> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Chuwi HI8 - Firmware (Android OS)
Android 5.1 / 6.0
Are you interested in Android 5.1 and 6.0 on Chuwi Hi8?
Yes, I am the owner of the old party. [ 314 ] ** [64,61%]
Yes, I am the owner of the May party and later. [ 134 ] ** [27,57%]
No, not interested. And so everything suits me. [ 24 ] ** [4,94%]
I am no longer or was not the owner of Chuwi Hi8. [ 14 ] ** [2,88%]
Total votes: 486

Rep: (83)
Chuwi HI8 - Firmware (Android OS)
PictureCW-Hi8-super
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ
Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ

The topic is intended to discuss android firmware. Posts relating to the work of windows will be deleted.

Important information. Read before flashing!
  • Everything you do with the device, you do at your own peril and risk. Before flashing it is recommended to backup.
  • To avoid getting EFI Shell when flashing, it is recommended to use ManufacturingFlashTool version 6.0.51 or newer.
  • We do not recommend changing the bios settings without need and reflashing it, it is possible to make a tablet! It is possible to restore the bios of a ripped-up device only with the help of the programmer!
  • Information about new lots of Chuwi Hi8

Faq
  1. Currently, the tablet comes preloaded with Windows 10.
  2. Initially, the version of Windows that was supplied by the developer with the tablet was - 8.1 Bing. This means that you can upgrade the software to Windows 10 Home - free of charge, for a year from the moment of release (07.29.2015). If for any reason you don’t have time to do it in a year, then you will no longer be able to perform a free update legally.
  3. Just install the update to Windows 10 once - and Microsoft binds your copy of the operating system to the tablet hardware ID. This means that subsequent installations of the OS will not require activation.
  4. At the moment there is no official android LP on Chuwi Hi8. If you wish, you can run Android 5.1 or 6.0 for x86, as well as PhoenixOS and RemixOS 2.0 x86, but at least the touch will not work.
  5. If when installing windows / restoring Macrium backup from the entire memory, only 7.22 GB (7.3 GB) is visible, then you probablycovered with a memory chipand youhere.

Instructions

ForAndroid :

Drivers and Utilities
Firmware

ForWindows :

Windows builds

If something went wrong
miscellanea

On all questions of filling and updating the caps, the topic curator can always help you.Iammy

Post has been editedIammy - 21.01.18, 08:35
Reason for editing: Building Windows

Rep: (2775)
M
We move to subsectionпїЅ Other brands пїЅ .

Post has been editedolegusss - 27.08.15, 09:15

Rep: (38)
Are there romodels? Can I port custom firmware from other tablets to Atom z3736f?
Apparently, on Teclast x98 Air 3G most of all custom firmware, even lollipop is.Link
Can someone try to port?

Rep: (299)
* LOWRIDER333,
While there are none.

Rep: (44)
Tell me how to enter it in rekovar?

Post has been editedlisa78 - 29.09.15, 06:49

Rep: (6)
My 64Gb exFAT card does not work. Is the problem common?

Rep: (3)
Yurius @ 10/05/2015, 17:17*
My 64Gb exFAT card does not work. Is the problem common?

Try to do it like this -Chuwi Vi8 - Discussion (Post m00nlight1 # 41563616)

Rep: (0)
Help please can anyone met with a problem with sound, then some kind of squeak is quiet, the headphones insert the music itself, then it pauses, it turns on, the Google application puts the headphones on so you connect it, help solve this unbearable problem on Windows and Android, Windows only screenshots and noise. Please write in a personal

Rep: (2)
Hello. Tell me please. I installed Windows 10 according to the instructions from the header. Restored the driver. But the drivers of the wheelbarrow do not even kill. One unidentified device hangs and does not want to be updated from the firewood folder. Digital signature drivers removed.

Rep: (7)
MrAlex8998 @ 10/15/2015, 17:28*
Only it will be updated to 5.1, on a simple version 5, we can not wait

Good time of day! Does anyone know when this update is planned? The dispatcher has a service that is translated as a wireless update, but its activity is not visible and did not find how to launch it separately. There is some information.

Rep: (33)
* arrvall Yes, they will update with the release of Hi8 Pro Android.
About the usual Hi8 forget.

Posted 10/16/2015 06:59 AM:

* Sanyas15, Yes, in principle, in any way, the starting logo seems to be wired in BIOS.

Rep: (156)
Maybe there will be a holiday in our street.
http: //www.android-x86…es/releasenote-5-1-rc1

Rep: (175)
Na_pr1kole @ 10/01/2015, 17:21*
In short, I decided to write a normal manual for the complete recovery of the chick (Windows 10 + android), when it is not loaded, neither there nor here. We need a usb hub, a flash drive (formatted in fat32), a keyboard and mouse (for windows).
Guys, there is such a problem. The tablet was discharged to zero by the child during the game (on Android). After connecting the tablet to charging, the LED instead of flashing just started to burn (such as the battery is charged). Through the essence, the attempt was repeated and the LED started flashing after connecting the charging (such as charging went off), but after 5 hours of charging, the tablet could not be turned on in any of the systems. What could be where to dig, or take a spit and start as described above (flashing all sections with Bios)?
Who can face the same problem.

Rep: (374)
* lawyerhome in such cases, people have to open the device and charge the battery directly to reanimate it. Thanks to the cheap battery charge controller, because of which the Chinese are not recommended to discharge to zero.

Rep: (104)
Beholder @ 10/16/2015 09:44*
Maybe there will be a holiday in our street.

So, something I did not understand, are they going to make a universal image for any x86 devices? or can it be downloaded? or was I glad early on?

* lawyerhome
Try to go into the bios, if it comes, reflash. If it does not, then with battery trouble ...

Post has been editedna_pr1kole - 16.10.15, 13:02

Rep: (18)
Guys, how to reset the bios ??? Went to Advanced and accidentally disabled lpss pvm # 1 support
Now when the tablet is turned on, the black screen and nifiga can not be done ...

does not react at all ... help

Post has been editedSanyas15 - 16.10.15, 13:20

Rep: (156)
So, something I did not understand, are they going to make a universal image for any x86 devices? or can it be downloaded? or was I glad early on?

People have already put on tablets with 3735F: auto-rotate, bluetooth and something else from the software does not work. But this is only RC1, we are waiting for a more stable version.
Android OS on x86

Post has been editedBeholder - 16.10.15, 13:23

Rep: (18)
To reset the BIOS, you only need to disassemble the tablet and turn off the battery ??

Rep: (4)
SpelleS @ 08.21.2015, 09:25*
Then click File - Open and select the flash file from the folder with the android.
We clamp on the tablet Volume +, volume - and the power button simultaneously, two lines of text should appear on the black screen.
Now we connect the cable to the tablet, the firmware has gone, we are waiting for 100% in the flasher, the tablet can be disconnected from the PC.
The first download lasts about 2 minutes.

And there are ideas what to do if the tablet is determined by Windows, but does not seem to be a flasher?

Rep: (104)
* Sanyas15,
Doesn't it go into bios at all? With a hub and keyboard?

Rep: (31)
Who tried to restore the tablet makriumom?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/20/19 12:20