oleophobic coating do it yourself

Rep: (295)
Kuzmich701 @ 03.20.2017, 13:46*
Now ordered killAqua - domestic water-repellent substance. Let's see how it goes, I’ll post photos with tests.

Look forward to!

Rep: (1)
In short, according to Kill Aqua, the situation is this - there is a kill aqua on an off site, it costs a lot of money, about 3k. and there is a kilo of aqua in third-party stores and it costs 1k rubles (apparently old issues with an old design. I took the one that for 1k. according to the production dates it was produced in 2014 at the bottom there was a precipitate, although it was half a year until the end of its shelf life. As a result, I got into my hands idle expired crap (judging by the sediment by flakes of amounts of 30% of the volume of the bubble), therefore, I won’t tell about quality because it expired expired works as intended - it’s bad.

Post has been editedKuzmich701 - 23.04.17, 11:28

Rep: (6)
Interesting information:
... According to Engadget, some devices were supplied without a special oleophobic coating on the display, designed to combat the appearance of fingerprints on its surface. Instead, it offered a protective film of the display. But the latest devices are still equipped with an oleophobic coating, andHuawei stores in China offer this coating option on those devices that were produced without it.
http://itc.ua/news/nek...-defitsitom-na-ryinke/

It turns out the process of applying oleophobic is not so technologically complicated. And maybe the hour is not far off when everyone will have a spray at home, which is enough to spray the screen and forget about the stains for a couple of months. :)

Rep: (41)
* Homiak1986 , see my post a page earlier ... A simple "anti-rain" for auto-sprayed and for a couple of months - and forgot ... that’s for sure, it’s already been verified ... I already have more than 3, I won’t say that everything just like in the first month, a little worse, but right now, I'll spray again ... The price is less than 150 rubles, one small bottle is enough for several years ...
I also froze it twice (in the sense of 2 winters I skated in the trunk of a car), before using it on a mobile phone

Post has been editedrogolet - 25.04.17, 19:53

Rep: (22)
Well, will there be a suitable answer on this problem? How to make an oleophobic coating?

Rep: (20)
Who has access to ceresin (refractory paraffin), try to conduct an experiment by dissolving it in purified gasoline and through a spray bottle to apply in several layers on the glass, followed by polishing.
I remembered here how in ancient times they made a corrosion-resistant coating on metal surfaces. The effect in my opinion was like that of an oleophobic coating.

Rep: (4)
A simple "anti-rain" for auto-sprayed for a couple of months - and forgot ... that’s for sure - it’s already been verified ... I already have more than 3, I won’t say that everything is the same as in the first month, a little worse, but right now, I’ll spray again ... The price is less than 150 rubles, one small bottle is enough for several years ...
I also froze it twice (in the sense of 2 winters I skated in the trunk of a car), before using it on a mobile phone

I confirm. The method is working. And if before these glass a little more polishing with polishes ZM is generally a beauty.

Rep: (0)
Guys you buy in the car auto anti-rain company Turtle Wax on wear according to the instructions and all oleophobic coating is ready.

There is a cheaper way to buy wax and white spirit. The white spirit heats up without boiling, the wax finely crumbles and mixes until completely dissolved. Everything is ready, you can apply on the screen as well as anti-rain Turtle Wax.

Post has been editedAlex1228 - 23.05.17, 16:29

The guys today bought glass on the Samsung Galaxy S7, was disappointed, took it off, and the glue remained a little on the screen. Question. How can it be removed without damaging the oleophobic coating? And does he not spoil it? I bought a smartphone a month ago

Post has been editedDumbat - 26.05.17, 21:36

I tried RUNWAY Anti-Rain on my Redmi 4 Prime, on which my finger almost did not slip. Processed 4 times. The first moment, if you spray from a small distance, then large drops are collected and there is little sense. The second point, it is necessary to remove from the cover and cover the speaker / microphone / 3.5 jack and be sure to remove from the cover. In fact, I got a coating no worse than on a new body, my fingers stay a little, but they are easily wiped on clothes, my finger glides remarkably.

Rep: (2)
I don’t know how you got such coverage. But just yesterday I went to maxidom and bought ranvey (anti-rain), because I also have a redmi 4 pro, according to your review I decided to repeat. It didn’t work, applied 3 times. Even left for the night the last layer, and in the morning I polished it, there’s no sense. Perhaps the fact is that I'm trying to create an oleophobic on a protective glass. Not on a wheelbarrow?

Posted on 06/11/2017, 16:08:

Skifovich @ 06/11/17, 17:07*
Tried RUNWAY Anti-Rain on my Redmi 4 Prime
forgot to quote)

* Skifovich , the plastic of which the protective glass and the gorilla glass of the phone itself are made are completely different structures ... For plastic, in tactility, anti-rain will not help ...

* rogolet ,
the plastic of which the protective glass is made
why then call protective glass?

* Skifovich ,...
Tautology - in rhetoric: a rhetorical figure, which is a repetition of the same words that are close in meaning or have the same root. A tautology can be part of a statement that is correct in meaning, but it is undesirable, except when it is an intentional stylistic device, since it can complicate the perception of a statement or give it unnecessary expression.

Rogolet @ 06/20/17, 12:57*
Tautology - in rhetoric: a rhetorical figure, which is a repetition of the same words that are close in meaning or have the same root. A tautology can be part of a statement that is correct in meaning, but it is undesirable, except when it is an intentional stylistic device, since it can complicate the perception of a statement or give it unnecessary expression.
veiled so that I could not find the answer to my question -_-

* Skifovich , ... remove or replace the protective glass and you will be happy ...
Why are they needed? Glasses there, films .... when the native glass is "gorilla glass" ... You just don’t need to put the phone in your pocket with the keys ...

... If you want to save on replacement, try polishes for plastic ...

when the native glass is "gorilla glass."
and from the nails micro-scratches remain.

Experience: Based on cheap water repellent for nat. Futon leather. It contains trimethylsiloxysilicate. Rub a couple of drops on the screen, try not to put the speaker and camera in place. Wait 2-3 minutes. Polish with a micro fiber until the oily sheen disappears. effectiveness appears after several applications.

Rep: (10)
The same effect from wax polishes for cars with Carnauba wax. Car owners who can have this tool can try. But for the sake of the phone you should not buy it. IMHO.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 09:55