Message#1
13.02.08, 02:05
White and fluffy
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 777
Check in: 30.11.06
Honor 9

Ambulance laptop owners | Search for drivers for laptops | Manual disassembly and repair of laptops | Ambulance TabletPC owners

Overclocking CPU and notebook GPU

Attached Image

By applying in practice something that is mentioned or indirectly mentioned in this topic, you fully accept responsibility for the negative consequences of your activity.
You are engaged in overclocking solely at your own peril and risk.

FAQ
What is overclocking?
    Overclocking is the ability to use the software to change the technical parameters of some hardware in order to improve their performance.
Who are overclockers?
    Overclockers are people who practice overclocking everything that has a clock frequency.
What can be overclocked in a laptop?
    First of all, you can overclock the processor, video card (graphics chip and video memory) and RAM. It should be borne in mind that overclocking of one component indirectly affects or depends on others. For example, the processor is overclocked most often by increasing the clock speed of the system bus, which can also increase the frequency of the RAM and slots PCI, PCIE, AGP and others, but the devices in these slots (including the built-in ones) can this disconnect.
Does this threaten premature equipment failure?
    If you overclock without thinking with your head, then yes. If you more or less understand the question, then the chance to wake up the laptop with morning coffee is much higher than to disable it with overclocking.
If I overclock my laptop, will it void my warranty?
    If you go to the service later and tell me what you’ve overclocked, then yes. If not, then no.
And what if the laptop still burn?
    But what if they steal it from you in a dark alley? And what if you slip and drop your laptop on the asphalt? Accidents happen, but this once again suggests that measures must be taken to avoid them. For example, do not walk at night through the doorways with a laptop in your hands and look at your feet. But seriously, just think with your head, do not chase a pair of free megahertz and provide sufficient cooling.
Why not overclock the equipment?
    Equipment developers specifically give their products some margin of safety, beyond which there is a risk of incapacitating them, however, the limits are often quite large than overclockers use. In addition to the physical framework, do not forget that during acceleration, energy consumption increases, which leads to an increase in the temperature of the accelerated device and near it, and high temperature has a detrimental effect on the equipment. If the temperature inside the system unit can be quite easily controlled thanks to the free space where you can install additional cooling systems, then inside the laptop the overclocking freedom is greatly limited, as a rule, by the supply of the original cooling system.
How much, on average, do the components of a laptop get overclocked?
    Processor no more than 20% of the nominal. The graphics chip is about the same, but if the chip is initially based as a game chip, then it is better not to touch it. RAM is better not to drive or drive at 5-10%. Video memory can be overclocked by 10-20%, provided that it does not climb from the operational one.
And what will give me such a slight acceleration?
    First, feel like an overclocker. Secondly, get up to 5-25% increase in performance in games. Thirdly, you’ll warm your heart by the fact that your laptop is 5% to 25% faster than the exact same non-overclocked notebook from your friend.
Where can I get instructions for overclocking?
    On the Internet, you can often find a variety of manuals, but not the fact that they apply to your particular situation. Rather the opposite. In fact, it is not, because instructions would have to be written for each individual device. There are general methods and software, but you will need to look for initial information about overclocking yourself.
I still don't know computers very well, can I overclock a laptop with your help?
    For me, "not very good at computers" is this: I can fully and correctly assemble the system unit from components, reinstall the operating system, install drivers on all hardware and then reinstall the necessary software, but often there are problems with what I have never encountered before If for you "not very well versed in computers" means the same, then you can, but if not, then do not waste my and my time.
Do you know what part is in my laptop?
    No, I do not know. If you are too lazy to use search engines, why should I or someone else do this for you? If you searched everywhere and found nothing, then why did you think that others would find it? Of course you can ask, but do not wait for an answer, especially soon. The clock frequency generator, by the way, can also be viewedhere.

Recommended software
  • Sisoftware sandra- A decent set of tools ideal for obtaining initial information about the system. Includes several useful, but not always objective tests.

• 3DMark Vantage- Testing program for the computer's graphic system. It is popular due to unique graphics tests, so beloved by gamers, as well as through its own performance rating system. Unfortunately, it works only under Windows Vista, so in XP / 2K you need to use 3DMark06.

• PCMark Vantage- If 3DMark includes only graphic tests, PCMark has concentrated everything else in itself. There is also a performance rating system here, but PCMark does not enjoy popularity (apparently, the prevalence of similar software products is to blame). It works only under Windows Vista, so in XP / 2K you need to use PCMark05.

• HWMonitor“It just doesn't mean worse.” HWMonitor is the most successful, in my opinion, a means of monitoring temperature, voltage and fan speed. It is enough to run this program, roll it up, run a heavy toy or a 3DMark Vantage type test, so that you can easily and easily find out, say, the maximum and maximum temperature of a particular component. It is recommended to all without exception.

• Powerstrip- The program allows you to configure the video card. It has few options in my opinion, but there is one significant plus: PowerStrip supports overclocking video cards by chip and memory, without being tied to a specific manufacturer, be it NVIDIA or ATI. In some cases, PowerStrip is the only way to overclock integrated video cards from Intel, SiS, as well as some other less popular manufacturers. If you were unable to overclock your video card with other software, it’s worth a try using PowerStrip.

• Clockgen- There are many programs that allow you to overclock the processor, but ClockGen stands out among them because it is completely free and easy to use. The only negative is a small set of supported clock generators.

• Rivantuner- A unique in its kind program for fine-tuning and overclocking graphics cards from NVIDIA. Among the many advantages of RivaTuner, you can especially highlight the option of software conversion of gaming solutions (GeForce) to professional (Quadro). Must be in the arsenal of all owners of video cards from NVIDIA.

• ATI Tray Tools- Tweaking, optimizing and overclocking ATI graphics cards is no longer a problem thanks to ATI TT.

• CPUCool- The favorite program of most overclockers. Allows you to overclock the processor, supports many clock frequency generators (and the list is constantly growing), builds temperature graphs, allows you to set overclocking algorithms and much more. Minus one - the paid version.

• CPUFSB- A stripped-down, if you can say there version of CPUCool, or rather even just one of its modules for overclocking. The list of clock generators is the same. Also a paid version, but cheaper. The best option, in my humble opinion.

• SetFSB- Analogue CPUFSB. Of course, there are pros and cons, but the alternative is not bad.

Post has been editedstp101 - 28.04.18, 10:54
Reason for editing: New header. Rammsteiner rule cap
Jenek
Message#22
16.03.08, 23:34
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 09.12.05

Does anyone know how to overclock a Roverbook Partner E415 tire
Motherboard: Elitegroup Co. ref.NO:G320-yymmdd-OT-01-00-FF-FF$
Microprocessor: VIA CLE266 (VT8623)
Di'Brain
Message#23
24.03.08, 15:02
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

The easiest way is from the BIOS, but there, most likely, the settings are few and there is no way to change the frequency and voltage. I know another way, but exclusively for the VIA processor (C3). A more hemorrhaging method, I must say, because will have to disassemble the laptop and take out the percent. No need to solder. On the back of the processor, directly above the chip with a marking, there are a number of characteristic looking bridges. Closing open contacts in the bridge with a pencil with a stylus (plastic pencils will not work) leads to the installation of the corresponding bit in the MSR register after turning on the power to "1", and opening (factory connected bridges do not need to be opened) - to "0". Thus, by experimenting a little with combinations of lockable bridges, it is possible to increase the multiplier of the processor and, as a result, the processor frequency.
ashti
Message#24
10.04.08, 10:26
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18
Check in: 17.01.07
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox N560

Do not tell me to overclock the card on the Asus F3SE, how can I?
ATI Mobility Radeon x2500 Card
Di'Brain
Message#25
10.04.08, 18:13
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

Personally, I did not use equipment with such a video card and, accordingly, did not disperse it. Nevertheless, you can try adding 5-10% of productivity.by this(attached) orby thatapplication. Everything is intuitively clear there, just don’t increase the frequency by more than 10% from the default one - from such blasphemy of vidyuha because of the lack of a good cooling system it can get stuck. There will be questions - ask.

Attached files

Attached fileattsetup.exe(1.14 MB)

Post has been editedDi'Brain - 10.04.08, 18:21
ashti
Message#26
10.04.08, 21:34
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18

Di'Brain
Like I tried thanks! Tell me more, please, I moved the sliders. GPU and memory speed, right? nothing more needs to be changed?
My GPU costs 425.25
and memory 391.5

I add to them 7%

Right? Or what else is needed?

Post has been editedashti - 10.04.08, 21:53
Viy_a
Message#27
10.04.08, 22:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 257
Check in: 23.06.07
Huawei P8 Lite (2017)

Hello!
I have a Samsung R60plus XE02 laptop, percent core 2 duo T2330 1.6MHz, ATI mobility radeon X2300 video.
So I drive the video ATI tool, the standard frequencies are: GPU speed 480, memory speed 446 (DDR 892).
Overclocked to: GPU 600, memory speed 570 (DDR 1140), if you drive more then artifacts appear, and everything is fine: smoke:

But it doesn’t work with the process, I don’t know which Klok generator, the ClockGen program does not automatically detect, and other programs do not determine either.
Maybe someone knows how to overclock? : help:

Post has been editedViy_a - 10.04.08, 23:01
Di'Brain
Message#28
11.04.08, 17:41
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

ashtiYou did everything right. You can even overclock to 466/433. More is also possible (theoretically), but not worth it.

Viy_a, as far as I know, the Samsung R60 series uses ATi Radeon Xpress 1250, not 2300. ClockGen has not yet been determined by any processor - it does not have such a function. The clock generator there is also ICS 951416.
Viy_a
Message#29
11.04.08, 20:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 257
Huawei P8 Lite (2017)

Di'Brain, in the XE02 model there is X2300 128MB of its memory and 384 gets from the RAM, there are many different types of them (models) FE01, FE02, etc.
Thanks for the info: victory: yes everything worked out, chasing :)

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedViy_a - 11.04.08, 20:58
Viy_a
Message#30
12.04.08, 13:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 257
Huawei P8 Lite (2017)

And why is this ClockGen program showing the frequency PCI E 199.5, a PCI 66.5? O.o After all, it seems like there should be 100 and 33.
drzet
Message#31
12.04.08, 19:33
Local
[online]

Messages 385
Check in: 23.02.07
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Can overclock the travelmate 291LCi pentium M 1.4GHz / intel 855GM chipset

if so how much
and how7

--------------------
;)
Di'Brain
Message#32
13.04.08, 10:32
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

Viy_amost likely you also overclocked them :) There are 2 sliders - one for the processor bus, and the other for PCI-E and PCI. You only need the one for the tire. Changing the frequency of PCI-E and PCI to either side of the default will not do anything good. If it went wrong (though I don’t know how it can be), restore the default settings manually and you will be happy: wink_kind:

drzet, it makes no sense to overclock the intel 855GM chipset, although it’s suitable for this purposePowerstrip. It’s a bit more complicated with the processor - you need to find out the manufacturer and model of the clock generator yourself. You select it in ClockGen and the thing is in the hat: victory: Perhaps there will not be such a generator in ClockGen (the laptop is quite old), then find and download the CPUCooL utility - there is more choice of generators, but it’s a bit more difficult to configure it, and "cure bourgeois developers "and even more so.

Post has been editedDi'Brain - 13.04.08, 10:34
Viy_a
Message#33
13.04.08, 15:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 257
Huawei P8 Lite (2017)

Di'Brain, it’s not so simple, when I manually move the slider, then already on 114 and 38 the laptop starts to slow down, and then hangs.
And in any other way you can return them? Or something else to look at these frequencies?
drzet
Message#34
13.04.08, 15:52
Local
[online]

Messages 385
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Di'Brain and how to work with PowerStrip

Added @ 13.04.2008, 15:55

CPUcoolwho needs version 8.0.6

--------------------
;)
Di'Brain
Message#35
13.04.08, 20:56
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

drzet, after starting the tray icon appears. Click on it with the right button of the rodent and find the item "performance tuning" (in my opinion it is somehow called). You get in there and raise the frequency slider on the chip just above the standard value. I warn you right away, even in synthetic tests the performance gain will be small.
drzet
Message#36
14.04.08, 14:42
Local
[online]

Messages 385
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Di'Brain, when I do this my slider doesn't move a single

--------------------
;)
Di'Brain
Message#37
14.04.08, 15:28
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

drzet
Strange ... It looks like your video card is undecided. Did you reboot after installation? Try adding this to the registry:

Attached files

Attached filepstrip3.key(245 bytes)
drzet
Message#38
14.04.08, 15:34
Local
[online]

Messages 385
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Di'Brain? I suddenly got a vague question
And overclocking will give something?

--------------------
;)
Di'Brain
Message#39
14.04.08, 15:46
White and fluffy
[offline]

Messages 777
Honor 9

I already answered you
I warn you right away, even in synthetic tests the performance gain will be small.

In other words, even if you manage to disperse it, it will not be easier for you from this. Unless conscience will be clear.
ashti
Message#40
16.04.08, 13:59
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18

Di'Brain
Thanks, it seems to be faster. and does not get warm ....: victory:
noval4
Message#41
08.05.08, 01:02
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6321
Check in: 21.02.06
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

Di'Brain,
please tell me, is it possible to overclock this computer / video card, how much, what will be the result, and does it make sense to disperse in general?

ASUS A8Js
Intel i945PM
SouthBridge: 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller
Type: Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile
Internal Specification: Intel® Core (tm) 2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz, T5600, Merom
DIMM0 (RAS 0, RAS 1): 1024 (Double Bank) DDR2 533
DIMM1 (RAS 2, RAS 3): 1024 (Double Bank) DDR2 533

VIDEO: Nvidia Corp (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700
Bus Type: PCI-Express
512 mb
GeForce Go 7700
Converter: Integrated RAMDAC (min / ... 60/60 Hz

Post has been editednoval4 - 12.05.08, 17:33

--------------------

50 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/22/19, 10:50