Group: Active users
Messages 39
Check in: 05.08.14
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Sports watchGARMIN FENIX 3 / 3HR- Discussion
PictureGARMIN FENIX 3 / 3HR
Description | Official site | Discussion

Attached Image

ClockGarmin Fenix ​​3 / 3HRare durable, functional, smart multisport watch with GPS-receiver, designed for fans of outdoor sports and adventure. Since the device includes a set of functions for training and navigation, it is ready for any sporting activities or competitions. Access to the Connect IQ platform allows you to customize dials, data fields, widgets and actions.

Device characteristics
Type of:smart watch
Platform support - Android, iOS, Windows Mobile through the applicationGarmin Connect Mobile
Notifications with viewing - SMS, mail, calendar, weather, Facebook, Twitter and other instant messengers. Set up the necessary notifications made through Garmin Connect Mobile.

Design and appearance:
Case material - EXOTM stainless steel bezel-antenna with GPS and GLONASS reception. PVD-coated stainless steel buttons with silicone strap and ultra strong glass-reinforced (Carbon Reinforced Polymercasing for added reliability
Body colors - steel, gray, dark gray
The material of the bracelet / strap is silicone, stainless. steel (depending on configuration)
Bracelet / strap colors - silicone straps of various colors are available.
The way information is displayed is a Garmin Chroma DisplayTM color display with a diameter of 1.2 ”(30.4 mm). Resolution 218x218. Number of pixels per inch (PPI) - 257
Type of glass - mineral / sapphire (depending on configuration)
Water resistant - 100 m (10 ATM). Such watches are designed to float in them. And even jumped into the water and plunged a couple of meters under the water. But serious in-depth research is not for them.
Dimensions (W × H × T) - 51x51x16 mm
Weight - 85 g. With silicone strap / 186 g. With metal strap.

Connection:GPS / Glonass, Bluetooth® 4.0 LE, ANT +, Wi-Fi, USB cable

Additional functionality:Navigation functions - 3-axis compass, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and TracBack® function. Smartphone alerts and downloadable data fields, dials and apps from Connect IQTM. The Elevate technology - measurement of pulse rate on a wrist (for model with a prefixHR). The device is equipped with a barometric altimeter and an electronic 3-axis compass. With LiveTrack, your friends and family can monitor your location. By downloading free content from the Connect IQTM store, you can personalize your watches. You can change the dial, add data fields and get applications and widgets to read information at a glance.

Internal memory:32 MB

Nutrition:Battery Li-Ion, Battery capacity - 300 mAh, battery life up to 2 weeks. In active mode using GPS - 16 hours.

Instructions / Tips / Useful Information
Examples of setting notifications in the Android system
Including hours to the list of trusted devices for automatic unlocking of the smartphone (Android)
User's manual -WEB | PDF
History of changes in firmware -Fenix ​​3 | Fenix ​​3HR
_ _ _
Disassembled articles -One | Two | Three
Low-level sensor test via the service menu -Text (ENG) | Video (ENG) | Login to the service menu
Comparative characteristics of all Garmin watches -Table
Soft / Hard Reset.
Saving data after a hard reset -RUS | ENG(Data Backup section)
Setting up applications through a mobile application.
Why do the seconds hand disappear from third-party dials? + a bit more
Caller ID is not displayed.
A little about the principles of the barometer / altimeter in hours.
Nuance settings pulse zones.
Explanation of the parameters of running.
About pulse recovery.
Perhaps different pulse sensors / LEDs in the HR version- just noticed on the forum. Original messages:One | Two
Palette compatible with the colors of the screen.
Compatibility table of external sensors.
Differences models Garmin chest sensors
Pinout power charging.
What is VO2max? | Table by sex and age! (source post)
HR sensor polishing - but at your own risk!
About the restored clock.
_ _ _
Homemade "contour maps"
Track with a route in hours. How to pour a track on the clock. Faster wayfrom a PC or smartphone usingdwMap.
Navigation point.
_ _ _
Manual installation of the language module(ENG), if suddenly you have any problems with the language.
Correction of language in hours.Examples of corrected files -One | Two | Ukrainian language | Ukrainian language (scor.)
_ _ _
Webupdater- a utility for re-flashing the clock in case of any glitches, if suddenly something went wrong ...Small instruction.
Firmware downgrade(section Firmware downgrade).Alternate reference.
Information on writing your watch apps. Connect IQ Tutorial.
VIRB® Edit- The application from Garmin, which allows you to add activity parameters to the video.Work with the application. Original post with an example.
_ _ _
Detailed review (ENG) | Detailed review (RUS)
Prostobzor- A portal with useful information and reviews of Garmin products, including about the clock.

Useful portals
Garmin connect- the native Garmin portal with which the clock data is synchronized.
Strava- a world famous portal for analyzing data of various activities with elements of a social network. It is possible to synchronize data with Garmin Connect.
Endomondo- personal athletic trainer. Suitable for professional and experienced athletes, as well as those who are just getting up the path of a healthy lifestyle.
Golden cheetah- If suddenly someone lacks Garmin Connect to analyze their own activities. It works locally, provides many graphs for analysis, works great with the Harmin Fit file format. There is a Russian localization (source post).
Swimming Watch tools- the portal allows you to edit swimming lessons (source post).
SyncMyTracks- synchronization of your activities with various popular services.
Russia Running Challenge 2017- competition for runners. Slogan: In the new year there will be not 365 days, but 2017 kilometers!Registration fee! (source post)
_ _ _
Garmin Forum
_ _ _
Google Maps Find Altitude- site for checking the height above sea level anywhere in the world

Accessories
Strap Reviews -One | Two | Three | Four | Five (Comparison China vs Original) | Six |...
Film on screen- fits perfectly in size (review -one | two). This is exactly the film. Do not buy glass, it will not stick because of the curvature of the glass of the watch itself.Another post about the film.
Cradle for charging -One | Two
Quick release kit- quick release.Explanatory video.
Bicycle mount kit- mount on the bike.Explanatory video.
Photo complete adapter.
Cardiometer CooSpo H6- works with the clock (fast)
Cardiac TICKR- works with the clock (review)
Gemini200- cadence / speed sensor (fast)
Bezel protection.
_ _ _
Shop with zap. parts on garmin -One | Two | Three

... from the guys from the forum:

Purchase
www.slanecycles.com- on the forum "Irish". CouponSUBSCRIBE5- 5 pounds discount.
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/ - Now a little cheaper "Irish", but check before you buy.Couponrun5- 5% discount. CouponHR10- 10% discount. From the pros: PayPal payment is possible

Do not forget to choose the country of departure on European websites before you estimate the price!For non-European customers, prices are lower due to tax deduction (VAT).

* Groupsavagemessiahzine.comin Garmin Connect! If you wish, join the group for competitions on indicators with forum users.
* About the authenticity of watches

* Attention, scam on Avito!

• Questions and suggestions on filling the cap, please direct me toQMS- SandroID
  • Before asking a question, use search by topic. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Post has been editedKenny ™ - 28.03.19, 20:10
Reason for editing: Putting a clock on the list of trusted devices to automatically unlock the smartphone (Android)
3abotin
Message#2
01.11.15, 19:05
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 217
Check in: 19.10.13
Amazon Kindle

I found a data field in Connect IQ that counts the number of steps per workout.https: //apps.garmin.co...942-98a2-7b8a5ad92c51.
A1exK
Message#3
23.11.15, 15:04
Novice
[offline]

Messages 33
Check in: 25.07.12
Microsoft Surface Pro

thank you, yes, there are no paid cards in Eastern Europe in BaseCamp: - ((
polenok
Message#4
23.11.15, 19:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 250
Check in: 29.07.08
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/64

Right hereYou can take maps of Europe and insert them into BaseCamp
igas-27
Message#5
01.12.15, 13:30
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 02.02.10
LG Optimus G Pro

Greetings
Going to get a watch.
Happy owners, someone used to navigate the downloaded gpx track? How accurate is the clock on the route?

And I also plan to use it in sailing and running trainings, did someone use such a heart rate monitor?
https://www.bike24.de/...C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C
Is he suitable for taking testimony in all three disciplines? The question arose because there is such a monitor on sale, complete with a monitor for swimming, what's the point of such a kit, if it is universal?

Attached images
Attached ImageAttached Image

Post has been editedigas-27 - 01.12.15, 13:39
pegus1
Message#6
01.12.15, 20:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Check in: 02.01.11

I am told here that the phoenix has a depth gauge for diving lovers, like the suunto core is true, I did not find such a function in the description for the watch.

Post has been editedpegus1 - 01.12.15, 20:27
3abotin
Message#7
01.12.15, 21:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Amazon Kindle

* pegus1,there is a data field that the built-in barometer useshttps: //apps.garmin.co...b48-9341-97c3d76fae8f.

Post has been edited3abotin - 01.12.15, 21:44
pegus1
Message#8
01.12.15, 23:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Check in: 02.01.11

* 3abotin

Thanks for the information, as I understand it, there is a depth gauge, only it is installed separately and uses the same sensor as the barometer / altimeter. It is written that they begin to measure the depth after 10 seconds, while holding the breath is a long time for an untrained person. I hope to finish it later and will immediately show the depth.

Post has been editedpegus1 - 01.12.15, 23:14
3abotin
Message#9
02.12.15, 22:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Amazon Kindle

Especially for* igas-27checked the track record. True, not by the loaded GPX, but by its previous FIT. On the main navigation screen turns shows with a delay of several seconds. 2-3 meters for walking, with faster movement is already critical. The deviation from the route is considered somewhere from 10 meters - an indication appears. There are no alarms about leaving the route (I checked up to 50 meters), when returning, the alert is visual and vibro. You can use the track map navigation. The original track is displayed in green, flowing over black. The map scale is approximately 1: 40000 and does not change.
micrab
Message#10
12.12.15, 16:46
Local
[offline]

Messages 272
Check in: 15.10.08
Microsoft Lumia 640 DS LTE

igas-27 @ 01.12.2015, 13:30*
Is he suitable for taking testimony in all three disciplines? The question arose because there is such a monitor on sale, complete with a monitor for swimming, what's the point of such a kit, if it is universal?

The monitor for swimming (strap) is really harsh, as described above. But his belt is designed for use in water - the surface to the body is made non-slip. In the pool really does not slip at all. I tried to even put on not very tight, I would say weakened, still remains in place. The strap consists of a part of completely non-elastic where the sensor and the belt, which provides tensile movement of the chest. You can use this sensor in any training session, it transmits readings equally well in water and in air. The second feature of this sensor is that it accumulates testimony if the connection with the clock is interrupted in the water. At the end of the workout, “swimming” the clock either synchronizes the readings, or reads all readings from the sensor during the workout. An additional waiting window about reading the pulse rate appears. For normal workouts not in the water, I think it is better to take not this one but for running or standard, depending on the priorities of the trainings.
micrab
Message#11
14.12.15, 21:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

I have a battery consumption of 7-8% per day, up to 10% for sure. One charge is enough for more than a week with 4 workouts for an hour. All training without GPS but with a heart rate sensor. The phone is not connected, that is, the bluetooth is turned off. Graph energy consumption without special peaks in one direction or another to see the battery. The most expense is when I “play” a lot with the device, that is, setting up fields, workouts, widgets, etc. It seems to me that GPS itself does not turn on. Only manually or in training. Some widgets request GPS (include) once during installation to synchronize with the terrain (for example, data on sunrises and sunsets). Full battery charging takes about 2 hours, no matter from which device - the computer or any other charger, including the native one.
Trank
Message#12
15.12.15, 09:25
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 15
Check in: 09.06.08
Asus mypal a696

Help me to understand)
I could not find where in the "Health" widget to set the number of steps ... well, or could not find where these widgets are configured (only the display setting). Tell me where to press?

Post has been editedTrank - 15.12.15, 09:26
3abotin
Message#13
15.12.15, 11:00
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Amazon Kindle

In Garmin Connect here:
Attached Image

polenok
Message#14
21.12.15, 13:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 250
Check in: 29.07.08
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/64

Another appeared Stress Score application,here is a description
it’s just not quite clear what kind of data it provides and how to use it.
Eugene Suvorov
Message#15
22.12.15, 14:19
Local
[offline]

Messages 265
Check in: 12.10.05
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

Greetings to all owners, please, if possible, answer a few questions that may help me migrate smoothly to this device.
By activity: I run 2-3 times a week up to an hour, in summer + great, in winter + skis, i.e. Activity set does not apply to professional sport, triathlon or tracking, for which, according to the manufacturer, this watch is positioned. Now I use Sony Smartwatch 3, in terms of tracking, they arrange a transflective screen (it can be clearly seen on the street without backlight), relative accuracy (the GPS track on the map looks very similar to the truth, compared to a phone, where AGPS + GPS + Glonass is about 10%) that in my amateur case is quite acceptable) and versatility (music from hours on BT while running, navigation, including offline, well, as a monitor of notifications). Frustrating battery life (no more than 4 hours in GPS mode) and the lack of a physical button to start / stop training. The pulse meter uses the built-in headphones Jabra Pulse and Mio Link, which says that it is compatible with ANT +. After a long preface, in fact, questions:

1. How does the watch deal with autonomous operation in GPS mode? I ask because in the reviews opinions differ from the same 4 to 12 hours. Obviously, the measurements use a different frequency of updating the coordinates, and so I am interested in the threshold values ​​at extreme points, if someone has studied this question.
2. Are watches with third-party pulse meters like my Mio Link and any others with Ant +, or only with Harmin? For example, in the dcrainmaker review, it seems like it was written that only relatives are seen, but something may have changed over time.
3. I did not fully understand: in addition to the cost of hours, is it necessary to additionally purchase offline maps for different countries and what is the maximum cache size that can be simultaneously stored in hours considering their rather modest declared memory size? Is Russia included in the official kit sold in Russia or is there no point in overpaying, is it easier to order abroad?
4. I understand that the watch came out not so long ago, but still, has anyone encountered the problem of reducing battery life over time and how vividly is this expressed?
5. Are any straps of similar fit width suitable for the watch or is there a proprietary connector / additional sensors in the native strap?

And in general, in comparison with the younger models of Forerunner, are there any fundamental pieces from the point of view of amateur use, if it is not so important for me to look at my workout schedules on the clock and set various information widgets, and wearing the clock around the clock to track sleep I don't bother?
3abotin
Message#16
22.12.15, 14:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 217
Amazon Kindle

Eugene [email protected], 14:19*
2. Are watches with third-party pulse meters like my Mio Link and any others with Ant +, or only with Harmin? For example, in the dcrainmaker review, it seems like it was written that only relatives are seen, but something may have changed over time.

Yes, I'm friends with Mio Link. The only thing with myo is not to record the pulse in the pool, only displayed during exercise.

3. I did not fully understand: in addition to the cost of hours, is it necessary to additionally purchase offline maps for different countries and what is the maximum cache size that can be simultaneously stored in hours considering their rather modest declared memory size? Is Russia included in the official kit sold in Russia or is there no point in overpaying, is it easier to order abroad?

Maps are in Epix, in Fenix ​​3 navigation is only on the track and on the points.

5. Are any straps of similar fit width suitable for the watch or is there a proprietary connector / additional sensors in the native strap?

There are screw strips d ~ 2 mm, there are no sensors, so any will do. I even saw the option with a nylon strap threaded into the ears.
Attached Image

Post has been edited3abotin - 22.12.15, 14:51
micrab
Message#17
22.12.15, 16:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

And in general, in comparison with the younger models of Forerunner, are there any fundamental pieces from the point of view of amateur use, if it is not so important for me to look at my workout schedules on the clock and set various information widgets, and wearing the clock around the clock to track sleep I don't bother?

Also not a professional))) My choice was due to several components: 1. Water protection, 2. Ability to use in different sports 3. Opening hours, 4. design. In my opinion, there are not so many analogues of this combination of properties.
You can always find something like a replacement, or a little bit simpler. But if there is an opportunity, then why not? In terms of widgets, graphs, etc., again in my opinion, it is easier to analyze your data on a computer or tablet. The clock still does not show everything in such detail. During training, mostly not up to widgets. I myself sometimes either watch the time or the timer. But the workout screen can be customized to the required data in almost unlimited variety. Before that there were harmonium svim, but they are only for the pool. There are still smart watches from Sonya and Samsung. Again, in my opinion, smart watches are more like toys than sports. Although many sports functions they also know how to do, but not all. In terms of training for them in general, not so much that can be customized.
AlexPC4000
Message#18
22.12.15, 17:20
Local
[offline]

Messages 366
Check in: 16.05.08
Asus p535

Greetings to all owners, please, if possible, answer a few questions that may help me migrate smoothly to this device.

Then you understand what the nuances are ...
1. You do not just buy a watch, but also migrate to the Harmin "ecosystem". With its online services, etc. I used to use Endomondo, in the era of smart watches and bracelets, and now I'm breaking :)
2. Additional features of watches and services will sooner or later push you to a deeper analysis of sports activities. Like an extra motivator.

P.S. Myo Link and Myo Fuse are friends.
micrab
Message#19
22.12.15, 18:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

used endomondo and now torn

Started with Runtastic. The same part of the data is there, the part is now in Garmin'e ... I left a bit more data in Samsung before I played enough.
micrab
Message#20
23.12.15, 12:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 272

Eugene Suvorov @ 12/23/2015 11:14*
Can you please tell me another thing: is it possible to register and get into the personal section of the garmin just for Fenix3 to see the configuration possibilities of the training screens without buying a watch?

1. Some idea of ​​the device's capabilities can be found in the instruction manual. Including there is a list of fields that can be displayed on the screen.http: //support.garmin...language=ru&country=RU

2. The device itself allows you to display on one screen up to any 4 custom fields (well, it seems up to 7 screens). Moreover, you independently configure 1, 2, 3 or 4 fields to display on the screen and also a slightly different layout. But there are many “downloadable” field screens for different sports. There at a time much more information is displayed on the screen. They can be found on the IQ store website in the data fields section.https: //apps.garmin.co...RU/devices/fenix3/appsIn other sections you can see what else can be displayed on the clock. And in the examples there are often pictures, as it looks right on the clock (and even the video).

3. I myself love “minimal” and “strict” dial dials. Oddly enough, of these options, the native dial was the one I liked the most. By the way, he has a large selection of settings right on the clock itself. I used it a couple of times when the clocks were put on various "events". In general, I usually (every day) use one digital dial from an IQ store. The day before yesterday I put another one to try. Although I still have several options for wristwatches, including for "events", Garmin somehow got acclimatized on his arm, for a month I don’t take it off. )))

4. Go to any Garmin store (addresses are on the site) and turn this watch in your hands before you decide to make a decision. All the same, really expensive toy. And so that later it would not be possible to blame others when you buy and compare them with “awl” with “soap”)))

Post has been editedmicrab - 23.12.15, 12:13
BananoZombi
Message#21
10.01.16, 15:01
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Check in: 10.01.16
Huawei P20 Emily-L29

Hello everyone and happy holidays! I am the owner of Epicxos, I haven’t found any topics for them, I don’t see any sense so far. Has anyone had experience replacing battery? I was told that they have the same batteries. Just with the current course and prospects I see no reason to change gadgets for 50yr. Once a year or two, the clock is solid, should take a long time, but it will ask for any battery.

362 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/19/19 10:18