Custom Stock (ENG) [ 152 ] ** [4,47%]
Other [ 76 ] ** [2,23%]
Please select the most good firmware, there are several:
Openwrt [ 211 ] ** [6,2%]
Pandorabox [ 211 ] ** [6,2%]
Multi web [ 20 ] ** [0,59%]
Padavan (XRMWRT) [ 2076 ] ** [60,99%]
All stock [ 886 ] ** [26,03%]
After flashing to custom, you were satisfied with the firmware?
Yes completely [ 1866 ] ** [54,82%]
Come down, but I had to tinker [ 523 ] ** [15,36%]
I regret having flashed [ 78 ] ** [2,29%]
I did not flash [ 880 ] ** [25,85%]
-
Total votes: 3404

Rep: (1302)
MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini - Firmware
Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi nano пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android)пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ | PROMETHEUS scripting system пїЅ

Attached Image

FAQ
Firmware comparison
Currently there is3 workersfirmware for our little animal with you:
1. Stock firmware:
Pros:
• Pre-installed and working;
• Has the ability to control through the app on a smartphone.
Minuses:
• Chinese andonly chinesenow English, to get the language, change the wifi region to Europe and upgrade the firmware;
• No support for USB modems;
• There is no normal L2TP support from Beeline (thank God, the Beeline changed its mind and in some regions allowed to connect without a tunnel);
• No IGMP support (IPTV);
• Strongly loads the processor.

2. OpenWRT (PandoraBox)
Pros:
• Flexible and with patience it can be completed by installing additional packages.
Minuses:
• Requires SSH access, and some configuration.

3. XRMWRT (Padavan)
Pros:
• Works great and is easily customizable;
• Excellent speed and stability;
• Everything comes immediately in the kit;
• The presence of skins;
• The standard firmware package includes a lot of programs;
• High security;
• Initially in Russian.
Minuses:
• Does not extend in open access, demands independent assembly;
• Requires access to SSH;
• The system section is read only.
How to get access via SSH and flash the router
How to bind a router to an account with access via L2TP
If your provider provides the Internet through an L2TP connection, you will have to connect a router through the old one, for this, connect them to the LAN-LAN. The router will be available as an access point, you will only need to find its IP address, for this scan the network with an old router or via a PC.
How to upload any file to the device
"Plan A" From any network share, download with the console command:
wget (full link to firmware) -P / tmp

"Plan b" Can use WinSCP (in SCP mode) in order to push the required file into the tmp folder: protocol - SCP, host - 192.168.31.1, port - 22, name - root, password - your password you received along with the SSH file.
How to flash any firmware
1. Determine where to write the firmware with the command:
cat / proc / mtd

2. Remember what the console gives you: it can be "firmware", "OS1" or "Firmware_Stub";
3. Flash the firmware lying along the path /tmp/your_proshivka.bin with the command:
mtd -r write / tmp / (your_program) (section_name)

Where(section_name) - section ("firmware", "OS1" or "FirmwareStub" depending on your device);
(your_proshivka) - the name of the firmware file.

Please note that on the XRMWRT firmware, the command and section will be different:
mtd_write -r write / tmp / (your firmware) Firmware_Stub
Back up partitions
To display sections we write:
cat / proc / mtd

Kernel + RootFS backup is not needed. Firmware_Stub is the sum of the Kernel + RootFS partitions. Ie the firmware image is entirely there, the entry point to RootFS is calculated automatically from the offset in the header image.
If the backup folder was created on the HDD, the approximate path to save will be / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup Note, the path depends on the firmware.
In turn, save:
cp / dev / mtd0 / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup
cp / dev / mtd1 / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup
cp / dev / mtd2 / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup
cp / dev / mtd5 / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup
cp / dev / mtd6 / media / AiDisk_a1 / backup

(alternative way to drain)
After the procedure, it is desirable to transfer everything to the computer, and restore it if necessary (note that the openwrt command will notmtd_write , but mtd ):
mtd_write write /media/AiDisk_a1/backup/mtd0.bin Bootloader
mtd_write write /media/AiDisk_a1/backup/mtd1.bin Config
mtd_write write /media/AiDisk_a1/backup/mtd2.bin Factory
mtd_write write /media/AiDisk_a1/backup/mtd5.bin Storage
mtd_write write /media/AiDisk_a1/backup/mtd6.bin Firmware_Stub
Problem with logging in live Kaspersky
Try changing the subnet from 192.168.31.1 to 192.168.1.1.
No part of settings
Try to connect via SHTTP or not via Wi-Fi and LAN.
The web interface of the stock firmware does not open
One of the domestic antiviruses was noticed on blocking it, well, correctly, I would block Chinese garbage too, it can be treated by deleting it before flashing it.Read more ...
Information unit in binary numbering system GOST 8.417-2002 GSI
bit2(bit) - amount of information 1 (usually used to denote the connection speed and the amount of information transmitted);
byte2,3 - amount of information 1 equal to8bit (usually used to denote the amount of data on the media).

1) The term “amount of information” is used in devices for digital processing and transmission of information, for example in digital computing (computers), to record the amount of storage devices, the amount of memory used by a computer program.
2) In accordance with the international standard IEC 60027-2, the “bit” and “byte” units are used with SI prefixes.
3) Historically, there is such a situation that the name “byte” is incorrect (instead of 1000 = 103accepted 1024 = 210) used (and use) SI prefixes: 1 Kbyte = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1024 Kbytes, 1 Gbytes = 1024 Mbytes, etc. At the same time, the designation Kbytes start with a capital letter unlike the lowercase letter “k” to designate a multiplier ten3.

Stock firmware
To switch to English, you need to change the region in the wifi settings and update the firmware. Or download
English firmware
Crack via browser plugin

Where to get:
The latest firmware and applications from the official site
Developer Development Archive(in Chinese resource)
Extreme firmware on 03/03/2018

Archive stock firmware for Xiaomi Mi-router mini (in json format)

Setup:
How to set up for the first timeinstruction frombrain_008
Fine tuningdata fromvamadir
QOS setup
SMB configuration
Tuning the bridge through 5 GHz

Getting ssh:
Instructions for officially obtaining SSH

Unofficial manual way to get ssh
Please note that SSH is obtained not on the router, but on the firmware! If you need to activate and get a password on the SSH stock, then you simply allow it on the custom, and the login and password are usually the same as in the admin area.
Any stock firmware version 2.x.x should come up, but not older than 2.9.x
Checked versions for Xiaomi MiWiFi mini: v2.6.17,v2.1.6, v2.8.91

Modification:
Transmission- download manager

Recovery:
Rollback to X-RM stock firmware
Openwrt
LEDE
Padavan
Attention!When building, installing and configuring, consider the following:
• The Chinese have messed up with gainbecause of what RSSI for WI-FI 5 GHz is incorrectly displayedcured, but the patch is recommended to roll, because the jamb with the gain has not gone away, the patch increases the sensitivity of the reception at the routertyk.

Prometheus script and firmware distribution terms :
пїЅ You can not distribute ready-made assembly devices for companies other than ASUS;
• You can not use the script to build the firmware with proprietary modules;
• It is strictly forbidden to distribute mods, patches and parts of the code that interfere with the above conditions.

OfficialthemePROMETHEUS script and websitehttp://prometheus.freize.net All questions on the script and the compilation of the firmware is recommended to ask there.
Videoinstructions for creating virtuals and compiling firmware
Firmware helphere
Instructions in pictures

The first steps:
New instruction, without unnecessary problems ( source code update log )
EEPROM Patch or Reference Replacement be sure to put (Yes, true. Yes, you also need it. Yes, you really need it on Padavan. Yes, and you need the latest version. If you install via Prometheus, you don’t need to install a second time.)
If the stars are folded into a brick

For a snack:
Audio setup
Instructions in Russian for setting the firmware
Installing a network printer
Transmission Setup
Ad blocker
Ad blocking filter
Owncloud + nginx + php5-fpm + https cloud (updated 05/12/2016)
WEB interface to Aria2
How to add support for scanners in the firmware
how to add your playlist m3u
Adding TOR support
Bypassing Roskomnadzor locks using TOR

Using OpenVPN to bypass locks
How to configure cron (autostart)
How to configure QoS

Skins:
All skins should be replaced at the compilation stage of the firmware, the Prometheus script supports all skins, the skin change is carried out through the admin panel of the router.
Multiskin not tied to version
Outdated varsii skins

Other:
How to turn a WAN into a LAN
Remote control multifunction device
Video build and firmware
Boot sectors
Attention!Do not know what it is? Do not touch!
Advantages of custom loaders, it is an opportunity to restore the custom firmware immediately, unlike the stock one, which can only be restored to the virgin state. Please note that if you suddenly make a mistake in something when flashing the boot sector, you will get a brick to support the table leg, by the way is very convenient.
U-Boot from xrmwrt (does not work with drain)
U-Boot from the Chinese (heaped up and Chinese)
U-Boot from Pandora Box (Chinese)
U-boot stock

Stitching
Before flashing, be sure to check md5, in case of a broken file, get a brick.
How to load uboot into the router read in the FAQ section. After downloading, check the checksum:
md5sum /tmp/uboot.bin

Be sure to verify the amount issued!
If xrmwrt:
mtd_write write /tmp/uboot.bin Bootloader

If openwrt:
mtd write /tmp/uboot.bin Bootloader

Reboot the router:
reboot

On the drain, the bootloader is closed for writing.

Instructions
Useful
Past polls
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the COMPLAINT button under the messages.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 08:56
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (74)
Bright style, made for myself, I decided to lay out the source for replacement before assembly, for those who want)))

VERSION # 1
Screenshots:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Download:
Attached filewww.zip(1.1 MB)

VERSION # 2
Screenshots:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Download:
Attached filewww_v2.zip(1.11 MB)

Where to put (replace) the folderwww
Attached Image

Post has been editedmedissn - 25.08.15, 00:47

Rep: (20)
Then another question is how to open ssh on the firmware from padavana, doesn’t want through the firmware update? (

Rep: (41)
* Shoot9,
Shoot9 @ 08.25.2015, 23:20*
how to open usb on firmware from padavana

go to services

Rep: (20)
Rainman2004 @ 08.25.2015, 23:30*
go to services

Thanks, but winSCP doesn’t let everything go ... maybe what else is needed?
damn the diode soars ... so then everything seems to be fine, except for it

* Shoot9,
Shoot9 @ 08.25.2015, 23:35*
winSCP does not start

SCP protocol selected? come on in QMS? there is nothing to foul for a virgin, thanks Freize.

Post has been editedRainman2004 - 25.08.15, 21:44

Rep: (101)
* medissn,

the style is cool, but the colors are too poisonous, if it were a little softer or darker tones it would be a bomb :)

* oddis,
Oddis @ 08.26.2015, 00:49*
or dark tones it was a bomb at all

I support, likehttp: //ec2-54-202-251-...aws.com: 8085 / index.asp

Post has been editedRainman2004 - 25.08.15, 23:13

Rep: (74)
* oddis,
I'm preparing another skin

Rep: (0)
Hello, I have never dealt with the firmware of routers, and while this “miracle” is flying from China, I decided to sort out this topic a bit, and only realized that XRMWRT would suit me. But the problem is that all the manuals that I saw were written for Windows, and I have a Mac. And in general, everything was written messy, many options for installing it, many incomprehensible things and terms to me, I was already confused about what to do and in what sequence ...
Can someone write step-by-step instructions on a proven way to install XRMWRT using a Mac (10.10.5)?
I would be grateful for any help: rolleyes:

K
No need to duplicate your posts in all topics, your post is clearly visible and readable in this thread. Thank.

Post has been editedFreize - 26.08.15, 07:18

Rep: (6)
All assembly takes place inside the virtual machine, the instructions use virtualbox, it is cross-platform. Those. the whole instruction differs only in that you need to download virtualbox for OS X, not windows.
You can install the firmware (and you need) directly from the virtual machine with Linux, all the tools for this (ssh, scp) in Linux are.

Rep: (1302)
* jtlab in the evening I will rewrite the instructions regarding the installation. In the meantime, here's the installation directly from the virtual machine:
All actions are performed in the virtual console.
cd xrmwrt / trunk / images

scp MI-MINI_3.4.3.9-096.trx [email protected]: / tmp /

Enter the password from the SSH router. Characters are not displayed. Should output:
MI-MINI_3.4.3.9-096.trx 100% 8906KB 1.2MB / s 00:07

Here again the password.
We request sections, we look for a section with firmware:
cat / proc / mtd

We get something like this:
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 01000000 00010000 "ALL"
mtd1: 00030000 00010000 "Bootloader"
mtd2: 00010000 00010000 "Config"
mtd3: 00010000 00010000 "Factory"
mtd4: 00c80000 00010000 "OS1"
mtd5: 00b21c3e ​​00010000 "rootfs"
mtd6: 00200000 00010000 "OS2"
mtd7: 00100000 00010000 "overlay"
mtd8: 00010000 00010000 "crash"
mtd9: 00010000 00010000 "reserved"
mtd10: 00010000 00010000 "Bdata"

Stitching:
mtd -r write /tmp/MI-MINI_3.4.3.9-096.trx OS1

Must reboot.

Post has been editedFreize - 26.08.15, 07:46

Rep: (2)
Please tell me, for the operation of 3G modems, only firmware from Padawan is suitable?

Rep: (37)
I'm preparing another skin

And you can install your skins only when assembling the firmware? And then I tried to replace the files already in the router, it does not allow to delete through WinSCP. On files atr. only reading and changing does not work. How to be

Hello. Internet from the provider is distributed via the PPTP Russia protocol. Firmware 2.2.100 does not allow connecting to the Internet (at least. I did not succeed). In this case, how can I change the router to the proper firmware if it (the router) does not have Internet access? Or please explain how to connect to the Internet on the current firmware, because the method specified in the header is not suitable.

Rep: (12)
Guys, yesterday I lowered the firmware from custom to the stock method via a USB flash drive, because of the reason the computer can’t access the web face, and it’s easy from smart. So, during the firmware the diode stopped burning, after an hour it still didn’t turn on, resetting and again through the USB flash drive does not help. Killed? I need help !!!
The firmware was 2.2.100

Freize @ 08.26.2015, 07:22*
in the evening I will rewrite the instructions

Thank you, I will wait for the instruction. And in what form will it be? One of the messages or in the topic header?

P.S.
Freize @ 08.26.2015, 07:18*
No need to duplicate your posts in all topics

Sorry, I read both topics at the same time and accidentally wrote the wrong one, then, when I understood, I decided to write here, but in the old one I could not delete: blush:

Rep: (25)
Max-D1 @ 08.26.2015, 11:43*
Guys, yesterday I lowered the firmware from custom to the stock method via a USB flash drive, because of the reason the computer can’t access the web face, and it’s easy from smart. So, during the firmware the diode stopped burning, after an hour it still didn’t turn on, resetting and again through the USB flash drive does not help. Killed? I need help !!!
The firmware was 2.2.100

Write the name of the file you tried to upload via the USB flash drive!

Rep: (7)
Who has experience setting up your printer on XRMWRT?
Connected according to the logs, he found it
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor = 1d6b, idProduct = 0002
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb1: Product: Generic Platform EHCI Controller
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 3.4.108 ehci_hcd
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb1: SerialNumber: ehci-platform
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: hub 1-0: 1.0: USB hub found
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: hub 1-0: 1.0: 1 port detected
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: ohci-platform ohci-platform: Generic Platform OHCI Controller
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: ohci-platform ohci-platform: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: ohci-platform ohci-platform: irq 18, io mem 0x101c1000
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor = 1d6b, idProduct = 0001
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb2: Product: Generic Platform OHCI Controller
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 3.4.108 ohci_hcd
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb usb2: SerialNumber: ohci-platform
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: hub 2-0: 1.0: USB hub found
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: hub 2-0: 1.0: 1 port detected
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-platform
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor = 03f0, idProduct = 042a
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb 1-1: Product: HP LaserJet Professional M1132 MFP
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 000000000QH4A5R8SI1c
Aug 26 12:34:16 kernel: scsi0: usb-storage 1-1: 1.0

How now to get to it further? It is not visible in the admin panel. The IP address of the router is also not visible.

Rep: (104)
Kagaro @ 08.26.2015, 11:35*
Or please explain how to connect to the Internet on the current firmware, because the method specified in the header is not suitable.

Mobile Internet (phone / modem) - to the computer - from the computer via LAN to the router and then according to the instructions ...

Wolfling83 @ 08.26.2015, 11:42*
Mobile Internet (phone / modem) - to the computer - from the computer via LAN to the router and then according to the instructions ...

Is it for rewriting? Now I have internet connected via TP Link. Can I somehow use its LAN to connect to mi mini, so that in the future I can use wifi for distribution? Or is this option similar to mi mini repeater mode?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/16/19, 02:51