> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

138 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Google Nexus 5X - Official firmware
Alexand®
Message#1
19.10.15, 22:55
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 8952
Check in: 12.06.12
Pocophone F1 6/128

Google Nexus 5X - Official firmware
PictureModels: LG H790 / H791 / H798 | Codename: Bullhead
Description | Discussion | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage and Repair | Modification and decorations | Power consumption (autonomy) Nexus 5X | Google Nexus 5X Owners Club | Camera talk | Unofficial firmware | LineageOS | Official firmware

Important information!
  • Android Pon our device officiallywill not be issued. Onlysecurity patchesaboutuntil November 2018Questions and discussions on this topic will be deleted without warning.
  • Smartphonestopped loading, loaded only to the Google logo, and so on a circle, or disconnected altogether?- Perhaps this is a marriage! Click here!
  • January patchmay causedegradation of performancesmartphone (brakes, interface lags, etc. etc.).Solutions:1) wipe cache through stock, custom recovery, or programs, for example, Clean Master; 2) full reset; 3) rollback to the December version of the firmware with / without clearing all data
  • Recommendedin the developer settings, include the ability to unlock the bootloader, in order to be able to continue to use fastboot, but without additional gesturesAndroid Pay will not work, and there may be problems with banking applications.
  • Recommendedupdate using fastboot, when switching between versions of android, it is recommended that the user partition be completely cleared
  • UpdatesOn the smartphone come within 2 weeks in a random order. If you’ve got tired of waiting, check the updates in the settings menu and you will get a fresh OTA, or update via PC. If you havebeta 8.1 is installedthen necessarysew smartphone from PCusing fastboot, or ADB sideload, although there was information that this problem was fixed.

Instructions
  • Attention! Any change to system files and componentsdeprives the smartphone of the possibility of updating "by air". The update will be possible only through fastboot, or recovery.
  • When locking and unlocking the bootloaderAll user information is deleted.
  • Bootloader lockafter changing the system files can lead to the failure of the smartphone.
  • Before flashingIt is recommended to disable any lock passwords (graphic, text, digital), as well as delete a google account through the settings menu

Root with working contactless payment (Android pay and so on)
Firmware upgrade options
Basic instructions
Known solutions to some problems
Troubleshooting bootlops
Drivers and Utilities
  • Necessary software for firmware: Platform tools - rev. 28.0.1 | USB Drivers - rev. eleven
    Windows
    Linux
    Macosx

• Nexus Root Toolkit- The combine for carrying out a set of operations over Nexus devices.
  • Flashfire- Backup all partitions, firmware images and much more directly on the device.
  • USBDeview- display and delete installed drivers
Firmware

Current firmware version: Android 8.1.0, Build number: OPM7.181205.001
Fastboot Images
Current version:
Android 8.1.0 Oreo (OPM7.181205.001)
For correct firmware, a new revision of Platform Tools is needed. You can downloadhere
Previous versions
Recovery Images
Note! The firmware data can be installed only in the order of increasing version!These images are installed using TWRP Recovery (stitched the same way as any other archive) orAdb sideload. During the firmware process all user data is saved.
Current firmware version: https://dl.google.com/…81205.001-b1af2457.zip
Android 8.1.0 Oreo (OPM7.181205.001)
To flash this image through custom recovery, you need to upgrade TWRP to the latest version, otherwise it will generate an error.
Previous versions

Incremental OTA updates
Be careful! Check before downloadingassembly numbersyour real firmware and installable!
To find out the build number of your real firmware, go to "Settings" - "About phone", the last field on the screen will be the item "Build number".
OTA updates are installed throughAdb sideloadwith an unchanged system and stock recovery.
Incremental OTA updates:
TOT firmware
Instructions on firmware:
Download:
H790-32Gb
H791-32Gb

H791-16Gb(use only if the upper ones do not fit)

LG_UpTool: Attached fileLGUP-v1.14.3.rar(11 MB)

DLL set: Attached file8994_DLL.rar(6.92 MB)

TOT firmware from 32 GB models can flash 16 GB, but after the firmware it is necessary, without fail, to upload any version (except the very first one) of the full recovery image via ADB Sideloadfrom here
Changelog

Custom Recovery:
Instructions:For firmware and further use of custom recoverybootloader must be unlocked!After the first download to TWRP, you need to flashSuperSUeither® Magisk. Otherwise, the stock recovery is restored after the reboot.
Installation:made via fastboot, with the command:fastboot flash recovery filename.img
Download: TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) Important! Do not install version 3.0.2-1 - incorrect backup of the EFS partition, leading to a bootlap. On version 3.0.2-2 there are a lot of complaints related to backup.
Patched kernels
Useful
General utility
Firmware reviews
Voting results
March 2016
Attached Image

January 2018
Attached Image

July 2017
Attached Image

December 2016
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the sectionI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexand® - 05.12.18, 22:20
Reason for editing: OPM7.181205.001
bzz11g
Message#42
08.02.16, 08:45
cosmo
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 5003
Check in: 04.07.10
Oneplus 5 8/128

Due to the fact that USB Type-C has certain production methods, which our comrades from China are happy to violate in pursuit of easy money, I leave here a link to an article on the subjecthttps://geektimes.ru/post/270636/andattachmentto check the quality of the USB cable

--------------------
Sent via unofficial ForPDA client
Google
Nexus 5X,B & NHD nook +B & NNook Simple Touch with GlowLight
romario20
Message#43
09.02.16, 04:16
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
Check in: 28.12.14
Google Nexus 5X

Instructions for those who do not install the ADB driver to work in bootloader mode

Instruction
When connecting my nexus 5X for some unknown reason, the ADB driver did not want to identify the device, the device manager issued a new Android device to which no driver approached.
Attached Image

In order for the driver to be defined and we can work in fastboot it is necessary
go to the properties of the new device>>Intelligence>>Device ID>>copy the bottom line of code
Attached Image

go to the folder with the ADB driver (Google usb driver) open the fileandroid_winusbnotepad

Next, for a 32-bit system, we work with the [Google.NTx86] block
; Google Nexus S
% SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_4E21
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_4E22 & MI_01
% SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_4E23
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_4E24 & MI_01

replace the device name with your
and inSingleAdbInterfaceWe enter the same copied code from the new device
in lineCompositeAdbInterfaceadd to this code& MI_01

should be like this
; GoogleNexus 5X
% SingleAdbInterface% =USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_D00D
% CompositeAdbInterface% =USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_D00D& MI_01
% SingleAdbInterface% =USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_D00D
% CompositeAdbInterface% =USB_Install, USB \ VID_18D1 & PID_D00D& MI_01

Attached Image

then save the fileandroid_winusb
follow in the device manager and indicate find drivers on this computer>>Specify the folder with the edited driver.
Attached Image

It all worked.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexUnder (UA) - 31.07.16, 20:05

--------------------

Huawei p10, Google nexus 5X download

Out of the game. I do not answer the drug.
bige93
Message#44
19.02.16, 19:22
Nexus brain
[offline]

Messages 385
Check in: 18.12.10
Google pixel

Is there a way to disable encryption without a computer? (no wire)
There is a custom recovery, there is an OTG wire.

--------------------
since 2006 Nokia 3410 - Siemens MC60 - Siemens CX65 - Samsung X480 - Siemens CX65 - Nokia 6030 - Nokia 6230i - Nokia E51 - Huawei U8230 - Huawei MediaPad - Motorola Defy - LG Nexus 4 - LG Nexus 5 - LG Nexus 5X - Google Pixel 128Gb
Displax
Message#45
19.02.16, 19:25
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Check in: 18.04.14
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* bige93,
Download the kernel with encryption disabled and flashing it in TWRP (TWRP can img sew).
viskov2010
Message#46
27.02.16, 18:53
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1124
Check in: 08.10.12

Good day. Tell me what you can do in my situation: the phone starts downloading, Google goes through, then colorful balls turn around and that's it. The phone does not boot. If anyone knows the solution tell me where to dig?

--------------------
Displax
Message#47
27.02.16, 18:57
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* viskov2010,
Try a reset done.
If the bootloader is unlocked, flip it.
Displax
Message#48
27.02.16, 19:05
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Hard reset

* viskov2010,
Turn off the phone, hold down the power button + volume down, get into the bootloader in this way, choose recovery mode with the volume buttons, wait for the robot to appear with an exclamation mark, Press the power button + volume up (maybe not the first time, try and enter several times) . Well, there wipe data / factory reset. Reboot later. The first download can be long.
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexUnder (UA) - 31.07.16, 20:12
viskov2010
Message#49
28.02.16, 12:30
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1124

Attached Image

Good day. Can you please tell me if I can flash the office. firmware for this device and if so give a link to how to do it. Thanks in advance. ps just the device does not want to load constantly circles are spinning and everything, the reset does not help.

Post has been editedAlexUnder (UA) - 31.07.16, 20:13
Reason for editing: spoiler

--------------------
viskov2010
Message#50
28.02.16, 14:12
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1124

* nmka,
First of all, you need to allow unlocking of the explorer on your smartphone. To do this, activate the menu "For Developers" - "Settings - About phone", 7 times click on the Build number field (located at the very bottom). In the "For Developers" menu, activate the ability to unlock the bootloader (5th item above).
. I can not perform this item because The phone does not load. Therefore, I am afraid to get a brick. So do not know. Therefore, I ask for help from experts. For example, if Samsung does not fulfill this item, then you can get a brick.

--------------------
Displax
Message#51
28.02.16, 14:14
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* viskov2010,
You already have a brick in essence, but try your luck, suddenly the bootloader will unlock ...
Now you have only one option, this is to flash the OTA image, it can help.
viskov2010
Message#52
28.02.16, 14:20
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1124

* Displax,
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (MDB08K) → Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (MMB29P). This is the OTA image in the header in the OTA update item. If not then poke your nose please.

--------------------
Displax
Message#53
28.02.16, 14:24
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* viskov2010,
Yeah, just not any fit. Go to the recovery, look there for your build number and flash the OTA image with the same build number.
Displax
Message#54
02.03.16, 14:35
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* KonstantinV.,
Where is the difficulty? This is a nexus, what are the problems in obtaining the root?
1. Unlocked the bootloader.
2. Installed TWRP.
3. I flashed SuperSU.
That's all, 5 minutes of time.
akhnak
Message#55
03.03.16, 08:53
Experienced
[online]

Messages 471
Check in: 21.07.08
Pocophone F1 6/64

Hello. Question, the phone is unlocked, the root is installed.
I decided to remove google start and google now via titanium (because the errors popped up on google now, then I thought to reinstall them). now caught a bootlap. those. The phone does not boot, reboots (
How to solve the problem without data demolition? enters rekoveri

upd.
the problem was solved as quickly as possible with the help of DJ_Kashei
I flashed system.img and cache.img and that's it))
thank

Post has been editedakhnak - 03.03.16, 09:29
DJ_Kashei
Message#56
03.03.16, 09:12
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1702
Check in: 19.03.10
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

* KonstantinV.,
Yes. The program is as automated as possible. At the beginning, we turn on USB debugging and enable the bootloader to unlock, then install the drivers (the Full Driver Installation Guide button), then click the Unlock button. Then we put the Custom recovery checkbox and click Root. I warn you once again -lock the loader after the manipulation can not, a big risk to get a brick.
Attached Image

* akhnak
The system.img and cache.img firmware from the corresponding factory image should help. Resetting to factory will not help. There were changes in the system section.

Post has been editedDJ_Kashei - 03.03.16, 09:15

--------------------
Alcatel OTE ->Siemens A60 ->Motorola C650 ->Siemens CF75 ->Nokia E60 ->HTC Hero ->ASUS PadFone 2 ->LG Nexus 5X ->Samsung Galaxy S7 + Sony SmartWatch 2
Hooligan360452
Message#57
04.03.16, 15:30
63rd MERIN.
[offline]

Messages 6328
Check in: 04.07.10
Google Pixel 2 XL

ViPER4Android for Nexus 5X

Maybe someone will be interested?) Collected Viper for our little beast, The sound everywhere became just a fairy tale
Checked all modes of operation!
thankDearNoskojv: thank_you:
Instruction:
Requires Ruth, a custom recovery kernel with init.d support, system writable and SelinuxPermissive (sewn into the archive)
In my cases, the core is Franco, Busybox.
1) DownloadArchive
2) Folder- (ViPER4Android), archive- (Viper-dark.zip) is transferred to the root of the device's memory.
3) Remove /vendor/etc/audioeffects.conf (in my case - root Explorer).
4) Stitch through the rekvory (Viper-dark.zip)
5) Launch Viper, confirm the root application to the application, agree to install the driver, Reboot the device
6) Enjoy!
To enable Semplov (improvers) in the Viper application, interface - turn on expert mode
Then in the Viper you turn on the “Convolver” (put a tick) and tap it once under the name “Impulse”.
Samples are present (selected in my opinion the best Ihmo), for those who want to replace or add something else.
Download fromoriginalthemes, and put them in the folder Viper4Android / Kernel
I checked on my device -Nexus 5x 32Gb (US) Firmware Stock, root, Franco kernel (extremely stable)

Important:When installed on 7.0, not all files are correctly installed in the system. Therefore, in the event that Viper fails, check the availability of the necessary files in the system. If necessary, copy manually with permission changes using a file manager with root access.

Attention! Before any changes, make a backup of all that we will change! I bear no responsibility for the damage, losing having! All actions you do at your own peril and risk!
Good luck!): Russian_ru:

Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexUnder (UA) - 30.09.16, 20:07

--------------------
Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.
Pily
Message#58
05.03.16, 19:16
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 578
Check in: 11.10.06
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

Guys how to put the driver in the device manager shows the device androyd and an exclamation mark, it does not put the google driver into the phone in fastboot mode connected through the adapter broke the whole head I can not unlock the device, in the command line after the unlock command it writes that the adb device is waiting and a fastboot from the header set
Displax
Message#59
05.03.16, 19:23
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* Pily
You load into the bootloader, find an unknown device in the manager, update the driver by specifying the path to the folder where they are located.
Pily
Message#60
05.03.16, 19:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 578
Check in: 11.10.06
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

* Displax,
The fact of the matter is that the driver is not the same or not at all. I downloaded it all from the header, or rather I could not find the driver for this device. Others need it, I took the necessary software (ADB / Fastboot) from the header in the usb_drivers folder

Post has been editedPily - 05.03.16, 19:41
Displax
Message#61
05.03.16, 19:47
Absolute
[offline]

Messages 17260
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

* Pily
Try directly specifying the path to the android_winusb.inf file.
Google

138 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 20:25