Samsung Gear S2 - Discussion | Smart watches, 1.2, 360x360, Tizen

Rep: (275)
Samsung Gear S2 - Discussion
Attached ImageSM-R7200 / SM-R7320
Attached Image

Gear s2 on devdb | Discussions | Samsung Gear S ⌚ ➲➲ | Samsung Gear S2 ⌚ | Samsung Gear S3 ⌚➲➲ | Programs and dials Gear S2 / S3 ☍➲➲
Picture
In the subject are all Forum Rules | Rules section "Wearable electronics"
before asking a question we read
  • Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • Help make the branch cleaner and more useful! Use the buttonsPictureandPicturefor posting evaluation. For posts with a rating below zero will be given special attention.
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
price / software version / description / specifications / firmware
Current price in Russia today ≈14 500₽ and 17 000₽ for classic
at the start of sales21 000₽and24 000₽for Classic
Current firmware version for SM-R732 (Classic) R732XXU2EPK5, for SM-R720 - R720XXU2EPK5
Samsung Gear 2.2.17022862 and Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.17032461

description
An elegant and stylish Gear S2 watch with a durable stainless steel case perfectly fits the wrist. You can easily change the dial and bracelets to look perfect in any situation.
Thanks to the creative alliance of Samsung with Alessandro Mendini, the Gear S2 design embodies the taste, style and color sense of the great master.
In a wide assortment of dials and bracelets, you will definitely find those that emphasize your impeccable style.
All the most necessary functions of the smartphone are activated on the Gear S2 with simple movements. Turning the frame, look through the long letters, zoom in on the map and move on to the new composition. Now every turn is always for the better!
Gear S2 helps you take care of your health. Track daily activity, heart rate, and water and caffeine intake. Encouraging messages will reach new heights.
To recharge, simply place the device on a wireless charging station.
A wide range of great applications for Gear S2 watches will make them even more convenient. Short runs, long journeys and the safety of your home are all under control.
Your favorite music is always with you! You can store up to 300 songs, easily synchronizing them with your smartphone - even if you are going for a run and left it at home. All you need is the Gear S2 and Level U Bluetooth headsets.
Specification
Attached ImageAttached Image
Equipment
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Compatible smartphones
The Gear S2 device mates with Samsung smartphones running Android 4.3 or later with a RAM size of at least 1.5 GB.Samsung Smartphones

The Gear S2 device mates with third-party smartphones running Android 4.4 or later OS with at least 1.5 GB of RAMThird-party smartphones

• Use the Samsung Gear app to pair your smartphone with the Gear S2.
  • Compatibility of smartphones and the availability of certain functions depend on the region, the operator and the devices themselves. (* Tablets are not supported.)
  • The list above is based on Samsung's internal tests conducted prior to the specified date, and is subject to change without notice. Samsung does not guarantee the performance of the Gear S2 device with all of the above compatible devices.

Attached Image
Additional Images
To view a 3D image, click on the picture.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Firmware and everything related to them
Additional Information
useful links
Applications / Dials
Samsung Gear S2 FAQ
Attached Image

If you have found an inaccuracy or have any add-ons, write to the curator of the topic

Question:Will Samsung Pay work for me?
Answer:
Yes, in any version of watches for any market. If the US version is SM-R730 / 735, then it will work immediately out of the box. If the SM-R720 / 732 is neededreflashthen payment will be available
Question:Power consumption hours
Answer:
Considering the survey of the participants of this forum thread, power consumption is as follows:
I use the maximum all-inclusive - a day and a half
Everything is off except Bluetooth - two days or more
Question:How to connect to a smartphone in which less than 1.5GB of RAM?
Answer:
Readhere.
Question:the clock shows the wrong time
Answer:
  1. Remove auto detection and manually set the time and belt on the phone.
  2. if it does not help, then choose a different time zone, then return your own.
  3. If you need to add a belt +11 (or another one that is not supported), you need to put a time synchronization program, the belt will appear.

Question:How to connect the watch to the iphone?
Answer:
install gear manager on iphone
  1. Download the Gear Manager Beta byreference
  2. Connect iPhone to computer
  3. Open the downloaded file to launch iTunes.
  4. Sync iPhone with PC
  5. Select the Gear S3 app and install it on iPhone
  6. Open “Settings” on the iPhone, go to the “Basic” menu and open the “Profiles” section or “Profiles and Controls”. device. "
  7. Then you will see the developer profile under the heading "Corporate Program".
  8. Confirm use of Samsung certificate
  9. Make a full reset of Gear S2 or Gear S3
  10. Turn on Bluetooth and connect your watch to your iPhone using the Gear Manager app.
Vidosikhow it all works on the example of S2
infafrom here
Question:How to connect the clock to the computer?
Answer:
Question:And there is a speaker in the clock, i.e. can they take a call and call?
Answer:
It is possible, if the watch is from America, versions 730 and 735. There is no speaker in the Russian watch, only the ability to accept / reject the call, including with a pre-installed SMS message (you need to talk on a smartphone or headset)
thanks to everyone (for 48 thousand answers to this question)
Question:Does the watch monitor sleep?
Answer:
Yes, with SHeals synchronized
Question:Where can I see if automatic pulse metering is enabled?
Answer:
In hours =>Applications =>SHeals =>(twist to the end) settings =>auto pulse detection =>you look at what it is worth and turn it on as needed (better off)
Question:Can I take a picture (screenshot) of the screen on the clock?
Answer:
You can take a screenshot of the screen. On page 38 instructions description.
“Press and hold the Home screen key and swipe to the right. The created screenshots can be viewed in the Gallery menu Thank you (Stealexe)
Question:can I charge my watch with a wireless charger from my phone
Answer:
No, charging will not work either from the phone or from the refrigerator, only the charger for Gear S2 or Gear S3.
Question:The developer sent me a coupon for the purchase of a dial (program) how to use it?
Answer:
Very simple,watch this video
Question:I replaced the phone (made a complete reset of the phone) but he didn’t untie his watch, what should I do?
Answer:
If you have made a complete reset of the smart, but have not untied the watch for youherethanksuuuperbizon
Question:how to pull wgt from the clock?
Answer:
Question:How to flash a watch?
Answer:
instructionthanks to the firmwaretadasic
Question:I downloaded the dial (program for hours) how to install it in the watch?
Answer:
Youhere
Question:How to make a hard reset?
Answer:
  1. Turn off your Gear S2.
  2. Press and hold the key.
  3. Press the Home key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  4. Press the Home key.
  5. Keep holding the Home key until the Gear S2 begins rebooting.

1. Turn off your Gear S2
  2. Press and hold the Home button until the reboot process is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Press the Home button several times until the restart selection menu is displayed.
  4. Press the home button to select Restore, then hold the Home button.
  5. Keep holding the Home button until Gear S2 reboots.

FAQ on the topic will be updated as questions become available.

Accesories for Samsung Gear S2
Why deleted my post?
1. All posts violating the FORUM RULES and the RULES of behavior in the TOPIC -will be deleted without warning.
2. Messages like "Thank you, we will check now", "Hooray, everything turned out", etc. -will be deleted without warning.
3. Questions, the answer to which is directly given in the header, as well as the answers to these questions -will be deleted without warning or explanation.
4. Comments on answers like: “I do the same” or “I do the same” -will be deleted without warning or explanation.
5. Thank you posts like “Thank you!” -deleted without explanation. The forum has a system of reputation change, an additional plus to the author’s reputation is better than the text “Thank you”.
6. Duplicate questions for which no answers (solutions) were found -will be deleted without warning, if someone knows how to solve the problem, he will definitely share.
Thank you for understanding.

Post has been editedKenny - 18.07.19, 00:07
Reason for editing: Added "Useful link"

Rep: (270)
Firmware and everything related to them
Firmware

Post has been editedweber666 - 15.03.17, 14:41
Reason for editing: Updated apps for connecting non-Samsung smartphones

Rep: (105)
Comparison with Apple Watchhttp://youtu.be/GsJNyDf1B9k
Video from hi-techhttps://youtu.be/7UOqy3AMz9g
One moreoverviewin Russian
Video from Droyder

Rep: (275)
I watched the video from Droyder.
Standard keyboard, frankly, too small.
But the bezel rotates like freely, without much effort.

I give the idea and sketch to the developers - input with a bezel.
Modes - T9 or character.
At the top of the screen, swipe right - send, left - cancel, up / down - scrolling, tap - positioning the cursor.
At the bottom of the screen, the bezel is a key switch, tapas are a change / selection of a symbol in T9.
Swap at the bottom - switching input modes, language, etc. Long tap - enter settings.
In general, something like this.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been edited4r2na - 09.09.15, 08:47

Rep: (105)
Video from Murtazina

Rep: (60)
A little about Gear 2
https://youtu.be/oAnp53CIkAg
They will fully work with any smartphones on the Androyd. This is probably good.
And watch themselves are as fast as everyone else ...

Rep: (69)
* Angolov,
I watched one in the subway with an iphone and a miscarriage on my hand.
While driving on his read / answered a few sms, looked at the map of the subway, choosing music tracks.
He didn’t let out an iphone from his hands, and AW never even didn’t turn on the time by a gesture, didn’t show, and in the phone he seemed to be choosing music only, but not from the clock.
No, he did not surf, did not correspond, but stupidly held him in his hands.

An elderly man also in the subway, seeing that I was doing some kind of manipulation with the clock, came up and asked, “Is this an epl?”, Holding IN HANDS 6+
I said no, and he has to wait for them for another six months ...
In any other case, the person asked - "what is it?", But no, he heard the answer that it was not a stub and that was enough for him.

Patterns speak?

P.S. No one has canceled the bluetooth headset yet, especially since they are now working with several devices at once. But it’s not always convenient to walk with them. But this is also one of the levels of freedom for a smartphone, like a smart watch.
For example, on a bicycle, I had to completely stop to get the phone from the mounts on the steering wheel. With the clock is not necessary. It’s inconvenient to drive with a headset, it “whistles” with the wind, and it’s also dangerous with a stereo.
minus the moral tone

Post has been editedStealexe - 08.10.15, 14:12

Rep: (4)
I will continue about the cut off functionality of Samsung Gear S2. I rolled back all my Wishlist about this watch upon learning that there is no speakerphone. I do not need a watch with a sim.
Personally, I have a lot of options for using talk by the hour (gear2):
1. There is no speakerphone in the car, and even when I am a passenger, it is more convenient for me to answer from the watch.
2. I don’t have any special secrets to work, I constantly talk on the speakerphone from the clock.
3. An urgent call from someone else may find anywhere, for example, in the toilet, on the bus, for meals, washing dishes, hands, etc. type - "hands in oil, soap, bezine ...".
4. Someone calls: "Where are you?" When will you be? "
5. At the cottage in the house, constantly during all sorts of different cases, I go and speak by the hour.
6. When I do not have time (mood) to talk (disconnecting a call or a phone is not an option), some of my friends, clients, etc. call reset will be like a blow to the face — a short conversation like: “Busy, then I will call you back”, (sms do not roll, personal contact is always important in people’s communication) will allow you to respect the other party.
I will not continue to continue, the sea is huge. I don't need a smart watch without a speakerphone. “Suum cuique” is the correct phrase in itself. There is nothing to argue about.

Post has been editedcfif65 - 08.10.15, 14:27

Rep: (60)
https://youtu.be/u7TwaaEjTVE
Enchanting review from Murtazin in every sense.
According to the principle - let's work out with me (during the review) ....

Rep: (62)
Headphones give as a replacement for the dynamics in the clock))) I slowed down with the idea of ​​buying S2 because of the speaker. Very often I use the speakerphone, by the way, and in situations with bags too, and there are a million situations like this (two leashes with dogs, wet, dirty hands, taxiing in a car with a manual transmission and without BT, when you repair something when you climb the stairs somewhere - I can bring endlessly when it is really convenient)

The sound of level u for BT headphones is normal, comfortable, I would like a distance more and with gear fit there is a bug (my wife has all this equipment) - if you turn on notifications and on level and gear fit for some reason, then the battery of the smartphone lands 2 times faster, I hope with s2 there will not be such a problem, and they will do just that for her, but I will try to change the S1 warranty and have to sit on them and continue

Now the most important problems: when ours will master the electronic sim and when other colors of s2 classic will appear ...

Post has been editedShurik! - 12.10.15, 09:06

Rep: (5)
Here is the pre-order:http://nosimo.ru/Preor...tm_campaign=12102015im
I liked the watch. I'll screw it up in my hands and maybe take it.
Although I really liked the comment: “My personal opinion, manufacturers simply did not correctly position these devices initially, why do they say that this is a“ watch ”? Maybe the very young generation will absorb this, but for people at least a little older,” the watch “- it’s something else and I, for example, will never exchange my regular watch for some“ smart. ”But I would not mind having a“ smart bracelet ”on my other hand that would wake me with vibration in the morning, would remind me of anything, I would display SMS on a small simple display ... I would also notify about anything that happens to my smartphone that’s in my pocket (maybe the battery is running out?), then you need to instill it first as a fashion, and then as a standard for wearing - the thing is that it's somehow customary to wear a watch on your left hand, but if it’s more convenient for someone on the right, then this is also normal, but still, as a standard, on the left ... but if you see a person with two watches on one hand, or one watch on each hand, not only that it will be very conspicuous, duck someone will poke a finger, and acquaintances will get the question "what the hell?" .... and so would I I would love to wear on the second hand small smart bracelet .... not a pedometer, and more approximate to something "smart watches" ... but watch the photo she to them? Well, this is a debilitism to mine ..... In general, you need to change the concept, you can’t call them watches, everyone will compare them with watches and so these devices are trying to replace real watches - but why? can just tell everyone that this device can be worn with a regular watch paired? And those who don’t wear a regular watch can leave it as their only device ... "(originalhttp: //www.mobile-revi...sung-gear-s2-fl.shtml)

Post has been editedSabrina007 - 13.10.15, 12:13

Rep: (242)
Sabrina007 @ 10/13/2015 10:57*
Why do they say it is a "clock"?

But what if it’s not a clock !? the clock shows the time - the device data does it. Plus there’s a lot more that they can do. the fact that they know how to display photos does not mean that you must use it (do you use all the functions of a smart every day?). On the plus side, not everyone is prone to wear a regular watch. For example, I don’t wear an ordinary watch and have no desire, but I like to wear a device with a function, including a watch. And who needs an external style, they can choose a watch from Moto or Huawei (they look very cool). Now I go with watches on android Wear. I want to try taizen)

Rep: (69)
Sabrina007 @ 10/13/2015 10:57*
Although I really liked the comment:

How can you trust a person who can not remove the review?37 minutes chewing snot!This is the longest and most stupid review I've ever seen. Another would have blinked for 6 minutes, and would be enough for the series of the series. It was possible to state everything in 5.
And now, too, I could not bring an extremely simple idea; -
A mechanical watch is an accessory that should show not time, but position in society. And as with all status things, the principle is the more expensive and useless, the steeper.
Smart watches contradict the definition of an accessory, too many functions, and a black screen will not give that ponta as platinum hands.
The fact that it stated that a smart watch should not be called a watch ...
It's like to say, I have a sports car - fast and powerful, so all the other sedans, Hatchbacks, jeeps, crossovers, etc., cannot be called cars. Well, is not it nonsense?
I think it's time for Murzik to change jobs. Such unprofessionalism must also be searched.

Post has been editedStealexe - 13.10.15, 12:03

Rep: (2)
Sabrina007 @ 10/13/2015 07:57*
Here is the pre-order:http://nosimo.ru/Preor...tm_campaign=12102015im
you can’t call them watches, everyone will compare them with watches and thus these devices try to replace the real watches with themselves - but why? Can you just tell everyone that this device can be worn with a regular watch in a pair? And those who do not wear ordinary watches, they can, and as the only device left on the hand ... "(originalhttp: //www.mobile-revi...sung-gear-s2-fl.shtml)

I have already pushed out the usual hours 1.5 years ago))

Rep: (25)
* infinity16RUS,
And so what you come from the phone? So you need to direct confusion if your phone can not correctly display the site? Claim that the site has no pre-order? I, like many here, also come from the phone.
And this is not a conclusion but a statement of your actions. However, "measure seven times ..." is not visible about you. Yes, and I do not poke, right. I know how and what to do without your advice.

* Scorp125
In terms of size and appearance, I tend to be a classic, although there is something in ordinary too. The only thing that worries the classic is the glossy case. It seems that this paint will scratch and peel off at times. Here we must wait for the start of sales and shuffle ...

Rep: (3)
I am also in doubt. I can not decide, a classic or "sport". As far as I know, there is IP68, that is, you can swim in the pool. But with the classics it will not work, because leather strap ..

The style of clothes is medium, of course I don’t wear a suit, but I don’t even dissect it in summer shorts.

Someone saw the reviews to equate the classic and non-classic?

* grigor1z
Swim is unlikely. Manufacturers do not recommend swimming with any smart watches. You can take a shower, wash your hands. Maximum short-term dive to a depth of 1 m. And something tells me that on holiday on the sea in salt water with a clock is generally better not to go ...

For me, the advantages of the regular version are a fresh, sporty appearance, not glossy, the bezel is smooth and does not stand out from the watch case. The advantages of the classics are interchangeable straps, smaller dimensions with the same screen size. but the classic is glossy, the teeth on the bezel in my opinion spoil the look and the price is 5k more. I still lean towards the dark gray ones.
By the way, as far as I understand, the watch does not charge from other QI charges (for example, from SGS6), but sorry

Post has been editedScorp125 - 14.10.15, 20:58

Rep: (4)
How are things with the iPhone support?
They write "limited functionality" - but there is a decoding what is meant by this?

77fil @ 10/15/2015 08:31*
Does Android Weah generally know how to make calls by the hour?

The question was asked in that topic (here, all the same, the clock is not discussed on AW). And the question is not clear - what do you mean by "make calls"? You can initiate, accept and reject a call, but you cannot speak in them (in the hours on AW) and listen to the interlocutor. Although they write that the new models (Huawei and Asus of the second generation) have a microphone, but so far it is not involved (the same story was with the WI-FI module, which was used by the update later). So in the future I think there will be an opportunity

Posted on 10/15/2015 08:41 AM:

panKosek @ 10/15/2015, 08:32*
How are things with the iPhone support?
They write "limited functionality" - but there is a decoding what is meant by this?

no voice commands at least.

Post has been editedScorp125 - 15.10.15, 08:44

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/03/19, 17:39