29.08.15, 12:14
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1742
Check in: 29.07.08
Apple iPhone 6s

Discussion of gaming on tablets based onIntel Cherry Trail

The Cherry Trail platform is a follower of the Bay Trail platform, in comparison with the original, it has higher performance, less chip area and better process technology. Currently, there are several tablets based on this platform - the minimum diagonal starts at 7 inches.Four physical cores, relatively high performance, scanty power consumption and heat dissipation, compatibility with x86-64 architecture and much more - make them very interesting solutions for portable gaming. The performance of the chips varies depending on the specific model and a number of gaming nuances, on average - this is plus 30-100% of the performance relative to Bay Trail. GPUCherry trail, has a performance level aspiring to the Intel HD4000, and is fully capable of runningmost modern games(Of course, at the minimum graphics settings), as well as almostall modern games "indie" genre. Of course, the tablet is able to run older game projects, often in native resolution, and graphics settings that are different from the minimum ones.

ThisTheme created to collect the results of testing games, tips on optimizing gaming performance, as well as applications fortestingcertaingaming applications(if you do not have an independent opportunity).

Templatefor test results (kindly requested to use this template.)
[SIZE = 2] [U] The name of the game: [/ U] ...
[U] Short description: [/ U] ...
[U] Tablet on which the game was tested: [/ U] ...
[U] Processor Model and RAM: [/ U] ...
[U] in-game screen resolution: [/ U] ...
[U] Graphics Settings: [/ u]
[U] Gestureworks Gameplay support: [/ U] ...
[U] FPS in the game: [/ U] ...
[U] Touch support: [/ U] ...
[U] Screenshots: [/ U] [SPOILER] ... [/ SPOILER]
[U] From myself: [/ U] ... [/ SIZE]

Gaming Performance Optimization Tipson tablet
  • 0) On some tablets based on the Cherry Trail platform, you will certainly come across throttling (for example, on Teclast 98 PRO). As soon as the tablet warms up to a certain temperature, the automation resets the frequency of the CPU and GPU, and turns off some cores. On the tablets of the Bay Trail series, they were treated by setting the BIOS, and setting a higher temperature for the protection threshold. In this chipset, it is most likely treated in a similar way. I will check - I will add.
  • 1) The Achilles heel of a number of devices on the Cherry Trail is a small amount of RAM (not relevant for versions with 4GB). Given the rather voracious Windows 8, as well as the fact that the Chery Trail GPU does not have dedicated memory (it devours from RAM to gigabytes), gaming performance will often rest against the lack of RAM. Out of RAM = access to the paging file = terrible brakes. For this reason, try during the game - do not have running background tasks that are not related to the game.
  • 2) Razer Game Booster. Use. One click application closes many non-game related tasks, services, which frees up precious RAM resources.
  • 3) In the settings of the GPU driver, force the performance mode.
  • 4) Launch games from the EMMC embedded in the tablet. Running from an SD card (due to the fact that it is slower) can reduce gaming performance. This will be especially noticeable on the boot screens.
  • 5) Fresh drivers for chipset, GPU, fresh DirectX.
  • 6) Set high performance in power settings.
  • 7) The possibility of overclocking Chery Trail - at the moment does not exist. If it appears, add instructions.
  • 8) Graphics settings. Make sure that they are translated to the minimum values. If after this the FPS is too high, first of all try to increase the quality of the textures and models. These settings are paramount in improving image quality. If the performance is not enough even with the minimum graphics settings, you will have to reduce the output resolution of the image in the game, up to 640 * 480. The problem was very relevant for Bay Trail, but, unfortunately, in many cases relevant for Cherry Trail.
  • 9) Many games have fashion, in particular - adding the ability to choose Ultra Low graphics level. For example, in the case of the famous game Skyrim, the mod is called Genesis Skyrim Performance Config. Fortunately, the chipset is quite capable of launching this game with an acceptable FPS at HD resolution.
  • 10) d3d overrider + forced activation of triple buffering. I did not check, but judging by the comments, it often increases FPS in games quite strongly.
  • 11) In the desktop settings, turn off the transparency (classic style) of the windows.
  • 12) Want to get + 25% FPS on Teclast x98 PRO? Modify the cooling system -link
  • 13) Throttle Stop. I have not tried it, but there are many positive reviews and instructions on the Internet. In some cases - decently raises FPS.

Worth knowing
  • GestureWorks Gameplay is a wonderful software, which the owners of UMPC touchscreens have long dreamed of. The program allows you to impose a virtual joystick on top of the playing field. Also, through this program, you can customize the control of the game with gestures, and an accelerometerMusthave.
  • Overwolf Touch Controller is a promising and free analogue of the previous software.
  • Anyway, not all games are comfortable to play from the touch screen, and carrying the keyboard, mouse and gamepad with you is more awkward. There is a solution, albeit a Chinese one, but a rather high quality one - the Mini K6. It went down, it costs with delivery about a thousand rubles. This small device connects to the tablet via the built-in wireless interface (ie, physically, nothing needs to be connected to the tablet). At the same time, the device combines a keyboard, mouse, and gamepad with analog sticks (as well as a flashlight and a laser). The device keys have a built-in backlight.Musthave.
  • Want to turn your tablet into a full-fledged portable console? Congratulations, there is a solution, google Ipega PG-9023.
  • For many games that do not support widescreen image output, you can find the corresponding HD patches.
  • Some games insist on a connected keyboard. Can be circumvented bythis onehere are the drivers.
  • Not all games allow us to set the screen resolution convenient for us. Can be circumvented bythis onelauncher
  • Games that run on the Intel Atom Z2760 and older processor versions, on the Cherry Trail simply fly. Actual for all games running on Bay Trail.
  • To search for the desired game, enter its name in the search bar at the top of the page.
  • Another one "onscreen keyboard"
  • We kindly ask you to use the search before asking for testing or posting the game.
  • References to warez, of course, are prohibited.
  • A list of proven games.For the selectionthank you Mastersmit.
  • List of Windows games, with native and near-support support for Touch controls (you can play either immediately or by using the toch mouse pointer)
  • The way to force the installation of a more recent version of the driver for the GPU (relevant for devices that the manufacturer does not already support)

List of Bay Trail and Chery Trail tested games

Attention! The topic is only a discussion of gaming. Selection and Comparisonhere. Offtop is removed without warning. Particularly persistent punishment awaits.

Moderators section Computers and Peripherals.

Post has been editedCooler3D - 10.01.16, 22:16
Buarsil
Message#2
31.08.15, 17:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 376
Check in: 20.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

Game Name:Planetside 2
  • Short description: MMO shooter with huge cards and constantly going war.
  • Tablet on which the game was tested: Surface 3 (in fact - no, see for yourself)
  • The screen resolution in the game: 1024 * 768
  • Graphics Settings: All Minimum
  • Textures: ...
  • Shadows: ...
  • Smoothing: ...

• FPS in the game:<15
  • Sensor support: no
  • Screenshots: ...
  • From myself: I tested the game on Surface Pro 2 with a much more powerful i5 4200u - fps did not even rise above 12 at the test site. Atom and speech cannot be Not playable.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.09.15, 20:35
Reason for editing: corrected code
mrBIOS
Message#3
13.09.15, 22:42
Local
[offline]

Messages 222
Check in: 19.08.06
Xiaomi Mi 5S 3/64

My post disappeared somewhere (((((

If anyone has a Cherry trail please check out the following games!

Gothic III
Risen
Diablo iii

thank you in advance.

--------------------
Saving planet Earth from overheating. I have a complete theoretical basis for avoiding this. Need help interested.
LOrdDEaTh
Message#4
27.09.15, 10:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 294
Check in: 16.01.06
Apple iPhone Xs

* mrBIOS,

Game Name:Diablo iii
  • Short description:
  • Tablet on which the game was tested: Teclast X98 Pro
  • The screen resolution in the game: 800x600, 1024x768
  • Graphics Settings: Minimum
  • Textures: Minimum
  • Shadows: Off
  • Smoothing: Off
  • FPS in the game: 25+
  • Sensor support: Touch works, but with a mouse more convenient.
  • From myself: In full screen mode, the game does not want to work for some strange reason. There is sound, but there is no image. Therefore, you have to run in a full screen window.
    The tablet copes with the specified permissions. FPS did not measure, but it is quite acceptable. I tried to run it in my native resolution (2048x1536), it becomes rather bad (somewhere around 10 fps).
    Right hereThere is even a video with the process of the game.
Cooler3D
Message#5
02.10.15, 03:56
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1742
Apple iPhone 6s

NEWS

All who waited for an inexpensive, compact 8 inch device on Windows for games - congratulations, Onda v820w ch (on Cherry Trail) went on sale. In terms of performance, it is approximately twice as fast as its Bay Trail counterparts Today ordered.
Among the 8 inch solutions, he has only 1 competitor on a similar platform, but that FHD versus HD in this device, therefore, this option is preferable for games.

Upon receipt, I'll get the topic "Games for tablets on Cherry Trail".

Post has been editedCooler3D - 02.10.15, 04:45
Raven23
Message#6
02.10.15, 11:34
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 48
Check in: 03.11.06
Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT-I9100

* Cooler3D,
Something I strongly doubt that it will be 2 times faster.
IXBT test
MiSt! K1987
Message#7
02.10.15, 11:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 147
Check in: 23.01.15

Cooler3D @ 10/02/2015, 04:56*
All who waited for an inexpensive, compact 8 inch device on Windows for games - congratulations, Onda v820w ch (on Cherry Trail) went on sale. In terms of performance, it is approximately twice as fast as its Bay Trail counterparts Today ordered.
Among the 8 inch solutions, he has only 1 competitor on a similar platform, but that FHD versus HD in this device, therefore, this option is preferable for games.

Eh, if it were not for 2GB of RAM, I would have already ordered it without thinking! In general, I'm really looking forward to an 8-inch device on a cherry trail, similar to the asus t90 chi. What would also be a convenient little docking keyboard, so that if desired, the tablet could be turned into a netbook. For some reason, of the 8-inch, only the T90 is the only one, and it cannot be found on sale. And in general, it’s a pity that now they don’t make UMPC, as they used to do in the year 2008-2010 - they did it for every taste and color .. And sliders, and folding beds, and mini-tablets with built-in touchpads and keyboards .. Only in terms of power were weak, all on mononuclear atoms. Now would be to release UMPC, with the current 4 nuclear atoms and in the same form factors - that would be a bomb! : rolleyes:

Post has been editedMiSt! K1987 - 02.10.15, 11:53
lg su760
Message#8
02.10.15, 15:54
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1693
Check in: 01.01.14

Can anyone guys try xgo? I want to buy one of the tablets on the cheatreil by selling my own on a bay trip
As it is not impressive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIdxL1wBPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wL5LxOOPMceven do badly Here is a detailed review.http://techtablets.com/teclast-x98-pro/review/
MiSt! K1987
Message#9
02.10.15, 17:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 147

* lg su760come on, what's wrong? What is not impressive? Normal processors completely. Vaughn, even GTA5 started up, on the tablet something! Have a conscience too, no one promised you the power of a desktop PC. And so it is necessary to pay tribute to Intel - from the once helpless Atom they made such a powerful thing that you can play fully-featured PC games on 8-inch tablets. GTA4, for example, I think it will go quite a normal on medium-low.
MrDeamon
Message#10
02.10.15, 18:55
Old resident
[online]

Messages 1091
Check in: 21.01.13
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

* er9studio,
I support, I had more FPS with better graphics in 2 Dotas (the resolution was 85%), I even have a post. From the suitable tablets on cherry treil I think only 3 surprises, but we have it expensive.

Post has been editedMrDeamon - 02.10.15, 18:56

--------------------
My PC: Win 10, Core i5 4670, GTX 1070 ASUS Dual, 16gb RAM.
lg su760
Message#11
02.10.15, 21:11
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1693

* MiSt! K1987,On Beitreil, while the game works better, it works better (the exact same GTA), but I think Intel will fix this with firewood
* er9studio,Odd badhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnsk4RYik1A
* er9studio,Yes, I know that cheritreil is better, but where is the promised 50% increase in GPU
lg su760
Message#12
02.10.15, 22:26
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1693

* er9studio,And about trotting it comes very fast. Much faster than ours.
* er9studio,I do not ask (one guy modified the plan so that trotting does not appear so quickly)
Cooler3D
Message#13
03.10.15, 14:02
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1742
Apple iPhone 6s

In China tablets, as a rule, Bios is not locked. The technical process of Chery Trail is already 14nm, the crystal is smaller, the TDP is lower. On the above tablet, all of the performance is eaten by Throttling, which can simply be turned off by changing the temperature value. A full 3Dmark (11 and 13) to which I used to trust argue that X7 is twice as fast on the GPU, and X5 is 70% faster than its counterparts on Bay Trail (in these tests, throttling does not have time to connect, and we see fair performance). In the end, the same Skyrim even taking into account the throttling on Chery Trail in HD is adequately played without mods - there is no such thing on Bay Trail.

In any case, I will wait for the device, dig up the BIOS, and lay out a direct comparison in identical toys here, for those same 70% are exactly what the Bay Trail lacked to run almost everything in the native - low.
Raven23
Message#14
03.10.15, 14:50
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48

Attempt to rehabilitate the new SoC Intel Atom x5-Z8300.Continuation of the review.
Hike the change in temperature in the BIOS will not do anything, it is too hot.
Cooler3D
Message#15
03.10.15, 15:01
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1742
Apple iPhone 6s

Raven23
Throttling connects to this stone when it reaches 90 degrees, i.e. This is a tJuction. In that review, he tried to cover the chip with a radiator, and judging by the fact that he dialed the temperature instantly, and also immediately dumped it - the connection with the radiator was not important. In any case, up to 100 the temperature most likely will not jump from him with throttling turned off, will not harm himself, will not burn his hand - that’s not a problem. Simply shift the thermal trigger temperature 10 degrees up in the BIOS.

P.s. out, people with Dell Venue 8, according to my instructions, have throttled them off, playing for themselves, and there they are gaining up to 110 degrees in the chip ... And nothing, more than one person has not unsubscribed from the burned tablet for all the time :)

P.p.s. Again, even with throttling in comparison with the Bay Trail, we have the following:
Compared to devices running the Intel Z3735F, the improved 3DMark scores show off the improved GPU in the X5-Z8300. The X-ray Scorpion X330 scored almost double at 13210. You can’t need it. date.

Post has been editedCooler3D - 03.10.15, 15:04
MrDeamon
Message#16
03.10.15, 15:33
Old resident
[online]

Messages 1091
Check in: 21.01.13
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

* Cooler3D,
In the review, there is also a mini PC and not a tablet, I think on the tablet of 10 or more inches it will distribute all the heat to the case (like asus t100, which does not have trotting), and everything will be more normal.

--------------------
My PC: Win 10, Core i5 4670, GTX 1070 ASUS Dual, 16gb RAM.
back37
Message#17
03.10.15, 15:37
<<*<<*<--->*>>*>>
[online]

Messages 2883
Check in: 25.05.08
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

Raven23 @ 10/03/2015, 16:50*
Attempt to rehabilitate the new SoC Intel Atom x5-Z8300. Continuation of the review.
Hike the change in temperature in the BIOS will not do anything, it is too hot.
Cooler3D @ 10/03/2015, 17:01*
P.s. out, people with Dell Venue 8, according to my instructions, have throttled them off, playing for themselves, and there they are gaining up to 110 degrees in the chip ... And nothing, more than one person has not unsubscribed from the burned tablet for all the time :)
Most likely there is a layout case ... the same Dell Venue 8 and Asus T100TA, the first one heats up that tin, the second one I didn’t see above 65, I could have done a bad job: D too big file ... In the review, the modification of the cooling system is not very good for me, I’m certainly not an expert, but smearing a thermal paste with a thin layer (something with top thermal conductivity, for sure, there is Arctic Cooling MX4 for example, "liquid metal" " not friendly "with aluminum, and traces of it are more difficult to remove, therefore not an option) would be correct ie, instead of "gum", it needs only to fill in the gap between the heat sink and the component, instead of air, and the thinner the better. And if the device there is not just for review, but for personal use, then the radiator itself can be replaced, so that there is more space, a little more edge, or even sawed, so that for example the percent is cooled separately from the opera and the rest, IMHO.

Post has been editedback37 - 03.10.15, 15:50

--------------------
Xiaomi mi mix 3 6/128 Global | Mi Band 2 Global (BT4.2LE)
Asus T100TA 64Gb 1st Gen. - MSI GP72VR 7RFX leopard
Raven23
Message#18
03.10.15, 16:53
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48

There is a gain in 3D, but not in half. In the same review.
12 Gen8 modules were 40% faster than 4 Gen7 modules. But it is still slower than the same Celeron 2957U (at one time there were several interesting boxes with it). Miracles did not happen, but it can be argued that the GPU is definitely faster than its predecessor.

While this is a mini-pc with network operation. When working from the battery, it is not known how long it will last and there most likely there will be limited productivity.

* Cooler3D,
Your quote is taken from the site of the manufacturer of this very mini PC. The review is "slightly" biased. Independent reviewers have "slightly" other + results compared to not the fastest Z3735F, which is also cut off to the most "nowhere". Single-channel memory, respectively, the bandwidth fell by almost 2 times compared with the same 3740. The graphics memory does not have its own video memory. A higher frequency of RAM did not help much.
So it turns out -http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Atom-Z3740-vs-Intel-Atom-Z3735F. The results in 3D Mark are very interesting.
In general, some kind of offtopic. :)

Post has been editedRaven23 - 03.10.15, 16:55
MiSt! K1987
Message#19
04.10.15, 12:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 147

Please test the gamesMortal Kombat 9 Komplete EditionandGTA 4, preferably with onscreen controls. If more than playable - immediately change my Dv8Pro to some "cherry" Chinese) :)
Cooler3D
Message#20
05.10.15, 01:05
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1742
Apple iPhone 6s

Game Name:Counter Strike GO
Short description:Heiress cult fashion for HL
The tablet on which the game was tested:Surface 3