceived, and not because of the version for Hong Kong.
AlexPC4000
Message#58
11.02.16, 12:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 366
Check in: 16.05.08
Asus p535

micrab @ 11.02.2016, 11:10*
Maybe we have different bracelets? In my axis is a wedge that goes out of the bracelet in the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the link. If you push in the other direction, it will really be difficult to knock out. I knocked out, since at hand there was a normal tool for small works))) Yes, and when you “score” back you are sure that they will keep it high quality and not jump out somewhere. In general, these axes come out without much effort, only initially the axis needs to be moved, then it drops out by itself.

I found not a wedge, but a folded flat wire. In one place, the ends of the wire seem to diverge forming a "thickening". Squeezed the arrows, drove back against the arrows. Let's see how long it will last. Thanks to all.
nukkinote
Message#59
11.02.16, 12:39
Local
[offline]

Messages 301

I have this:

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editednukkinote - 11.02.16, 12:39
AlexPC4000
Message#60
11.02.16, 13:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 366
Check in: 16.05.08
Asus p535

I have this:

You have the same thing. The photo clearly shows the place of thickening. And yes, the arrow is drawn wrong :)
nukkinote
Message#61
11.02.16, 14:21
Local
[offline]

Messages 301

* micrab,I am surprised myself, but in the other direction it’s not so easy to pull out ...
Maybe on my copy of the axis put the wrong side?
Nevertheless, those who have not yet decided - try, to shorten the bracelet yourself is no problem. Not in one, so in the other direction the axis will be squeezed out. Delov for 5 minutes ...

362 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 15:27