Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 - Android 5.1 | 11.6 "| Intel Z8500 2.24GHz | 4GB

Rep: (206)
Teclast X16 ProD6F8/ PowerD6F7 пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ Discussion пїЅ
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

general information
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
CPU: X16 Pro: Intel Atom x5-Z8500 (Cherry Trail, 4 cores, x64, up to 2.24 GHz in turbo mode) / X16 Power: Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (Cherry Trail, 4 cores, x64, up to 2.4 GHz in turbo mode)
Video: Intel HD Graphics
OS: Windows 10 x64 (Home Edition, licensed) + Android (5.1)
RAM: X16 Pro: 4GB / X16 Power: 8GB In both cases, LPDDR3-1600 MHz memory (dual channel mode)
Built-in memory: 64 GB eMMC (Samsung CGND3R)
Display: 11.6 ', IPS, 1920x1080 (190 ppi), Multi-touch 10 touches
Wi-Fi: 802.11b / g / n (RTL8723BS module, no 5 GHz support!)
Bluetooth: 4.0
3G: not
GPS: not
Camera: front 5 Mpx (2560x1920), rear 2 Mpx
Ports:
1x USB 3.0
1x Micro-USB 2.0 (OTG, charging through it is NOT SUPPORTED)
1x micro HDMI
3.5mm mini-jack (supports headset)
Battery: 8000 mA / h 3.8 V = 30400 mW / h
Charging: separate DC connector (5 V), plug dimensions 2.5x1.0 mm
WiDi support
Keyboard Dock Support
Active stylus support
Dimensions: 303 x 185 x 10.5 mm (XDA Pro X16 Pro information)
Weight: 877 g (info from TechTablets about the X16 Pro)
AIDA64 Reports
Included
The tablet
Charging 5V 3.5A + adapter
MicroUSB 2.0 ->USB (OTG)
MicroUSB 2.0 ->USB (regular cable)
All kinds of pieces of paper

Noticed disadvantages
  1. Low brightness of the display (190 cm / m ^ 2), hardly you will see in the sun
  2. Quiet speakers
  3. The stylus does not always respond
  4. Phantom clicks when charging
  5. USB 3.0 port power is not enough for an external HDD (additional verification is required)

Reviews
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
  1. What is the difference between the X16 Pro and the X16 Power?
    • The Pro has an Intel Atom Cherry Trail x5-Z8500 processor, Power has a slightly more powerful x7-Z8700.
    • The Pro has 4 GB of RAM, the Power has 8 GB.
  2. Does X16 Pro / Power have built-in 3G / 4G or GPS?
    No, only if connected via USB
  3. Can I charge the tablet via the MicroUSB port?
    No, for some reason we decided to charge only through the DC connector. Therefore, if you think to use PowerBank, you will have to buy / solder the adapter.
  4. How much space is available on Windows and Android?
    On Windows, 33.3 GB is allocated, 21.1 GB is free. 20 GB allocated on Android (17.49 GB available)
  5. When choosing the OS, I accidentally unchecked it and now there is no choice, how to return the choice?
    Turn on the tablet with the Volume + button held down and check the box again
  6. Metal or plastic back cover?
    The back cover is metal, but with some kind of rough spraying. It looks like plastic (Robert.V)

Section will be updated. Any suggestions what to add?Email me at QMS.
Performance, heat, autonomy
X16 Pro
Benchmarks
EMMC speed: 138 MB read / s, 96 MB / s write
MicroSD Speed: ~ 32 Mb / s
Speed ​​via USB 3.0: 225 MB / s read, 176 MB / s write

In Android:
AnTuTu: 52043 (v.5.7), 82376 (v.6.0 beta 5)
Ice Storm Unlimited: 24450
Epic Citadel: 57.5 FPS (1920x1000, Ultra High)

In Windows:
Geekbench 3: 851/2472
Ice Storm 1.2: 14431
Cloud Gate 1.1: 2033
Sky Diver 1.0: 1055
PCMark 7: 2905
Windows 10 Performance Index:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post vinick # 47740875)

In games
Games (Windows):
WOT: ~ 30 FPS at low settings, 1366x768.Video
WarThunder: ~ 13-17 FPS.Video
Asphalt Airborne ~ 30 FPS. Average settings.Video
CS: GO ~ 25 FPS (MIN: 16, MAX: 30). Low settings at 1024x768.Video
NFS MOST WANTED (2005), THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION (2006), METRO 2033: REDUX (2014), Crysis 2 (2011).

Heat
Teclast did not make any improvements in cooling. X16 Pro heats up to 85 В° C under maximum load on Windows, throttling is present.
In Android, there are no problems with heating. According to TechTablets, then no more than 45 'C

Autonomous work
On Windows, you can expect 5.5-6 hours with an average load (web surfing, video). In games, hours 3.

Information from TechTablets.com
X16 Power
Benchmarks
Windows 10 Performance Index:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post RylovS # 47742345)
Tests in Android:here.

Firmware
Android firmware
Official firmware
Custom firmware
X16 Pro
Firmware from Pedro with TechTablets
Changes:
  • Made by Root
  • Left Chinese applications removed except reboot in Windows and TeclastBootManager
  • Increased responsiveness of the wheelbarrow
  • Holds battery power better
  • Faster loading
Original theme in English:http: //techtablets.com...00_20160228_es-pesoga/
Installation instructions there. If someone will try - unsubscribe in the topic as firmware, is it worth it to install.
Instructions on firmware

Attention! Android firmware leads to the loss of Windows, all data on the C drive and the dualboot itself. If you need Windows, then after the Android firmware you have to install Windows from scratch, at the same time dualboot will appear.

Training:
  1. If you have important data on Android or Windows - save in advance, otherwise you will lose!
  2. Download two archives:software for firmwareand the Android firmware itself for your model (Pro or Power)!
  3. Unpack archives into separate folders
  4. Install the firmware for the firmware: first, iSocUSB-Driver, then IntelAndroidDrv, and finally the PhoneFlashTool program itself.
  5. It is advisable to charge the tablet at least up to 50%
The firmware process:
  1. We ship the tablet in fastboot mode. Hold and hold for 5 seconds three buttons: volume +, volume- and power on. “DNX FASTBOOT” should appear on the screen.
  2. We connect the tablet to the PC via a USB cable.
  3. Open the PhoneFlashTool program, the tablet should be determined. Click Browse and select flash.json from the folder where Android was unpacked.
  4. In the program, select Configuration blank and click Start to flash.
  5. We are waiting for the firmware to be downloaded and the tablet will load Android (the first download may take a long time)

If you now need Windows and dualboot mode, see the "Windows Image" spoiler.

Windows image
Teclast Windows 10 Image (Build 10240):
Download from Mega (7.28 GB)
Download from Cloud Mail.ru (4 parts of ~ 2 GB)
The image is the same for the X16 Pro / Power.

Training:
  1. We save all the important data from drive C, otherwise you will lose!
  2. It is advisable to charge the tablet at least up to 50%
  3. Download the Windows image:Mail.ru cloud (4 parts ~ 2 GB each)and unpack through WinRar (start unpacking the first archive, all four will be automatically unpacked
  4. We find a flash drive of at least 8 GB, format it in FAT32 and rename it to WINPE
  5. Copy all the contents from the unpacked Windows image to the root of the flash drive. When opening a flash drive, there should immediately be SwitchOS (WTA) .exe files and a bunch of folders.

Installation process:
  1. We connect the flash drive to the tablet (no keyboard needed)
  2. We reboot the tablet, the choice of Android or Windows should appear. Click Windows
  3. Now, as usual, install Windows. At the end should be dualboot

Windows installation experience:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post RylovS # 53146739)

Linux installation

Full backup Android + Windows

Problem solving (fixes, patches)
If the tablet stops turning on
1) Try to hold both volume buttons, and then the power button and hold all 3 buttons for more than 5 seconds.
2) Try to press the power button many times
3) Try to connect the power supply and try to turn it on.
Fixing the operation of the wheelbarrow in Windows
Download:Attached fileTouchSetting.zip(1 KB)
(throw in C: \ WINDOWS \ INF \ and restart the tablet. Reviews:time, two)
Another fix for the XDA, but how much better / worse than the first is unknown who will try to unsubscribe:Attached fileX16_TouchscreenLag_Fix_rev-2.zip(4.03 KB)
If on Windows problems with Wi-Fi (low speed, disconnects)
In the registry editor, change the key value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Contro l \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} \ 0001 \ bLeisurePs from 2 to 0, then reboot. Instead of branch 0001, there may be 0000. We noted that if you reinstall Windows 10 to the original, then there are no such problems.
A source:Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post lemon_one # 47664805)
If there is not enough USB power for an external HDD
If hibernation is gone
Perhaps some update is to blame (Teclast X16 Pro \ POWER (Post S.Makarov # 56764450).
Or try disabling (powercfg.exe / hibernate on), restarting the tablet and re-enabling (powercfg.exe / hibernate on). You can also try Control Panel \ Troubleshooting \ All Categories \ Power. Maybe it will show the reason. Didn’t they change anything in the BIOS? Does the command powercfg / a show that hibernation is supported by the system?

Useful programs
Program for reboot in Android from Windows (for those who reinstalled Win and lost):Attached fileSwitchOS (WTA) .exe(1.77 MB)
Photos of the entrails
The tablet
Taken from X16 Power, but apart from the processor and RAM, there will most likely be no differences.
Teclast X16 Power (Post Float09 # 46685913)
Stylus

Purchase and accessories
Verified Stores
X16 Pro: Official Teclast Reseller: Aliexpress (Shenzhen OKQI Electronics Mall) and on banggood.com (From here, the tablet was received by the author of TechTablets.com)
X16 Power: Aliexpress , GearBest
Verified memory cards
64 GB TransFlash MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 85 MB / s STRONTIUM Nitro ( time , two )
Bags, Cases
Charging device
To charge the tablet through the regular DC connector, you need a fairly powerful PSU (for exampleBlitzWolf BW-S5(with QC 3 support) +quality cable(USB to DC).

If your question is related to firmware or performance
please indicate the tablet model (Pro or Power), or update the signature in the profile

History of changes caps
08/30/16 - added links to 2 covers, which were written about in the topic
07/14/16 - added information about solving the problem of lack of power via USB
03/04/16 - added information about solving problems with Wi-Fi (a rare problem)
03/02/16 - photo of the insides of the stylus from RylovS
03/02/16 - added a new fix to the section "Patches and programs"
03/01/16 - the union of the caps of the themes Pro / Power

Post has been editeddim565 - 22.03.17, 08:58
Reason for editing: Link to Linux installation instructions

Rep: (25)
The most important feature of the new processor is 64-bit ufi and, as a consequence, the possibility of a 64-bit system.
The manufacturer’s website says that windows 64bit. On the flash sale 11.11 on the Chinese version of the jd store, the price is 1499 yuan (about $ 240), but the equipment is incomprehensible (there is a keyboard dock and a stylus in the kit or not).

* temp_for_savagemessiahzine.com, So a 64-bit processor and OSes have not been new for a long time :) Teclast X98 Pro has a 64-bit Atom x5-Z8500, 4 GB of RAM (Windows Home x64 license) and has been on sale for a couple of months now.
temp_for_savagemessiahzine.com @ 31.10.2015, 09:22 *
on the Chinese version of the jd store, the price is 1499 yuan
I could not find the Teclast X16 Pro there, you definitely saw this particular model?

Rep: (20)
And what is the weight?

* kecalkoatl There is no official information, 600 grams are indicated on geekbuying, but this is most likely their assumption.

Rep: (6)
It's not him???aliexpress.com

Post has been editedIgorekyou - 31.10.15, 18:46

* IgorekYou, so sure he is. Just do not write from what date delivery is expected.

Rep: (25)
* dim565

I didn’t mean specifically this model of the text, when I talked about 64-bit ufi, I mean, as it were, the main difference between the new generation platform, and yes there is already a tablet from the text on sale. And most importantly, it is not a 64bit processor (the buy trail also has 64 bits), and most importantly, a 64-bit UEFI loader. Because of this, there was a shutdown on the buy trail using a 64-bit OS and more than 2 GB of memory, for example, I had a9 howl with 4 GB, but because of the bootloader, the system was 32 bits and this 4th gig of memory was not my lot (I gave it completely under the video).

here is the link to the product pageThe price is only for the tablet. The keyboard is separate 199 and pen 199, it turns out 2000 yuan, i.e. approximately 20 tr official sales price.

but the feather, It's just not clear what kind of battery there is.

and now a joke, I did not have time to go on sale x16pro as the site announced x16power)))) with a faster processor and 8 GB of RAM

Post has been editedtemp_for_savagemessiahzine.com - 01.11.15, 11:43

Rep: (35)
It looks like all Intel cherry track T4 Z8500 do not support 3G, 4G and GPS. Then he is not needed. On the Z8700, too, did not find this ...

Post has been editedviselga - 01.11.15, 18:37

* viselga By the way, yes, it’s strange that no one offers a tablet with built-in 3G on Cherry Trail. Not everyone, but very many need it.

Rep: (35)
Teclast X16 Power intel X7-Z8700 appeared in pre-sale on Ali.
Here

Post has been editedviselga - 02.11.15, 17:54

* viselga Power version here Teclast X16 Power

Rep: (5)
* Viselga, By the way, yes, it is strange that no one offers a tablet with built-in 3G on Cherry Trail. Not everyone, but very many need it.

Viselga @ 11/01/2015, 17:33*
It looks like all Intel cherry track T4 Z8500 do not support 3G, 4G and GPS. Then he is not needed. On the Z8700, too, did not find this ...

everyone needs tyrnet without exception. this is a failure in such cases that would not have any communications in a modern tablet computer.

And further,
tell me, based on the information available on the hardware, is it possible to install and normally use one of the Linux distributions on this tablet instead of the Bucket / Windows?

M99 @ 11/04/2015, 20:22*
everyone needs tyrnet without exception
it goes without saying, just many have the Internet via Wi-Fi. You can give out from any modern smartphone :)

M99 @ 11/04/2015, 20:22*
Is it possible to install and normally use one of the Linux distributions on this tablet instead of the Bucket / Windows?
Of course, but be prepared to face a lack of drivers for anything.

Rep: (-7)
Guys, how much + 1 inch is the difference in the screen significant?

Just by the action, they are pushing now i7 cube stylus for 17500r .... but there the screen is 10.6 ...

* gjkmp 2.2 cm wider and 1.25 higher. You can draw frames in Word, print and figure out how significant the difference is for you.

Rep: (-7)
* dim565
Yes, what will these frames give if you cut a screen from an A4 sheet ...

I just never tried Windows through a finger.

I don’t know if it’s convenient to operate it with a finger at 10 inches.
and 1 inch doesn’t seem like great weather.

Rep: (11)
Gjkmp @ 11/06/2015, 15:11*
Just by the action, they are pushing now i7 cube stylus for 17500r .... but there the screen is 10.6 ...

on a GB presale on the Chuwi Hi10, it costs 12,500. If I don’t confuse anything, the characteristics are the same as on the stylus.
I apologize for the offtopic.

* ls600 characteristics are not the same. The cube i7 stylus has a Core M processor, which is faster than the Z8700, Z8500 and even more so the Z8300 (this is exactly what Chuwi Hi1 has) + SSD memory. But Chuwi has a full-sized port (or 2 ports) USB 3.0.

Rep: (43)
It seems to have already aimed at this tablet. So the lack of gps confuses. Anything else advise? Or Hybrid Vin10 + androyd, then I would like with GPS, or pure win10.
hdmi (any), more than 2GB of RAM so that it flies without problems in office tasks. Minimum troubles with permutations of any software part, good autonomy is very important. A memory of at least 64 with the extension, normal for flash drives would be good. The keyboard is thin type like a cover on a surface of high quality

What is the best?

Posted on 11/09/2015, 02:31:

I do not understand at. Mah how much battery? Or in hours

Advise something else
I am not an expert on all Chinese tablets (I mainly follow Teclast, Cube, Chuwi), I have not seen in their new tablets (on Cherry Trail) that GPS or 3G / 4G is indicated. It’s strange. Old processors will have 2 GB of RAM, which is not enough for you.
I do not understand at. Mah how much battery? Or in hours
There is no information about mAh. Most likely 8000-10000. How many in hours will find out how someone will appear (maybe in December). But if Teclast did not fix it, then again there will be 4-5 hours of web surfing like the X98 Pro.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 09:41