MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | [wifirouter] Settings, help (2015 model)

Rep: (7)
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi (club)

Attached Image

One more photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU:BCM4709C Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.4GHz
  • ROM:512M SLC Nand Flash
  • RAM:256MB DDR3-1600
  • HDD:3.5 "1 TB or 6 TB SATA (Toshiba / Samsung) (exteranal SATA III)
  • 2.4G WiFi:2 * 2 (supports IEEE 802.11N protocol, the highest rate of up to 300Mbps)
  • 5G WiFi:2 * 2 (supporting the IEEE 802.11AC protocol, the highest rate of up to 867Mbps)
  • Antenna:External dual-band omnidirectional (2.4G maximum gain 4dBi, 5G maximum gain 6dBi)
  • Ports:1 WAN, 3 LAN - all 10/100 / 1000M ports (Auto MDI / MDIX)
  • USB:1 USB 2.0 (DC output: 5V / 1A)
  • Cooling:Active, specially designed cooling radiator and controlled low-profile low-speed fan
  • LED:- status indicator (tricolor: red, blue and yellow)
  • Buttons:- power button and reset button to factory settings
  • Nutrition:- 12V 3A for 1TB and 12V 3,5A for 6TB
  • Power Consumption:36W
  • Noise level:22dB (maximum 28dB)
  • Weight:1280g

Reviews
Instructions
Purchase
Firmware
KASTOMNYE FIRMWARE DOES NOT EXIST AT THIS MOMENT !!!
If you feel the strength and desire to develop them, please announce this in this forum thread and we will try to help in your work on the firmware.

Attached Image

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.24.10 (update 4 November 2016) - Attached Image

ROM 2.0 Developer Edition Version 2.23.160 (Update October 19, 2017) - Attached Image
Russian localization for firmware MiWiFi DEV 2.23.160 MiWiFi DEV 2.15.87RUS from galickijj
Localization Instructions
1. Install the firmware
2. We doROOT
3. After receiving the root, open the router via SFTP client, for example through WinSCP or FileZilla
4. Remount the file system into write mode with the command:
mount -o remount, rw /

5. Download the archive with localization and unpack it (to avoid possible problems, download the localization for your specific firmware version)
6. Copy the contents of the unpacked archive to the root folder of the router
7. Overload the router

Sets of localizations of firmware and Android clients from galickijj
here you can find not only old versions, but also new ones that are not yet available through the official website miwifi.com

ROM 2.0 stable version Version 2.6.19 (experimental firmware from Xiaomi with support for English) - Attached fileTB4709_r2d_all_2.6.19.zip (31.65 MB)
Switching between languages ​​occurs in the settings, there you can find a drop-down list with languages

Applications
The official version of the application -1.2.301
Xiaomi MiRouter 1.2.200, PC client for Xiaomi routers
For easy configuration, it is recommended to use Google Chrome, which will offer to translate pages from Chinese.
If Chrome itself does not offer, then after a right click in an empty area of ​​the page, a menu opens that has the item "Translate to Russian". Further, in the translation settings, you can select an English translation, as the Chinese-Russian direction is extremely crooked.

Post has been editedzumbi - 22.01.19, 10:06
Reason for editing: Solving the problem of visibility of a network drive on the latest updates of win 10

Rep: (3)
Figured out how to set the Moscow time zone, for this you need SSH access.
Next, go to the / etc / config / system file and edit it so that the following line appears in the corresponding line:
option timezone 'CST-3'

P.S. It seems that some kind of Krivoruk programmer found the belts to match the first read number, and the Iranian screened our time zone at 3:30.
P.P.S. In general, I advise you to rummage in the / etc / config directory to those who have hands from the right place, there are all the settings, maybe someone else will find something interesting. For example, I found the option to enable internationalization, but I, as I understand, have a choice of 3 languages ​​so far: Chinese, Taiwanese and Hong Kong: D

Rep: (2)
In connection with the discount on 11.11 I would like to buy this unit. Now there is an old TL-WR1043ND still the first version and there are some problems on it, plus I have long wanted a router with a torrent rocking chair. Well, let's move on to what is needed:
1. The most important thing for this device is a stable rocking job. I understand there is a Transmission, but no one has painted it pulls a lot of downloads at the same time with a large size. I prefer to watch movies and TV shows in 1080p and their size sometimes reaches 50 GB, or even more. Plus, I have friends who live in a hostel and ask to download a lot of everything.
2. No less important than the first, is working on TV. There are LG and Samsung, and so Samsung often loses the network when watching online movies, but LG didn’t have such problems, besides there is a SAMSUNG DC, which also ends. The second point is the ForkPlayer widget, on LG it only works through the change of DNS. Will there be problems in the future with this? I want a stable job ForkPlayer and network storage.
3. The old router, no matter how bad it was, beat the signal far, although its power leaves much to be desired, he beat 150 meters outside and did not pass two concrete walls in the room. Someone has already asked a question, but still there are some approximate indicators of coverage and comparison with competitors? Also, many speaker routers are much weaker than the N standard, how is this model doing?
4. It is necessary to start a Canon MF3010 printer via USB, does anyone have any experience connecting this type of printer, not necessarily a Canon?
5. Behind the wall I have neighbors with whom I share wifi for free, although I have my own benefit in this. So, how are things going with the guest network, namely speed limits, or the separation of priorities. It is also interesting to monitor the connected devices up to how much traffic they consume, for what period and if restrictions are imposed on it.
6. I read in this thread that you can configure and monitor the router through the phone applications. The question is how it happens on iOS, since nobody uses the androids in my family?

Hope to help me with an explanation. And while I’m going to dig info on the Internet, I really liked it, I hope the reviews will not disappoint.

* Residentx,
  1. I estimate the work of transmission at 7/10, it is easy to download several heavy files at once, it distributes around the clock, while no glitches that were in the old version of the router are observed. CPU load is moderate even with active download / distribution. Only if a previously uploaded file is slipped, the transmission checks it and the processor is fully loaded, but even in this case there are no glitches, all web muzzles open regularly.
  2. I have no idea how the router can affect the work of the smart-tv, then someone wrote about the glitches of unknown origin with some TV, he was offered to change the DNS, but he never unsubscribed, helped or not.
  3. GHz will not beat far due to the laws of physics, but nobody forbids using the 2.4 GHz frequency if necessary?
  4. It is unlikely to succeed, we need drivers, drivers need to be compiled under the router's hardware. I myself now deal with the utility of building packages for our router, but so far without much success, there is little information in the net, and the fact that there is in Chinese, and Linux I am not as strong as I would like.
  5. Yes, all these possibilities are there.
  6. There is an application for iOS.

Rep: (0)
Bought yesterday R2D. Long hesitated between him and asus RT-AC68u. I took in the “official” xiaomi store in Moscow time, the router looked like a new one, but some pioneers were already digging into it, the binding was made and passwords were set. A 10 second reset helped, everything seems to have been reset and untied (although I am not sure about the decoupling at 100%). After that, it seems tied to his account in xiaomi. Firmware updated to the latest 2.8.14. While a bit annoying Chinese ...
The write speed of the cable is 67-83 MB / s. The speaker pleases within 3 meters around the router, at a distance of 5 meters and 2 concrete walls - the good old Ubiquti UniFi works much better (I will leave it as the main WiFi).
I put a time machine from my mobile, a MacBackup disk appeared under MacOS, you will need a login and password to connect to it.
Only the reboot of the router helped and only then did the mobile application have the opportunity to set them. Time machine has earned ...

* Hawkruss I changed the day, but it's useless. In the AppStore for application reviews in Chinese. If there is a firmware in English, do you really want to translate it into English, and translate a prog into different languages? I also forgot to ask how the muzzle works, are there many bugs, is it easy to use?

Found the best deal onAliexpress, and most importantly, the seller is proven with good reviews, can someone come in handy. It's a shame that there is free delivery to Russia, but not to Moldova.

* Residentx,
Try to put the application for iOS and check, maybe there is English there.
The muzzle works without lags, but it is unpretentious, there is nothing special to lay there.

Posted 11/08/2015, 00:17:

Residentx @ 11/08/2015, 00:51*
Found the best deal on AliExpress

Mdaaa, without a discount so-so price. I took the same money in the xiaomi store in Moscow.

Who can share a link to the instruction how to put a torrent rocking chair on our router?

and tell who is watching the content from the router on the TV?
for ios / android there is a miwifi application, and what about a smart TV with TVs ??

Posted 11/08/2015, 00:27:

Residentx @ 11/07/2015, 10:09 PM*
* Hawkruss I changed the day, but it's useless. In the AppStore for application reviews in Chinese. If there is a firmware in English, do you really want to translate it into English, and translate a prog into different languages? I also forgot to ask how the muzzle works, are there many bugs, is it easy to use?

I have an application on ios and android, all the basic functions and settings in English
Only their store is in Chinese, but this is not relevant to us.

Posted 11/08/2015 00:31:

* Residentx,
  1. I estimate the work of transmission at 7/10, it is easy to download several heavy files at once, it distributes around the clock, while no glitches that were in the old version of the router are observed. CPU load is moderate even with active download / distribution. Only if a previously uploaded file is slipped, the transmission checks it and the processor is fully loaded, but even in this case there are no glitches, all web muzzles open regularly.
  2. I have no idea how the router can affect the work of the smart-tv, then someone wrote about the glitches of unknown origin with some TV, he was offered to change the DNS, but he never unsubscribed, helped or not.
  3. GHz will not beat far due to the laws of physics, but nobody forbids using the 2.4 GHz frequency if necessary?
  4. It is unlikely to succeed, we need drivers, drivers need to be compiled under the router's hardware. I myself now deal with the utility of building packages for our router, but so far without much success, there is little information in the net, and the fact that there is in Chinese, and Linux I am not as strong as I would like.
  5. Yes, all these possibilities are there.
  6. There is an application for iOS.

tried naznyh dns'y, but the problem was not solved on two TVs
on samsung put third-party applications for online movie sites and it helped
And the web browser has trouble

Flad.Solo.View @ 08.11.2015, 01:31*
Who can share a link to the instruction how to put a torrent rocking chair on our router

In the hat.
Flad.Solo.View @ 08.11.2015, 01:31*
tried naznyh dns'y, but the problem was not solved on two TVs

Browse the files in the / etc / system directory, I saw there some manually-written IP and DNS for certain Chinese resources. It would also be nice to know where your telly is trying to break in order to make a trace and understand what is flowing on.

By the way, the memory in it is 256MB DDR3 RAM, not 512, correct it in the characteristics in the header

• - 512 (?) MB DDR3 RAM (1600 MHz)

Or someone 512 shows?

Rep: (339)
* Kris123t,
512 for more capacious versions

Mdaaa, without a discount so-so price. I took the same money in the xiaomi store in Moscow.

$ 135 is generally a penny for such a device. There is no cheaper Internet anywhere. The main thing that onto my expectations.
How often do official firmwares come to it and is there any support from the previous generation to know what will happen to it.

Rep: (339)
* Residentx,
yes yes. you haven't and others have been cheaper in the month before
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion (Post ntosh11 # 44066904)

Post has been editedntosh11 - 08.11.15, 12:42

* Residentx,
The support of the routers is the same, the hardware is similar, the firmware comes out often, the customers too. I do not think that with the support something will change, because these routers are the key element of xiaomi smart home.

Rep: (1)
There is a functional issue:

Can this router hold several VPN tunnels from the box and estimate some of the data through them?

Those. at my home the Internet itself goes: by LAN via PPPoE.
I want to make a VPN tunnel (PPTP ideally openVPN) and prescribe that all traffic to a specific IP / subnet goes through this tunnel and further through my Internet.
In an even greater ideal, such tunnels could be a couple, on different subnets.

My old zyxel Keenetic puffing basically holds one PPTP with sufficient speed. But I want to have wifi-AC at 5ghz, and this is just the top asus, which will be more expensive.

Post has been editedthanby - 08.11.15, 21:01

Rep: (22)
And where is the infa that 6TB version of 512 MB operatives? Where not google, everywhere 256 mb RAM and 512 mb ROM, perhaps because of this, the tracker turned out. But it would not be so bad, it would be possible to solder a memory bank and get 256 MB.

Rep: (15)
Can you tell if the TV can see the subfolders, the fact is that when downloading torrents with a built-in rocking chair, they are saved in the дё‹иЅЅ folder (can you rename it while still working), but if there is another folder in this folder, then the box does not see this subfolder .

Council If you put the firmware 2.6.19 ENG from the header, select English and format the hard drive - folders with hieroglyphs in the root of the repository turn into normal English.

Rep: (15)
And with subfolders how can I solve it?

Tell me who has a router, does the screw go to sleep when not in use or always thresh?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/25/19 6:29 PM