FiiO X5 II - Discussion | Hi-fi audio player

Rep: (14)
DiscussionFiiO X5 II
Hi-fi audio player
Discussion пїЅ | Fiio X1 пїЅ | FiiO X3 2nd пїЅ | FiiO X7 пїЅ | Fiio X Series +<headphones> пїЅ | FiiO X Series Device Owners Club пїЅ
Specifications
The Fiio X5 II is a high-end portable player. The model has a solid aluminum body, processed on CNC machines, and can perform the functions of an external DAC. A color 2.4 "LCD display with a resolution of 400 x 360 pixels uses an IPS matrix, providing wide viewing angles. The interface is intuitive, efficient and quite simple. Navigation through the menu is performed using a rubberized wheel (based on Alps elements). Step-by-step adjustment volume can be performed through the menu or using two buttons mounted on one of the side panels of the case.The dual-core Ingenics 4760B processor (600 MHz) acts as the “electronic brain” of the model, and the well-known Texas Istrume PCM1792A chip takes over the functions of the DAC. nts. FiiO X5 can work with lossless formats such as DSD, APE, FLAC, ALAC, WMA and WAV (up to 24 bit / 192 kHz) .Playing MP2, MP3, AAC, OGG and AIFF files are also supported. The-Go (OTG), i.e., the FiiO X5 can act as a USB host. The sound of the model impresses with its naturalness, attention to detail, as well as vigor and dynamics. The upper register is transparent and clean. The bass is saturated and articulated. The mid-range is well developed, musical images in space are precisely localized.
Playback Formats
DSD: 2.8 MHz / 1 bit (dff / dsf)
APE (Fast): 192 kHz / 24 bit;
APE (Normal): 96 kHz / 24 bit;
APE (High): 96 kHz / 24 bit;
AIFF: 192 kHz / 24 bit;
FLAC: 192 kHz / 24 bit;
WAV: 192 kHz / 64 bit;
WMA9.1 Lossless: 96 kHz / 24 bit;
Apple Lossless: 192 kHz / 24 bit;

DAC: PCM1792A
I / V conversion: 2 x OPA1652
LPF: OPA1612
Voltage AMP: OPA1612
AMP: 2 x BUF634U

Memory: 2 x 128 GB Micro SD (not included)

General characteristics
Model X5 II
Dimensions 109 Г— 63.5 Г— 15.3 mm
Weight 165 g
Display 2.0 "IPS screen, 400x360 pixels
3.5mm analog audio output connector
3.5mm digital audio jack
USB DAC Support up to 192 kHz / 24 bit
3.5mm headphone jack
Headphone impedance range 16 ~ 150 О©
Volume control type 120 level, digital volume control
Bass boost 10 bands graphic equalizer
Amplification of HF 10 bands graphic equalizer
Adjustment of the right left channel 10 dB
Choice of gain 3.6 dB (Gain = L), 9.1 dB (Gain = H)

Parameters for line output
THD + N<0.001% (1 kHz)
Frequency range 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
Crosstalk>115 dB (10 KО© / 1kHz)
SNR>114 dB
Dynamic range>110 dB
Linear output level 1.53 Vrms (10 KО© / 1 kg)

Headphone options
Power output 1>436 mW (16О© / THD + N<1%)
Power output 2>245 mW (32О© // THD + N<1%)
Power output 3>27 mW (300О© / THD + N<1%)
Frequency range 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
SNR>115 dB
Output impedance<0.2 О© (32О©)
Crosstalk>75 dB (1 kHz)
THD + N<0.001% (1 kHz)
MAX Output Voltage>8,2 Vp-p
MAX output current>250 mA

Power and battery
Power DC5V 2A
Charge indicator
Battery Indicator Yes
Battery capacity 3300 mAh
Battery life>10 h
Charging time<4 h
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 20.02.17, 11:22
Reason for editing: club

Fiio X5-II - The second generation of the popular player, considered the benchmark of its price segment. Despite the remaining price, the updated X5 has become better in all respects, without, however, losing the strengths of the progenitor.

The player received already branded design and management, which allows you to be confident in a high level of convenience and functionality, in addition, it has become more compact, but not to the detriment of sound, but due to careful optimization, which was achieved thanks to the vast experience of engineers and years of work.
We also managed to improve the device operation time due to an increase in battery voltage and separate power supply circuits for low and high gain, as well as sleep mode.

They touched the improvements, of course, and the sound - the developers managed to achieve a resolution gain and at the same time get rid of the excessive sharpness, which the first version had sinned. The X5-II player received a smooth and musical sound, devoid of significant shortcomings, so that it is perfect for music of any direction.

And, of course, they can not but rejoice at the presence of two slots for memory cards at once, the ability to use as a USB DAC and support for control panels on headsets, which makes the X5-II more than just a good-sounding player.

Rep: (0)
Hello!
My first player, so there is nothing to compare with.
before the player were headphones ie-4. it seemed to be all arranged ... they advised to buy ears more decently.
bought an AT m50x. the sound has become cleaner. although i-4 is also good at playing.
what was my surprise when I connected the M50x to a computer with an old but true AUDIGY 2 ZS.
Headphones sang in a completely different way. more assertive, bass, melodious (equalizers are all off).
Now there is no desire to listen from the player, for me the sound seems completely disgusting.
as he did not twist the equalizer in the player, he could not achieve what he wanted.
even the phone produces better sound. more saturated.
maybe I don’t understand something in hi-fi devices. For me, buying a fiio x5-2 was a waste of money.
put up for sale.

Rep: (354)
M
topic moved toMultimedia players

-SunLion- @ 10/08/2015, 11:46*
fiio x5-2 was in vain

But on the contrary, I am very satisfied. After it I tried to listen to MP3 on a smartphone .... I could not stand it for more than 10 minutes. The difference is earth and sky ...
Fiio X5 II on top .. Moreover there is X3 II. The difference in sound is not huge, but there is ... X5 will still be more interesting ..

Rep: (2)
But what's new in firmware 1.1 what's in the header?
just thinking of buying this unit.

Transfergoogle (so don't blame me)

гЂђFiiO X5 2nd generationгЂ‘ FW1.1 introduces new features and improvements for the 2nd generation X5

1. Optimized system stability.
2. Fixed some problems that could lead to system freezes.
3. Fixed various glitches of the user interface of the display.
4. Fixed a bug where a player will not be able to enter the standby mode after the Micro SD card is ejected while the player.
5. Increased reliability of media library updates.
6. Various other fixes.

P.S. There are also custom firmware. There really changes concern only those themes.

Post has been editedking73 - 11.10.15, 09:52

They say that there are problems with wheel slip. With my firmware 1.1, the wheel does not slip, but it starts up with a second click. The first idle, the subsequent processes. The wheel needs to be turned quickly, if on click per second, for example, the player ignores the wheel

Who knows how to put a pause in the X5 II, not including the screen, except for the remote control on the ears? Breaks every time from the inside to get

Rep: (1246)
Who knows how to put a pause in the X5 II, not including the screen, except for the remote control on the ears?
and the central key that does not work? In the settings, select the desired key combination for the lock mode.

Rep: (54)
And where to get custom firmware?
Or maybe there is a master for the Russification of the firmware. I never did something like that.

Post has been editedkomi4ok - 15.11.15, 17:09

And what is there to translate ??? !!! : rofl:

I'm just nicer when in my native language.

Hello to all. : D
Bought this miracle in return for Cowon J3
I still do not understand, it seems like he is shaking his headphones better.
The main reason for the transition is Cowon trimmed formats. : yes2:
The menu is a bit uncomfortable and there is no touchscreen.
So I'm getting used to it.
Headphones Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
and Fisher 6 mm bullets.

: happy:
Well, that's the first drawback
flacc 24/96 or 192 with a sudden change in volume the track flies to the next
(Pink Floyd album "The Other Side ..." digitization of Japanese vinyl)
I wonder what the reason?

A new official firmware X5II-FW1.2.zip has been released. The "wheel" works well (at the first click). I have not yet seen any other changes.

* Smithwest,
What's the difference in digitization? Japanese or whatever ...

Posted on 11/18/2015 20:05:

Also yesterday I purchased this unit, while I understand. This is the first device after the mp3 player.

Posted 11/18/2015 20:09:

And what is OTG, where there is an SD card 1 and 2.

Posted on 11/18/2015, 20:10:

And does the player have to support headphone control or not?

There isn’t much difference in Japanese digitization. Here we are talking about high-quality CD material (reflective plastic coating), which reduces the number of reading errors. There is Japanese remastering, but this is not always good (the Japanese are not very friendly with bass) OTG is a USB interface that allows you to connect to the device’s USB device (flash drives and not only). Control from the headphone remote control is supported, but completely only from the iPhone and partially from Android devices (temporary stop-one press, go to the next song-two clicks, the volume does not adjust in this Option) .only in the settings do not forget to set the operation mode of the earphone headset.

Post has been editedFIIO_HDMI - 19.11.15, 00:32

I don’t understand how OTG works, I threw music on a flash drive, but the player does not see it ...

To do this, you need a special USB cable (OTG) / Normal does not work /. The flash drive must be formatted in FAT32

komi4ok
You do not understand
Digitization 24/96 Flac (Home)

just vinyl japanese (original copy 2004 edition) Reverse ... Pink Floyd.

Now come off under Tom Waits and Super ...

I advise you to search for the sound track "Dead" by Neil Young, too, super music ... like Western itself !!!! Joni Dep forever ...

(OTG - just score - enough cards are more than enough).

I advise you to preoccupy with the selection of high-quality headphones, since you can now go shopping and try, try, try ...
Maybe you are advising us :)

Post has been editedSmithwest - 20.11.15, 01:25

* Smithwest,
Thank!
In our city this is a problem, it’s small. And so I have sony mdr-1a headphones. Took his time for the iPhone. I didn’t think that I would look towards hi-fi players. And now I would choose headphones with this player.
Regarding music, I used to listen to MP-3 and everything is ok. And now you are downloading the discography in Flac format, and there are some albums in 3-4 variations and it led me into a stupor (what is the difference and why).

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/02/19, 08:02