MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | [wifirouter] Settings, help (2015 model)

Rep: (7)
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi (club)

Attached Image

One more photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU:BCM4709C Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.4GHz
  • ROM:512M SLC Nand Flash
  • RAM:256MB DDR3-1600
  • HDD:3.5 "1 TB or 6 TB SATA (Toshiba / Samsung) (exteranal SATA III)
  • 2.4G WiFi:2 * 2 (supports IEEE 802.11N protocol, the highest rate of up to 300Mbps)
  • 5G WiFi:2 * 2 (supporting the IEEE 802.11AC protocol, the highest rate of up to 867Mbps)
  • Antenna:External dual-band omnidirectional (2.4G maximum gain 4dBi, 5G maximum gain 6dBi)
  • Ports:1 WAN, 3 LAN - all 10/100 / 1000M ports (Auto MDI / MDIX)
  • USB:1 USB 2.0 (DC output: 5V / 1A)
  • Cooling:Active, specially designed cooling radiator and controlled low-profile low-speed fan
  • LED:- status indicator (tricolor: red, blue and yellow)
  • Buttons:- power button and reset button to factory settings
  • Nutrition:- 12V 3A for 1TB and 12V 3,5A for 6TB
  • Power Consumption:36W
  • Noise level:22dB (maximum 28dB)
  • Weight:1280g

Reviews
Instructions
Purchase
Firmware
KASTOMNYE FIRMWARE DOES NOT EXIST AT THIS MOMENT !!!
If you feel the strength and desire to develop them, please announce this in this forum thread and we will try to help in your work on the firmware.

Attached Image

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.24.10 (update 4 November 2016) - Attached Image

ROM 2.0 Developer Edition Version 2.23.160 (Update October 19, 2017) - Attached Image
Russian localization for firmware MiWiFi DEV 2.23.160 MiWiFi DEV 2.15.87RUS from galickijj
Localization Instructions
1. Install the firmware
2. We doROOT
3. After receiving the root, open the router via SFTP client, for example through WinSCP or FileZilla
4. Remount the file system into write mode with the command:
mount -o remount, rw /

5. Download the archive with localization and unpack it (to avoid possible problems, download the localization for your specific firmware version)
6. Copy the contents of the unpacked archive to the root folder of the router
7. Overload the router

Sets of localizations of firmware and Android clients from galickijj
here you can find not only old versions, but also new ones that are not yet available through the official website miwifi.com

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.6.19 (experimental firmware from Xiaomi with support for English) - Attached fileTB4709_r2d_all_2.6.19.zip (31.65 MB)
Switching between languages ​​occurs in the settings, there you can find a drop-down list with languages

Applications
The official version of the application -1.2.301
Xiaomi MiRouter 1.2.200, PC client for Xiaomi routers
For easy configuration, it is recommended to use Google Chrome, which will offer to translate pages from Chinese.
If Chrome itself does not offer, then after a right click in an empty area of ​​the page, a menu opens that has the item "Translate to Russian". Further, in the translation settings, you can select an English translation, as the Chinese-Russian direction is extremely crooked.

Post has been editedzumbi - 22.01.19, 10:06
Reason for editing: Solving the problem of visibility of a network drive on the latest updates of win 10

Rep: (0)
Good day everyone.

I decided to buy this device for the apartment and therefore there are a couple of questions

1) A lot of goods ordered from ebay. Oddly enough, now the price for this product is at least 10,800. And it is easier to buy in Russia at xiaomi-store.ru for 11 here already. But on aliexpress above I found a price for 8600. Are there any guarantees on aliexpress for shipping? Just paypal gives a guarantee about it.
2) Does it make sense to pay extra 3k and buy the 2015 version (R2D), rather than R1D?
3) As I understand it, there is no custom stable firmware with localization for R2D? I do not need much. If only there was localization, access from all devices and remote downloading of torrents

Rep: (36)
* mrthehavok
1. In my opinion, the risk of running into a fake or Russian post is much higher than the difference in price. I would take in a Russian store.
2. The new router has much better cooling, more powerful processor, more memory, there are full-fledged antennas. In addition, the R1D model is outdated morally.
3. Localization is provided by the built-in chrome - google translate, remote downloading of torrents is also present via magnet links.

Rep: (15)
Yesterday I received a router with Aliexpress
Unpackinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvb8o8Q3Go
I bought for 151 dollars.

The question immediately ripened. I connected the TV, I upload torrent through the program for the router. When I go from the TV to the router, the files that I downloaded are not updated. Shows those that were on the router before connecting the TV, but there are no new ones.
How to update data on a TV so that all files are displayed?

* shynk75
This is a question for the TV, because access to the files is via the SAMBA protocol. Any other technique (PCs, tablets) themselves update the list of files, or do it by the refresh button.

Rep: (10)
Serum @ 10/14/2015, 15:43*
This is a question for the TV, because file access is via SAMBA

only samba has nothing to do with it. TV is connected by dlna. try to look at the mobile client whether the length is enabled (enable .. disable it) you can also restart the router (available files may be updated). software reboot only (not via the button on the router)

Post has been editedJam777 - 14.10.15, 18:01

Someone tried to putMiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Firmwarethis firmware on our router? Is it possible to put it at all?

Rep: (11)
Someone tried to put MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Firmware for this firmware on our router? Is it possible to put it at all?

By reference, the first line shows the router model -R1d . We have the same model R 2 D. I would not risk putting, a great chance to get a brick.

Rep: (203)
Someone tried to put MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Firmware for this firmware on our router? Is it possible to put it at all?

Do not even think to do it. Everything there is different, starting with the bootloader.

Rep: (14)
Tell me what it is in the settings
Working mode switch
Operating mode between the router and the relay operating mode switch

Rep: (32)
* SpicyBoy switching modes: router - repeater

Rep: (0)
There is a question about wifi connection speed.
I'm going to put this device into a new apartment and put a telly through the wall. The distance from one to the other is no more than 6 meters.
Is it worth it to run an ethernet cable or wifi with the head will suffice for full HD and for online.
It is also possible in the near future will also be connected PS4

* mrthehavok
I bought this router for the sake of wi-fi speed, now any BDRemux (at least 50 GB) is quietly played over the network from the tablet.
BUT! if possible, I would stretch Ethernet, because today there is nothing more reliable and faster than this standard. A Wi-Fi channel may be clogged with third-party traffic (someone’s torrent download, streaming video) and in this case broadcasting on TV may lag if it is over Wi-Fi.

Rep: (11)
Russified client version 1.1.750 for Windows
Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

I did it for myself, inaccuracies are possible in the translation. The rules are the main dialog boxes that were available.
Install in the same way: "You need to copy over the original .exe, after installationoriginal customer."

-Russian translation fromTrackscream + my changes
-Changed the size of some dialogs so that the translation fits
-Font Arial

Version 1.1.750, translation from 10.16.2015
Attached fileMiRouter.exe(7.04 MB)
2C6890F029

* NanodiZ,
Added to the cap.

Tell me, is it possible to configure iptv on our router and how to do it?
For remote access, I used the instructions from the header, what login and password should I enter?
When watching on a TV, sometimes the video hangs, the router is connected to the TV via wifi behind the wall, what could it be connected with and how to overcome these slowdowns?

Shynk75 @ 10/18/2015, 11:21*
Tell me, is it possible to configure iptv on our router and how to do it?

I think that it is possible. Try reading the branch for the routerR1dThere are hardly any differences in customization. What is the general configuration, some kind of instruction from the provider?
For remote access, I used the instructions from the header, what login and password should I enter?

You must enter the username and password of your xiaomi account, if it is not, then you need to register, for example,here.
When watching on a TV, sometimes the video hangs, the router is connected to the TV via wifi behind the wall, what could it be connected with and how to overcome these slowdowns?

I wrote in this thread earlier, it is most reliable to connect via Ethernet. Slowing down can be the cause of a busy wi-fi network (someone downloads / distributes torrents), also changing the Wi-Fi channel can help you.

Also, changing the Wi-Fi channel can help you.

Tell me how to change the channel? Means switching 5 GHz? The TV does not support such a frequency.

Posted on 10/18/2015, 12:41:

Wrong question asked. Login and password in the program for remote access. For example in AndFtp

Shynk75 @ 10/18/2015, 12:41*
Tell me how to change the channel? Means switching 5 GHz? The TV does not support such a frequency.

Here:
Attached Image

Shynk75 @ 10/18/2015, 12:41*
Wrong question asked. Login and password in the program for remote access. For example in AndFtp

Worth asking inbranchprograms.

I chose Auto 7 on the screen. There is still a field in it, by default it costs 40m. Is it right or is something wrong?

Posted on 10/18/2015, 19:00:

I have Auto 4 by default. I still do not understand how to turn on 5GHz for a box

* shynk75
That's right, you can still select the range of 20-40 MHz. There are 13 channels in total, they are loaded to varying degrees, depending on which channel the routers at neighbors work on. The 5 GHz mode should support the equipment, if the TV is old, then of course this mode is not.
P.S. You can also choose the signal strength, the strongest wall.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/08/19, 21:55