Windows 10 Insider Preview | [windowsos] Discussion of technical releases of the new OS

Rep: (2212)
Windows 10 | Browser Edge | Install Windows | Windows RT and UWP applications | IT smoker | Windows club

Attached Image

Description
    Windows insider (off site) - the program of preliminary assessment of Windows 10, which allows:
    • one of the first to get access to new features of Windows;
    • make Windows better and help fix any bugs by leaving feedback in the Feedback Hub app;
    • for developers, create and test their software for a future publicly available version of the system.

Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously Technical Preview) is pre-released (pre-release) a product that can be significantly modified before a commercial release. It is intended for IT professionals interested in becoming familiar with the next version of Windows on behalf of their organizations. Some product features and functions may require additional hardware or software.
    Some older PCs will not be able to install a 64-bit pre-technical version of Windows, as they do not support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW and LAHF / SAHF.

It is not recommended to use pre-assemblies as the main system and / or on the main device due to extreme instability.
useful links

Activity in the topic

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 17.01.19, 15:04

Rep: (2212)
Microsoft will continue to integrate all of its platforms including Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox.In 2015, the company is set to release the second major update. which add even more common elements to the system, in addition to the kernel and graphical interface.

Microsoft has determined the release date of the next major Windows update, codenamedThreshold (after the name of the planet from the Halo game). It will appear in the spring of 2015 and will become the second major update after Windows 8.1.

This information, citing informed sources, was reported by the author of the ZDNet publication Mary Jo Foley. Previously, she repeatedly provided information about future Microsoft products. For example, in August, announced the release date of Windows 8.1 - in mid-October (the release took place on the 17th).

The threshold, however, will concern not only the Windows operating system, Foley claims, but also the Xbox One and Windows Phone platforms, that is, each of the three platforms will receive a corresponding update, and as a result they will contain an even greater number of common elements.

“As I was told, Threshold will not apply to one Windows or even to the expected hybrid of Windows Phone and Windows RT. Instead, this codename will mark a whole wave of updates for Windows-based phones, devices and gaming consoles. ”

Clarify that the Xbox One uses three operating systems, including Xbox OS, Windows and a connecting OS.

On Xbox OS, Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8, there are already common elements - in particular, they are all based on the Windows NT kernel. The platform also integrates a graphical user interface. The next step, Microsoft intended to create a single application store for Windows and Windows Phone - this was reported in September by The Verge website.

According to Foley, a certain role in this combination should be played by the Windows Azure cloud platform, through which developers plan to provide the ability to compile applications for two platforms at once - Windows RT and Windows Phone. The launch of a single app store can take place in spring 2014, Foley reports, citing sources.

The convergence of various Windows operating systems is part of the Microsoft strategy announced in October 2012. As Microsoft spoke about it, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer noted that one of the most important tasks is to provide a unified experience with devices. Ballmer, recall, in August announced their intention to resign.

A source

Threshold (English) - threshold.

Post has been editedJohnny P - 03.12.13, 17:08

Rep: (1)
I wonder if even in 2015, why not windows 9?)

Rep: (0)
And I read that for the PC will be released in January 2014, and so it’s written on the wiki

Rep: (159)
New details about windows threshold
Of course, nothing more than rumors, but it sounds very beautiful. The interface will be separate, common platform. This is exactly what I’ve been expecting from Microsoft two years ago. For some reason, on the contrary, the interface is common, and the platforms are practically unrelated. (I know about the core, but I, as a user, sneeze on it.)

Rep: (120)
There will be a dozen! And she will be great. Long wait for us ...

Rep: (98)
Lindström
Even 9 will be good.

Rep: (98)
Here is the new informationhttp: //www.winbeta.org…s-9-arrives-april-2015

Rep: (24)
Soon it will be possible to put 9
http: //microsoftportal...ublichnom-dostupe.html

Rep: (1946)
The first screenshots of Windows 9

Rep: (2694)
Microsoft first officially announced the development of Windows 9
Until yesterday, it was almost reliably known that Microsoft was developing Windows 9 (the most likely name for the operating system). However, the company itself only recently admitted this during the Partner Conference 2014.
Microsoft Operations Director Kevin Turner (Kevin Turner), while on the stage of the conference hall, said that Microsoft "is working on a new generation of Windows." He did not provide any specifications for the new OS, but noted that the new OS will be aimed at the business sector. In this case, the corporation will try to make it so easy for developers to create applications for devices with different screen sizes and form factors.
Attached Image

According to Turner, Windows will receive API support for TVs and PPI displays, which will allow applications developed for Windows RT and Windows Phone to work also on devices with a large screen, including a plasma TV.
Microsoft's operating director noted that the new Windows will be based on user requests. At the same time, nothing was said about the “Start” menu, which became subjects of very lively discussions after the release of the previous version of the platform.
Turner did not name the date of the appearance of Windows vNext on the market, but earlier there were rumors on the Web that its release would take place around April 2015. It is also expected to release two preliminary beta releases, the first of which should occur in the current year.
Attached Image

As the operating system develops, Microsoft will undoubtedly share its achievements with the public. Recall that next month, Windows 8.1 Update 2, the second and probably the last operating system update package, is expected to be released before the release of Windows 9.
пїЅ http://www.3dnews.ru/823958

Rep: (21)
http://news.yandex.ru/…-versiy-os.html&lr=213

Rep: (8)
Betka that is?

Wzor: drive on Windows 8!
Will Windows 9 Repeat Windows XP Success?
Returning to the past, one thing is clear - after the successful “98”, followed by the unmemorable “2000”, which has been replaced by the XP used to this day ...
We have already got these "analysts" ... 2000th I do not remember who? students stupid?

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 14.08.14, 14:43
Reason for editing: Will Windows 9 repeat the success of Windows XP?

Rep: (730)
We have already got these "analysts" ... 2000th I do not remember who? students stupid?

I also don’t remember 2000. A year later, XP appeared, so I didn’t even have time to install it on my work computers or on my personal one. The NT kernel, NTFS and all that, I understand, but at 98 I did not experience any serious inconvenience. And at that time, I remind you, it was still necessary to be confused with the purchase of a disk (even pirated), searching for drivers for hardware.

* zusicks438, so I’m talking about the same ... The 2000th, like nt4, was popular only in enterprises.
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_2000
Professional (Workstation and Advanced Edition)
Nobody in production used the 98th, all the software was written under nt4, later the 2000th.

Microsoft plans to release the next version of Windows in late September. The ninth version of the most popular operating system in the world, code-named Threshold, will be demonstrated at a special press event.
Starting from September 30 (or within the next days after the presentation) the preview version of Windows 9 will be available for developers.
Many features of the new operating system are already known - this is, first of all, the return to the Start menu interface.
Attached Image

True, it will become a hybrid - along with the familiar users of Windows 7 and older versions of Windows shortcuts, live tiles will appear there, “imported” from the Windows 8 start screen.
In addition, applications developed for the Modern UI interface in Windows 9 can be launched in standard window mode. Perhaps, in Windows 9, Microsoft is also saying goodbye to one of the main features of the G8 interface - the Charms "magic buttons" menu, which appears on the swipe from the right edge of the screen or when you hover the cursor in the upper left corner. Developers now have to implement the corresponding elements directly in the interfaces of their own applications.
пїЅ theverge.com

Lost screenshots of "Windows Technical Preview"
http: //www.computerbas...ew-bilder-testversion/
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Next to launching a hodgepodge of icons of different styles. It looks disgusting, I hope this will not happen in the final.
And further. I hope in the start it will be possible to stuff more live tails than in the screenshots. The stores will appear normal applications. The notification panel will be able to collect all notifications in general, and not only from the subway programs, and the notifications themselves will be displayed on top of all open windows.

Post has been editedAlex93 - 11.09.14, 18:41

* Alex93, the most interesting is work tables , finally...

Rep: (783)
Alex93 @ 09/11/2014, 19:31*
Next to launching a hodgepodge of icons of different styles.

Judging by the screenshot, they have practically not touched the design at all for now. Fichi screwed. 8, too, was very similar to 7 in beta versions.

Hopefully, it will be possible to shove more live tails in the launch than in the screenshots

In April, a slightly different start menu was shown and there the size of the right side varied depending on the number of tiles added. Most likely here as well. You can make the start at least fullscreen.

The stores will appear normal applications.

They will appear there only if Microsoft provides an API for creating metro applications for desktop computers. Many desktop applications at the moment in the metro form can not be implemented at all. Let's see what the developers will provide to the final. I hope that they will just start launching desktop apps in the Windows Store (now they cannot be downloaded from there, only get links to the developer’s site) and will only allow applications made to meet the requirements. And the requirements themselvesthere isfor a long time, so that special problems will not arise.

The notification panel will be able to collect all the notifications in general, and not only from the subway

Again, this can only be realized by adding new APIs, which developers will not start using right away, and not all. And again there will be a jumble of old pop-up notifications from old applications and new ones using new APIs. :( I hope that I am mistaken.

Video of the new start
http://winfuture.de/vi...e-in-Aktion-12906.html

Shoore @ 09/11/2014, 21:45*
these are desktops, finally ...

Of course it is better when there is a function than when it is not there, but it is not important for everyone. Personally, I can not imagine what it is. Although I have a mess of labels, but I do not want to multiply this mess also on several tables ...

practically not touched so far

I hope. I really do not want to remove such a mess in the final version. Well, it's not serious.
You can make the start at least fullscreen.

Yes, you can see in the video. Full-screen is of course not needed, but you can put a lot. Just before all the screenshots were in two columns, and this is not enough. Even on my smart in 3 columns ...
I hope that they just start running desktop apps in the Windows Store

I also hope so. For convenience, even separate sections in the store do. Lick them again would not pereklinilo with the promotion of this subway.
Again, this can only be realized by adding new APIs, which developers will not start using right away, and not all.

The main thing to add, over time will increase. And then, in principle, does nothing prevent the Macrostf from collecting all existing notifications in one place? Let it not look so beautiful, but at least they will be in one place.

In general, in terms of notifications, I really like OSX, it is just 2 heads higher than it is now in Windows. But with such prices for poppy, you can wait for a normal implementation in wines ...

Post has been editedAlex93 - 12.09.14, 12:24

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/15/19/04: 22