Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 - Android 5.1 | 11.6 "| Intel Z8500 2.24GHz | 4GB

Rep: (206)
Teclast X16 ProD6F8/ PowerD6F7 пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ Discussion пїЅ
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

general information
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
CPU: X16 Pro: Intel Atom x5-Z8500 (Cherry Trail, 4 cores, x64, up to 2.24 GHz in turbo mode) / X16 Power: Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (Cherry Trail, 4 cores, x64, up to 2.4 GHz in turbo mode)
Video: Intel HD Graphics
OS: Windows 10 x64 (Home Edition, licensed) + Android (5.1)
RAM: X16 Pro: 4GB / X16 Power: 8GB In both cases, LPDDR3-1600 MHz memory (dual channel mode)
Built-in memory: 64 GB eMMC (Samsung CGND3R)
Display: 11.6 ', IPS, 1920x1080 (190 ppi), Multi-touch 10 touches
Wi-Fi: 802.11b / g / n (RTL8723BS module, no 5 GHz support!)
Bluetooth: 4.0
3G: not
GPS: not
Camera: front 5 Mpx (2560x1920), rear 2 Mpx
Ports:
1x USB 3.0
1x Micro-USB 2.0 (OTG, charging through it is NOT SUPPORTED)
1x micro HDMI
3.5mm mini-jack (supports headset)
Battery: 8000 mA / h 3.8 V = 30400 mW / h
Charging: separate DC connector (5 V), plug dimensions 2.5x1.0 mm
WiDi support
Keyboard Dock Support
Active stylus support
Dimensions: 303 x 185 x 10.5 mm (XDA Pro X16 Pro information)
Weight: 877 g (info from TechTablets about the X16 Pro)
AIDA64 Reports
Included
The tablet
Charging 5V 3.5A + adapter
MicroUSB 2.0 ->USB (OTG)
MicroUSB 2.0 ->USB (regular cable)
All kinds of pieces of paper

Noticed disadvantages
  1. Low brightness of the display (190 cm / m ^ 2), hardly you will see in the sun
  2. Quiet speakers
  3. The stylus does not always respond
  4. Phantom clicks when charging
  5. USB 3.0 port power is not enough for an external HDD (additional verification is required)

Reviews
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
  1. What is the difference between the X16 Pro and the X16 Power?
    • The Pro has an Intel Atom Cherry Trail x5-Z8500 processor, Power has a slightly more powerful x7-Z8700.
    • The Pro has 4 GB of RAM, the Power has 8 GB.
  2. Does X16 Pro / Power have built-in 3G / 4G or GPS?
    No, only if connected via USB
  3. Can I charge the tablet via the MicroUSB port?
    No, for some reason we decided to charge only through the DC connector. Therefore, if you think to use PowerBank, you will have to buy / solder the adapter.
  4. How much space is available on Windows and Android?
    On Windows, 33.3 GB is allocated, 21.1 GB is free. 20 GB allocated on Android (17.49 GB available)
  5. When choosing the OS, I accidentally unchecked it and now there is no choice, how to return the choice?
    Turn on the tablet with the Volume + button held down and check the box again
  6. Metal or plastic back cover?
    The back cover is metal, but with some kind of rough spraying. It looks like plastic (Robert.V)

Section will be updated. Any suggestions what to add?Email me at QMS.
Performance, heat, autonomy
X16 Pro
Benchmarks
EMMC speed: 138 MB read / s, 96 MB / s write
MicroSD Speed: ~ 32 Mb / s
Speed ​​via USB 3.0: 225 MB / s read, 176 MB / s write

In Android:
AnTuTu: 52043 (v.5.7), 82376 (v.6.0 beta 5)
Ice Storm Unlimited: 24450
Epic Citadel: 57.5 FPS (1920x1000, Ultra High)

In Windows:
Geekbench 3: 851/2472
Ice Storm 1.2: 14431
Cloud Gate 1.1: 2033
Sky Diver 1.0: 1055
PCMark 7: 2905
Windows 10 Performance Index:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post vinick # 47740875)

In games
Games (Windows):
WOT: ~ 30 FPS at low settings, 1366x768.Video
WarThunder: ~ 13-17 FPS.Video
Asphalt Airborne ~ 30 FPS. Average settings.Video
CS: GO ~ 25 FPS (MIN: 16, MAX: 30). Low settings at 1024x768.Video
NFS MOST WANTED (2005), THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION (2006), METRO 2033: REDUX (2014), Crysis 2 (2011).

Heat
Teclast did not make any improvements in cooling. X16 Pro heats up to 85 В° C under maximum load on Windows, throttling is present.
In Android, there are no problems with heating. According to TechTablets, then no more than 45 'C

Autonomous work
On Windows, you can expect 5.5-6 hours with an average load (web surfing, video). In games, hours 3.

Information from TechTablets.com
X16 Power
Benchmarks
Windows 10 Performance Index:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post RylovS # 47742345)
Tests in Android:here.

Firmware
Android firmware
Official firmware
Custom firmware
X16 Pro
Firmware from Pedro with TechTablets
Changes:
  • Made by Root
  • Left Chinese applications removed except reboot in Windows and TeclastBootManager
  • Increased responsiveness of the wheelbarrow
  • Holds battery power better
  • Faster loading
Original theme in English:http: //techtablets.com...00_20160228_es-pesoga/
Installation instructions there. If someone will try - unsubscribe in the topic as firmware, is it worth it to install.
Instructions on firmware

Attention! Android firmware leads to the loss of Windows, all data on the C drive and the dualboot itself. If you need Windows, then after the Android firmware you have to install Windows from scratch, at the same time dualboot will appear.

Training:
  1. If you have important data on Android or Windows - save in advance, otherwise you will lose!
  2. Download two archives:software for firmwareand the Android firmware itself for your model (Pro or Power)!
  3. Unpack archives into separate folders
  4. Install the firmware for the firmware: first, iSocUSB-Driver, then IntelAndroidDrv, and finally the PhoneFlashTool program itself.
  5. It is advisable to charge the tablet at least up to 50%
The firmware process:
  1. We ship the tablet in fastboot mode. Hold and hold for 5 seconds three buttons: volume +, volume- and power on. “DNX FASTBOOT” should appear on the screen.
  2. We connect the tablet to the PC via a USB cable.
  3. Open the PhoneFlashTool program, the tablet should be determined. Click Browse and select flash.json from the folder where Android was unpacked.
  4. In the program, select Configuration blank and click Start to flash.
  5. We are waiting for the firmware to be downloaded and the tablet will load Android (the first download may take a long time)

If you now need Windows and dualboot mode, see the "Windows Image" spoiler.

Windows image
Teclast Windows 10 Image (Build 10240):
Download from Mega (7.28 GB)
Download from Cloud Mail.ru (4 parts of ~ 2 GB)
The image is the same for the X16 Pro / Power.

Training:
  1. We save all the important data from drive C, otherwise you will lose!
  2. It is advisable to charge the tablet at least up to 50%
  3. Download the Windows image:Mail.ru cloud (4 parts ~ 2 GB each)and unpack through WinRar (start unpacking the first archive, all four will be automatically unpacked
  4. We find a flash drive of at least 8 GB, format it in FAT32 and rename it to WINPE
  5. Copy all the contents from the unpacked Windows image to the root of the flash drive. When opening a flash drive, there should immediately be SwitchOS (WTA) .exe files and a bunch of folders.

Installation process:
  1. We connect the flash drive to the tablet (no keyboard needed)
  2. We reboot the tablet, the choice of Android or Windows should appear. Click Windows
  3. Now, as usual, install Windows. At the end should be dualboot

Windows installation experience:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post RylovS # 53146739)

Linux installation

Full backup Android + Windows

Problem solving (fixes, patches)
If the tablet stops turning on
1) Try to hold both volume buttons, and then the power button and hold all 3 buttons for more than 5 seconds.
2) Try to press the power button many times
3) Try to connect the power supply and try to turn it on.
Fixing the operation of the wheelbarrow in Windows
Download:Attached fileTouchSetting.zip(1 KB)
(throw in C: \ WINDOWS \ INF \ and restart the tablet. Reviews:time, two)
Another fix for the XDA, but how much better / worse than the first is unknown who will try to unsubscribe:Attached fileX16_TouchscreenLag_Fix_rev-2.zip(4.03 KB)
If on Windows problems with Wi-Fi (low speed, disconnects)
In the registry editor, change the key value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Contro l \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} \ 0001 \ bLeisurePs from 2 to 0, then reboot. Instead of branch 0001, there may be 0000. We noted that if you reinstall Windows 10 to the original, then there are no such problems.
A source:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post lemon_one # 47664805)
If there is not enough USB power for an external HDD
If hibernation is gone
Perhaps some update is to blame (Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post S.Makarov # 56764450).
Or try disabling (powercfg.exe / hibernate on), restarting the tablet and re-enabling (powercfg.exe / hibernate on). You can also try Control Panel \ Troubleshooting \ All Categories \ Power. Maybe it will show the reason. Didn’t they change anything in the BIOS? Does the command powercfg / a show that hibernation is supported by the system?

Useful programs
Program for reboot in Android from Windows (for those who reinstalled Win and lost):Attached fileSwitchOS (WTA) .exe(1.77 MB)
Photos of the entrails
The tablet
Taken from X16 Power, but apart from the processor and RAM, there will most likely be no differences.
Teclast X16 Power (Post Float09 # 46685913)
Stylus

Purchase and accessories
Verified Stores
X16 Pro: Official Teclast Reseller: Aliexpress (Shenzhen OKQI Electronics Mall) and on banggood.com (From here, the tablet was received by the author of TechTablets.com)
X16 Power: Aliexpress , GearBest
Verified memory cards
64 GB TransFlash MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 85 MB / s STRONTIUM Nitro ( time , two )
Bags, Cases
Charging device
To charge the tablet through the regular DC connector, you need a fairly powerful PSU (for exampleBlitzWolf BW-S5(with QC 3 support) +quality cable(USB to DC).

If your question is related to firmware or performance
please indicate the tablet model (Pro or Power), or update the signature in the profile

History of changes caps
08/30/16 - added links to 2 covers, which were written about in the topic
07/14/16 - added information about solving the problem of lack of power via USB
03/04/16 - added information about solving problems with Wi-Fi (a rare problem)
03/02/16 - photo of the insides of the stylus from RylovS
03/02/16 - added a new fix to the section "Patches and programs"
03/01/16 - the union of the caps of the themes Pro / Power

Post has been editeddim565 - 22.03.17, 08:58
Reason for editing: Link to Linux installation instructions

* ElizarovDmitry,
By analogy with another tablet, where the seller also installed pirated Windows - if the seller promised Russian Windows, then usually you get compensation from $ 40 to $ 100 for a pirate, you need to properly file a claim (seereview).

Rep: (23)
* dim565
Be sure to try to return the money for Windows. But only I do not speak English. Will google translator work?

* ElizarovDmitry,
The translator can translate too confusing, better then ask someone to check the text (you can write to me in QMS).

Hello! Please help me understand the situation. I bought this tablet at a discount. I was lucky to grab the $ 120 coupon, but now the coupe is holding me now. In general, the seller does not send the tablet when the others have it, corresponded with the sellers. Maybe they just stimulate in this way to buy, but who knows .. Now I'm afraid to cancel the order, afraid to lose $ 120. The situation with a refund is incomprehensible to me when part of the purchase is paid with a coupon. The seller does not answer my questions about availability and shipping.

Rep: (17)
Sending will be only after December 4, no one is in stock.

* jsErgan
That's what the seller just answered.
Hello my friend, in fact the tablet in stock, due to this tablet is new product, the Teclast factory only supply the tablet, the other accessories will supply later a few days. So we can send you the tablet first, then when the Teclast factory start supply the accessories, we will send you the keyboard and stylus, OK?

Rep: (13)
By analogy with another tablet, where the seller also installed pirated Windows - if the seller promised Russian Windows, then usually you get compensation from $ 40 to $ 100 for a pirate, you need to properly file a claim

I specifically wrote in Ali in two stores, because I also think of buying this tablet, one of them is Shenzhen OKQI Electronics Mall, where the seller is Anna Fang, the second is MC Computer accessories Technology Co., Ltd, too, with a good rating and reputation. He asked such questions in both letters: 1. Am I an original tablet, and what OS are on the device? 2. And since the device is imprisoned for China in it, Windows 10 is initially in Chinese plus software, then what about the Russian language, and if you install Windows 10 in Russian, does it have an office? Microsoft license? 3. Is there a Russian layout on the keyboard?
Both stores did not send answers immediately. But the meaning, the correspondence in English, was as follows: 1. The tablet is original from the manufacturer, and the first store cooperates with Teclast, and they consider them the largest partner in foreign markets, this can be checked, they write, on the Teclast website, where they are leaders and are an authorized reseller. Further. On the tablet are Windows 10 and Android 5.0 2. The OS is from the manufacturer and has an international version, Windows 10 has the ability to select the Russian language, licensed, the key is sewn into the BIOS. Teclast of their type strictly controls, and they are in front of it in the report, including the price set by Teclast. 3. There are no layouts in Russian, but as a way out, they will send applicative stickers on the keys with the Russian language, they even sent a photo of what it looks like.
And as an addition, he also asked the question how long the goods will go, wrote that due to overloads caused by black 11.11, everything is overloaded and timely dispatch is difficult. Yesterday they wrote.

Rep: (35)
I have a choice. Pro or Power. From December retirement I want to take any of these tablets. In Power, I don’t like 720 gr. (against 612 gr. at Pro) and 5000 tr. overpayment, but Power RAM / ROM has 8/64 (versus 4/64 for Pro) and a Z8700 processor (versus Z8500 for Pro). It seems that with grams it’s not entirely accurate, some sellers have it, others have it differently. I don’t play games, for films there is a large panel. I need mainly the Internet and read books. I want to take an advanced tablet (for today), because I give the stationary computer to my grandchildren and the tablet will be left to me until the very end ...

Rep: (0)
It seems like it’s already sold in China, there are even reviews with photoshttp://item.m.jd.com/product/2087967.html
Not very similar to the image on the manufacturer's website - visually, the frame is more than twice. But judging by the reviews, most Chinese are satisfied.
http: //img30.360buyimg.../564d6fd6N4e7683d3.jpg

Rep: (7)
I looked at real pictures of the Chinese, he is just terrible with soooo big frames.
Apparently such a Chinese marketing move is to give a super picture, to sell gavno.

* vetal50,
I agree, the difference is too big with what is in the photo and what is in reality.

Rep: (13)
Here is another “information for consideration”, but already from the Moscow site representing Teclast in Russia, I also asked three questions there:
1. Sales will begin on November 30, as I understand it, then how long does it take to wait for the device to order?
2. Does the keyboard have a Russian layout, or is it an option with an applique sticker on keys that have only Latin?
3. You install the OS here in Russia, or in China, and this begs the question - what about the license?
Answer from the Administration:
1. Within 2 weeks.
2. The keyboard does not have Russian engraving. (need to stick stickers if desired)
3. OS pre-installed at the time of manufacture, necessaryto license.
Here is the link:http://teclast.com.ru/...x16-pro-planshet-kupit
It is worth noting that the answer of our representatives to the question about the OS license clearly differs from the answer of the Chinese to AliExpress. We will wait for the first reviews from those who buy it.

Rep: (8)
this seller says that it’s in stock and shipping within 3 days will behttp: //ru.aliexpress.c...011&shopNumber=1803238

Rep: (1)
After my X98 Pro, ordered from Anna Fang, disappeared in the dungeons of Malaysia's post office and the money was returned to me, I also look after this model. Asked about Vinda, the seller (Anna) claimed that the license is an international version and gave a link to change the language.

Post has been editedAleksey_nk - 24.11.15, 21:24

Check out that Naryl
http: //ru.aliexpress.c.... 4.031020208.3.1.HAXAHb
I wonder what's the catch?

Rep: (8)
I can not find Old how many cm in width and height. where does such information exist?

* REIZZOR,
Accurate information will not be available until someone in your arms.
Geekbuying and gearbest write 303 x 185.3 x 10.5 mm

REIZZOR @ 11.25.2015, 12:08*
I can not find how old it is cm in width and height

I was sent Natalie from OKQI today - 30x19, weight 612 gr. And the package is 2.500kg, 30cm x 25cm x 15cm. Something is incomprehensible with 2.5 kg - what they crammed into or about the net weight. Weight at Power - 720 gr. Is it that the Z8700 processor is so heavier? But it is exactly the same, circling the processor.

Post has been editedviselga - 25.11.15, 15:59

A question. Active stylus - they can poke and select letters, so as not to poke a clumsy and hard-nosed finger on the screen or it is exclusively designed for daubing on the screen.

Post has been editedviselga - 25.11.15, 16:19

It looks like the seller’s real tablet photos, the frame is really thicker, but not critical.http: //ru.aliexpress.c...44_5,searchweb201560_9, but then the question arises about the real screen size, a registry of 7.9 is alarming.

Post has been editedAleksey_nk - 26.11.15, 11:49

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/09/19, 21:45