MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | [wifirouter] Settings, help (2015 model)

Rep: (7)
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi (club)

Attached Image

One more photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU:BCM4709C Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.4GHz
  • ROM:512M SLC Nand Flash
  • RAM:256MB DDR3-1600
  • HDD:3.5 "1 TB or 6 TB SATA (Toshiba / Samsung) (exteranal SATA III)
  • 2.4G WiFi:2 * 2 (supports IEEE 802.11N protocol, the highest rate of up to 300Mbps)
  • 5G WiFi:2 * 2 (supporting the IEEE 802.11AC protocol, the highest rate of up to 867Mbps)
  • Antenna:External dual-band omnidirectional (2.4G maximum gain 4dBi, 5G maximum gain 6dBi)
  • Ports:1 WAN, 3 LAN - all 10/100 / 1000M ports (Auto MDI / MDIX)
  • USB:1 USB 2.0 (DC output: 5V / 1A)
  • Cooling:Active, specially designed cooling radiator and controlled low-profile low-speed fan
  • LED:- status indicator (tricolor: red, blue and yellow)
  • Buttons:- power button and reset button to factory settings
  • Nutrition:- 12V 3A for 1TB and 12V 3,5A for 6TB
  • Power Consumption:36W
  • Noise level:22dB (maximum 28dB)
  • Weight:1280g

Reviews
Instructions
Purchase
Firmware
KASTOMNYE FIRMWARE DOES NOT EXIST AT THIS MOMENT !!!
If you feel the strength and desire to develop them, please announce this in this forum thread and we will try to help in your work on the firmware.

Attached Image

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.24.10 (update 4 November 2016) - Attached Image

ROM 2.0 Developer Edition Version 2.23.160 (Update October 19, 2017) - Attached Image
Russian localization for firmware MiWiFi DEV 2.23.160 MiWiFi DEV 2.15.87RUS from galickijj
Localization Instructions
1. Install the firmware
2. We doROOT
3. After receiving the root, open the router via SFTP client, for example through WinSCP or FileZilla
4. Remount the file system into write mode with the command:
mount -o remount, rw /

5. Download the archive with localization and unpack it (to avoid possible problems, download the localization for your specific firmware version)
6. Copy the contents of the unpacked archive to the root folder of the router
7. Overload the router

Sets of localizations of firmware and Android clients from galickijj
here you can find not only old versions, but also new ones that are not yet available through the official website miwifi.com

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.6.19 (experimental firmware from Xiaomi with support for English) - Attached fileTB4709_r2d_all_2.6.19.zip (31.65 MB)
Switching between languages ​​occurs in the settings, there you can find a drop-down list with languages

Applications
The official version of the application -1.2.301
Xiaomi MiRouter 1.2.200, PC client for Xiaomi routers
For easy configuration, it is recommended to use Google Chrome, which will offer to translate pages from Chinese.
If Chrome itself does not offer, then after a right click in an empty area of ​​the page, a menu opens that has the item "Translate to Russian". Further, in the translation settings, you can select an English translation, as the Chinese-Russian direction is extremely crooked.

Post has been editedzumbi - 22.01.19, 10:06
Reason for editing: Solving the problem of visibility of a network drive on the latest updates of win 10

Rep: (15)
The TV is not old but when searching for wifi it does not show available 5 GHz
Thanks for the help I will try to configure.

Rep: (0)
still flopped in the router
Delivered 2.9.9 developers
but the following problems remained:

1) the router stubbornly refuses to start on popular torrent trackers with win7, it runs without problems with an android tablet
instead of giving the torrent site a search page for an unknown service where everything is in Chinese (gives a screen in the evening)

2) this is the biggest problem
using a TV with smart TV on some popular online video services (for example fs.to), where an ad unit goes before the movie is shown a bug
instead of a video clip of advertising, a black screen with a button "skip ads"
the black backing of the advertisement does not disappear and closes the image of the film, but the sound of the film goes (I tried it on Samsung and LG both on 2.4G and 5G and on cable)
and when you press "go to the advertiser's website", for a split second (during the transition to the advertiser's website) a piece of the movie image appears, after which the advertising page is loaded
from a laptop and from a tablet everything is ok, but with a smart TV - crap
Who can try to launch any movie with fs.to from their router?

Rep: (36)
* Flad.Solo.View,
1. Such an error occurs only in one case when the site does not exist. Try visiting a non-existent page, for examplehere- a similar window will appear. Once the sites exist, but the computer cannot get on them, then I have only one option - the DNS that the router goes to does not work correctly, and the tablet goes through its DNS. The solution is to register Google’s open DNS in the settings: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.
2. Most likely related to paragraph 1.

Rep: (15)
Flad.Solo.View And how do you go to the sites from the router?

Post has been editedshynk75 - 21.10.15, 10:04

* Flad.Solo.View,
Do not forget to unsubscribe whether it helped you or not.

Rep: (14)
Tell me, what is the difference between regular firmware and developer?

I also wanted to ask how to connect to the hard drive from any device on the home network and how not to upload, namely, upload files to the hard so that you can then access them from any device on the home network?

thank.

Post has been editedSpicyBoy - 23.10.15, 18:06

* SpicyBoy
  1. The difference is that regular firmware guarantees you stability, and development software contains new functionality, which is still lower at the testing stage and in theory. But there are few chances to run into serious problems on the development firmware.
  2. Hard is visible in your home network as a network folder. Windows work with such resources out of the box, for android you may need to install alternative file managers likeES Explorer, iOS also needs alternative functionality, such asAvplayerorVLC

Rep: (10)
* SpicyBoy go to the router there is a tab on which all your connected devices and 2 levers are displayed: 1st - Internet access (enabled by default) and second - full access (inactive ... gray) for those devices from which you want to have full access you need a lever and move ... added a photo

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedJam777 - 24.10.15, 17:48

Rep: (22)
The people, who can say as a subject on speed and stability as a NAS and a router? And what about the noise? Is there any support for PPPoE?

There is an idea to change the bundle of ASUS RT-AC66U + Zyxel NSA310S (4TB screw) to a subject, because old devices can be sold more expensive than a subject, and ASUS and Ziksel are weaker in iron. The pixel was noisy without modification, AC wafer record 25-30mb \ s, and reading 30-40mb \ s, Transmission downloads torrents 7-8mb \ s and it sometimes slows down, and the subject seems to be cooler. Well, the main reason is the opportunity for a quarter of the price to take a new 6TB WD Caviar Red + from the subject, there will be 1 TB broom on the old computer.

Where is it cheaper to take a subject and are there more budget versions without a screw?

Kryder @ 10.26.2015, 14:53*
The people, who can say as a subject on speed and stability as a NAS and a router?

In my opinion, today it is the best on the market that you can buy as a NAS for its price. The built-in screw with the SATA III interface cheerfully pulls any content, unlike routers with ancient USB 2.0.
And what about the noise?

You can hear the operation of the fan only if you put your ear to it, and so the clock goes louder than it works.
Is there any support for PPPoE?

Of course.
There is an idea to change the bundle of ASUS RT-AC66U + Zyxel NSA310S (4TB screw) to a subject, because old devices can be sold more expensive than a subject, and ASUS and Ziksel are weaker in iron. The pixel was noisy without modification, AC wafer record 25-30mb \ s, and reading 30-40mb \ s, Transmission downloads torrents 7-8mb \ s and it sometimes slows down, and the subject seems to be cooler. Well, the main reason is the opportunity for a quarter of the price to take a new 6TB WD Caviar Red + from the subject, there will be 1 TB broom on the old computer.

I myself took it so that it was possible to watch rips of any size on the network, 50 GB of BDRemux pulls without any problems, besides, I needed autonomy from the computer, so as not to keep it turned on constantly. With the download of torrents, the subject is not so smooth, it downloads only small (up to 8 GB) files without problems, if something is large or from several files, it doesn’t download, and the download speed is lower than on the computer. So you have to download the computer, and then copy it to the router, since it’s not so long with gigabit Ethernet and its HDD.
Where is it cheaper to take a subject and are there more budget versions without a screw?
Where to get it - decide for yourself, it can be a little cheaper and with expectation - this is ali, you can go and buy in the store right now. Without a screw, it is not for sale.

What is the subject's file system?

The fact that the torrent is shitty is shaking, there is a software problem and it is a stock torrent-shaking, they are irrespective of the UG brand, you need to roll Transmission there and everything is cool at a speed and there are no problems with data volumes + the GUI for Windows is excellent (on poppies you can stupidly off.client use as a GUI for network transmission).

In general, I think a matter of time, because new device and custom, etc. No, yes, and software seems to be based on OpenWRT, but that's cool. Soon I think there will be custom with a good translation into the ENGLISH / RUS language + additional software, such as the same Transmission.

Post has been editedKryder - 26.10.15, 15:35

Kryder @ 10.26.2015, 15:32*
What is the subject's file system?
EXT4
Kryder @ 10.26.2015, 15:32*
The fact that the torrent is shitty is shaking, there is a software problem and it is a stock torrent-shaking, they are irrespective of the UG brand, you need to roll Transmission there and everything is cool at a speed and there are no problems with data volumes + the GUI for Windows is excellent (on poppies you can stupidly off.client use as a GUI for network transmission).

It’s necessary, I won’t do anything about it. The built-in client has an advantage - you can add downloads remotely using the mobile application or the xiaomi service, though only on ftp and magnet.

Well, for Transmission there is such softwarehttp://sourceforge.net/projects/transgui/for Win \ Mac \ Linux, in fact, a uTorrent-like shell, torrents are added and managed completely through software, while the NAS itself downloads, well, for Android there are a lot of analogues for remote adding / managing torrents.

I will probably order a subject today and I will look for buyers for the current hardware. :) Similar NAS + AC-router in terms of functionality and quality are 2-3 times more expensive, and the hardware is not bad here.

Post has been editedKryder - 26.10.15, 16:25

* Kryder,
Does it work without direct IP?

Serum @ 10.26.2015, 19:39*
Does it work without direct IP?

I.e? Locally, everything works, it is usually installed as a package, its IP address for accessing Transmisson is registered, and then either web or software. And I didn’t try it remotely via the Internet, I only use it inside the local network.

Rep: (2)
A Chinese man with a promise that there is an English. The firmware has thrown off the ROM 2.6.19. I haven’t found any information about this, but I really have English, but I don’t see any more changes.

* godsha,
What the hell? the web-muzzle is translated adequately by chrome - configured once and forgot

Rep: (2)
* Serum,
yes, but it’s nevertheless more pleasant to see understandable characters and a normally displayed page, and not formatted by a translator.
It is more interesting to me where this firmware came from, on the off.site and even in the Chinese forums I did not find any information (or not there I follow the development process). Is the Chinese himself numbered her and called stable? in dev versions there is a choice of language?

Post has been editedgodsha - 27.10.15, 01:21

I ordered a subject, with a coupon it turned out at 8600 rubles, it seems like an adequate price.

* Kryder,
For this money, you can order only a mediocre TP-link, without external hard.
* godsha,
Yes, nothing gets off there, it looks more than adequate.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/05/19, 10:50